Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 21, 2013, 02:15:40 PM
Everstone only passes on the mothers nature. I'm talking about hidden abilities. I heard you can only gwt them from Friend Zones post-game...?

Hmm, maybe.  I can't get the starters except for wartortle right now.  I'm not in there very often right now, making money to buy the other mega stones.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Suiko

Ahh I won't worry aboit that yet.

I just found a white Flabebe! ^^
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: A bit blue, please bare with me -

Tsenta

To get pokemon with their hidden abilities you can only get them very rarely from those swarm battles, the Dreamworld (which I don't think is active yet), or friend safaris.

Note: For the person has to be ONLINE when you visit the safari to get pokemon with the hidden abilities, otherwise you'll just get just the normal ones.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Aiden

So anyone want to laugh, read the first few pages of this thread. SO many lols.

Oniya

There was a pretty general consensus of 'Oh man, it's gonna suck!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Kunoichi

I was at least willing to give it a shot, though I will admit to having been a bit leery of Mega Evolutions, at first. :P

Renegade Vile

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 24, 2013, 01:48:31 PM
You mean posts like this? :P

Those still seem like valid arguments to me. I'm no Pokémon fan so take my opinion with a grain of salt. But the 3D graphics look horrible because Nintendo's handhelds usually still look best with hi-def sprites (heck, high quality sprites look more gorgeous than most 3D games) and fit the bright colored theme of Pokémon much better than any poorly designed 3D environments. The 3rd dimension doesn't really add anything, nor does it really detract anything. So, since nothing was lost or gained, why bother with it? The person also makes a valid point about sprite artists who love to adapt sprites and the like. The Mega Man games have stopped using sprites and I recall that being a heavy blow to the spriting and modding community (MUGEN users around the world cried out in terror!). And that's just one of the arguments. Yes, he was being a tad overly dramatic, but it's just as big a sin to be a snobby fan-boy/girl who just loves everything about anything that has the proper franchise name (not saying any of you are anywhere near that bad, but I've seen them). Just look at the terrors that have befallen the Final Fantasy franchise through that attitude. Do you think Pokémon is safe from horrors like "The Hallway" ?
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

ShadowFox89

I'm actually skipping this gen due to having no money for either the system or the game, I'm going to wait for Gen7 :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Suiko

I love the animations and the graphics. I think they look very pretty ^^;

*hugs his X copy*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Shouron

I traded in my game for lack of anything I found fun in the original games. To me, it seems like they gutted the entire game just to make competitive play shine brightest. So, I tossed it. I'll stick to my Soul Silver and Fire Red/Leaf Green.
When you look at yourself in the mirror, who is it that stares back at you?

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shouron on October 24, 2013, 05:05:27 PM
I traded in my game for lack of anything I found fun in the original games. To me, it seems like they gutted the entire game just to make competitive play shine brightest. So, I tossed it. I'll stick to my Soul Silver and Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Which are the exact same games just less pokemon and sprites.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 24, 2013, 05:21:41 PM
Which are the exact same games just less pokemon and sprites.

Apparently not, since this person seems to find the newer ones tailoring more to competitive play. Not to mention that 'less' Pokémon is a matter of opinion. While the newer ones contain most of the previous Pokémon (even though they keep doing that annoying thing were some can only be found on one of the two versions, which makes it impossible to get them all in countries like Belgium, where there aren't many gamers to find that happen to have the other version and it's just a cheap scam to make two games and have the hardcore people buy both), only the newest generation is usually omnipresent and the older ones are only unlocked later in the game and other annoying mechanics like that. If you prefer to have good ol' Charizard in your team, you have no choice but to stick with the older ones. It's one of the chief problems with the 100% repeated formula. I'm a believer in the principle that, if a formula works, don't change it. But Pokémon have taken this to heart a bit too much and the only changes are just gimmicky things like growing berries or breeding Pokémon; none of which *really* add to the actual game. Most of the evolution and streamlining of the combat system came around the time of the two just after Gold and Silver (forgot their names), since then, that has stagnated as well.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Khoraz on October 24, 2013, 02:13:03 PM
I was always excited <<
It's POKEMON, of course it was going to sell like gangbusters.  Anyone who doubted that has never seen Nintendo survive the last almost 15 years.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 24, 2013, 05:42:11 PM
It's POKEMON, of course it was going to sell like gangbusters.  Anyone who doubted that has never seen Nintendo survive the last almost 15 years.

As long as people want sickingly cute things to collect, they damn well will!

Chris Brady

From what I can personally gather Pokemon works on two 'levels'.  First is the a Cute things aspect.  Let's face it, even at their biggest and most evolved, Pokemon are cute.  Secondly, collection.  We as people like to collect things, whether it's from cutlery to firearms, we like to gather stuff AND we like to show our collection off.

Pokemon does that, AND adds a game to it,

It's literally a winning formula.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Koren

And for those interested, I still stand by what I said

I still think the grass starter looks moronic as was made clear by how few people chose it

Despite the fact that the Pokemon look awesome and they did sort out the fears I had about the animations etc, I still dont like the fact that it was clear so much effort went into turning the game into 3d that not enough went into balancing the game and making it fun to play on just a single player level. Ive litterally now run out of things to do just by myself as im not into the online thing, besides collecting all the Pokemon and I don't want to do that. Ive stopped playing it now because I have nothing to do.

I still think that their naming, while smart being a play on the move to 3d etc, is weird and doesn't fit. Not to mention their legendarily names are for me at least mostly unpronounceable and thats partly due to the fact I think they named them because of the XYZ thing, and not visa versa.

And yes I'm STILL sad about not having sprites in the game because despite the game looking awesome, half of their primary stuff was still 2d anyway, so I would have rather had another sprite game while they spent the time coming up with more models etc to patch things, then a game that's still half and half, and part of that is its sad because I think now its reached the point of sprites having died and that's a bad thing for game dev

Quote from: Shouron on October 24, 2013, 05:05:27 PM

Also I definitely agree with this. They are nerfing a lot of the things that are fun about single player for the sake of gimmicks and competitive play. Things sucks as weather effecting abilities not lasting all battle, and also the fact that your pokemons friendship in Pokemon Amie affects its battle performance (which I hate after learning about it because it is a non training thing that affects your battling).
And fairy type, while good for competitive play, still screws over people playing single player as its not balanced for that a lot of the time, as I've mentioned before

Arohk

Agreed fully with Koren. There is DEFINITELY not enough to do post-game. I haven't seen such little to do since the very first games. I am not impressed by the removal of Online Co-Op play either. That was by far my favorite feature of the last generations and I am extremely mad they took it out. Especially with all the fancy Online features it has. It isn't as though they couldn't do it or handle it with this one.

I have many gripes about it. I like it a lot more than I thought I would, but the points I made before and have seen others make still stand.

Also. Horde battles? Sorry but put bluntly, fuck them. Seriously. Worst idea in a million years. At least they could have made the reward for putting up with that bullshit better. But they didn't and it's awful and I hate them.

It was a fun game- but it doesn't have enough to do after the Pokemon League. Very disappointing. And boring. I'll work on completing my Pokedex, though there's not much point. Already did that in Black and White. I could just use Pokemon Bank and transfer them all in December. So yeah. I've stopped playing pretty much too.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Chris Brady on October 24, 2013, 05:50:28 PM
From what I can personally gather Pokemon works on two 'levels'.  First is the a Cute things aspect.  Let's face it, even at their biggest and most evolved, Pokemon are cute.  Secondly, collection.  We as people like to collect things, whether it's from cutlery to firearms, we like to gather stuff AND we like to show our collection off.

Pokemon does that, AND adds a game to it,

It's literally a winning formula.

Indeed, though the cute thing is the primary reason I stay away from them. It makes me cringe to see those cute Pokémon while I am hard-pressed to find ones that look like they're actually competent.

Koren

Quote from: Arohk on October 25, 2013, 01:12:49 AM
Also. Horde battles? Sorry but put bluntly, fuck them. Seriously. Worst idea in a million years. At least they could have made the reward for putting up with that bullshit better. But they didn't and it's awful and I hate them.

Personally I prefer them over rotation battles. Even though they are a massive pain in the ass. Either way too hard because its five on one, or way too easy because you have a field move that wipes them all out at once, but at least its not taking up time with stupid mechanics that dont actually have anything to do with battling but fits more into another genre of game

It does suck when you get mixed hordes though and have to pick which one not to kill so you can catch it

Suiko

It was a great moment when tmi encountered a hoarde of Zangoose with one Seviper and theh proceeded to hit eachother. Brilliant.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Sasquatch421

Just to brighten everyone's day... Actually come to think of it I haven't played in forever... Might actually have to nab a DS or something and pick up a newer game.

Anjasa

Quote from: Aiden on October 24, 2013, 11:40:48 AM
So anyone want to laugh, read the first few pages of this thread. SO many lols.

I just came here to squee about how awesome the game is and how much I'm loving it and boggled at page 1 o_O So much... anger. Over pokemon.

But yes, I'm loving it! Best pokemon yet, in my opinion. I didn't care much for Black/White, and am finding this one got rid of almost all the problems I had. In fact, I can't remember a single problem I've encountered in the game except for people trying to trade a level 1 starter for a zaptos or one of the other legendaries -_-

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Anjasa on November 03, 2013, 12:46:32 PM
I just came here to squee about how awesome the game is and how much I'm loving it and boggled at page 1 o_O So much... anger. Over pokemon.

But yes, I'm loving it! Best pokemon yet, in my opinion. I didn't care much for Black/White, and am finding this one got rid of almost all the problems I had. In fact, I can't remember a single problem I've encountered in the game except for people trying to trade a level 1 starter for a zaptos or one of the other legendaries -_-
\

Probably has the hidden ability.  Since you can only get them in the safari zones of your friends.