Has anyone played any good video games lately?

Started by Music is life, July 20, 2013, 06:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

I got Borderlands 2 GOTY gifted to me from a friend. Other than that, I'm broke for the sale anyway.

King Serperior

Quote from: scribus1000 on June 19, 2014, 09:32:55 PM
I can do alright, but don't ask me to fly street-level or do any bridge stunts anytime soon.

The other day I was watching a Let's Play of GTA 5 on Youtube...one of the players screwed up, somehow flipped his Cargobob upside down and exploded on a bridge.
That sounds about like how I fly planes.  >_>;

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

scribus1000

They did have some good pilots though, one of them was able to land a large jet on a road and then take off. Probably only worked because no cars spawned.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Zeth on June 19, 2014, 08:09:43 PM
Exactly! THAT is probably the real reason no one has made a sequel. The first was just so awesome they can't really top it.

Wow...I really want to do a Psychonauts rp now...lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

MiraMirror

Psychonauts was an amazing game, and it's one of the reasons I wish I still had my PS2.

Good video games...Dungeon Fighter Online is a great game, and I'm so happy that Neople's bringing it back to America. I just...need to last the few months it'll take them to update our client to something halfway recent...Hnnnnngh...
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Chris Brady

My brother got me One Finger Death Punch.  It's...  Really kinda cool.  It's a timing based fighter...  I fully recommend it.   It's on sale for 2.50USD right now.  It is however, a single player game.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

KitsuneKisses

Just beat Borderlands 2. Great game though things get a little twisted during the second half.

Now that I beat the above game I am now playing Skyrim again, want to beat it a second time around using a Magus Summoner. Never used magic much so this is going to be fun. And for the computer Minecraft and Gnomoria.

CaptainNexus616

If they haven't patched this unlimted level up glitch I suggest you go and get the Oghara Infinium in Skyrim.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

KitsuneKisses

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 21, 2014, 01:42:07 PM
If they haven't patched this unlimted level up glitch I suggest you go and get the Oghara Infinium in Skyrim.

*Goes to look that up.*

Tsenta

They patched it in the last patch. But with legendary skill setting, you can just grind smithing over and over tow earn perk points.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Aiden

Been playing FTL lately, that game has its highs and lows. The worst is when you make it to the end with a great ship idea and the federation flag ship bitch slaps you.

Picke up Banished on a Flash Sale, lots of fun but the game feels "too real" since you can follow your workers from birth to death. My inner story teller likes keeping tabs on my townspeople.

Inkidu

I just can't play FTL. I don't think it's a great game. It's average to good. It's more a success for crowd-funding rather than the return of roguelikes into the modern gaming lexicon. It's too random, and not in the same way that Roguelikes are random. It's more about finding the Golden Run (or getting lucky enough to have one) than overcoming the random challenges presented on generation of the game. It's more like it forces you to fight that random uberbeast you'd find upon occasion and instead of being able to run from it, you're forced to fight it. If you run it just makes you weaker for the next fight.

The unstable equilibrium of the game is just way too much for me, and, like you said, the Flagship pretty much requires a few select builds per ship layouts to beat. It pretty much runs anathema to the concepts the rest of the game ran on. That's worse than the randomness. It's basically one giant luck-based mission, and the developers are just fine with that. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Davion

I agree with Indiku on all points, but that said i've still played/love the hell out of FTL. Advanced edition is craaazy hard now.

Otherwise I grabbed the Civ V collection for all the expansions. ermagherd, that game got so vastly improved by Brave New World.
Still need to beat Watch Dogs so I can forget about it... Witcher 2 need to start. Curse you steam sale.

Inkidu

Quote from: Davion on June 23, 2014, 07:03:23 AM
I agree with Indiku on all points, but that said i've still played/love the hell out of FTL. Advanced edition is craaazy hard now.

Otherwise I grabbed the Civ V collection for all the expansions. ermagherd, that game got so vastly improved by Brave New World.
Still need to beat Watch Dogs so I can forget about it... Witcher 2 need to start. Curse you steam sale.
I like it, I just can't play it. It's not healthy for me. :\

I don't get enough privacy to play the Witcher 2.  :-[
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

MiraMirror

My friend just gifted me a copy of Torchlight 2, and already, we've gotten a mod compilation and two other mods. How dare the game tell me that I can't equip two polearms at once?! I'll fix that! >:3

Oreo

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Inkidu

Quote from: Oreo on June 23, 2014, 08:07:24 AM
Woot, another Torchlight fan. ;D
I got the first one when GoG gave it out for free. It's fun, and I like that you get a ferret.

(Inkidu likes ferrets)

Oreo

Quote from: Inkidu on June 23, 2014, 08:10:00 AM
I got the first one when GoG gave it out for free. It's fun, and I like that you get a ferret.

(Inkidu likes ferrets)
It's my go to game when I just want to hack and slash everything in sight...with intermittent fishing trips.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Davion

Quote from: Inkidu on June 23, 2014, 08:10:00 AM

(Inkidu likes ferrets)

I have two ferrets!

Jusey1

Games I've played within the last week:

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Minecraft
Rock Band 3.

My newest addition to my game-collection was:
Fallout 3 (GOTY Edition).

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Jusey1

Quote from: Oniya on June 23, 2014, 12:33:51 PM
Vanilla or Modded?

Vanilla on Xbox 360 version (obviously).

PC, I played on Minecraft 1.2.5 and modded.

V1.2.5 is my favorite version so far honestly so I stick with it. Did tried to play 1.6, 1.7, etc but wasn't too happy about a good bit of changes in both mods and the main game. Though I do tend to do a bit of my own modding on 1.2.5 to get things how I want it but have issues at time. I'm not an expert with the coding of Minecraft and only figured out so much.

MiraMirror

Quote from: Oreo on June 23, 2014, 08:07:24 AM
Woot, another Torchlight fan. ;D
Well, yesterday was my first time playing, but I must say, I enjoyed it. I'm playing it modded, so I'm using a Barbarian dual-wielding polearms, because polearms are awesome.

Oreo

I'm more the sword melee, fireball throwing type. I couldn't put the game down when I got it.

Dice

Race the sun is my addiction right now. I am getting dam good at it too. Other than that, Xcom... You stole my life...