Painful to Read

Started by Pumpkin Seeds, September 01, 2010, 02:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0046/0046_01.ASP

I figured with the content of the comic this would be the best thread to present the material.  Not entirely sure if a discussion can be mounted in defense of this comic, but I am certain many will not be happy.  Ignorance set to pen is painful to witness.

RubySlippers

Its a religious tract not a comic.

Everyone knows gaming leads to demon worship and selling ones soul. (yes I'm being cynical)

HairyHeretic

This version is better

http://www.humpin.org/mst3kdd/

I guess I've been playing the wrong games all these years though. 20+ years of RPGing, and I can't even manage a small fireball.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

I feel crappy cause I usually play fighters.  Do we get anything cool from the cult...nnnnoooooo.  All we get are chain mail bikinis and a plastic sword.  Such a crock.

Oniya

Dark Dungeons?  I'm guessing based on the domain and the following comments.

Love how they conveniently forget about the Paladin class.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Valerian

Yeah, what a rip-off.  I had a cleric reach 11th level once, and no one offered to teach me any real spells!  And that whole "neener, neener, you're dead," GMing style wouldn't fly with any gamer I know.  Tsk.

They probably dismiss Paladins as a sneaky way to try to lure in the religious before making them play thieves instead.  Or something.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RubySlippers

I loved the Palladium Fantasy Witch O.C.C. you can be a classic witch that sells their souls to a demon or devil lord for power, it was cool.

Scribbles

You learn REAL spells in D&D? I need to pick up this game.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Host of Seraphim

Tentatively trying to get back into RPing...

:: O/O :: A/A (updated 3/2 -- please read) ::

RubySlippers

I wanted to do some Christian Anarchist ones I could copy and hand out.

But I have zero artistic skills.  :-\

Lypiphera

Hehe I did have a bit of a giggle reading that, sometimes things are just too extreme to be real.

What i'm most upset about though is that no one offered me cult when I played mages. I must really suck as a mage! *Sniff*

Jude

While this comic is true, not everyone who learns to cast spells via DnD becomes a lifeless shell of a person.  I've been casting spells for many years after learning Magic Missile from 4 years of extensive Pen and Paper RPGing and I haven't killed myself yet.  Now I did actually maim a few people, I may have taken a few lives, but I'm more in touch with the great Satan than ever, so I can't say I care.

Inkidu

Pfft, if the Pope says Pokemon is okay then what harm is there in DnD?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Noelle

Pokemon inspired me to go out and start my own fighting arena for animals. I seem to be making a lot of money on it, though I do have this fish who can't seem to do anything but splash around...

Will

Quote from: Noelle on September 01, 2010, 04:24:00 PM
Pokemon inspired me to go out and start my own fighting arena for animals. I seem to be making a lot of money on it, though I do have this fish who can't seem to do anything but splash around...

O.O

You'd better get a bigger arena.  Just... trust me.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Remiel

I heard Michael Vick was kind to animals before he started getting into Pokemon.

I'm just sayin'.

Chevalier des Poissons

-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

OldSchoolGamer

Will

Hahaha, that sounds like something you might read in the Games Wanted board. :P
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Remiel

QuoteMy life was lived in near darkness, and I worshipped beings I called the Great Old Ones. Lucifer was but one of them, though an important one. I believed that these Old Ones were gradually turning me into an immortal being who would live forever.

Wow, someone's been borrowing heavily from H.P. Lovecraft...

Brandon

After playing D&D for over 2 decades you think I could at least perform a simple light spell, but noooo. Even when my 2nd edition necromancer hit level 24 no one offered me a spot in a cult. Same goes for the anti-paladin, and the priest of Set (the egyption diety). So where the hell were all the hot, likely bisexual, witches when I was playing the game?

Anyway, Chick and pretty much everything on his site has and always will be falsifyed crap. Hes the worst kind of christian IMO. As bad as, if not worse then, the WBC

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Mudaline

*Bleeds out of his ears*

My Reaction:

FFFFFUUUUU-!!!

DudelRok

Why does everyone insist on killing off the thief? You know, we aren't helpless and do know how to avoid getting into trouble. And there is a nobility to our art, too. Sure we steal but most of us do it as an art form and only take from those who wont really miss it.

But, in all honesty, I don't see how anyone could take that seriously. I mean, the notion of taking a fantasy real of any-type to such an extreme is utter nonsense. They'll start wailing on my Elder Scrolls, next. :(

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Valerian

Well, as pointed out in Hairy's link above, that can't possibly be a real D&D session anyway.  There's no Mountain Dew, and there are more females than males.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE