Vampire the Masquerade: Seattle by Night [closed for now! Thank you, all! <3 ]

Started by Blythe, August 27, 2016, 05:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Hi, all! As the title suggests, I am looking to run a large semi-sandbox Vampre the Masquerade system game that will go in Extreme Small Groups. It will use the Revised rules. You can find more information about everything about it in my World Building Thread! Please don't post in that world building thread; if you'd like to play, post here in this interest check!

If you have questions, please feel free to ask.

But to talk a bit about what I'm wanting to run: this would be about the city of Seattle and the personal horror and politics of the Kindred and people within it. It will be possible to have alliances and rivalries with other characters, and characters will be able to try to climb the political ladder or try to get by night to night. The game will mostly be sandbox, but I will create some GM events to provide some guidance and excitement. This may even include some Sabbat attacks, although combat won't be a major focus of the game. To create a character or know if this game is right for you, at minimum you should read the 'Game Information' &
'System and Character Info' in the Worldbuilding thread. For more advanced VtM players, the 'FAQ' at the bottom will also prove helpful. Please make sure to read things thoroughly! If there is enough interest, I'll work on more details for the game.

I'm also tentatively looking for a co-GM, although I can run this on my own if I need to. I'm familiar enough with VtMs mechanics that it should not be a problem.

Anyways, I wanted to get this up for now, and I'll leave it up a few days to see what sort of interest it gets. I can help anyone that needs help with chargen and answer any questions you might have. I'm aware the world building thread is a bit large. My replies may be a bit slow until Monday, though, so I hope that doesn't discourage anyone! :-)

~ Game Threads ~

Only approved players should post in the OOC. You'll know if you're approved because I will announce it in the Interest Check, and then I will post your character in the CS thread myself.

Character sheet template!

Name:
Clan:
Gender/Sex:
Nature:
Demeanor:
Generation:

Attributes

Strength: *
Dexterity: *
Stamina: *

Charisma: *
Manipulation: *
Appearance: *

Perception: *
Intelligence: *
Wits: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Disciplines:

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:

Self-Control/Instinct:

Courage:

Humanity/Path:

Willpower:

Blood Pool:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)

Flaws: (list points!)

Personality: Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

History: What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

Your O/Os for this character: Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Grab the coding here
[float=left][img height=250 padding=6]http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a0ipMDoC1rrsh57o1_1280.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]

[spoiler=Attributes]
[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[b]Charisma:[/b] *
[b]Manipulation:[/b] *
[b]Appearance:[/b] *

[b]Perception:[/b] *
[b]Intelligence:[/b] *
[b]Wits:[/b] *
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[i]Alertness:[/i]
[i]Athletics:[/i]
[i]Brawl:[/i]
[i]Dodge:[/i]
[i]Empathy:[/i] 
[i]Expression: [/i]
[i]Intimidation:[/i]
[i]Leadership:[/i]
[i]Streetwise:[/i]
[i]Subterfuge:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]Animal Ken:[/i]
[i]Crafts:[/i]
[i]Drive:[/i]
[i]Etiquette:[/i]
[i]Firearms:[/i]
[i]Melee:[/i]
[i]Performance:[/i]
[i]Security:[/i]
[i]Stealth:[/i]
[i]Survival:[/i]

[b]Knowledges:[/b]
[i]Academics:[/i]
[i]Computer:[/i]
[i]Finance:[/i]
[i]Investigation:[/i]
[i]Law:[/i]
[i]Linguistics:[/i]
[i]Medicine:[/i]
[i]Occult:[/i]
[i]Politics:[/i]
[i]Science:[/i]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages]
[b]Backgrounds:[/b]

[b]Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Virtues:[/b]
[i]Conscience/Conviction:[/i]

[i]Self-Control/Instinct:[/i]

[i]Courage:[/i]

[hr]

[b]Humanity/Path:[/b]

[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Blood Pool:[/b]

[hr]

[b]~Health!~[/b]
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Merits/Flaws]
[b]Merits:[/b] (list cost!)

[b]Flaws:[/b] (list points!)
[/spoiler]

[b]Personality: [/b]Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

[b]History:[/b] What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

[b]Your O/Os for this character:[/b] Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

[color=red][b]NOTE: [/b][/color][b]For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).[/b]

Geeklet

Blythe and vampires? YAAAAAS.

I am definitely interested. Probably either Nossie or Brujah.

Sparrowhawke

Kia

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

Quote from: Geeklet on August 27, 2016, 05:17:21 PM
Blythe and vampires? YAAAAAS.

I am definitely interested. Probably either Nossie or Brujah.

YAY <3

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on August 27, 2016, 05:32:03 PM
Yessssssssssssssss

oh you

I will bet money that whatever you play, it shall be glorious and filled with violence!  ;D

Quote from: Kia on August 27, 2016, 05:34:39 PM
Yesss!! Very very interested over here!

Wonderful to see you here!  ;D

Quote from: AndyZ on August 27, 2016, 05:42:07 PM

Hey AndyZ, long time no see!  8-)

Hades

Blythe

Hey, Hades!  ;D *waves!*

To let folks know, I'm working on a character sheet format that I hope to have complete by tomorrow, since someone poked me to ask about that. ^^

marauder13

Pencil me in for a Nos, or a Malk. Hopefully, my presence will not kill this Group game like the previous ones I have joined.

Oh, if you are looking for a masochist to bring in a Tremere at any point, I'll gladly do that.

Sparrowhawke

Just so people know, I may have jumped on the scourge spot the literal instant I saw it was open

*coughs*

Hades

I have my Tremere's background pretty well formed in my head, I just need to stop being lazy and write it all out and then work on a character sheet.  Change of plans, going with something else instead.

Bit upset I can't find my physical copy of the GttCam but at least I have Plan B in the form of the White Wolf CD they put out that has the core book, the GttCam and the Sabbat, the ST Companion and ST Handbook on it, along with a handy little character sheet generator.  Because technology for the win!

Juggtacular

Blythe

Character sheet template!

Name:
Clan:
Gender/Sex:
Nature:
Demeanor:
Generation:

Attributes

Strength: *
Dexterity: *
Stamina: *

Charisma: *
Manipulation: *
Appearance: *

Perception: *
Intelligence: *
Wits: *

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness:
Athletics:
Brawl:
Dodge:
Empathy: 
Expression:
Intimidation:
Leadership:
Streetwise:
Subterfuge:

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts:
Drive:
Etiquette:
Firearms:
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth:
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics:
Computer:
Finance:
Investigation:
Law:
Linguistics:
Medicine:
Occult:
Politics:
Science:

Advantages

Backgrounds:

Disciplines:

Virtues:
Conscience/Conviction:

Self-Control/Instinct:

Courage:

Humanity/Path:

Willpower:

Blood Pool:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits: (list cost!)

Flaws: (list points!)

Personality: Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

History: What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

Your O/Os for this character: Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.

NOTE: For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).

Coding for any that want to grab it:

[float=left][img height=250 padding=6]http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a0ipMDoC1rrsh57o1_1280.jpg[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Generation:[/b]

[spoiler=Attributes]
[b]Strength:[/b] *
[b]Dexterity:[/b] *
[b]Stamina:[/b] *

[b]Charisma:[/b] *
[b]Manipulation:[/b] *
[b]Appearance:[/b] *

[b]Perception:[/b] *
[b]Intelligence:[/b] *
[b]Wits:[/b] *
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Abilities]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[i]Alertness:[/i]
[i]Athletics:[/i]
[i]Brawl:[/i]
[i]Dodge:[/i]
[i]Empathy:[/i] 
[i]Expression: [/i]
[i]Intimidation:[/i]
[i]Leadership:[/i]
[i]Streetwise:[/i]
[i]Subterfuge:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[i]Animal Ken:[/i]
[i]Crafts:[/i]
[i]Drive:[/i]
[i]Etiquette:[/i]
[i]Firearms:[/i]
[i]Melee:[/i]
[i]Performance:[/i]
[i]Security:[/i]
[i]Stealth:[/i]
[i]Survival:[/i]

[b]Knowledges:[/b]
[i]Academics:[/i]
[i]Computer:[/i]
[i]Finance:[/i]
[i]Investigation:[/i]
[i]Law:[/i]
[i]Linguistics:[/i]
[i]Medicine:[/i]
[i]Occult:[/i]
[i]Politics:[/i]
[i]Science:[/i]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Advantages]
[b]Backgrounds:[/b]

[b]Disciplines:[/b]

[b]Virtues:[/b]
[i]Conscience/Conviction:[/i]

[i]Self-Control/Instinct:[/i]

[i]Courage:[/i]

[hr]

[b]Humanity/Path:[/b]

[b]Willpower:[/b]

[b]Blood Pool:[/b]

[hr]

[b]~Health!~[/b]
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Merits/Flaws]
[b]Merits:[/b] (list cost!)

[b]Flaws:[/b] (list points!)
[/spoiler]

[b]Personality: [/b]Describe a bit about your character's personality--this can just be a list of general personality traits they show, or you can go in-depth to talk about why they behave they way they do!

[b]History:[/b] What was life like for your character before the Embrace? Talk a bit about their lives then, and talk a little bit about their actual Embrace and the time just after. Does not have to be super detailed--perhaps a paragraph or two.

[b]Your O/Os for this character:[/b] Link to your O/O thread or the E matrix. If there are any O/O exceptions that aren't mentioned in your thread for your character, be sure the mention them here.[

[color=red][b]NOTE: [/b][/color][b]For statistics, be sure to include how you spent your Freebie points (or EXP for those starting as ancilla).[/b]

Blythe

Quote from: marauder13 on August 27, 2016, 07:31:25 PM
Pencil me in for a Nos, or a Malk. Hopefully, my presence will not kill this Group game like the previous ones I have joined.

Oh, if you are looking for a masochist to bring in a Tremere at any point, I'll gladly do that.

No Final Death for this group! (Well, that's what I hope!  ;D )

Excited to see what you come up with! 

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 27, 2016, 07:51:42 PM
Vampire time? Yes pls.

*waves!* Hey there!  ;D

Quote from: Hades on August 27, 2016, 07:50:43 PM
I have my Tremere's background pretty well formed in my head, I just need to stop being lazy and write it all out and then work on a character sheet.

Excellent!

Nadir

* Dim Hon tumbles in

ME!!!

Would Federico, my Giovanni-on-the-run be a good fit for your world or shall I make a whole new character for this? I don't mind either~

Blythe

Quote from: Dim Hon on August 27, 2016, 09:00:26 PM
* Dim Hon tumbles in

ME!!!

Would Federico, my Giovanni-on-the-run be a good fit for your world or shall I make a whole new character for this? I don't mind either~

PM me a link to his sheet again? I remember Federico; if he's at least neutral to the Camarilla or outright seeks to defect from the Giovanni, he would be suitable.

I might allow him, but I may require a few tweaks to his sheet in Background and Flaws so he'll fit in Seattle. :)

Sara Nilsson

oO

Might have to make up a "cute" Nosferatu girl I have had kicking in the back of my head for a bit.

RubySlippers

Name: Antonette Castillago
Clan: Dominate Malkavian
Gender/Sex: Female
Nature: Celebrant (Herself, she is beauty to grace the world around her so appreciate it and yearn for her.)
Demeanor: Child
Generation: 14th (Her Primogen Insists its 12th)
Concept: Creature of Beauty
Haven:

Attributes

Strength: 2
Dexterity: 2
Stamina: 2

Charisma: 3
Manipulation: 3
Appearance: 5  (Specialty: Flawless Beauty)

Perception: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wits: 3

Abilities

Talents:
Alertness: 1
Athletics: 1
Brawl: 1
Dodge: 1
Empathy: 1
Expression: 2
Intimidation: 1
Leadership: 1
Malkavian Time: 2
Streetwise: 1
Subterfuge: 1

Skills:
Animal Ken:
Crafts: 1
Drive: 1
Etiquette: 1
Firearms: 1
Melee:
Performance:
Security:
Stealth: 1
Survival:

Knowledges:
Academics: 1
Computer: 1
Finance: 2
Investigation:
Law: 1
Linguistics: 1  [Native Language Spanish, English]
Medicine:
Occult: 1
Politics: 1
Science: 1

Advantages

Backgrounds:
Resources (Trust Fund Invested for Income, Sound Dividend Stocks and Similar Conservative Investments) 4
Mentor (Miguel Juarez) 3

Disciplines:
Auspex 1
Dominate 1
Obfuscate 1

Virtues:
Conscience: 3
Self-Control: 4
Courage: 3

Humanity: 8
Willpower: 4
Blood Pool <Max. Kindred Vitae 8>:

~Health!~
- Bruised
- Hurt  (-1)
- Injured  (-1)
- Wounded  (-2)
- Mauled  (-2)
- Crippled  (-5)
- Incapacitated (X)

Merits/Flaws

Merits:
Benevolent Blood  -2 pts.
Blush of Health  -2 pts.

Flaws:
14th Generation  +2 pts.
Deep Sleeper  +1 pt.
Phobia (heights)  +2 pts.

Derangement: Histrionic Personality Disorder (HPD)
http://www.psychone.net/disorders/histrionic-personality-disorder.php

Personality:
On the surface appears pretty normal save for wanting to be the center of attention and thinking her beauty is her gift to the world both mortal and Kindred with various personality issues of being flirty, shallow emotionally and tends to lack staying power when she goes from an old interest to a new one. However she doesn't appear dangerous and in truth she isn't at the moment she is of weak generation and knows it. She is close to her mentor in that he protects her and counsels her maybe grooming her to be a clan leader some day or he might have other motives she doesn't care save she is beautiful and it will remain forever and the issues of her little beast in her isn't a big concern at the moment.

History:
Born in Spain her family immigrated to the US opening a couple restaurants in the Midwest and she went to private Catholic Schools and then attended the University of Chicago, majoring in Small Business Management and got control of her trust fund shortly after. Always popular for her beauty and social skills, she tended to party however more than work at anything practical much to the chagrin on her poor parents. Most of her time was spent bouncing between lovers and traveling, ending up a few years ago in Seattle. It was there after a Rave she was fed on by a minor Malkavian and embraced who was following her for some time, and it was a rush of hunger not desire the embrace a payment for her draining the girl.

Then things got interesting. The Malkavian Primogen of Seattle, Miguel Juarez, discovered she had the Gift of Malkav, connecting with her via the Madness Network and believing she might be heavenly touched. She was given an education and allowed to feed at his domain's mental hospital under his gaze, as she proved she would be stable. Well, for a member of the clan. Her Mentor knows she is a thin-blood, and he has a plan: He will pose her as a visiting Malkavian under his tutelage, claiming she is of the 12th generation, claiming she seeks permission to come into the city. It is Miguel's desire  to hide her generation, hoping the Prince will not see through the ruse and allow her to stay. She's neither a fool or weak, but being a thin-blood may cause some issues.

This also protects a minor clan member--Antonette's Sire, Mad Maddy. Miguel has removed Maddy's memories of Siring Antonette and removed Antonette's memories of her Sire, claiming formal responsibility for Antonette himself instead. Mad Maddy is kept imprisoned by Miguel somewhere in the advent he or Antonette might need her.

Antonette bought a modest condo home, having renovations done including a panic room and a roomy shower/bath. She loves lingering in the shower and bathing in the University District but won't move in just now. But its a cozy haven and safe over standing out it was simply location, location and location that mattered.

Your O/Os for this character: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=670

Freebie Points Spent: 15 + 1 Flaws = 16
Appearance +1  5 pts.
Perception +1  5 pts.
Background: Mentor +1  1 pt.
Background: Resources +1  1 pt.
Self-Control +1  2 pts.
Courage +1  2 pts.

Amarlo

I'm placing my tentative interest. I'm extremely new to the system, and systems in general, still entirely learning to the point that I'm pretty derp about it. Would that be a problem? Also, I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet but I was wondering if it's at all possible for me to play something other than a vampire in this setting? ^^

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Blythe

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 28, 2016, 12:40:30 AM
oO

Might have to make up a "cute" Nosferatu girl I have had kicking in the back of my head for a bit.

I <3 Nossies so much, looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 28, 2016, 01:06:36 AM

Hi Ruby! I'll review your sheet more in-depth tonight and will have feedback for you tomorrow that I'll PM to you! Mostly it'll be some questions and clarifications about backstory and Mentor connections, as your actual stats look pretty solid after a casual glance! (Also, I am super excited to see the Malkavian Time skill on your sheet! I was hoping someone would make a Malkie who has a connection to the Madness Network!  :D  )

Quote from: Amarlo on August 28, 2016, 01:20:21 AM
I'm placing my tentative interest. I'm extremely new to the system, and systems in general, still entirely learning to the point that I'm pretty derp about it. Would that be a problem? Also, I haven't had a chance to read through everything yet but I was wondering if it's at all possible for me to play something other than a vampire in this setting? ^^

Newcomers to the system are absolutely welcome. Please PM me if you have questions or if you need any advice or walk-through about stats! :)

I'm requiring that people's first characters be vampires, although it's possible to play a non-vampire (a human or a ghoul) with a second character. For someone new to the system, creating a neonate vampire is probably the easiest manner to approach learning to play.

CharlieSariel

So I would like to place my interest here.  I'm inclined towards a Caitiff, or possibly something in the Ventrue.  I'll put some numbers to pixels and see what comes about.

Current Posting Rate - Approximately 1 to 2 posts per week

Blythe

Quote from: CharlieSariel on August 28, 2016, 02:08:50 AM
So I would like to place my interest here.  I'm inclined towards a Caitiff, or possibly something in the Ventrue.  I'll put some numbers to pixels and see what comes about.

Howdy and welcome!

The only thing I'd say to be aware of is that there will be a Scourge in the game. Players who are Caitiff or thin-bloods should be willing to risk possible conflict with the Scourge. If that's something you are okay with, then that works out great! (As a note, PvP shouldn't happen without the permission of both players involved and myself, the GM, so you won't ever be suddenly surprised with the Scourge, but I do want players of Caitiff and thin-bloods to keep that option open for discussion)

No one has expressed interest in a Ventrue yet, I believe! We could stand to see some bluebloods!  ;D

Amarlo

Quote from: Blythe on August 28, 2016, 01:24:24 AM
Newcomers to the system are absolutely welcome. Please PM me if you have questions or if you need any advice or walk-through about stats! :)

I'm requiring that people's first characters be vampires, although it's possible to play a non-vampire (a human or a ghoul) with a second character. For someone new to the system, creating a neonate vampire is probably the easiest manner to approach learning to play.

Thank you for the prompt answer and also being so welcome to new people. However, I think I might sit this one out. I have more interest in the general WoD setting than just the vampires. x3 I hope your game is very successful!

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Blythe

Quote from: Amarlo on August 28, 2016, 02:15:16 AM
Thank you for the prompt answer and also being so welcome to new people. However, I think I might sit this one out. I have more interest in the general WoD setting than just the vampires. x3 I hope your game is very successful!

That's quite all right--thank you for the interest!  :-)