News:

Main Menu

Toribash

Started by Yukina, January 24, 2014, 08:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

I just started playing Toribash today and I was curious if anyone else had tried it.

Inkidu

Quote from: Yugishogun on January 24, 2014, 08:26:00 PM
I just started playing Toribash today and I was curious if anyone else had tried it.
What is it, I might be interested.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Yukina

It's basically a jointed-stick model battle game where you manipulate the actions of joints to move.

http://www.toribash.com

It's also very much enjoyable to weaponize hugging movements in this game. :)

Inkidu

Quote from: Yugishogun on January 24, 2014, 08:43:05 PM
It's basically a jointed-stick model battle game where you manipulate the actions of joints to move.

http://www.toribash.com

It's also very much enjoyable to weaponize hugging movements in this game. :)
Interesting, but I'm going to have to tinker with it a bit. I almost nailed jumping up, kicking, using my arms to to go over my head and set up to extend with the wrists to propel myself into another kick.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Yukina

Quote from: Inkidu on January 24, 2014, 10:02:50 PM
Interesting, but I'm going to have to tinker with it a bit. I almost nailed jumping up, kicking, using my arms to to go over my head and set up to extend with the wrists to propel myself into another kick.

That's why I like it. Success is based on creativity, :)

alextaylor

I'm a hardcore fan of combat simulators. But this one isn't really my cup of tea. A bit too comical. Multiplayer can be quite a bit of fun though, as long as you're not up against someone way out of your league. I think it has like a 20 hour learning curve before you can do the really cool moves.
O/O

Inkidu

I think I'm done, I almost had this really cool move where I was going to jump and grab his arm and throw him with a kick at the end.

Somehow I managed to blow myself apart. :\

Also, I can't ever find someone to MP with so I'm stuck with free play. I blew myself apart in free play. :\

EDIT: Also, while having fun with the free play, I find the combat part of the game really, really, really, really, really lame. It's too easy to lose. The winner is the one who doesn't touch the ground first, which is incredibly easy to cheese, and grabbing is OP.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: alextaylor on January 25, 2014, 06:53:10 AM
I'm a hardcore fan of combat simulators. But this one isn't really my cup of tea. A bit too comical. Multiplayer can be quite a bit of fun though, as long as you're not up against someone way out of your league. I think it has like a 20 hour learning curve before you can do the really cool moves.

Any combat sims you can recommend?
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Oh God, I did a straight legged groin kick on the dummy and I can't stop laughing. Right between the goal posts. :D

Yukina

Quote from: Inkidu on January 25, 2014, 08:32:43 PM
Oh God, I did a straight legged groin kick on the dummy and I can't stop laughing. Right between the goal posts. :D

The comical nature is my favorite part of the game. :)

alextaylor

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 25, 2014, 07:05:35 PM
Any combat sims you can recommend?

Well, I was thinking more Dwarf Fortress, with the excessive detail and all. I was working on something, but DF far surpassed my plans. I don't know if Fight Night and Mount & Blade count. Ultima Ratio Regum is one to watch for if you like roguelikes and the blog is a great read if you're into game design.
O/O