Wheel of Time d20 system game [Recruitment open, 3/5-7 spots filled]

Started by Zaer Darkwail, August 31, 2011, 04:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mysterium

Thank you! I'm nearly finished. Tomorrow, I will work on gear. Then do my best to have my sheet posted before midnight my time.
Raise your glass if you are wrong in all the right ways!

Mysterium

Zaer,

As I work out the 'items' list I find I have questions!

There are 'common sense' inventory items that Accepted leaving the Tower under order of an Aes Sedai wouldn't be expected to pay for out of their own pocket. Things such as a horse, saddle bags, and the 'necessities' such as food, bedroll, blanket, tent... things of this nature. Is this in line with your idea of things?

Mysterium

Here it is! MANY thanks and MUCH appreciation for the one who helped! *passes snugs his way*

It's finished!

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=336550

SO....let's goooo!

Also, here is a picture of her!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/M00nchy1de/Vitani.jpg

Kate

Kate

Zaer Darkwail

Both chars looking good :). Altough with Kate's char I wonder how she got hands on Cloud Dancing talent? Did she somehow have innate sense for weather controlling weaves somereason or did she get a rare chance mentor under the seafolk wind mistress a extended period?

Anyways 2 accepted initiates of Aes Sedai and so far 2-3 ta'verens am I right?

TheVongola10th

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, 5 was minimum and 7 max but wonder is there any more folks in here who have not finished chars quite yet :P. Need check them but going to be busy today (3.0 City of Spider Queen module needs updated 3.5 edition for tomorrow my gaming group who starts it again; third time to get it done and they retooled their chars hyper lot so I need retool module to make sense).

TheVongola10th

i have my stats sheet, just gotta write my background story

Aybara

She chose it because I suggested it, I forgot about the Sea Folk thing but its not exactly a lost talent. Moraine and Nyneave both show some skill in it, Nyneave with foretelling the weather and Moraine creates for using it. Mostly I suggested it because that way the two Aes Sedai characters would have different talents and both be bringing different things to the game.

Kate

Suggestions of the sea-folk being a mentor i understand (I have read the series)

I would adore to have a in-ate talent in it (if everything has to be taught and no "talents" exist ... who taught the first ?)

... I will update her background such that she often spent time in the white tower on the rooftops of the initiate's towers during stormy weather regardless if it was raining, and would often lean into wards the wind, placing her trust in being able to feel for wind changes... over time she began to feel its moods, and ... a new talent appeared.

(Is this acceptable?)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kate on October 18, 2011, 06:30:05 AM
Suggestions of the sea-folk being a mentor i understand (I have read the series)

I would adore to have a in-ate talent in it (if everything has to be taught and no "talents" exist ... who taught the first ?)

... I will update her background such that she often spent time in the white tower on the rooftops of the initiate's towers during stormy weather regardless if it was raining, and would often lean into wards the wind, placing her trust in being able to feel for wind changes... over time she began to feel its moods, and ... a new talent appeared.

(Is this acceptable?)

It is accetable that you gained Cloud Dancing through self-discovery and attuning yourself to weather patterns and so on. Sea folk training is not 100% needed get the talent but it is indeed a very rare talent consider a much more common ones showing up.

Kate

TheVongola10th

Zaer Darkwail

You can post it in here, as GM I need see it anyway but if it has some private plot hooks put them into spoiler or PM them.

Mysterium

PaleEnchantress

This sounds great but I don't know much about the setting. My friends have toldme a bit about it though.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Karasu

if Pale's joining I'm so in mostly cause this seems like something I wanan learn XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Aybara

Well we seem to be doing an alternate universe version of the first book in this campaign so the main story might be more fun for you not to know as everything will be a surprise.

What kind of personality do you like for your characters and some of us could suggest countries that might suit?

Just a few very short points that the average person would know. Important bits are (you probably know a lot of this from your friends saying it but just in case):

Magic users are called channelers
Male channelers go mad and are extremely dangerous.
Female channelers go to be trained in the White Tower to join the Aes Sedai in Tar Valon.
An Aes Sedai can't lie but the truth they tell you isn't always the one you think it is.
Magic is very rare in this world to the extent that you could lead your life without ever meeting someone who could channel or had an item made by the one power.
The Deity of the world is a vague entity refered to as the Creator or the Light.
There is also the Dark One who people do not use his name directly for fear it will bring his ire.
The world was once sundered by the Dragon and it is believed he will be reborn but as to what he will do is something most people don't think of... there are plenty of prophecies though.
Popular curse phrases include "Blood and Ashes" and "Mothers Milk"
There is an area of land tainted by the Dark One far to the North bordered by the various nations which make up the borderlands.

Some of this information is only partially right but its what the average person during this period would know from what I've read in the books.

PaleEnchantress

Ive been skimming the books and can say Id already like to be a Dreadlord who uses the true power.

Zaer Darkwail

Rofl, sorry, I do not allow PC's get hands on to be dreadlords :P. However some PC could change sides to traitor is possible (like nobleman who became able channel, wanders in country and joins party but then get seduced to dark side and make oaths yada and then your dreadlord).

Anyways Kate I checked your char more thoroughly and I noticed no link for the diceroll result for your stats and for point buy your a 4pts beyond the budjet. So you can lower charisma or wisdom by 2pts to meet the requirement. Or one point from both.

PaleEnchantress

Karasu

hey Pale if you want a pet similar to Micar from the Drow game lemem know oki?
Removed, due to vandalism.

PaleEnchantress

It depends on what I can come up with for this game. If I do join though I would enjoy such a companion.

PaleEnchantress

From what I know of the series Lanfear is someone I could get behind emulating