Pokemon X/Y just announced (i'm not kidding, it's really called Pokemon X/Y)

Started by HybridHalf, January 08, 2013, 05:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HybridHalf

http://kotaku.com/5974065/heres-the-newest-pokemon-its-out-worldwide-this-october/gallery/1

ALL MY FUCKING HATE!!

No R/S/E remake, the graphics look like crap, the PC's are crappy Mii characters, and 99.999% certain the Fire starter will evolve into a Fire/Fighting type once again.

Koren

WHY?!?!

Okay three major complaints
A) The grass type starter looks like a shitty costume a kid is wearing
B) Why on EARTH is everything 3d as if they are trying to make this into zelda, which is what it looks like and I hate that, I already hate the amount of 3d in Soul Silver (I dont play black and white or the sequals)
C) No more sprites. Im sorry but pokemon isnt pokemon without the srpites that people could make and play with and see and everything

I will say one thing though, with the exception of the grass stater it looks like they finally sorted out the rest of the pokemon designs so they dont look so shite any more.

And really. X and Y? It sounds like the name of something Im not allowed to say because this is the PG area. Rage.

Oniya

Quote from: Koren on January 08, 2013, 06:28:11 AM
And really. X and Y? It sounds like the name of something Im not allowed to say because this is the PG area. Rage.

It sounded to me like 'Crap!  We've run out of colors!'  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Koren

Quote from: Oniya on January 08, 2013, 10:32:12 AM
It sounded to me like 'Crap!  We've run out of colors!'  ;D

Hahaha, that too certainly

Well they kinda had already, look at diamon pearl and platnium. But still. Couldnt they come up with something better then the alphabet?

Oniya

I've got a box of 64 Crayola crayons, and 5 boxes of DMC floss they could have gone through first.  >_>
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Starkweather

*sits alone, dejected in the corner quartered off for people excited for the next generation*

:'(
Ons and Offs
Please add me on LastFM!

I could have made these excuses in my sleep,
As if anyone had doubted them at all.
But if we arm Eritrea then we won't have to pay her
And everyone can go home.

Wolfy

Quote from: Starkweather on January 08, 2013, 12:37:53 PM
*sits alone, dejected in the corner quartered off for people excited for the next generation*

:'(

*Joins Stark*

It's okay buddy..let them rage. Soon their fires of anger will die out, and we'll be the ones left standing triumphant.

:3

Starkweather

Quote from: Wolfy on January 08, 2013, 01:14:16 PM
*Joins Stark*

It's okay buddy..let them rage. Soon their fires of anger will die out, and we'll be the ones left standing triumphant.

:3

Wolfy

<3 :)
Ons and Offs
Please add me on LastFM!

SinXAzgard21

This is one of the big reasons I stopped buying Nintendo products.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Arohk

Sign me up for rage. I raged so hard at the Black/White Generation that I thought that I had no more rage to give.

I was wrong.

I just. It's stupid, but it almost made me cry with frustration. Half of me is numb, the other side wants to go on a rampage. I was hoping this reveal was a joke. But then I realized it isn't April and I died a little inside.

I don't know anything any more. ;_;

Wolfy

Quote from: Starkweather on January 08, 2013, 01:30:48 PM
Wolfy

<3 :)

Shh..it's OK...The real Pokefans are the ones that except it in all it's incarnations. All these non-believers will not get the blessing of Arceus. :3

Chris Brady

So Pokemon Male/Female (or is that the other way around, I can never remember the correct letter for the chromosome thingies)?

Are they going to focus on breeding more?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Starkweather

Quote from: Wolfy on January 08, 2013, 08:08:46 PM
Shh..it's OK...The real Pokefans are the ones that except it in all it's incarnations. All these non-believers will not get the blessing of Arceus. :3
Blessed be the name of Arceus!
Ons and Offs
Please add me on LastFM!

Kunoichi

Eh, I'm not excited, but I'm not enraged, either.  More... intrigued.  They've tried changing up the formula slightly with the Black and White games and seen success, so now I have to wonder if maybe they'll try changing things up even more for X and Y.  The name alone leaves me hopeful on that front, and I'm curious to see what direction they might wind up taking the series in.

Like, the rage comment in this thread's opening post about the PCs looking like Miis.  What if they actually do allow that level of customization for the main character's appearance?  Or since the Fire type starter is a cute, cuddly fox, what if it doesn't evolve into a Fire/Fighting type at all?  To say nothing of the possibility of glorious 3D battles...

Caeli

I think I'll withhold judgment until I can try playing the games myself. Change is not always a bad thing; in my opinion, many of the cosmetic changes in B/W were very well done, including the 3D environment (feel free to shoot me for the blasphemous words). Of course, change is not always good; I didn't feel that the Pokemon were terribly original or true to the spirit of the game (I mean, a limited number of objects-that-are-Pokemon are understandable to a degree, but chandeliers? Trash bags?).

To use another game as an example, one of the greatest (in my opinion) part of Fire Emblem were the support conversations between characters, which could be quite long and often gave the playable characters significant depth in their relationships with each other, their personalities, and their history. They changed that in the Wii game, Radiant Dawn, and to me, that quite damaged the value of the game. Bad change, but there were other interesting changes that were neither bad nor good, and a few that were good.

A game that re-uses the same formula over and over becomes stale and uninteresting, essentially the same game packaged in different wrapping. I think it's great that they're trying to innovate and make use of Nintendo's 3DS features. I think Kunoichi probably pinned the right word for my feelings as well - I find myself intrigued, and interested in seeing what else the game will be offering.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Koren

As much as I hate the direction that they are taking with the actual presentation of it, especially being all 3d and no more sprites, which I think is sad because personally I miss games that had all spirtes and stuff, Im far mroe interested in this then I was in black and white and black and white 2.
One reason.
They have finally sorted out their pokemon designs.
No more trash bags or anything, at least at this stage.

My main concern with the 3d is that it is going to slow EVERYTHINg down. You can see in the trailer of the video that when you find a pokemon at least from what I saw that its going to zoom in on the pokemon andlet it have an animation. The time it takes already when you encounter a pokemon has slowed the games down, although they have fixed it as of heartgold and soul silver.
That and the battles as well, may be fancy to watch but may be slower with all the camera movements etc.
Also, are they really going to have enough animations to cover every move being used on every pokemon? Thats a lot of animations if they go the route they normally do with havong the full national dex
And my last point is that from the puzzles and stuff that we saw in the trailer, its looking more and more like they are putting the focus on the player character, and less on the pokemon and that I do not like. I miss gen 1 and gen 2 when you could just go anywhere and focus on the pokemon and not have to deal with all the extra stuff.

I MAY get this. But that shall only be after my mate gets it and tests it first (he gets all of them and then complains at how bad theyve become -facepalm- I hope hell learn someday)

Chris Brady

Uhm, my questions about the breeding thing was legitimate.  I have no idea what the deal behind the letters.

Also, as someone who played Crystal, only, is there incentive to get the later versions?  Outside of the new Pokemon.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Koren

The letter are the representative shapes of the legendary pokemon
Has nothing to do with chromosones as far as I know

Heart gold and Soul silver are legitimate remakes

Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are good for some of the stuff that was introduced, super contests etc, but still a bit meh in my opinion
Pearl/Diamon and Platnium were a bit more interesting for the story but again, just more of the same over all and the pokemon were not as good
As for black and white I have no idea because I gave up then.

Renegade Vile

It just looks like all the other Pokemon games, with more of the critters they can sell merchandise of. *shrugs*
I have to admit, thought, Pokemon White and Black did add a couple of Pokemon I enjoyed for their more adult and impressive appearance, but the franchise remains too childish to retain my interest. I was surprised to see that there's a lot more tactics involved nowadays when composing your team. In the old games that I played as a kid (Red, Yellow and Gold), it usually just boiled down to using the same element. Special abilities and the sheer amount of moves that allow you to give Pokemon all manner of types for their attacks make it a lot more difficult to predict what your enemy will be doing. Regardless, it's nice to see that the franchise stays with its roots, more or less, but the more games are churned out, the more it feels to me like the good old milking strategy.
Also, who else thinks they keep getting cheaper with the playthrough time? Pokemon Gold was basically two games in one and none of the later ones has anywhere  close to the same playthrough time...
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Caitlin

Eh... I guess I'm old school with my Pokémon Red? I haven't played it for a decade though. ;)

Caeli

I dunno, I always thought Zubat was kinda cute.

It was Golbat that was creepy and annoying.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Koren on January 08, 2013, 06:28:11 AM
WHY?!?!

Okay three major complaints
A) The grass type starter looks like a shitty costume a kid is wearing
B) Why on EARTH is everything 3d as if they are trying to make this into zelda, which is what it looks like and I hate that, I already hate the amount of 3d in Soul Silver (I dont play black and white or the sequals)
C) No more sprites. Im sorry but pokemon isnt pokemon without the srpites that people could make and play with and see and everything

I will say one thing though, with the exception of the grass stater it looks like they finally sorted out the rest of the pokemon designs so they dont look so shite any more.

A) So does Charmander, Cyndaquill, Oshwatt....

B) Might have something to do with it being 3DS exclusive. You know, take advantage of the new tech and all.

3) Wut?

X/Y could refer to a number of things, like the x and y axis used in 3D rendering.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Caeli

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Raz

Well, it does look somewhat interesting... changing so many things. I wonder how their sales will go :L

Also, this video was helpful.