Marvel's Defenders: Street-Level Heroes (Started, but room for more!)

Started by Mathim, April 07, 2016, 09:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

I'd say it's an easy thing to forget considering he doesn't look a day over 30. But it will be fun to write him grudgingly accepting that it's just a thing and he has to deal with it lol.

Mathim

Well, that can also create conflict in the group, them mistrusting him if they think he's a bit too much like 'one of them'.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Juggtacular

Very true. This is gong to be fun once it really gets going.

Sirian Eve

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Mathim

If you want to double-up as one of the villainous mastermind's vassals, that can be arranged. Just PM me and I'll see if any of them catch your eye. I'm also open to suggestions if you think a particular villain would fit well within a story like this.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Sirian Eve

Deathnote

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 12, 2016, 07:41:22 PM
While he's kept things sort of close to his chest, Mathim made it seem like Blade is at least partially aware of whats coming, and is trying to gather help. Frank would be a big help, as he's one of the most baddest of "normal" asses New York has to offer. Maybe he and Daredevil have met previously and he convinced him? Or he could show up as Blade and Frank are leaving and they have to work things out or explain to Matt just what's happening?

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want Frank taking more shots at him lol.
Quote from: Mathim on April 12, 2016, 08:15:30 PM
I maybe should have mentioned but I had planned for Whistler and Stick to have at least got open communication between them, so vicariously Matt would easily have access to most of the information Blade's team does. It would be up to him whether to agree with how they plan to do things, though.

Sounds like a plan.  I'll try and get a post up by tomorrow night.  ^_^

Mathim

Cool. I'm exhausted so I'm going to retire for the night. Once most everyone is ready to let the real event happen, we'll kick off with a bang.

RubySlippers

Player Name: Rubyslippers
Character Name/Alias: Carolyne Smith/Cuffs
Orientation: Lesbian
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible): tbd
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: Backpack and Cuffs unleash a entrapping goo at range and she is very proficient in this weapon system. Protective clothing resistant to the good and acts as Kevlar armor. Expert in aikido. Motorcycle with armor and solid tires. Counter good spray in costume in case its needed. Athletic.
Established Relationships (where applicable): None
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla Sex. Mild Bondage and Discipline
Absolute No-Nos: No rape, scat, pee, sex with men and violent sexuality.

Yes she IS a Marvel character was with the Thought Police you didn't say characters had to be major street heroes.

Mathim

Quote from: RubySlippers on April 13, 2016, 12:38:56 PM
Player Name: Rubyslippers
Character Name/Alias: Carolyne Smith/Cuffs
Orientation: Lesbian
Appearance (Real-world face claim and comic book image if possible): tbd
Brief summary of abilities/Skills: Backpack and Cuffs unleash a entrapping goo at range and she is very proficient in this weapon system. Protective clothing resistant to the good and acts as Kevlar armor. Expert in aikido. Motorcycle with armor and solid tires. Counter good spray in costume in case its needed. Athletic.
Established Relationships (where applicable): None
Desired Ons/Wishlist: Vanilla Sex. Mild Bondage and Discipline
Absolute No-Nos: No rape, scat, pee, sex with men and violent sexuality.

Yes she IS a Marvel character was with the Thought Police you didn't say characters had to be major street heroes.

No, they don't, in fact the lesser known and more amateur-level the better. She sounds almost like a female, good-guy version of Trapster/Paste Pot Pete. I assume the spray you mention is the antidote to her sticky goo in case there's any backsplash or friendly fire on her allies? I tried to look her up but even the Marvel wiki had little to no information on her, particularly about her powers. But if the armor and goo launchers are her normal gear, that fits in fine. She can keep the motorcycle, but nobody really needs a specialized vehicle unless mobile combat will be taking place, but I don't plan on having that happen, at least not right now. Transportation will just be for retreating/fleeing or getting to where you're going. Welcome aboard!

Life in Color

Hello!

I am dropping a claim down for Patsy Walker!

<3

“I’ve fought a lot of devils - outside and inside. And while we’re bonding, I love what you’ve done with your hair. So now that we’re buds, I’ll be goin’.”

Faceclaim: Ebba Zingmart

Player Name: Life in Color
Character Name: Patricia Walker
Nicknames: Patsy, Trish, Tricia
Alias: Hellcat
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 135 lbs
Orientation: Bi-Curious
Occupation: Radio Talk Show Host – “Trish Talk”, Waitress, Barista 

Desired Ons/Wishlist: See here!
Absolute No-Nos: See here!

Background: (WIP)

Patsy didn’t have too terrible of a childhood until she became a child actress – and then her life only took a turn for the worse because her mother, Dorothy, couldn’t handle the fame. Other than trying to sell novelizations of her daughter’s life, Dorothy also wandered down the abusive route when it came to Patsy. Seeking more fame, Dorothy adopted Jessica Jones, an orphan at the time, and raised the two girl. The girls didn’t get along at first, but trauma breeds survivors and Jessica became Patsy’s protector within the household, keeping Patsy safe from their mother until they were old enough to move out on their own.

Free from a career of acting and her mother’s oppressive presence, Patsy took her skills and became a radio talk show host, eventually moving up to have own show, “Trish Talk”. Radio stardom isn’t what it used to be, however, and Patsy also works part-time as a waitress and part-time as a barista.

Continuing to work in New York has forced Patsy to learn a few things here and there, and the woman is a passable martial artist, although nowhere on the level as the other heroes who lucked out and got abilities that augment their current states, Patsy was gifted her own kind of magic. A suit of blue and yellow that shifts to whatever Patsy’s whims want it to be. The suit is also equipped with Patsy’s main weapons, claws, and imbue her with the abilities that earn her the –Cat section of her superhero alias.

The term “hellcat”, on the streets, was usually tied to a definition of a woman that was meant to belittle her or make the woman feel like they were doing something overly aggressive – and it was a term that sometimes showed up a lot on the review boards for Patsy’s radio show. So, the first time she worked with her local heroes, Patsy chose the name “Hellcat”.

Relationships (WIP)

Jessica Jones -

Misty Knight -

Powers

Without the suit, Patsy is your average girl. She’s not Superhuman, or Inhuman, or a Mutant, or a charity case of any sort. The suit, however, is a magic thing that has bonded to Patsy and appears around her body at will, in whatever kind of fashion she wants it to be.

While wearing the suit, Hellcat possesses a high level of agility and a heightened sense of sight – you could say she gets… catty. Along with this set of basic powers, Hellcat’s hands and feet end in steel-edges claws that you probably don’t want to be on the receiving end of.

Abilities

Charisma: Patsy runs her own radio show and dabbles in the low-paying side of the customer service industry. As such, she’s had to learn how to keep the ears of everyone she talks to interested.

Intelligence: She’s not college-educated or anything, but Patsy is far from dumb.

Martial Artist: A natural bi-product of living in New York, it seems.

Beauty: If Patsy hasn’t had to work for anything, it’s her good looks. From an early age, Patsy has been considered “beautiful” and was casted as a child actress – a career she changed out for being a radio show host.

Lithium

Ooh awesome, now Jess has a Patsy! And she's so cute too! :3

Life in Color

Quote from: Lithium on April 13, 2016, 05:32:56 PM
Ooh awesome, now Jess has a Patsy! And she's so cute too! :3

Toss me a PM, or I'll toss you one.

And we can do some relationship plotting.

:D

Sirian Eve

Lady Lunarius

What is the requested posting speed for this game? I try to be a once a week poster, more if possible. Also is Echo still available?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Mathim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 15, 2016, 08:08:46 PM
What is the requested posting speed for this game? I try to be a once a week poster, more if possible. Also is Echo still available?

Depends on how connected and important your character is. I'd say once or twice a week (if reliable) is fine. And yes, Echo is still available as far as I can recall.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Mathim on April 15, 2016, 08:16:56 PM
Depends on how connected and important your character is. I'd say once or twice a week (if reliable) is fine. And yes, Echo is still available as far as I can recall.

Okies. I should be able that one! ^_^ I'm going to look into it a bit more before I put a hands down interest! ^_^ Don't wanna waste your time. Mind if I harass you with PM questions eventually?
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Mathim

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on April 15, 2016, 08:20:43 PM
Okies. I should be able that one! ^_^ I'm going to look into it a bit more before I put a hands down interest! ^_^ Don't wanna waste your time. Mind if I harass you with PM questions eventually?

Almost everyone has so far, and we're still going, so fire away.

Sirian Eve

Sirian Eve

Life in Color

Mathim

Wow, never thought we'd fill that role! Welcome aboard, Moon Knight!

ShadowFox89

I'm interested, and wondering how well an "Unkillable" character would work out at street level. No superpowers beyond being very long lived and able to regenerate from any injury.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lithium

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 18, 2016, 02:11:17 PM
I'm interested, and wondering how well an "Unkillable" character would work out at street level. No superpowers beyond being very long lived and able to regenerate from any injury.

I think it's canon characters only at the moment, if you were thinking about an OC.

ShadowFox89

Ah, pity. I'm not much a fan of playing a canon character, playing with someone else built and all that. If it ever opens to OC, let me know.
Call me Shadow
My A/A