Danica Roem becomes first trans*person to be elected to (US) state legislature

Started by Vekseid, November 07, 2017, 07:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fury Aphrodisia

That made me all snickery, but it's true. (Good ole Colbert)

And that's what we're seeing here, with Roem. And of course, the others like her in Wednesday's (it was Wednesday, right?) elections. As the few cling to traditional views that seem to become more and more out of touch with the way the world is growing, I'm reminded of evolution. Those mindsets were supposed to die out. They're not going with the way the rest of us are adapting. The rest of us are making room for this organic thing we call humanity.

Danica and her contemporaries are a clear visualization of the fact that when faced with the rigidity of intolerance and bigotry, humanity and its "ridiculous liberal bias" acts like tendrils of hearty jungle plantlife, resurging over the dead bits of traditionalist views and reclaiming them for our own use.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

HannibalBarca

QuoteDanica and her contemporaries are a clear visualization of the fact that when faced with the rigidity of intolerance and bigotry, humanity and its "ridiculous liberal bias" acts like tendrils of hearty jungle plantlife, resurging over the dead bits of traditionalist views and reclaiming them for our own use.

That's a rather picturesque image :)
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu

Fury Aphrodisia

Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Jazzylynn

Quote from: Nadir on November 09, 2017, 03:59:56 PM
If people have the right to be polite and respectful, they have the right to be rude and disrespectful. You are not wrong, but what does it cost to treat people as people?

He did not treat Roem as a monkey? He referred to him as him did he not? Or did he actually call Roem something that is not a person?

FeveredDreams

He poked the bear.  At some point you just choose to be nice,  if one of your friends decided to change their name would you just keep calling them by the name they got rid of.  Particularly is say,  said new name actually helps them feel better about themselves. That really doesn't matter though does it?
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Jazzylynn

Quote from: Mithlomwen on November 09, 2017, 04:11:11 PM
Something to keep in mind, is that people who suffer with gender identity issues don't wake up one day and 'decide they are going to be a boy/girl'.  They don't just decide they are going to change their identity on a whim.  Most people suffer their entire lives with this issue, and when they finally make the decision to make the change, it's not an easy decision

The hormones they have to take are not easy on their bodies, and the surgeries they have to go through are brutal.

So to address the issue with a flippant statement like 'He acknowledged that Roem preformed surgeries to change what he was born with because he decided he felt like being a girl', is very insulting to folks dealing with gender identity issues.

I do not research gender identity problems. It wasn't a big deal back in the 50's or any other time except now, recently. Altering a body, like transgenders do, should hurt. How could it not when it is so strange and extreme of a change? I did not mean to insult, if I did it would have been much better than that. I have not meant to offend or insult anything, only converse or share my opinion. Flippant or not, it is true is it not? "Folks" dealing with "gender identity issues". How do they deal? Do not most pick from the list of 50 unique genders, orientations, whatever special term is used, and become whatever they feel is "more like them?"

Jazzylynn

Quote from: FeveredDreams on November 10, 2017, 11:10:57 AM
Disagreeing with a life style?  Sure you can do that.  I think it's scummy as hell though,  when it is something that... really really don't change your life at all.  It mostly just comes off as I think this is icky or this old book told me it's wrong.  As for the bathroom bill...  do you really think that trans people are in there perving on people?  They're not,  and whenever I hear people talk like this I kind of wonder if they're the type who enjoys peeping on people in public restrooms,  because that thought process has to come from somewhere.

Actual predators aren't going to listen to the ruling anyway,  and if you actually understood anything about being trans you'd know that the difficulties of going through the processes and how no predator would go through that sort of thing just to get their jollies off.

"Scummy?" Mmmm, not quite. I do not agree with the black man who comes to my church in the morning asking for money while he smokes dope. When we give him cash, guess what he does? Buys more, and we have proved it. So I DO NOT agree with his lifestyle. Why? Because I think his choices are poor, will kill him, hurt others and not get him very far. That is an example just to show that you can disagree with the way someone is doing something and it not be "scummy." I do not think it is healthy for people to arrange their body parts the way they were made or to jack themselves up with the hormones that "change" them. Transgenders are the most extreme of the LGBT community. So I really do not know. Possibly? Three schools in my area had to expel three different students because they were "gay" and were taking part in spaying and sexual actives. I do not know of any trans that have, but yes to people in the LGBT community.

Nadir

Quote from: Jazzylynn on November 11, 2017, 06:49:18 PM
He did not treat Roem as a monkey? He referred to him as him did he not? Or did he actually call Roem something that is not a person?

Not sure why you are refering to monkeys. Why do you personally refer to Danica is 'he' when you have access to information that shows clearly she is a woman? You may be misunderstanding what it is to be transgender if you think this;

Quote from: Jazzylynn on November 11, 2017, 06:56:24 PM
Flippant or not, it is true is it not? "Folks" dealing with "gender identity issues". How do they deal? Do not most pick from the list of 50 unique genders, orientations, whatever special term is used, and become whatever they feel is "more like them?"

because that is not accurate - indeed, it sounds like you went back to the 50s for your information, out of date and crass as it is. 

Jazzylynn

Quote from: Nadir on November 11, 2017, 07:07:34 PM
Not sure why you are refering to monkeys. Why do you personally refer to Danica is 'he' when you have access to information that shows clearly she is a woman? You may be misunderstanding what it is to be transgender if you think this;

because that is not accurate - indeed, it sounds like you went back to the 50s for your information, out of date and crass as it is.

Because someone said "You are not wrong, but what does it cost to treat people as people?" I do not know why else this would have been said unless it was about the topic being discussed. In which case... how did Bob Marshall not treat Roem as a person?

My eyes are brown. I want blue. Can I surgically have them done blue? Maybe? Maybe in the future? I am and still will be originally and genetically brown eyed. He is a "woman" because he had a doctor perform surgeries and because he took bunch of pills. I do not think something that is "meant to be" should require such.

Just because some things change does not mean everything does. 50's were way better than now and that is because so many things are being changed or altered and shouldn't be.

Fury Aphrodisia

It seems to me that your opinion is dangerously antiquated, grossly misinformed and worse, speaks with the confidence of someone who is comfortable in that lack of understanding.

Firstly, the frivolous: smoking pot is not deadly or a lifestyle. Based on the tenuous understanding you seem to have on the subject at large, I would be interested to find out how you have "proved" he does this with the money but in the end, it's a nonsense argument based in flawed mindset, so it doesn't matter.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if your opinion is that gender reassignment surgery should hurt. That opinion is made irrelevant by virtue of the fact that wishing pain on anyone is a depiction of faulty moral fiber.

Thirdly, no, someone doesn't simply point and click to choose a gender. You are deliberately undermining the gravity of years of work my qualified therapists and the individual themselves to better define their identity. While we're on the subject, it strikes me that there are many people who have no issue with the way they were born and have such opinions about other people's lives and would easily fly into a rage if they were told they were not normal for being something they themselves are proud of or at the leazt, cannot change. I would be severely disappointed if I were to find that was the case here.

Fourth, your use of sarcastic quotes for things like gender identity issues and the concept of changing one's hormones is deliberately belittling an idea in the most juvenile fashion possible. Denying the reality of change is simply stubborn and overall pointless, particularly since that change is not something that is questionable insofar as the fact it actually happens. If you are the type to naturally grow a beard, it may seem strange to you all the attention that a transgender man might receive for his, but that is a perspective issue, not a fault of reality.

Fifth: The heinous way you present the issues in a school. I'm sure you don't mean students are spaying, but spying. However, that is not an issue that stems specifically from being gay (again with the air quotes?). Also, I'm not at all certain where this fits in with the concept of transgender individuals, but perhaps you're looking at the concept of people using being gay as a cover for their practices, particularly potent given the context that someone already said that criminals won't listen to literally anything in law but will do whatever makes it easiest to get away with their crimes. Further, if you want people to believe this actually happened, you will have to provide source material. Personally, I do not believe this to be true at all.

However, the person you were responding to said that no one was going to go through hormone therapy, years of psychological evaluation, multiple surgeries, the ignorance of others, wholescale ostracism from their communities just to spy on members of the opposite sex. Labelling transgender individuals as more extreme is ridiculous, particularly since you then go on to insinuate that by nature, they must be willing to do even worse because they are transgender. That is a whole load of such horrific nonsense that it makes me wonder what public school must be like in your district to produce such terrible and wholly confident attempts at logic.

What am I on, six?

"I do not research gender identity problems". Okay, then by virtue of your own testimony, nothing you have said is viable, can be trusted or is even allowed on this board, since you have to be able to back up your claims and have entirely failed to do so.

It being jot a big deal in the fifties is irrelevant. Cell phones and internet weren't either, what's your point? Clearly you can learn new things when it benefits you, so you give up the right to plead ignorance as you argue against your own.

To add to this, no one said hurt. They said brutal, suffering and that it isn't easy. If the only kind of pain you can conceive of is physical, you are mentally incapable of keeping pace with this discussion. And ghen we have the quotes again, this time around "folks". Do you not believe them to be people? Is that where your problem stems? Whether you mean to or not, the language you are using is extremely insulting and moreover, appears directly intended that way. If that's not how you intend to come across, then you need to change that. It's up to you to make a decent attempt at being understood, that's how communication works.

Also, if you don't know the difference between gender and sexual orientation, you should maybe look at up as that is a fundamental necessity for having this conversation in the first place. You literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Your arguments, in their entirety, lack information, are unpolished, ill-informed, reek of arguments intended to hurt rather than converse, and are especially heinous in terms of basic human respect. Once you have educated yourself (Google is free) and have managed to at least figure out what argument you're even having, please feel free to return with an informed point of view, cited sources and a language that is exceptionally more respectful.

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Jazzylynn on November 11, 2017, 07:06:15 PM
"Scummy?" Mmmm, not quite. I do not agree with the black man who comes to my church in the morning asking for money while he smokes dope. When we give him cash, guess what he does? Buys more, and we have proved it. So I DO NOT agree with his lifestyle. Why? Because I think his choices are poor, will kill him, hurt others and not get him very far. That is an example just to show that you can disagree with the way someone is doing something and it not be "scummy." I do not think it is healthy for people to arrange their body parts the way they were made or to jack themselves up with the hormones that "change" them. Transgenders are the most extreme of the LGBT community. So I really do not know. Possibly? Three schools in my area had to expel three different students because they were "gay" and were taking part in spaying and sexual actives. I do not know of any trans that have, but yes to people in the LGBT community.

First of all, you are not even trying to dig into the reason why he would use the money for drugs. I would assume from the story you are telling that he is homeless. Homelessness and mental illnesses are massively linked. You can google 'mental health and homelessness' and find all the links you could care to read. Without access to proper coping mechanisms and proper aid, many people (hell, even plenty of people who have homes but no framework of how to cope) will fall to shitty coping mechanisms such as self-medication, through drugs or alcohol. Addiction is not something that is easy to deal with, especially when alone. Unless you've taken the time to find out what has happened to him, and why he does what he does, you. Don't. Know.

Instead it sounds like what you are saying is 'this black man does drugs, therefore he is a Bad Man.' And this isn't a topic about racism, but given the rest of your argument, it sounds like you might be inclined to allow that ONE person's behaviour to justify feeling a certain way about the rest of them. Because that's what your argument about those gay students is saying.

You can disagree with his 'lifestyle' all you want, but unless you're going to offer him concrete options to get him OUT of that situation (fun fact: small bursts of money that are less than a living wage are definitely not a viable 'out' - especially not on its own) - you can't really say that it's his choice to stay like that.

Secondly, I'm assuming this school you're talking about is a high school. Newsflash. Straight kids spray shit and have sex too. They're teenagers. It happens. This doesn't mean gay kids are any more perverted or vandalous than the straight ones. They're just kids who like one gender rather than the other. Which is a feature of heterosexuality, surprisingly enough.

As for the health side of things, studies have shown that transition improves quality of life for transgender people. There are risks associated with transition, sure, but there are risks associated with so many other forms of medical treatment. Some of those risks exist for Cis people who are taking those hormones as supplements for a natural, pre-existing deficit. But by and large, the medical benefits to transition outweigh the risks. That is not even to mention the benefits for the individual's mood and self-confidence.

We are not destroying ourselves to transition, and even if we were, it is our bodies and our lives.  You can 'disagree' all you like, but the instant you refuse to refer to a person as they have fought so hard to be referred as, you are actively disrespecting every single decision we have made and everything we have done. You are disrespecting us as people.

That point. That one right there. Is not up for discussion. If you call me a woman, you are disrespecting me, and I have the right to be angry about that, just as you would if I disrespected something so integral to your identity.  I am a man, I do not 'want' to be a man. I am one. I want to be respected, as most human beings do. If there had been an option for me to be comfortable in my skin, if I could have chosen to be happy as a 'woman' I would have taken that out. I already have so many issues to deal with, I didn't need this on top of it.

Hades

Based on the tags you have on your profile, I assume you identify yourself as female in terms of gender.  If I refused to accept that and constantly refereed to you with male pronouns, that is dehumanizing.   It's the same in this instance where Mr. Marshall refused to use the pronouns that Danica.  Does he have to agree with her? Of course not.  Does his opinion outweigh her own when it comes to how she is addressed? Fuck no he doesn't.  Danica Roem identifies as a woman and should be given the same respect that anyone else has when it comes to our own self image and identity.

Also, just as a side note, the 1950s in America was a terrible time unless you were rich, white, and male. 

Nadir

Quote from: Jazzylynn on November 11, 2017, 07:32:38 PM
Because someone said "You are not wrong, but what does it cost to treat people as people?" I do not know why else this would have been said unless it was about the topic being discussed. In which case... how did Bob Marshall not treat Roem as a person?

That person was me, hi. My post was to do with respect, not monkeys. Giving another person the respect to say 'Hey, I am going to listen to what you say and not determine it for you based on a letter written on a piece of paper'  - which any biologist will tell you is highly inaccurate. There are a lot of aspects that determine a person's physical sex - looking at what is between a baby's legs doesn't really cover all the different type of biological variations that can occur - and neither can it accurately describe what a person's gender is. Gender being the social construct. You show very clearly that you can call a woman a 'he' and hey, wow, look, you don't tear the fabric of the universe to shreds. Makes you crass, but that's a social thing. So yeah, gender and expression of gender is a purely social thing. Which means when someone says 'I am a woman' and they get refereed to aggressively as a man it's disrespect.

I hope you don't get confused and think about monkeys again.

My eyes are brown. I want blue. Can I surgically have them done blue? Maybe? Maybe in the future? I am and still will be originally and genetically brown eyed. He is a "woman" because he had a doctor perform surgeries and because he took bunch of pills. I do not think something that is "meant to be" should require such.

When you look in the mirror and see brown eyes, how do you feel? Do you feel like someone is lying to you, the very worst most paper thin lie you have ever heard, a lie so blatant it's insulting - but the speaker of that lie is your own body? Does looking at your eyes, your eyes that you see as brown but know, you know they are blue, does looking at those not-blue eyes make you feel like you ought to rip them out, gouge them out to be free of them, even at the cost of sight because at least then they wouldn't be lying at you, each moment, each instant.

When you look at you eyes, do you see them as yours, or do you see them as alien, a stranger's, something horrific and shattering because you are certain they are blue - they are blue. Even though everyone sees them as brown.

If you feel that when you look in the mirror, you understand a fragment of what it is to be trans.

Fury Aphrodisia

Fury Aphrodisia

As a woman who is a self-proclaimed 50's throwback, you're about to love this.

Firstly, sit down and listen, you're not going to want to speak up and share a dissenting opinion. Things have changed too much and women are being far too loud, so if you love the kind of backward thinking you're promoting, boy do I have a deal for you.

Further, since the fifties were a generation that were a little more fascinated by Science than we are now, here's a bit of knowledge for you to chew on. Did you know that most people have two different eye colour signatures in their genetic code? it's called dominant and recessive genetics. Or you know... just 'genetics'. Those who study the subject have found that you could probably change your eye colour. It would mean you have blue eyes. Genetically speaking, however, you probably have brown and green, brown and blue or possibly just brown and brown. Where do you think the genetic material of the other parents goes when you're being gestated? I'll leave you to ponder that.

Furthermore, what about the people who are male but have XYX or even just XX chromesomes? What about the females with Y cromesomes? Claiming an absolute in terms of genetics is a faulty, ridiculous argument, since even geneticists who have studied the challenge professionally and for more years than I, at least, have been alive don't really have solid answers about genetics yet. Claiming an absolute truth on the authority of genetics is by default a flawed argument, so we're just going to go ahead and throw that out. Don't you worry your pretty little head over it, chicks sometimes like to talk without realizing they ain't got a clue what they're squawking about. (Just trying to make you feel more comfortable).

ONTO THE TOPIC OF SURGERY!

Here's a task for you. I dare you to go to a veteran with a prosthetic limb and tell him that just because someone did a surgery on him, doesn't mean he has a right to be presenting himself as an abled person. Then, for extra credit, go ahead and tell him that you don't agree with his lifestyle. I'm just gonna wait here. (Side note, for those watching from the audience, I anticipate the first three rows will get wet.) See, when someone's body isn't working right, when that body isn't doing what the brain is telling it to do (sit, walk, run, read words properly, curb intrusive thoughts, pee standing up) surgery fixes it. In fact, it's what's allowed a lot of the same people who have been smoking in cars with children, drinking themselves into a stupor, eating double greasy cheeseburgers with extra grease their whole lives to continue having... well, lives. So tell that triple bypass survivor that the pacemaker doesn't give him a right not to be called a zombie! You've earned it!

Also, make sure you tell every adopted child that the parents that adopted him or her aren't actually parents and they don't have to listen to them. After all, something that's "meant to be" shouldn't require actual effort. (As an aside, personal curiosity, how's your personal relationships? I feel like they ought to be going swimmingly right about now.)

Just because you want to argue with a doctor, particularly surgeons, plethora biologists, psychologists and the like, doesn't make you right. Having an opinion doesn't overrule the scope of reality. I know there are a lot of people who like to use traditional outlook to justify these arguments, but if you're one of those that thinks you have an opinion to equal a medical professional?

Spoler Alert

You don't.

Just because you have a thought that runs contrary to the understanding of current medical science, doesn't mean it is equally as strong as science nor that it is equally weighted to scientific understanding or that it is in any way equal to anything except another dissenting opinion to reality.

I have a thought that perhaps those who are against being defined by surgery have been told they have some sort of brain tumour that leads to their outlandish claims and they are rebelling against the concept of science as a defence against the idea that when they're healthy, they might not carry all these nonesense thoughts around.

Until such a time as these mysteries are solved, shut up and sit down, toots, nobody listens to women in the fifties. Enjoy your polio and asbestos.

Fury Aphrodisia

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on November 11, 2017, 07:44:34 PM
First of all, you are not even trying to dig into the reason why he would use the money for drugs. I would assume from the story you are telling that he is homeless. Homelessness and mental illnesses are massively linked. You can google 'mental health and homelessness' and find all the links you could care to read. Without access to proper coping mechanisms and proper aid, many people (hell, even plenty of people who have homes but no framework of how to cope) will fall to shitty coping mechanisms such as self-medication, through drugs or alcohol. Addiction is not something that is easy to deal with, especially when alone. Unless you've taken the time to find out what has happened to him, and why he does what he does, you. Don't. Know.

Instead it sounds like what you are saying is 'this black man does drugs, therefore he is a Bad Man.' And this isn't a topic about racism, but given the rest of your argument, it sounds like you might be inclined to allow that ONE person's behaviour to justify feeling a certain way about the rest of them. Because that's what your argument about those gay students is saying.

Also, let's not forget, for a man to be able to get work he must be of sound mind. If he can't afford health insurance, he can't afford to get the help he needs because he can't afford his dosages. So, what if said man gets ten dollars, buys a gram, smokes it up, hits an interview and sounds coherent until the munchies kick in? What if he gets hired? What if he gets health insurance through work and can finally see a specialist that prescribes him....

Dun Dun DUUUUUUUUN.

Medical marijuana.

Honestly, people, it's called cause and effect. Fix your broken health care and stop being so damned judgemental.

Iniquitous

Wow.

Just... wow.

I am all for people having their own opinions.  I am even for people expressing their own opinions.  However, what I am not for is the blatant disrespect that I am seeing here.  You are trying to claim ignorance on the subject as a reason to be hateful towards others that are different than you.  Who are YOU to decide that your opinion gets to overrule what someone else identifies as?  Why do you think that your opinion is the be all, end all when it comes to who a person is?

Danica is a SHE. Calling her anything other than the female pronouns that align with her gender is rude, arrogant, spiteful, disrespectful, and downright hateful. Refusing to recognize and RESPECT the wishes of someone else when it comes to how they identify themselves is despicable and trying to condone the bigotry by saying it wasn't a big deal in the 1950's only makes this all the worse.

For future reference - there were trans-gendered individuals in the 1950's. As a matter of fact, one of the first identifiable recipients of sexual reassignment was Lili Elbe.  She lived from 1882 to 1931. 

If you are going to throw your opinion out there and try to say it is fact, you might want to get better at researching what you are talking about before you do so.  I would also suggest not insulting members of E by making light of their situation.  Instead, I would suggest that you actually talk to those on E who have made the outside match the inside (or those that want to make the outside match the inside/those who are in the process of making the outside match the inside) and actually learn about gender dysphoria.

I am censoring the hell out of myself right now because my first reaction when I read your responses a day or two (maybe three days) ago was anger and I had to actually shut E down so that the temptation to respond without thinking wasn't in my face.  Reading your further thoughts on this subject just lit my fuse - especially when you try and hide behind the 'I do not research gender identity problems.'  Why are you in this thread talking about this issue if it is something you do not research?  To stir the pot and get the angst going? To be a troll and hurt others that have done nothing to you?

I personally think you need to be making some massive apologies to those here on E that live with gender dysphoria/bigotry about being transgendered.
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Fury Aphrodisia

Two further points. Cause I can't edit.

One, if you call a Doctor a Doctor even if they're not biologically a PhD, then call a transgender man a man. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

If you have ever gotten offended on behalf of someone with a baby that is female and others call them male (or the other way around), you're a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy is dishonesty and dishonesty has no place in ... well, humanity.

MiraMirror

If you get all upset about someone calling your male dog "she" or your female dog "he", you can call a transman or transwoman by the correct gender.   Doing otherwise is tantamount to saying that a dog is more important than a woman...and that's not responding to your other points, Jazz.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

FeveredDreams

I'm sorry,  I'm actually afraid I'm going to get banned for this...  but I can't help it.

I've decided your current pronoun is shithead.
Are you afraid of me now?

On's and Offs-  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=171318.0

Nadir

Jazzylynn

Being a pothead can be a lifestyle. Does me saying “part of a lifestyle” suit you better? Eating healthy can be a lifestyle. Being a frontiersman is a lifestyle. A boy from the college group at my church offered the man food when he was asking for money at sonic. The man was going around asking for money, so he could get food, so he gave him food. Then the boy watched him walk a way down the line of cars and try to sell the food so he could get money. He clearly did not want food. Another guy friend gave him hot dogs at his apartment and the druggie tried to sell them to his neighbor. Other than this, a man from my church that tried to help him has talked with him and tried to help him, but he does not accept it.
I never said I wished pain on anyone. If you go get surgery for anything it should hurt cause that is normal? Saying it could is not very accurate.
Okay, they do not choose and click a gender. They spend long hard hours debating on who they are, discovering themselves, trying to find their identity because they have no clue. Better? I am not in a rage and I do not see how that “could be the case here.”
And I dunno if y’all can tell, but y’all are just as sarcastic, which I do not mind. I did not say change does not happen. I said some things should not change. Especially common sense ones. Men grow beards. Not strange. A transgender man… meaning he was man and is now woman or woman and now man? I do not know. If a woman who was a man is growing a beard… uh yeah that sounds pretty normal.
<snipped for extremely hurtful content> That was my point. Which parts do you need proof for? Like the schools? I might can find news channels in my area that covered it, if they did. I do not know if schools publicize those things.
I do not research. That does not mean that I have no learned a lot from news, college or other means. I may look into it at times or whatever, but no I do not research.
I used quotes to literally quote words from other people’s post. I know that gay people have mental struggles. Isn’t that how they start wanting to change or having the desire to change who they are? Their mind clearly plays a role. People are people. People are who they are. I just do not believe in people changing who they are.
No no, believe me I know the difference. Since homosexuality is so important and people need to understand that gay people are around, and they need to be loved and supported we have to learn about them. I have lessons about it in college. I have had to research all the unique terms of orientation and gender. In fact, there is another term to go about describing all the different things a person can call themselves, but I do not remember.
I may use sarcasm or bluntness, but I have my opinions. I find it funny that no one here has the same stance as me. And by here, I mean this site, which I do not expect to find others like me here. I disagree with any and all things regarding homosexuality. Just like you all seem to love, support and dream that anyone who wants to be gay can be and we should support them. Doesn’t mean my opinion is CORRECT, but it also does not mean yours is CORRECT either.
I never said the black man at my church was a bad man. He needs help and my church has tried. The lady’s class has cried over how long they have tried to help him. I did not mean to be racist by calling him black if that is what you refer to. It was just a way of describing. I will say baggy sweatpants and bald next time. I forgot calling someone by their skin color is racist.
If I call a transgender by their preferred “he” or “she” then I am accepting it and supporting, it. If they get mad about it they can come to me and we can talk about it. I tend to not refer to them with he or she at all to avoid “disrespecting” and “offending.”
If someone refers to me as he I would not get offended. That is your opinion. I would like to know why you call me he and when I hear your reason then I will know.
Well you said the Marshall did not respond to Roem like they were a person. What else is Roem if not a person?
I look at my eyes and I go cool I got my dad’s eyes. I do not think about anything about my body so extremely. Why would I want to change something about me so badly? How could my body be a lie? Did mom and dad doing something wrong when they were making me? I wanted blue eyes, whose fault is that? That is not fair. I am going to do something about it and change it so that I can have blue eyes because then I won’t feel like an alien made me or did something to me that I did not want to be to start with. I am not trans along with most of the world population, so I guess no one except the small percentage of trans will ever have a mind that says that to them.
My opinon which was just my opinion and still is was not meant to be offensive. Should I be offended that every single one of you disagree with me and say I need to study the minds of transgenders until I agree? Cause I am not.
I would not get upset is someone called my female dog a he. I would probably ask why. “Yo, she is a girl?” Then they can respond with whatever they are thinking. No, a woman is more important than a dog. Humans have souls, so I think that tilts the scale just a little.
FeveredDreams does not like my opinion and therefore finds it best to “heat it up.” Reminds me of how since Trump got elected there have been riots and violence from people who were so butthurt. Were there as much violence and protesting when Obama was elected? See, I may not be super educated with the transgender world, but I hold an opinion. I never said it was right or had hard work and research behind it. I have read everyone’s post on here and I never thought hmm they are shitheads or hmm they are stupid and wrong. I didn’t necessarily agree either. If you look at my very first post you can tell I literally stated my opinion. I also asked a question because I didn’t know. Clearly, I am seeking some opinion and feedback, but I never meant to offend. I also forget how easily offended people can get. Everyone else just saw it and went “She doesn’t agree. She has an opposing view! Attack.” So apparently I along with Bob Marshall and the rest of us as just shitheads.

HannibalBarca

Why, if I may ask, do you not do research?  Isn't learning new things and being able to separate facts from untruths an important thing to you?

Also, you are confusing gender with sexuality.  Gender and sex are not the same thing.  This is an established medical and psychological fact.  Don't take my word for it; look it up, or ask a medical doctor.  Sexuality has to do with the other people you are attracted to. Gender has to do with your own identity.  That means lesbian, gay, bisexual, straight--those deal with sexuality.  Most people are cisgendered--that means they identify their gender with the body they were born into.  I'm cisgender.  I have a penis, and I identify as a man.  95% of people are cisgender, if I recall the statistics correctly.  Transgender means you don't identify with the body you were born into.  Look up gender dysphoria if you wish to understand more about the subject, but that is only one aspect of it.

Gay, straight, and lesbian individuals, when observed in an MRI machine, show different brain functions.  The actual physical parts of their brains are different.  It's something you're born as, for the great majority of people.  Bisexuals can differ as far as leaning towards preferring one gender or another or being equally attracted, and pansexuals have no preference, being interested in any gender.  Asexuals have no interest in sex, but can still be romantically interested in others.  The human brain is much, much more complicated than what people hundreds of years ago thought was just 'male' and 'female'.  Bodies don't even always come in just XX and XY chromosone pairs.  Some people are born with YY, XXY, XYY, XXYY, and so on.  Some people are born intersex, which used to be called hermaphrotitism. 

Life doesn't always fit into neat little categories.  When science discovers new knowledge, many people are uncomfortable with it.  Some Catholic religious leaders in the Renaissance refused to look into telescopes and see that Jupiter actually had four moons, because they were afraid it was Satan trying to mislead them into not believing in what they had always been taught--that the sky was unchanging.  Many times throughout the centuries, new knowledge has been learned, but it took many more years before it was generally accepted.  People will hold on to what they already know, because change is frightening.

People in the LGBTQ community are not pulling your leg, trolling you, trying to get attention, or wanting special treatment.  They already get 'special' treatment--bad treatment, and for millennia.  They simply want to get the same things straight people get, instead of ridicule, abuse, and historical discrimination.
“Those who lack drama in their
lives strive to invent it.”   ― Terry Masters
"It is only when we place hurdles too high to jump
before our characters, that they learn how to fly."  --  Me
Owed/current posts
Sigs by Ritsu