[Var-E]Vampires wanted for Hellsing RP

Started by The Great Triangle, August 26, 2008, 04:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

I've been setting up a small group Hellsing RP, and I'm currently looking for a few good players to play as some of the antagonist vampires for the game.  The basic premise of the game is the conflict between a vampire hunting vampire and his reluctant protege, and a cybernetically enhanced nun, with crazy nihilistic vampires forming a sort of third axis.

It will be a fairly action based RP with a few chances for sex (like for example if someone wanted to play a vampire couple who get their jollies through mass murder.)

Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Far eyes

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

The Great Triangle

The anime Hellsing, which is essentially Bram Stoker's Dracula anime-ified.

Vampires are dangerous monsters who can trigger a zombie apocolypse if they feed carelessly.  Normally they survive as solitary, honorable predators, but sometimes, they act stupid.  The Hellsing organization deals with the stupid vampires.

As far as powers go, all but the absolute weakest vampires can recover from fatal wounds, and more powerful vampires can regenerate from a smear on the wall.  Transformation is essentially the ultimate vampire power, but many vampires also focus on super speed or fantastic strength.  Vampires are weak against holy symbols, and holy objects in particular.  Sunlight is a problem for weak vampires, but not for older ones.  A vampire can go a very very long time without drinking blood, although it causes him or her to get weaker.

Ons and Offs

Far eyes

My question was more to the fact of game system.

You mentioned combat and while I like free form I once long ago wowed to never again do combat in one ever again. So I am asking if you are using one

What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

The Great Triangle

Most likely not, or very possibly Tri Stat.  Given the nature of the protagonists, tying them to an RPG system would be difficult, since they have the ability to regenerate from any wound and a somewhat arbitraty level of combat ability.  (essentially defined as however much the plot requires.)  In Hellsing, it's not really the outcome of combat that's interesting, but the situations and characterization in and around the fights.

(The main reason for this is that Alucard, the main character, is a true immortal, but wishes to die.  Therefore, most of the time during battle, he just stands around getting torn to shreds until he finally concludes that his opponent can't kill him, at which point he generally breaks them psychologically before killing them.)

This isn't exactly easy to represent in an RPG, although I might give it a go with RISUS.

Ons and Offs

Shadow's Kiss

is it always best to stir the fire? To say yes its mine, then to walk away in denial? The fire is you, or is it me. or is it just apart of a feeling left....to be left alone.