Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koren

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 15, 2013, 01:20:54 PM
But since you can catch the Z pokemon in game right now, it would make no sense to make a Z game.

You could catch Rayquaza in Ruby/Sapphire before Emerald, and Giratina in Diamond/Pearl before Platnium too, but they both had third games.

Suiko

Another note. I heard that the stories in X and Y are different. I haven't seen much but apparently in X the baddies are all about keeping the world beautiful forever and in Y they're about destroying it to start again.

I like both Team Flare's suits and their separate motives ^^
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: A bit blue, please bare with me -

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

SinXAzgard21

Also, just for those who do not know, each version has exclusive mega evolution pokemon as I'm sure was predicted, but the stones for them are in the other version.

Suiko

Damnit I am such an utter newb in this game. I feel like a moron <<
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 15, 2013, 02:54:23 PM
Damnit I am such an utter newb in this game. I feel like a moron <<

Don't feel like that.  This verison made everything less tedious, minus only being able to get Ditto after the end credits roll and you go to pokemon village.

Suiko

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on October 15, 2013, 03:23:24 PM
Don't feel like that.  This verison made everything less tedious, minus only being able to get Ditto after the end credits roll and you go to pokemon village.
... seriously?  No ditto breeding until post game? ><
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 15, 2013, 03:33:21 PM
... seriously?  No ditto breeding until post game? ><

Yeah which means no level 1 starters with best nature till then.  I can't import my black 2 pokemon till December and that makes me sad.

Suiko

Damn. While I'm not one to know about the intricacies of IVs and nature's and the like, I do still enjoy breeding. Neber mind. Egg groups it is.
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 15, 2013, 04:00:14 PM
Damn. While I'm not one to know about the intricacies of IVs and nature's and the like, I do still enjoy breeding. Neber mind. Egg groups it is.

Serebii.net will be a big help to you.  Also EVs now are easy as pie.  Super training solves that and you can keep track of it now.  Natures are also on serebii.  The pichu I just gave you gets more Sp. Attack and less Sp. defense.

Suiko

I thought IVs were different to EVs?

Am I just proving how little I know? *cough*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Suiko

- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 15, 2013, 04:26:07 PM
Pokemon is much more complex than I thought.

If you want to get into the competitive aspect of the game and trading for shiny pokemon and such.  Best IV and nature goes a long way with trading.

Tsenta

Do NOT save outside in Lumiose city! It can cause a glitch that causes your 3DS to freeze up every time you load X/Y.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Suiko

I read it was inside the city? Either way I'm not there yet <<

Also I don't think I'll get into competitive. I just like having fun with the games and battling with friendsz ^^;

*casual, yes yes*
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

Tsenta

There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Khoraz on October 15, 2013, 04:32:34 PM
I read it was inside the city? Either way I'm not there yet <<

Also I don't think I'll get into competitive. I just like having fun with the games and battling with friendsz ^^;

*casual, yes yes*

I'm up for battling after I get to post game.  I have a few specific teams I want, also want my pokemon from black.

Kunoichi

I've been having a blast on my monotype run, lately. ;D I recently got to the city with the second gym and got my bike, but I've been spending a lot of time doing Super Training, too.  It's pretty fun, though I'm glad I'm almost through with it for my current team lineup.

The only thing I have to wonder is, do I want to get a Houndour from the next route before hitting the gym, or after?  Decisions, decisions...

UllarWarlord

Pokemon-Amie....

SO. ADDICTING.

Also, I love that they're turning the intensity knob high early on with the earlygame mons...Bagon? Cubone? SNORLAX? All before second badge?

Count me in plz

Koren

Tyrannitar is one of the exclusive legendaries. The pokemon line itself is in Y but the stone for it is in X.

That sucks about ditto.
You can actually get into Pokemon Village before post game though, its accessable just before the eigth gym, in fact you find the gym leader there. Ditto is only unaccessable before post game if its in the cave. I cant say where it is as I havent gone hunting for one yet personally. I should though, I really want to make a lv 1 Larvitar to train up so that I can add a Tyranitar (my favorite pokemon) to my party.

Also a few other things that are bugging me as I play:
When you use healing items in your bag, it automatically assumes you want to use another of the same type, and you actually have to cancel it, or else you are stuck in a healing loop.
Rock smash things everywhere. My god on the right half of this world it seems like you need rock smash to get anywhere remotely good, which would be okay, if it wasnt such a useless combat move because its so weak. One thing that they really should fix.

Kunoichi

Ah, sort of like how Houndour is in X, but the stone for it is in Y.  Looks like they really want to encourage people to either trade, or get two copies of the game...

Koren

Thats always been the goal. Even all the way back to red and blue/green, the whole trading aspect of the games has been heavily pushed and encouraged

And for those wondering, Ditto is caught in Pokemon village, at around level 49 (according to the two i saw).

SinXAzgard21

I've already been breeding and such for friends.  Working on getting swinubs with Ancient Power right now.

SinXAzgard21

Success!  I have a female pilloswine with ancient power and can breed swinubs who will have it as well.