A Futuristic Song of Ice & Fire ~ Recruitment Open

Started by Primarch, October 27, 2013, 03:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athos

Hmm both have their merits but I'm going to vote Post-Targaryen.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Primarch

Well that's 4 to 1, and if I was to throw in a vote I'd be going Post-Targaryen myself, which would make it 5 to 1. So I believe we'll go with Post-Targaryen.

The game shall be set directly after Robert's Rebellion. The Targaryen Dynasty that have ruled the Seven Systems for three centuries has now been extinguished and there is a new King whom many call 'Usurper,' times are tense and everything is uncertain!

I'll set up a Character Sheet now. If there's any other questions you have or suggestions you care to make, I'm still open to ideas.

Primarch

Character sheet is in OP. The game will be set in 283 AL, if you need to reference date.

Primarch

Couple of things for while you are all (hopefully) generating characters.

1) I've put a list of the Houses in the opening post, if you want to express interest in which house you want to play I can put it up so we'll know who/what we have.

2) When finding an image for appearance I would appreciate it if people used images of live actors/models but feel free to use an image of someone in either futuristic or medieval/period attire. While someone might wear a uniform similar to something from Battlestar Galactica on a ship when in the comfort of a Space Station they might resort to 'traditional' Highborn attire.

Riven

Name: Cerenna (called also ‘The Scarlet Widow’, but not very loud)
House: Lannister
Current Place of Residence: Casterly Rock
Family: Lucion (husband, deceased), Tygett (son), Jeyne (daughter-in-law), Daven, Genna, Joanna (grandchildren)

Appearance: 

Weapons: A walking stick with adjustable length. It is made of GMO ebony, but engraved lengthwise with gold and with big, grinded ruby as a knob.
Armor: ‘Courtesy is a lady’s armor’
Skills:

Wisdom of the Elders – Cerenna had long, eventful life behind her, was everywhere and experienced everything so nothing really can surprise her.

Diplomacy&intrigues
– spending all her life on a court, she knows what to do to achieve her goals and has a wide spy network, which gathers information for her.

Persuasion – so strong-willed as she is, Cerenna doesn’t have troubles with convincing people. A mixture of truth, lies and sometimes subtle intimidates can make wonders.

Histrionics – when she needs to, she can act as a helpless geezer and kindly granny. On the other side, Cerenna controls her facial expression, so others have serious troubles to guess, what she is thinking now.

Weaknesses: Being an old lady, Cerenna isn’t now so physically fit as she was in her youth. When it comes to the fight, she is practically defenseless. The Scarlet Widow isn’t very familiar with military – she has people who do this for her. She is also sometimes easy to irritate and lacks patience towards stupidity and incompetence. With troubles with accepting criticism and very little sense of humor, she could be seen as a grumpy hag. Cerenna has also tendencies to ignore others feelings if she only can to achieve her goals. One little peculiarity – she hates having her hands dirty and cleans them very often or wears gloves.

Personality: Cerenna is an authoritarian of the Lannister House. She knows everything about what’s going on in the Westerworlds. Whole her life is devoted to the one thing – making her family the greatest power in the whole Seven Systems. To achieve this goal she won’t avoid before doing necessaries, even if that hurts her relatives. Though, she loves her family, even while she can’t express this genuine. She is proud, but also very pragmatic and sometimes even cruel. As a true Lannister, Cerenna always pays her debts. Those who failed or betrayed her, have to meet with her revenge, but on the other side, she is very protective and generous for those, who pleased her.

History: As it went among Lannisters, at the age of 18, Cerenna had to marry her cousin, Lucion, to preserve purity (and continuation) of the House. They were rather successful pair – mostly because the future Lord learnt quickly to trust his wife, as much smarter, though being only a woman. After two years, Cerenna gave birth to Tygett, but soon it was clear, that he hadn’t inherited intellect after mother. Saying that she was disappointed was like saying nothing – the son appeared to be her greatest failure. To her further frustration, after serious illness, she became unable bear more children.

Times of reigns of Cerenna and Lucion were assumed to be the greatest years of Lannister’s history. Sadly, the old Lord died in 268 AL due to a massive infarct. Tygett expected that his mother would leave in shadow as a modest widow, giving him a free rein. Furious Cerenna didn’t even think about, but she had to retreat – at least in public. Instead she devoted herself to her grandchildren education, hoping that one of them would make a proper heir of the House – skilled enough to bring Lannisters on the position they’d always deserved.

Personal motto: 'I’ll make our House the greatest – you want it or not.
My on's/off's thread. - currently under reconstruction.

Primarch

Well the good news is that we have one character in. On the other side Barbara has withdrawn her interest and kckolbe has been castrated? Didn't see that one coming. Is that a temp ban? I'm not 100% on that.

Athos

Quote from: Primarch on November 02, 2013, 09:07:07 PM
Well the good news is that we have one character in. On the other side Barbara has withdrawn her interest and kckolbe has been castrated? Didn't see that one coming. Is that a temp ban? I'm not 100% on that.

My understanding is that those who are castrated can still post in most of the forums, they just loose the ability to read profiles and PM's and stuff like that. *shrugs* I am working on a CS, hopefully it should be in sometime tomorrow or Monday.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Primarch

Athos

Name: Ser Davnos Stormchaser
House: Landed Knight in service to House Greyjoy
Current Place of Residence:Lordsport City in the Iron Worlds System but he spends most of his time on board The Stormchaser
Family: None living

Appearance: 

Weapons: Ser Davnos generally uses a power sword and a rapid fire submachine gun when in combat, though occasionally he forgoes the use of his sidearm for that of a personal shield.

Armour: Ser Davnos armor is made up of pale blue ceramite plates trimmed in dark crimson. One his left shoulder, he bears the crest of House Greyjoy and on his right, the crest of his own house: A crimson phoenix. His helmet is also blue but when the HUD is activated, it’s eyes glow a dark crimson.

Skills: Ser Davnos is a competent warrior, skilled with the sword as well as being a decent shot with projectile weapons. He has a working knowledge of ground tactics and strategy, but it is in space where he really excels. Davnos is one of the best navigators in the Iron Worlds and has proven himself to be an exceptional commander as well.

Weaknesses: Davnos is a man of action with a reckless nature that often causes him to rush into situations without taking the time to think things through. He hates being cooped up in one place for too long and will often become agitated in any situation that requires him to stay in one place. He also has a hot temper, which sometimes gets away from him and causes him to do or say things that he otherwise would not have. As well, he has little interest or education in politics and can be somewhat naive when it comes to dealing with other nobles.

Personality: Davnos is equal parts pirate and knight. He has an inexhaustible yearn to explore and vastly prefers the bridge of his starship and the feel of his armour to the more traditional trappings of nobility. Not being highborn, Davnos has little in the way of prejudice towards those of the lower classes and is known for rewarding ability and good work no matter who it comes from. He has little use for politicking, instead preferring to allow his abilities to speak for themselves. That being said, Davnos is confident in himself almost to the point of arrogance. He had a tendency to be blind to the subtler nature of politics and the dangers that they pose. As well, he is a shameless womanizer and though he is unmarried it is rumored that he keeps a small harem of captured thrall women in his home. He is also has a hot temper which has caused him numerous problems and made him no small number of enemies.

History: Many of the details concerning Davnos’ early life is shrouded in  mystery. Sources seem to agree that he came from very humble origins. Rumors suggest that his mother was a “thrall” who had been captured during a raid outside of the Seven Systems and a thrall, working as a servant to a minor Noble House at the time of his birth. The identity of his father remains to this day, completely unknown. As a child, Davnos lived on the streets of Lordsport City where he survived by begging, pick pocketing and doing odd jobs.

At thirteen, Davnos lied about his age and enlisted in the fleet, determined to make his fortune out amongst the stars. For the next several years, he drifted from job to job and ship to ship but he never stopped yearning to do more. As he grew, Davnos demonstrated an inherent affinity for starships. By the time he was sixteen, he was running his own gunnery crew and by the time he turned eighteen, he was working as an operations officer on the bridge of Lord Greyjoy’s personal Destroyer.

It was here that Davnos came to the attention of the Lord of the Iron Worlds. After a particularly lucrative raid outside of the Seven Systems, Lord Greyjoy’s ship had been caught in the midst of an ion storm and was heavily damaged. Despite the fact that most of the navigational sensors were offline and the fact that several far more experienced officers had failed, Davnos was able to successfully navigate the ship out of the storm and back to the Iron Worlds. As the ship docked at Pyke, Lord Greyjoy knighted Davnos on the spot. He granted Davnos lands and title, as well as command of one of his destroyers, The Stormchaser, which Davnos would later choose as the name of his new knightly house.

Since then, Davnos has been several successful raids outside of the Seven Systems and amassed a small fortune in wealth and thralls. He is known for his unwavering loyalty to House Greyjoy, as well as being an exceptional ship’s commander. Recently, word has spread through the Iron Worlds that Ser Davnos is being groomed for bigger and better things. As such, Lord Greyjoy has recalled him from his raiding with the intention of sending him to the royal court at King’s Landing.

Primarch

I'm afraid I'm going to cancel this game. While my lack of updating here probably hasn't helped, even before that the game hasn't gotten the level of interest I was hoping for, the catch 22 being if I did get the interest it would probably require me to take on a co-admin.

Riven & Athos, thank you very kindly for taking interest and I apologise for wasting your time.