Changeling: the Lost

Started by ladia2287, September 02, 2015, 07:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladia2287

The year is 2030. For almost fifty years, the Freehold has known almost unparalleled peace. Loyalists and other risks have been few and far between. The events which kickstarted this peace are the stuff of legends, and those few Changelings still alive who were around at the time are treated with extreme reverence, even by the Monarchs.

But the peace was only supposed to last for fifty years, and the fiftieth anniversary is fast approaching. Older changelings wait with baited breath, remembering well the price they paid for such a long period of safety. All eyes are on the fabled location of a Demon's Gate which has been inactive this entire time, and the shrines which, according to legend, prevent it from opening.

I'll be playing this as a freeform game, with character sheet templates to come once I've put them together. You can play your own creation, or if you're game I have a couple of pre-genned characters available. (Note, if you're not playing a pre-genned character I will need extremely good justification if you want them to have been out of Arcadia for more than 35 years).

Pre-genned PC concepts (PM me if you're interested in playing one of these)

Sparrow: A Fae-Touched Mortal who was rescued from Arcadia at the age of eleven and subsequently adopted by the then-West King when it emerged that her natural parents were neglectful and abusive. She is now in her early sixties and is reasonably intelligent and compassionate, though very strong-willed at times.

Mr Masari: Was Autumn Monarch at the time that the peace started. Was offered the opportunity to join the Legates of the Black Apple, on the condition that he cut off all contact with his remaining mortal relative, his younger sister (whether he chose to agree to this or not can be up to you). Abdicated about five years later but still offers advice and training to Autumn Courtiers if requested. Is very talented at Onieromancy and is thought to possess an Onieroscope. Has Wyrd at 5 and Mantle at 5

Verethragna: Though he has been around since before the peace started, he has never joined a Court, though West have tried to recruit him multiple times. Considers himself to be a Protector of the Monarchs; whether requested or not he will always act as a bodyguard to whichever Monarch currently holds power. Extremely good at combat, and has Wyrd at 3.

Diana: A former Loyalist whom the Freehold thought to be a fresh escapee, about a year after the peace began. Took a Lifelong Pledge never to serve a Gentry after she began to be disillusioned with her Keeper. Joined the South Court and later became South Queen, with Wyrd at 3 and Mantle at 4

Anne Marie: A former Loyalist who befriended the then-Winter Queen, whose brutal murder triggered the sequence of events leading to the peace. Was instrumental in the negotiations. Left her Keeper and pledged to the Freehold shortly after. Is now a member of the Winter Court, with Mantle at 4 and Wyrd at 2.

Clockwreck: A Summer Courtier and talented Pledgesmith. Joined the Freehold about fifteen years into the peace and is always willing to help craft pledges, so long as he is paid. Usually requires payment to be in the form of obscure items normally only available from goblin merchants. Has both Wyrd and Mantle at 2.

So that's the pre-generated PCs. Of course, you're more than welcome to come up with your own. PM me with your concepts or if you're interested in taking any of the above, and I'll get off my arse and try to put together a character sheet template :)

ladia2287

Drumroll please! I have a character sheet template for you. Please fill this out and PM to me.

Note that as I'm running this as a Sandbox game, I'm forgoing the traditional dots and character creation requirements however over-powered characters will still not be approved unless we're talking one of the the pre-generated PCs or you have already discussed it with me and I have said okay.

Character name:

Time since escape:

Seeming:

Kith:

Appearance: (Can use images if preferred)

Court:

Mantle:

Wyrd:

Personality:

Background/History: (Include information about your Human Identity as applicable).

Contracts:

Any other information:

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

wander

I'd be super interested in playing Mr. Masari if this gets going. :)

nailcrosser

Glad to see another shot at Changeling, Ladia. Was sad the last game fizzled. I'm tempted to make a fresh character but I may just tweak the old one.

ladia2287

Yeah, I thought I'd give it another shot

ladia2287

Still seeking interested parties

Senti

I am interested very much so.

wander

Still holding the interest as stated upthread. :)

Senti

I would like to make my own character.

ladia2287

Quote from: wander on October 07, 2015, 07:08:31 PM
Still holding the interest as stated upthread. :)

Awesome. Feel free to put together a character sheet based on the template above and PM it to me

Quote from: Senti on October 09, 2015, 09:31:53 AM
I would like to make my own character.

Sure thing. Character sheet template is at the top of the thread. Fill it out and shoot it to me via PM to look over :D

Senti

wander

I was interested in playing Mr. Masari, if possible btw.

ladia2287

Yep. Still put together a character sheet and PM it to me :)

ladia2287

I haven't received one single character sheet for this game. I'm going to give it a few more days and if still no one has sent me anything I'm going to close the game