Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Regigigas. I know, it's confuzzling too.

I really should go back to working on my legendaries.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Ignaddio

I still haven't bothered to go catch Heatran. I'm in the middle of trying to catch all the Pokemon that were introduced in the Hoenn region.
Vidi, Vici, Veni*I sang, too.
 Like the Avatar? I drew it myself.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: HybridHalf on January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM
99.999% certain the Fire starter will evolve into a Fire/Fighting type once again.

Fire/psychic

It is looking like the Water type will be mixed with fighting.  http://www.serebii.net/xy/  second video.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Neophyte

Ok I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

When Black/White came out, I was pissed. I didn't like the new generation, I was angry that things were going in the direction they were, especially the rotation battles and dream world abilities. But after having played it and its sequel, I was pleasantly suprised. I actually enjoyed the new generation, and I was happy that Game Freak had created it.

With this new generation I'm more open minded because of how I was given the last generation. I like the starters, I like the look of the new legendaries, and I am excited about the 3d aspect. All of the hate for the new pokemon games isn't fair, because the one thing everyone has been mad at Pokemon for is not changing their ways. Staying the same and not trying new things...well how are they supposed to try new things if this is the reception they get??

Stop hating and try to keep an open mind. Trust in your beloved company and believe they can actually make a good product.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Neophyte on January 22, 2013, 02:55:05 PM
Ok I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

When Black/White came out, I was pissed. I didn't like the new generation, I was angry that things were going in the direction they were, especially the rotation battles and dream world abilities. But after having played it and its sequel, I was pleasantly suprised. I actually enjoyed the new generation, and I was happy that Game Freak had created it.

With this new generation I'm more open minded because of how I was given the last generation. I like the starters, I like the look of the new legendaries, and I am excited about the 3d aspect. All of the hate for the new pokemon games isn't fair, because the one thing everyone has been mad at Pokemon for is not changing their ways. Staying the same and not trying new things...well how are they supposed to try new things if this is the reception they get??

Stop hating and try to keep an open mind. Trust in your beloved company and believe they can actually make a good product.

I know a ton of people excited for the new games.  I know I am.

Koren

I have a lot more faith in it now then when it was first released

See the thing is for me, most of the extra stuff I honestly couldnt care about, double battles, bug catching, super contests etc, its just on the side.
But for me Black and White and the sequals were just messy. The reason I didnt like the last gen was because of quite a few things. A, I do not like the pokemon designs and the way they are put together and balenced. I havent liked it since gen4 (soul silver being an exception as it is a remake). I dont like triple and rotation battles as I find them messy, and I dont like the seasonal changes as it just makes it too difficult to get the pokemon I want.
I kept an open mind for black and white before release and they screwed it up for me, thats why im still a little frustrated with the way they are taking the next gen/

With this though, they seem to be maybe on the way to fixing the pokemon designs, besides the grass starter (I swear they just want me to hate every single grass starter besides bulbasaur), I do still worry about the 3d, especially the perspective when moving around as some of the stuff in the trailer looked really awkward, and I can imagine the animations being skimped on a bit and to be honest, Im going to get real sick of the thing zooming into the same 'hit' animation every time if they dont at least personalise it somewhat. And personally I will miss sprites. There are not enough sprite based games any more, and you can do things with sprites you just cant do with 3d. UNfortuetly there are a lot more 3d engines out there.
So yes, while I have a little bit of hope, and I do hope that they are fixing some of the stuff, but I am incredibly cautious right now.

And I have no problem with them not changing things, I picked up soul silver and I play it exactly the same as I did the original silver. My problems were that they were trying to keep the exact same mechanics and balencing and shove more in and it wasnt working and was becoming too interwoven with things. Pidgeot and Spiritomb are a prime example. Pidgeot use to be incredibly powerful, in the new games because they kept his old move set he has become very weak and unbalenced compared to the rest of the flying types. Spiritomb was an awesome idea, to have a pokemon with no weaknesses, but his stats and everything unbalence the game if people are using older gen pokemon, because they only balenced the newer pokemon against it.

Morrowclaw

I'm still playing Diamond as I breed, train and try to fill out the Pokedex to catch 'em all. I have caught 458 and will soon be transferring them all to my copy of Black. With all that being said, I'm a huge fan of Pokemon and can't wait to start a new adventure and keep catching more pocket monsters. I'm not going to let any speculations, screen shots, videos and designes change my opinion until I've played it for myself.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Wolfy

You know, given the 3DS's capabilities....I really hope we get a game where we can journey to other regions in the pokemon world, like they did with Gold and Silver...wouldn't that be nice?

Or hell, Give us a Console game on the Wii U! A game where you start off in one region, and you can go to all of them over time on your journey to be a master! D:>

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Wolfy on January 26, 2013, 10:43:35 PM
You know, given the 3DS's capabilities....I really hope we get a game where we can journey to other regions in the pokemon world, like they did with Gold and Silver...wouldn't that be nice?

Or hell, Give us a Console game on the Wii U! A game where you start off in one region, and you can go to all of them over time on your journey to be a master! D:>

Still wouldn't be enough for me to actually buy a Wii U.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Wolfy on January 26, 2013, 10:43:35 PM
They won't because every time they tried it flopped miserably.  Ignore the fact they weren't RPGs like Pokemon is, but little side games they tried to make in to full ones, but to Nintendo, Home Console Pokemon just aren't what people want.

Which is total crap, but as long as the old guard is still in charge, it ain't gonna change.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Tsenta

I'd gladly buy a home console Pokemon game if it had the same thing behind the Handheld games, perhaps with each region one has to start fresh up until they get all badges and beat that region's E4.  It's possible to do it, they just don't wanna.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

SinXAzgard21

Kunoichi

Interestingly enough, this is particular Eevee evolution has the lightest weight we've seen so far among Eevee's evolved forms.  I've seen people suggesting elsewhere that this could mean it's going to be a Flying type, but I'm betting it's going to be a Bug type, myself. ;D

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Braioch

You know, I hated Black and White, getting through most of the game and grumping the whole way before quitting.

Then I tried picking it up months later again, starting over and playing the game through and found I actually enjoyed the game. Rotation battles still annoy me, it's like a merry-go-round boxing match, and the operators of each wheel previously had a white lightning drinking competition. And I also had issue with after you defeated the elite 4 and...what's his nuts...the ultimate rival dude, can't remember his name. ANYWAYS, that whole walking into the new area and finding the pokemon and trainers like 15-20 levels higher than you.

Had the issue in Heartgold too, where the leveling was slower and I lagged behind, seriously, my team is getting through Ice Path at LOW 30's.

Platinum?

Adored it, to pieces.

These new ones?

Well once I have a 3DS I'll be excited ;D
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Caeli on February 13, 2013, 01:02:54 AM
Is this conjecture, or are you quoting something that has been released?

Conjecture, its type hasn't be released.

Tsenta

From the looks of the new Eeveelution it does look to be a normal type, but it could be one of those pokemon that absolutely take you by surprise by looks and typing (which would be a first, I think every 'mon we've had so far looks their type.)
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Caeli on February 13, 2013, 01:02:54 AM
Is this conjecture, or are you quoting something that has been released?

Conjecture based on it's appearance. Does it really look like a bug or flying? Really?

I mean, I guess it could be fighting. But I can't imagine it as any other type.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chris Brady

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on February 13, 2013, 12:33:31 PM
Conjecture based on it's appearance. Does it really look like a bug or flying? Really?

I mean, I guess it could be fighting. But I can't imagine it as any other type.
Seeing as Nintendo is the master at trolling it's audience, I honestly have no expectations.  And it's an Eevee type, this has my attention.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 13, 2013, 12:51:48 PM
Seeing as Nintendo is the master at trolling it's audience, I honestly have no expectations.  And it's an Eevee type, this has my attention.

This.

Caeli

Quote from: Chris Brady on February 13, 2013, 12:51:48 PM

+2.

Honestly, I'm just happy there's another Eeveelution. I love Eevees.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Chris Brady

When I still owned Crystal, those were the only Pokemon I fielded.  I was the Eevee Trainer!

SinXAzgard21

I caught me a female Eevee yesterday.  Was so freaking happy.  12.5% appearance rate.

Spell

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The official release art of Ninfia shows that Ninfia Sparkles. This could allude to all art being being actually its shiny form just to troll people.

Another thing to mention is that some people pointed out the ribbons of Ninfia could be alluded to Chromosomes, and that there will be a Male and Female specific Eeveelution. Would sort of blend in with the idea of Pokemon X And Y
Darling,
What is going on...
Honestly that never happened,
Lying is your favorite passion...