News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I once had this talk with a bisexual woman.

Started by Inkidu, July 21, 2008, 02:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Sherona on July 25, 2008, 01:07:02 PM
Thats wher I got that you said they don't feel love.

Anyway, thats all I really have to say. I can not imagine not feeling a bond with someone.

Oh I said that the people I've spoken with thought that they didn't feel love toward the same sex (these people being bi) and I myself do not.  But emotional bonds are not the same as love.  Lust in some aspects is an emotional bond.  It plays with your hormones. . .and such.  But anyway, I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't coming off as saying they don't feel love.  I was just speaking from my experiences.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Paradox

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on July 25, 2008, 01:09:36 PM
But emotional bonds are not the same as love.  Lust in some aspects is an emotional bond.  It plays with your hormones. . .and such.

Hormones dictate who you feel emotion towards?

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Paradox on July 25, 2008, 01:13:09 PM
Hormones dictate who you feel emotion towards?

No hormones have a play in your emotions. . .well. . .for women at least. 
Ons and Offs

Sherona

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on July 25, 2008, 01:14:01 PM
No hormones have a play in your emotions. . .well. . .for women at least. 

Doesn't for me.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Sherona on July 25, 2008, 01:14:39 PM
Doesn't for me.

Your hormones don't make you cry or depressed or in a bad mood or stressed out sometimes?
Ons and Offs

Sherona

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on July 25, 2008, 01:15:43 PM
Your hormones don't make you cry or depressed or in a bad mood or stressed out sometimes?

Has nothing to do with who I form an emotional bond to, or dictates who I fall in love with. I was not even sexually attracted to my husband until after I formed a bond with him.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Sherona on July 25, 2008, 01:16:44 PM
Has nothing to do with who I form an emotional bond to, or dictates who I fall in love with. I was not even sexually attracted to my husband until after I formed a bond with him.

Damn. . .I'm not stating clearly what I mean.  Emotional bonds to me are any type of emotional connections.  They don't have to be meaningful to be emotional.
Ons and Offs

Bliss

So... you're saying that the bisexual people that you know look at other people only as objects for sex, without any emotional connection whatsoever?

That's... really sad. :(
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

ShrowdedPoet

Yes Bliss that's what I'm saying. . .note I am using what I think is yalls definition of emotional bonds now. . .meaning an emotional bond has to be meaningful.

And now I'm just gonna shut up cause I seem to be upsetting people just by stating my experiences which I stated were just my experiences.
Ons and Offs

Paradox

You weren't upsetting me, at least, and poet...no one is on your case about your experiences. You can't help the fact that people around you have acted the way they have and influenced you accordingly. The key words in Bliss' post were "the bisexual people that you know". We know you aren't making generalizations about all bisexual people. That would be very hypocritical considering you're bisexual yourself. This is just a bunch of adults discussing things, poking and prodding and probing each other's viewpoints. There is no need for you to shut up if all you're doing is describing how you feel, how people you know have acted, etc.  :)

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Paradox on July 25, 2008, 01:30:18 PM
You weren't upsetting me, at least, and poet...no one is on your case about your experiences. You can't help the fact that people around you have acted the way they have and influenced you accordingly. The key words in Bliss' post were "the bisexual people that you know". We know you aren't making generalizations about all bisexual people. That would be very hypocritical considering you're bisexual yourself. This is just a bunch of adults discussing things, poking and prodding and probing each other's viewpoints. There is no need for you to shut up if all you're doing is describing how you feel, how people you know have acted, etc.  :)

I wasn't saying that in relation to Bliss' post.  I was saying that because I thought I had upset people.  I actually typed that and it let me know there'd been a reply since so I answered Bliss while I was at it.

I just don't feel like getting flamed which I fear is coming and I don't feel like upsetting people.  And I'm not speaking clearly. . .so I should stop till I can speak clearly.
Ons and Offs

Paradox

Well by all means, wait until you can speak clearly. That was one of my main problems when I used to go into these sorts of discussions. The way you word your thoughts is critical. Even if you mean something somewhat mild and inoffensive, it can be misconstrued and come across in an entirely different manner; still, no one really "flames" on Elliquiy, do they? I think we have a fairly level-headed bunch here. If any such thing did occur, we have the powers-that-be to turn to, and since there are two Sirens actively participating in this thread, I think the risk of this thread being flamed is a hair's breadth above zero.

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Paradox on July 25, 2008, 01:40:34 PM
Well by all means, wait until you can speak clearly. That was one of my main problems when I used to go into these sorts of discussions. The way you word your thoughts is critical. Even if you mean something somewhat mild and inoffensive, it can be misconstrued and come across in an entirely different manner; still, no one really "flames" on Elliquiy, do they? I think we have a fairly level-headed bunch here. If any such thing did occur, we have the powers-that-be to turn to, and since there are two Sirens actively participating in this thread, I think the risk of this thread being flamed is a hair's breadth above zero.

Yeah. . .people flame on E. . .
Ons and Offs

Paradox

Hmmph, and people call me cynical.

Maybe it was optimistic for me to do so, but I have always held Elliquiy to higher standards than most message boards where flaming runs rampant. In my experience (pardon the turn of phrase, considering your recent trouble with it), I've found Elliquiy to be fairly well free of flaming. Where have you seen it happen?

ShrowdedPoet

Normally in politics and religion. . .but it's not as bad here as it is on other boards.  The Mods do a good job of taking care of it and most of the people are more mature.
Ons and Offs

Sherona

Ok this thread has really been high jacked sooo

I think women are difficult to live with, as much as men are. We are really different genders, and we approach things differently

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: Sherona on July 25, 2008, 02:19:16 PM
Ok this thread has really been high jacked sooo

I think women are difficult to live with, as much as men are. We are really different genders, and we approach things differently

HUH?  Now I'm completely lost. . .I mean I agree with that statement but. . .what's it being made to?
Ons and Offs

Bliss

The original post, I imagine... from which this topic has seriously wandered away. *grin* I recall it starting with humor... somewhere!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Mathim

I think straight, gay, and bisexual oriented people are all just as capable/incapable of love. I mean, because of how I was raised, I'm having a hard time knowing when someone is showing love towards me, and a hard time figuring out how to show love to others. I don't know if I'll ever figure it out. Lack of love from my family is affecting how I take in and give out love to the people in my life, so for the moment, my interest in females would be mostly sexual and not romantic, even though I do believe that merely valuing a woman just solely for her body is disrespectful and inappropriate (hence roleplaying sex, rather than actually engaging in it.) So I don't think someone's orientation has anything to do with lust overwhelming romantic love, it's on a person-to-person basis. I mean, didn't we already mention that it was bad to adhere to stereotypes...?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Stattick

O/O   A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: Bliss on July 25, 2008, 10:23:20 AM
For the sake of not flaming and making huge arguments, I'll just state that my personal experience has differed greatly from ShrowdedPoet's. :)
Well I didn't mean to start anything serious. I thought it was a hilarious remark.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

Personal experience is just that-personal experience. No one can change how you feel about things.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.