The Artist and His Muse {M/m}

Started by Sho, December 16, 2015, 05:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho

Hello!

I'm looking for a fairly specific theme here, which is the relationship between an artist/musician/actor (whatever creative role you'd like) and his muse. I've also played my character, Linney, as the inspiration behind a ringmaster who built an unbelievable circus, so the role isn't only limited to artists so much as to characters who are creating something unique.

I'd like this plot to include, ideally, elements of betrayal, obsession, psychological manipulation, and quite possibly drugs.

My character, Linney, has a certain something about him that seems to inspire men. He reads as somewhat gender fluid or ambiguously gendered, sometimes appearing as female, sometimes as male, though he more often than not identifies as a male. He has a habit of attaching himself to struggling artists and encouraging them and driving them into a position of greatness, only to disappear when they often need him. He has been known to drive men to madness; he is particularly skilled at driving men to be destructively obsessed with him and to be ever-present in their lives without their friends ever realizing it. He does this for a specific purpose; when he disappears, he creates an element of madness where his lovers are forced to ask themselves if he was ever real.

I typically play him as ambiguously human, where it is unclear whether he is just an exceptionally skilled human or if he has a touch of the supernatural around him.

I like his plots to trend towards the darker...with Linney driving his lovers towards an almost violent obsession with him that often manifests itself in their sex life. Drugs, alcohol, and lies are all something that often go hand in hand with Linney. He's a master psychological manipulator, and he gets off on trying to bend and mold people into what he finds most amusing that particular day.

Alternately, I'd be happy to explore playing him across from princes/nobility as the sort of mistress/lover who inspires massive hatred fro other courtiers because of the royal's almost single-minded obsession with him.

Finally, beyond that, I like the idea of playing a sort of reincarnated version of him, where YC (your character) has vague memories of someone who in a previous life he'd loved, and when he sees Linney, he realizes that it was him and the obsession starts again.

Please PM with interest! Obviously this is a very loose plot at the moment, but I prefer to build out the bulk of the plot with my partners.