News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking for D&D 5e Game(s)

Started by Jazrae22, July 05, 2016, 02:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazrae22

Experienced player seeking D&D 5e games. 

Prefer to start at a lower level, but willing to start as high as 4 or 5.

Typically play Ranger, Fighter or Barbarian, but will play any class/race/background.

I like a smaller group of 2 to 4, if possible.

Can review and post at least two times a day on weekdays, more or less on weekends, depending.

"Have role, will play."

-Jaz

Irilinquent

If you find someone to DM, please count me in!

I usually play Cleric, Paladin or rogue!

Jazrae22

Irilinquent,

Thanks for jumping in!  What would you say to you and I posting some suggested character profiles to entice a prospective DM?

I could post a level 1 Ranger, Fighter and Barbarian, and you could post a level 1 Cleric, Paladin and Rogue. 

I figure we start with the basics, like name, race, class & background details; Weapons, spells, appearance and MAYBE a picture.  We could even include a complete character sheet if you want.  I have a great fillable PDF sheet, but also a pretty good Text-based sheet.

If you wanna go a step further, we could provide deeper back stories.  I love making back stories!  I use a book by Central Casting that always gives tons goodies for a seasoned DM to play with.

Let me know what you think!  Let's see if we can encourage a DM to take us on!

-Jaz

Irilinquent

Sure. I'll probably stick with some brief info for each as I wouldn't want to spend too much time thinking up one of each only to have it be a waste.

I'm about to head to bed though so I'll have it up in a couple of hours.

Jazrae22

Cool! 

Yeah, we should start with the basics.  Has to be a fresh-made character, with only details from the Player's Handbook.

I might pick a picture to base each of my characters around.  I'll start building tonight or tomorrow.

:)

-Jaz 

eternaldarkness

I might be tempted by this. I tend to do better as a DM with smaller numbers of players, especially when they are enthusiastic about the characters they're playing. Anything in particular you guys want for a campaign idea as far as themes and moods? And how do you want to prioritize the three 'pillars' between combat/exploration/interaction? What else do you both want out of a prospective GM, and the game? Give me all your informations!

Jazrae22

Hey eternaldarkness!

I like small, enthusiastic groups too!  Maybe just two or three willing and focused players?

So far as campaign theme/mood, I'm pretty good with a standard D&D fantasy world.  I'll play Ravenloft, but I'm not much into horror.  I like exploration interesting places, solving mysteries and defeating bad guys!  Even a little political intrigue to sate our social appetites too.

I would put Exporation first, then Interaction, and then Combat.  I like a good battle, but not a boring hack-n-shash campaign.  I want my character to grow as a person as they carve out their legend.  A little humor is fun but not a parody or farce.  Romance never goes amiss, so long as it's not a hump-fest. 

I like a GM who is creative and able to improvise.  Someone who will look at my character's goals, ideals, bonds and trickets as jumping off points for adventures, drama and conflict.  A visual writer who uses pictures, maps and memorable NPCs. 

I like to start at 1st level and really build my character's story and their reputation as we move from a village to a town to a city to the capital, then who knows?  Another dimension.

I hope we can work together!

-Jaz

Irilinquent

Here are my character info!

Name: Tristan Lewis
Race: Human
Class: Cleric of Lathander (Assuming we're going with the Forgotten Realms Pantheon, if not, that's cool too.)
Archetype: Light Domain

Personality Trait: There is nothing I won't sacrifice for the sake of the innocent.
Ideals: To talk the talk is one thing, but I intend to show the people the benevolence of my deity.
Bonds: My relationship with my merry band of adventurers is a sacred one and even my life is not big enough of a sacrifice if it means keeping them safe.
Flaws: I sometimes enjoy a good drink and a good woman a little too much.

Name: Anson Kohler
Class: Paladin of Bahamut
Future Archetype: Oath of Vengeance

Personality Trait: Rash to a fault. Manners elude me.
Ideals: I live for the thrill of a good fight.
Bonds: I do what I do to keep my family back home safe.
Flaws: I trust women and children a little too much.

Name: Lana
Class: Rogue
Future Archetype: Thief or Arcane Trickster

Personality Trait: I'm not beyond using feminine wiles to get what I need
Ideals: All I want is a pouch full of gold and a belly full of mead.
Bonds: My daggers or as I call them, my girls, Lucia and Layla.
Flaws: If you don't see me, I'm probably in someone's home, stealing some loot. But don't worry, I share the spoils with my friends.

Hope you guys like 'em.

As for what I expect from a DM, I agree with what Jazrae22 says, except I would put Interaction first, Exploration and then Combat (Especially if we're playing on the forums, I find combat by post goes so slow, especially if you go turn by turn.)

Jazrae22

Name: Sariel Liadon
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Future Archetype: Hunter
Background: Noble

Personality Trait: My favor, once lost, is lost forever.
Ideal: It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me, just as those below me must respect mine.
Bond: I will face any challenge to recover the approval of my family.
Flaw: I hide a scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Trinket: An ornate scabbard that fits no sword she has found so far

Name: Phellia "Fallen"
Race: Tiefling
Class: Fighter
Future Archetype: Battle Master
Background: Entertainer - Gladiator

Personality Trait: I change my mood or my mind as quickly as I change weapons.
Ideal: I'm in it for the money and fame.
Bond: I will do anything to prove myself superior to a hated rival.
Flaw: I'm a sucker for a pretty face.

Trinket: A small wooden statuette of a smug halfling

Name: Corra Farborne
Race: Halfling
Class: Barbarian
Future Archetype: Path of the Totem Warrior
Background: Acolyte

Personality Trait: I've enjoyed fine food, drink and high society among my temple's elite.  Rough living grates on me.
Ideal: I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith's religious hierarchy.
Bond: I would die to recover an ancient relic of my faith that was lost long ago.
Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Trinket: A tiny silver bell without a clapper

Irilinquent

What a lovely bevy of ladies. Are you gravitating towards any of them in particular?

Jazrae22

Phellia is my first choice, with Corra a very close second.  But I'll play any of them.  Which do you like most?

And which of your characters is your favorite?

Irilinquent

I really love the image for Sariel, but I've always been a sucker for a pretty face.

As for me, I'm thinking Tristan, followed by Lana then Anson. I only put Lana second because I usually only play males or shemales, rarely a pure female.

Jazrae22

Lana is lovely!  Tristan seems very honorable. 

I like playing pure females or pure men turned into pure females, but I'm okay playing either sex.  I have a weird relationship with shemales.  I don't mind playing one, and I can see myself becoming one IRL, but I don't want to be WITH one, even in fantasy.

Irilinquent

Yeah, totally understandable. I've been told I play a bad pure female, which is why I put Tristan over Lana.

Though in my mind, he's not really that kind of "boring" honorable. As much as possible, he tries to preach his deity's word, but he doesn't miss out on flirting with a pretty face. Or more, heh.

Jazrae22

Sounds fun!  I guess it's all in the hands of our prospective GM now. :)

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Jazrae22 on July 07, 2016, 05:32:19 PM
Hey eternaldarkness!

I like small, enthusiastic groups too!  Maybe just two or three willing and focused players?

So far as campaign theme/mood, I'm pretty good with a standard D&D fantasy world.  I'll play Ravenloft, but I'm not much into horror.  I like exploration interesting places, solving mysteries and defeating bad guys!  Even a little political intrigue to sate our social appetites too.

I would put Exporation first, then Interaction, and then Combat.  I like a good battle, but not a boring hack-n-shash campaign.  I want my character to grow as a person as they carve out their legend.  A little humor is fun but not a parody or farce.  Romance never goes amiss, so long as it's not a hump-fest. 

I like a GM who is creative and able to improvise.  Someone who will look at my character's goals, ideals, bonds and trickets as jumping off points for adventures, drama and conflict.  A visual writer who uses pictures, maps and memorable NPCs. 

I like to start at 1st level and really build my character's story and their reputation as we move from a village to a town to a city to the capital, then who knows?  Another dimension.

I hope we can work together!

-Jaz

It sounds like our preferred styles align well. For campaign settings, i rarely use a published campaign, though I may steal elements from them that I like. As for your characters, choose the ones you two would most enjoy, but i will give my .02 there - i really like Corra and Tristan the most. But again, choose the ones you want! I have already thought of great story hooks for most of them.

Irilinquent

Then I think I shall go right ahead and stick with Tristan.

I hope no one thinks of him as one of those preachy guys always saying "God bless you!" or anything. He's more of a roguish personality and a charmer, and prefers to act out the words of his god than talk about it.

Jazrae22

Corra it is!  I was very interested to see how I would go about playing a 'religious barbarian.'  Rather than growing up in a church, I figure she was raised by the tribe's shaman, maybe his/her daughter?  Since she'll probably follow a more 'naturalistic' god, I could even see some tension between her and Tristan.  I'll work up her character sheet soon. 

Should we use a fillable PDF, or a text-based character sheet?  I have both.

eternaldarkness

Text-based is preferred, and i'm not picky about the exact format as long as it's easy to read.

Irilinquent

Tristan Lewis Character Sheet

His spellsheet

Let me know if you're not pleased with it.

Oh right, the password to view it is my username Irilinquent.

Edit: Also, just curious, how would we handle sex scenes between PC/NPC? I assume it'd be a mostly fade-to-black, clean approach, since I saw in Jazrae's Intro thread that she prefers that, if it even happens at all, of course. I just want to be clear on things and expectations.

Jazrae22

Quote from: Irilinquent on July 08, 2016, 06:49:55 AM
Also, just curious, how would we handle sex scenes between PC/PC or PC/NPC?

:-[

Irilinquent

Jazrae22

;D

I was mostly just playing.  When I saw 'PC/PC' I got to thinking, 'What does Irilinquent have in mind?!'

Thank you for acknowledging my preferences.  I'm not averse to a romantic liaison between PCs, so long as it's properly motivated.  A little foreplay and heavy petting can be fun, but fade-to-black is preferred for the 'bizness.'

Jazrae22

Corra's basic text-based sheet.  I have it on PDF as well if you want.  More detailed background will follow soon.  Forgot my background generation book at home. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Character Name: Corra Farborne   |    Player: JazRae22   |     Height:  2'11"
             Race: Lt-foot Halfling |    Gender: Female     |     Weight:  38 lbs
  Class and Level: Barbarian 1      |       Age: 20         | Hair Color:  Blonde
       Background: Acolyte          |      Size: Small      | Hair Style:  Long
        Alignment: Good             |Handedness: Right      |  Eye Color:  Blue
Experience Points: 0/300            |     Speed: 25 ft      | Skin Color:  Light
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Ability    |      |  Temporary   |    Hit Point Maximum:  14
      Score   Mod  | Save | Score   Mod  |
STR   15      +2  |  +4  |              |   Current Hit Points:  14
DEX   15      +2  |      |              |
CON   14      +2  |  +4  |              | Temporary Hit Points:  0
INT   13      +1  |      |              |
WIS   10       0  |      |              |       Total Hit Dice:  1d12+2
CHA    9      -1  |      |              |
INITIATIVE: Total  Dex   Misc    | DEATH   Successes: O--O--O
           :   +2 =  +2     0     | SAVES    Failures: O--O--O
           Total        Armor  Shld  Dex   Con   Misc
  AC  :     14      =    10           +2    +2   

Armor: Unarmored              Weight: 0 lbs

Base    Total   Prof   Str   Misc | Base    Total   Prof   Dex   Misc
Melee :   +4  =  2     +2         | Range :  +4   =   2    +2       

Weapon: Battleaxe               Weight: 4 lbs
   Move Name    Type    Atk   Damage    Range   Type       Special
   1-Handed    |Melee | +4  | 1d8+2  |   -    | Slashing |
   2-Handed    |Melee | +4  | 1d10+2 |   -    | Slashing |

Weapon: Javelin (x4)             Weight: 2 lbs
   Throw       |Ranged| +4  | 1d6+2  | 30/120 | Piercing |
   Attack      |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  |   -    | Piercing |

Weapon: Handaxe (x2)             Weight: 2 lbs
   Attack      |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  |   -    | Slashing | Light
   Off-hand    |Melee | +4  | 1d6    |   -    | Slashing | Light
   Throw       |Melee | +4  | 1d6+2  | 20/60  | Slashing | Light

[+2] Proficiency Bonus

SKILLS
STR
[+2] ___ Athletics (Str)

DEX
[+2] ___ Acrobatics (Dex)
[+2] ___ Sleight of Hand (Dex)
[+2] ___ Stealth (Dex)

INT
[+1] ___ Arcana (Int)
[+1] ___ History (Int)
[+1] ___ Investigation (Int)
[+1] ___ Nature (Int)
[+3] _x_ Religion (Int)

WIS
[ 0] ___ Animal Handling (Wis)
[+2] _x_ Insight (Wis)
[ 0] ___ Medicine (Wis)
[ 0] ___ Perception (Wis)
[+2] _x_ Survival (Wis)

CHA
[-1] ___ Deception (Cha)
[+1] _x_ Intimidation (Cha)
[-1] ___ Performance (Cha)
[-1] ___ Persuasion (Cha)

OTHER PROFICIENCIES:               | LANGUAGES:
Light & Medium Armor               | Common
Simple & Martial Weapons           | Halfling
                                    | Dwarf
                                    | Giant
       |__CP__|__SP__|__EP__|__GP__|__PP__|
MONEY |      |      |      |  10  |      |
       |      |      |      |      |      |
GEAR (Weight): Backpack, Bedroll, Mess kit, Tinderbox, Torches (10), Rations (10,
Waterskin, Hemp Rope (50 ft), Common clothes, Belt pouch, Holy totem (Torm),
Healer's kit, Religious headdress

TRINKETS: A small silver bell without a clapper

TOTAL WEIGHT: xx lbs
LOAD: Light (STRx5)   Medium (STRx10) Heavy/Max (STRx15)  Lift/Push/Drag (STRx30)
        75 lbs          150 lbs         225 lbs             450 lb
MAGIC ITEMS

PERSONALITY TRAITS
I've enjoyed the good life befitting my shaman's station. 
Rough living grates on me.
                      IDEALS
I hope to one day become a holy warrior of Torm.
                      BONDS
I would die to recover an ancient relic of Torm that was lost long ago.
                      FLAWS
Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of
everything else in my life.
                      FEATURES AND TRAITS
+ Rage (2 per long rest, lasts 10 rounds)
  - ADV on STR checks & saves
  - +2 STR-based damage
  - RES to bludgeoning, piercing & slashing damage

+ Lucky – Rerol natural 1s, but must take new roll.

+ Brave – ADV vs. frighten

+ Naturally Stealthy – Can attempt to hide when obscured by a creature at least
once size larger.

+ Small size – Move through the space of a larger creature.

+ Unarmored defense – AC=10+DEX Mod+CON Mod

+ Shelter of the Faithful (Torm)

BACKGROUND

Irilinquent

Hey, no worries.

We all have limits and things we don't like.

Anyway, I didn't have anything in mind, more of a precaution than anything else.

Also should we wait and see if we can get one more player or is this enough?