Lost in the Forest (Padfoot95 and DukeJohn)

Started by DukeJohn, March 22, 2017, 05:21:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DukeJohn

It had been a rough past few days for Bambi. First, winter had come in the forest where he lived with his mother. Bambi was still a young fawn and as such had not grown thick fur like the big bucks to protect him from the cold. His favorite time of the year was spring, with its temperate temperatures and pretty spring flowers. Then, to make things worse, hunters came, even though winter was not hunting season. He and his mother ran away and he went to their hiding spot. When Bambi came out later, he couldn't see his mother anywhere. Just when he started calling for her, some kind of wormhole opened and brought Bambi into a very different environment. At first Bambi was happy, because it wasn't winter anymore and here there were bright green fields and lush forests. However, he was having great difficulty finding his mother. He traveled around calling for her for days and she didn't answer. He was starting to worry that the hunters got her. He was also starting to miss his friends Thumper and Flower.

Bambi was a very young deer fawn. He had brown fur, a white furry tail, and lots of white spots, indicating his young age. He had big brown eyes and was very slender and frail. His ears were oversized for his head and floppy, flopping up when he was in a good mood and flopping down when he was sad.

Bambi met some interesting people in his travels. First he met a friendly bright haired bear and asked him if he had seen his mother, but the bear seemed more interested in scrounging the last bit of honey from his honeypot than in being helpful. Then Bambi saw a human boy. At first he was startled but he noticed that he looked very different from other humans so he went up to him and asked if he had seen his mother. The boy made a concerned face, but then reassuringly told Bambi that he was sure he would find his mother, at which point his nose began to grow. This startled Bambi and he ran away. He also so a Big Bad Wolf with sharp teeth in a hat and overalls like Man wore. Bambi ran away before the wolf saw him and was very relieved.

Bambi was starting to give up all hope in finding his mother. He was very discouraged. There was a steep him separating him from another big, open field, which was another spot he hadn't looked. He carefully stepped forward to try and go down the hill, but his legs were not strong enough and he collapsed and tumbled down into the field. He tried to stand up to loom through the field, but it turned out he had badly hurt his hoof, and he collapsed on his side. Bambi's hoof hurt badly, it made his eyes water and he began calling out for his mother, and he also frantically let out high pitched distress bleats that young fawns used so that other deer in the area would know there was a fawn in trouble. His ears were pointing straight down in despair.

Then, Bambi saw something coming from the distance. Could it be his mother?! He hoped so. However, when the figure approached he saw it was a human. "Oh no" he thought. Hopefully it wasn't a hunter. As the figure got closer he saw it was a human girl with pretty light hair. Bambi had never seen a female hunter before, but he was young so he did not know if human women hunted for deer like Man did. Bambi was trembling with fear as she got closer.

Padfoot95

Aurora opened her eyes to a grey stone ceiling and a slight headache. She looked around and found herself in a small room with a fireplace, a small window, and a table in the corner with a chair and some clothes and a pair of small black shoes on top of the chair. The blonde sat up and her curls fell down her back. Aurora looked around in confusion, trying to discern where she was and how she got there. The last thing she could remember was touching the tip of a glowing spindle and then nothing.

The blonde got out of bed and pulled on the pretty green dress with roses embroidered on it and then pulled the matching sweater on over it. Aurora picked up the small black flats and let them fall to the floor with a small thwack. Aurora walked over to the door and opened it, finding that it led outside to a small clearing in a forest. She closed her eyes and breathed in the fresh air, then Aurora opened her eyes and smiled at the beautiful green hue the light through the leaves cast upon the world.

Aurora started on the pathway that lead away from the house and into the forest. The animals in the forest were very cheerful today, she had three chipmunks run up and sniff her feet, and a squirrel came up and shook it's bushy tail at her. Aurora gave him an acorn she had found on the pathway. It felt like she had been wandering for hours when she finally heard something other than birdsong. Her ears perked when she heard the distressed bleating of a young fawn. Aurora listened closely for a  few moments before starting off towards the little one.

Her instincts were confirmed when she saw a little fawn cowering and shaking, clearly it had sensed her before she it. "Oh you poor thing." she said softly, slowly walking up to it and extending her hand. "Are you hurt, little one?" she asked it softly.   

DukeJohn

Bambi couldn't remember ever being so scared. A human had never been this close to him. His mother taught him to stay away from humans and to run when he saw them, but now he couldn't get away because he had hurt his hoof. He was very surprised that she was being friendly. It seemed like she wanted to talk to him and be his friend.

"I hurt my hoof" he said sadly. "I cannot trot across this field. I will never find my mother now." He hung his head in despair. But then he realized that maybe the girl had seen his mother.

"Have you seen my mommy?" he asked "She is a doe who looks like me, except she is taller and doesn't have white spots like I do because she is older."

On a certain, subconscious level, Bambi was aware that the hunters probably got his mother. But he was not ready to process that yet and did not understand. He wanted to keep looking for her.

"I sure hope I find my mommy before nighttime" he added "I get a-scared when I am alone at night."

Bambi always worried about wolves or hunters getting him when it was nighttime. He also got so cold at night since he didn't have his mother to snuggle up against anymore.

Padfoot95

Aurora was careful not to make quick movements, and she kept her voice low and soft. "I haven't seen any other deer, but I can help you look for her." Aurora lowered herself to the ground next to the fawn. "May I take a loot at your hoof? I might be able to fix it, or at least help with the pain."

When the fawn professed his apprehension for nighttime she smiled at him warmly. "Don't worry little one, I have a place we can both stay in tonight. I don't like to be alone either. Now, let's take a look at that hoof." she said, holding out her hand.

DukeJohn

Bambi could tell she was a friend and did not want to hurt him from how carefully she was moving and how she talked so softly. He was no longer afraid and had noticeably calmed down and stopped trembling. His ears perked up when he heard that he could spend the night with her. Bambi knew that a human could keep him safe. His mother had always told him to be wary of humans and stay away from them, but this human did not seem so bad.

"Here is my hoof" he said, wrangling himself to get the injured hoof out from under him. It was chipped and bleeding, making it very hard for him to walk on it. Her certainly wouldn't be able to walk very fast or trot. The exposure of his wound to the air stung and made him squint his eyes and his ears slowly droop downward. Bambi thought the human girl seemed smart so he knew she would be able to figure out a way to help him.

Padfoot95

Aurora took Bambi's hoof in her hand and examined it carefully. Then she ripped a piece of her dress off and began to softly dab at the wound. "Well I definitely need to get you back to my little room in the clearing." she said finally. Aurora tore off another piece of cloth and wrapped it around his hoof. The young woman stood up and brushed off what was left of her skirts. "I'll have to make a poultice when we get back. We should also see if we can find some water, like a stream."

Aurora helped Bambi up as best she could and she let him lean his weight on her. "I'll bet you're hungry as well little one." she murmured as they started walking. "I'll make you something nice to eat too."

DukeJohn

Bambi felt much better when she started cleaning his hoof. He stood up carefully as she helped him up and found that he could put a little weight on his hurt hoof now that it was wrapped. He was able to walk forward slowly.

Bambi had not seen a stream for a while and was very thirsty. His ears shot up and a smile spread across his face as she talked about making him food. It sure was good that she found him. Since he was in such a new place he was very glad to have a new friend.

"You are so nice. Most of the humans I meet are hunters and they are not nice like you. My name's Bambi, what's yours?" he asked. Making new friends always made Bambi excited and he wagged his furry white tail happily as they walked along together.

Padfoot95

It warmed Aurora's heart to see the little fawn happier, she found the little deer so cute. "Thank you, Bambi." she said as they walked the path back to her little room. "My name is Aurora." she smiled at him while he waggled his tail.

Aurora tried to remember something about before she woke but, but gave up after a few moments of silence. The only things she could conjure back to the front of her mind were that spindle and a window in a dark room that covered the moon in thorns. Anxiety washed over her when she tried to think about what had happened to her, so she thought it was better to distract herself with this chatty little fawn, it was extra that he actually needed her help.

Aurora was so lost in thought that she didn't hear the quiet trickle of a stream they were passing.

DukeJohn

"I like walking with you, you have such pretty light hair" Bambi said. Obviously he was a deer and was too young to have a crush on anyone but he thought that her appearance matched her sweet disposition perfectly.

Bambi heard the sound of the stream but he payed much more attention to it than Aurora did. He turned his head to look and see it. His eyes widened and his mouth opened as he saw the beautiful blue water flowing next to them. It looked so appetizing for Bambi and he knew that he just had to have a drink from it.

"Aurora, look!" said Bambi, motioning his head towards the stream. "I do so want a drink from the stream, I'm so thirsty, let's go!" Bambi noticed that Aurora seemed lost in thought prior to seeing the stream and hoped she was feeling okay.

Padfoot95

"I like walking with you too," she said, glancing down at him. "It can get pretty frightening in the forest, especially when it gets dark outside." Aurora blushed and smiled. "Thank you. Flora makes me brush it a hundred times before bed every night." Aurora pursed her lips. She didn't know who Flora was but she could see herself doing that every night, the name just flowed out of her, it must be real.

Aurora snapped out of her daze and finally heard the water tickling. "Let's go see if we can drink it, little one." Aurora led the little fawn to the stream and scooped up and handful of water and drank. The water was cool against her throat, and it seemed to soothe her soul. "Go ahead, Bambi, the water is delicious." she said, bending down on both knees to drink from it.

When she was finished drinking she got up to look for something to carry some water back in, she saw a shiny receptacle and she picked it up. "Alright I'm going to wash this out, stop drinking for a minute, otherwise it will taste bad." Aurora knelt down once more and got to work.

DukeJohn

Bambi followed Aurora to the stream, his ears pointed straight up, his tail wagging, and his tongue drooping out of his mouth. He would be so disappointed if he could not drink from it. It was a great relief to hear that that it was safe to drink the water. Bambi lowered his head and eagerly lapped up the water, finding it greatly refreshing after spending to much time in the sun looking for his mother that day.

"Oh, good!" Bambi said at the prospect of them taking water back with them.

Bambi obediently stopped drinking when Aurora told him and stood back and watched her fill the receptacle with water. He was starting to do everything Aurora told him just like his mother. Bambi smiled as she filled the pitcher, he was very glad that they would have more water to take with them wherever Aurora lived.

Padfoot95

Aurora watched as Bambi gulped the water down. She patted his side, "Careful, love. You'll get a belly ache." Aurora laughed a musical little laugh and took another drink of water herself. After she was done washing out the little pitcher and filling it up she set it too the side and stood up. Aurora brushed off the dirt on her dress and then picked the pitcher up again.

"Are you ready to go Bambi?" she asked the little fawn. "We can always come back later, when your hoof is feeling better." It was beginning to get darker and they needed food, Aurora stomach gave a rumble.

DukeJohn

Bambi could sometimes upset his stomach by over indulging when he was excited, but he was so thirsty that it did not matter to him at the moment. Still, he thought Aurora seemed smart since she was older and more grown up than him so he thought he should listen to her advice and stopped drinking from the stream.

Bambi's hoof had started to bother him in their travels, even though it was wrapped. He wanted to get back to where Aurora lived so he could rest it and not have to move around so much.

"Yes, I think we should leave" he said "I get a-scared of the dark." He felt much safer having her there with him, though.

Padfoot95

It was a wonder to Aurora how much trust the little fawn had in her, since they had only just met, but she was glad all the same, she felt an obligation to protect Bambi. the two of them started back on the pathway to the little shack. On the way back, Aurora noticed some blackberry bushes on the path that she hadn't before.

"Oh look, Bambi," she gasped. "I love blackberries, don't you?" she asked, tearing off another piece of her dress and kneeling by them. Aurora plucked one off the bush and placed it on her tongue. She held another one out to Bambi with a smile. Aurora pulled handful of berries off the bushes and dumped them on the piece of her dress, and then wrapped them up for safe keeping.

They continued down the path and arrived at the small clearing just as the sun was setting. The door was still ajar, just ass Aurora had left it, but now the glow from a lit fireplace spilled out from the doorway. Was someone there? "Bambi, stay here, just for a moment." Aurora tried to keep her brave face on so as not to scare him. Aurora walked to the doorway and poked her head in.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" she asked. There was no answer. Aurora walked into the tiny shack. "Hello?" There was no one in the little room, but there was fresh water and bread on the table where her clothes once were. Where had they come from? Who brought them here? Aurora, still slightly disconcerted, walked back to the door an called Bambi inside. "Come on, little one, there's some bread on the table for us and our berries."

DukeJohn

Bambi had initially been nervous around Aurora but she had been so nice to him that he felt very safe with her, almost like with his mother, since she was so nice and smart like his mother was. It could be said that Bambi was gullible to trust a human so much, but he was so young and innocent that it did not occur to him that she might be a hunter. Since she wasn't, his trust in her was not unfounded. He happily followed her down the road, but became very excite upon her nest announcement.

"BERRIES?!" Bambi exclaimed, his ears flopping straight up and his eyes widening. "I do so love berries, they are my favorite!"

His nostrils flared as they neared the bush. He had a sensitive sense of smell and loved the smell of berries. He happily wagged his tail and his head bobbed up and down since he was restraining himself was skipping up and down in excitement to protect his hurt hoof. Bambi thanked her and eagerly gobbled up the berry that she held out for him in her hand. He was very pleased to see that she would be taking more with them for them to have later.

Bambi did not sense anything was wrong as she told him to stand outside. He was just excited about the berries and patiently waited for her to invite him inside. He followed her inside and sat down on top of his hind legs on the floor next to the table, glad to finally be able to rest his legs and sore hoof after walking all day.

Padfoot95

Aurora laughed at the little fawn's excitement, it was so cute. "I'm sure those berries will make your tummy happier." Aurora didn't know how long Bambi had been without food but she could imagine he was getting hungry since children usually needed more food than adults. His lips were soft in her hand as he gobbled the berry down.

When Bambi came into the little shack Aurora closed the door behind him and walked over to the fireplace and started to build a fire, she didn't want it to get cold during the night, and the light was welcome. "Are you still hungry little one? Or should we look at that foot first?" she asked, opening a drawer that was attached  under the table. To her surprise and happiness there was a rudimentary medical kit with bandages in it and somethings to  clean the wound out with.

DukeJohn

Bambi was very hungry and that one berry was definitely not enough to fill him up. He was looking forward to nibbling on the bread and having more berries.

"I am hungry, but you can make my hoof feel better first" said Bambi. He did not understand the specifics of medical care but he had so much trust in Aurora that he knew that she would know just what to do to make his hurt hoof all better. Bambi thought that Aurora had to know just about everything for her to be able to take care of him the way she had thus far. He hoped she would be able to help him find his mother the next day.

Padfoot95

"I'm going to lift you up onto the bed." she warned him before lifting the fawn onto the soft bed. Aurora began to clean out the wound with the water from the pitcher. There was a lot of dirt in it but Aurora saw a salve that should clean it out just fine, even if it would sting a little. "Alright Bambi, this is going to sting, but I know you'll be very brave for me." she smiled at the little fawn before smearing the paste all over his hoof.

"Alright, leave this for a few moments and then I'll take it off and rewrap it. For now," she said with a smile as she got up and walked over to the table. "let's make something to eat." Just then, the door opened and in walked a girl that couldn't have been any older than sixteen. The girl had on a blue dress with a matching blue ribbon in her golden ringlets. In her hands she carried a tray with some nuts and berries and what smelled like chicken, Aurora's stomach rumbled and she blushed.

"Hello," the girl said. "My name is Wendy Moira Angela Darling, you must be hungry, would you like some?"

DukeJohn

Bambi liked the feeling of the soft bed and began to snuggle his head against the soft sheets for a moment. It felt much nicer than the hard ground. If he spent a long period around Aurora he would be domesticated.

His head shot back up when she told him it would sting. His eyes widened and he felt scared, but when she told him that she knew he would be brave he did not want to disappoint her and squinted his eyes and flared his nostrils in anticipation. He shut his eyes when she first applied it, but soon felt better and started relaxing on the bed again. He was very pleased when he heard she was going to make something to eat and smiled as she left him there on the bed.

Suddenly, another young girl entered the room. Bambi was startled and hid his face behind the pillow and the small bed panel, peeking out with one eye from the side. He liked Aurora but he was very nervous about new people and could not tell if they were there to hurt him or not. It looked like the girl had nuts and more berries. Nuts were one of Bambi's favorite foods and he enjoyed gathering them along with berries in the forest with his mother. The girl looked like she was probably a friend since she was bringing food and was young and pretty like Aurora. Bambi peered out from behind the pillow and bed panel and said shyly....

"Are those nuts and berries? Those are two of my favorites and I am very hungry"

Padfoot95

Aurora glanced quickly over at Bambi and stepped in between Bambi and the girl just in case. "It's alright Bambi." she reassured him. Aurora turned back to Wendy and frowned. "Don't you know how to knock?" she asked haughtily.

Blood flooded Wendy's cheeks and she opened her mouth to speak but clearly thought better of it because her mouth shut again. Bambi asked for the food so Aurora held out her hands for the tray. "I'm sorry you're right I should have knocked." Wendy mumbled. "I didn't mean to scare you little one, I was just excited to finally meet you. What are your names?"

DukeJohn

"It's alright, I am just glad that I have another new friend, my name's Bambi"

Bambi already felt very safe with Aurora there but with two friendly people to take care of him he thought everything would be fine. He had been very fortunate that day to meet so many helpful and kind humans instead of the hunters that he was used to seeing.

"Did you know that I was going to be here?" Bambi asked Wendy. He was a little confused by her presence and by her sudden arrival at Aurora's home when she didn't seem to know Aurora. But then again Bambi was very young so he thought he just might not understand the way humans did things.

Padfoot95

Wendy smiled at the friendly little fawn. "It's very nice to meet you Bambi." she said with a polite smile. Aurora frowned and wondered if Bambi was right to trust this girl so quickly. "I didn't, but I walked in one day and saw this girl," she gestured to Aurora, "she was sleeping in my bed, this is my cottage you see, and I left her some clothes while I went to look for Peter and the Lost Boys. They must be there reason I'm here. I wonder if my brothers are lost too..." she trailed off.

"Your brothers?" Aurora asked taking a berry and putting it in her mouth, she wanted to taste it before Bambi did, in case it would make them sick. "Yes, John and Michael." Wendy said. "Do either of you know how you got here? Have you seen anyone else other than me?" Aurora shook her head and put the place of nuts and berries on the bed for Bambi to eat, then she took the tray from Wendy and sat down at the small table in the corner and began to eat herself.

DukeJohn

Bambi smiled and his ears shot right up when she put his food on his bed for him. His mother always told him to save his dessert for the end, so Bambi started in on the nuts before having the berries. He was very pleased to have such a nice meal.

"I do not think I have seen your brothers or your friends" Bambi said, looking at Wendy, eagerly chewing a mouthful of nuts. "Maybe Aurora can help you find them tomorrow while she helps me find my Mommy." Bambi trusted Aurora and was very grateful to her for all her help that day so he thought she could do practically anything. He was very confident that she would help him find his mother but would likely be disappointed.

After finishing the nuts, Bambi eagerly gobbled up his berries. He licked the leftover pits and juice off his lips. The big meal had made him very sleepy after such a long and tiring day. His ears began slowly sagging down and he was having  a hard time keeping his eyes open.

"I think I am ready for bed" he said with a yawn. "I'm sleepy, my Mommy usually made me go to bed earlier."

Padfoot95

Aurora was pleased to see Bambi enjoying his food, it was one less thing that she had to worry about. The chicken she scarfed down was good, but that was also due to the immense hunger she felt after not eating all day. Aurora giggled as the little fawn talked with his mouth full. "Now, Bambi, I don't know your mother but I can't imagine she would thinking very highly of a little fawn who talked with his mouth full, I know my mother wouldn't." Aurora turned to Wendy. "Yes, I'm willing to help look for your friends if you'll help us look for ours." Aurora wasn't sure who she was looking for, but deep within her she knew she was missing something.

Wendy smiled. "Of course I'll help you find them! Oh I just miss Michael and Joh so much, and Peter too." Aurora made note of the fact that Wendy was a chatter box, it could either help or hurt them in the end. Aurora looked at Bambi for a few moments, wondering if they would ever find his mother, and if they didn't what would she do then? She couldn't take care of the fawn forever, no matter how much she wanted to. Aurora moved to sit by Bambi when she was finished with her food and began to stroke him softly between his ears.

"Why don't you scoot down to the end of the bed, that way I'll have some room to sleep too." Aurora murmured softly before turning to Wendy. "And are you staying here as well?" Wendy shook her head. "No, when I found you in here I figured I'd have to find somewhere else to sleep, luckily there was another hut a little ways away. It's smaller but I don't mind at all."

DukeJohn

"Oh, that's right" Bambi said as she scolded him about chewing with his mouth open, before realizing that he was still doing it. He was very embarrassed and quickly shut his mouth and chewed the rest of his food quietly.

"Okay, Aurora, good night" said Bambi as he obediently moved to the foot of the bed to sleep. He knew no hunters or wolves would be able to get him with Aurora there. He shut his eyes and his ears gradually drooped lower as he quickly went to sleep, his back moving up and down from his gentle breathing.

Bambi was used to rising with the sunset, since that's what most animals did. He hopped out of bed before Aurora and figured he would trot a little outside while she still slept. Bambi met a shy baby elephant in circus garb while he trotted around outside, and Aurora would see them happily running and playing together outside their small cottage when she awoke.