X-men: Imagination - Sandbox - Recruiting Open - Students now Welcome

Started by Alias, November 09, 2017, 11:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alias

We've got lots of players, but we need fresh blood! Big Game Status incoming. Don't let the size of the thread scare ya off.

It’s a wild world out there. Volcanoes in Colombia are getting all biblical, route 66 is just, like, gone, kids are destroying their brains in front of nintendo machines and televisions, humans are mutating into superheroes, and chimpanzee’s are learning sign language. What a time to be alive! All jokes aside, though...

The mutant conflict really is the center of most discussions; mostly because they’re at each other’s throats. And when superheroes fight each other, bad stuff tends to happen. There is a triangular conflict in the world that super sucks, and reverberates through the entire population. Quietly, the ‘evolution of humanity’ has been picking up speed since the 1940’s. There was the founding of Charles Xavier’s school for the gifted in 1975, and the emergence of Erik Lehnsherr as Magneto in ‘79, the world has begun to cyclone into, like, total madness. Mutants hate other mutants. So, one half of the governments, and the senates, and stuff… They are trying to get along, working with Professor Xavier, and making peace. The rest are just, all about killing Magneto and the rest of us. Then, even regular people argue about it. No one can really agree, ya know.

Anyway. That’s the big picture stuff. I guess we’re really here more to focus on our path. We all have a journey that we’re on. It may not feel important yet, but in this world, it probably will be. There are a lot of us, now. what you all know as x-men. And, you might have these big ideas about how to use your powers and help out. You can; and like i said, probably will. Try not to think about the big picture stuff. Because, that changes. The things directly in front of you, that’s the stuff. That is where some mallrat from LA can become a hero. A well dressed, and still ultra cute hero.

Welcome! Let’s all thank Jubes for the commencement speech. If you missed any of that, or if it was too stylized to make any sense, I like the idea of having heroes acomplishing big things.

So I present an X-men RP with no walls.

Almost all characters are acceptable as long as they aren't omega level mutants. This is a frantic AU set in 1987 with tensions boiling all over the world. And a lot of classic X-men plots are happening at the same time. In Character urgency is ramped up. Characters are currently being tested, challenged, and forced to act. OOC pressure on players scaled down significantly. I'm providing the space for heroic characters to go and save the planet. I'm also providing a Full mansion with all the bells and whistles. Internally, The mansion Roleplay is present. However, adventure is encouraged as well. Players are free to explore the entire planet, outerspace, other planets, and other planes of existence if the story makes sense. I am the Goddess of the world, providing NPC allies and all villains. Players are free to write villains, but it is slightly discouraged, and villanous PCs are not welcome. We are X-men here. If Squads form, they will be given their own little subgroup and individual threads to explore the world as a squad for days, weeks, or even months if they desire. The smaller groups are free to do solo scenes, move at their own pace, and interact freely among each other.

Groups are not permanent, I am not forcing groups to form (anymore, hehe). and these Squads of X-men are actually of the players' creations. They choose the missions, and can even write their own for me to implement. Clique's form naturally, this formalizes it in a fun way. If people want to mix around, or leave a group to join another. If they want to converge or combine forces. All of this is possible.

Also, it's the eighties, cheeky and fun is sort of encouraged.

Loves to all!
Thanks for reading!
Alias

Students are Now Welcome to Come Play!
Post Script...

Hello All! Up until recently, Student characters were discouraged for application. This has changed. Active Heroic X-Men characters will still work better. But, the new era is on. Students and Teachers are now welcome to join in on the fun and just hang out at the mansion. We have many new students (PC and NPC), and the mansion is full of life! As of now, Student and Teacher characters are not required to have class schedules. Xavier would expect this of characters. But I am not asking this from players yet. Any X-Man can take a class, or teach a class if it all adds up, logically. Older characters should not be students, and young people should not teach advanced collegiate lessons.

Notable Characters that are Vacant
(This is a list of interesting X-men that are currently not being used by anyone. Note: Original characters, characters from other Marvel comics, and Genderbent Characters are all allowed. And, there are many more X-Men available, I just thought that this list was very enticing!)
Angel
Armor
Aurora
Banshee
Bishop
Cable
Cloak & Dagger
Dazzler
Dust
Emma Frost
Forge
Gambit
Havok
Jubilee
Nightcrawler
Northstar
Pixie
Psylocke
Pyro
Quentin Quire
Rogue
Shadowcat
Spiral
Stacy-X
Storm
Wolverine
X-23

(All names are links)
(and zoom out to at least 125% on Chrome. Zoom out further if it doesn't look right)

X-MEN ON ROSTER

X-MEN STUDENTS

Blackout
Bridgette
Facade
Magma
Serenity
Siren
Wild Thing
Wolfsbane

CHARACTERS ON HIATUS
Angel
Ambulance
Aurora
The Cuckoos
Deadpool
Familiar
Firestar
Furnace
Icegirl
Ion
Livewire
Mirage
Outrider
Kara Mia
Qiang Nuo

Forbidden Characters
Erik Lehnsherr - Magneto - GM
Charles Xavier - GM
Mystique - GM
Madelyne Pryor - GM
Omega Mutants - Too powerful for game structure

GAME INFORMATION

Timeline
? ? ? - Mystique is born. Unknown origin
1918 - Charles Xavier is born (68 in 1986)
1927 - Madelyne Pryor is found as a three year old child, abandoned and without parents. (62 in 1986)
1933 - Erik Lehnserr is born (53 in 1986)
1947 - Henry McCoy is born (39 in 1986)
1959 - Jubilation Lee is born (27 in 1986)
1965 - Charles Xavier begins to reside in his family home. And begins to recruit young mutants with exceptional talent to live in his home. Erik, Mystique, and Hank McCoy are included among his friends.
1968 - Cerebro is constructed, and Xavier’s mansion begins construction on lower levels.
1974 - Construction is completed
1975 - (January, the coming fall is his first class)Xavier turns his home into “Xavier’s school for Gifted Youngsters”
1975 - (February) Erik Mystique, Hank, and Xavier arrive in Portugal. While protecting the city of Porto from a mutant with destructive capacity. Erik and Mystique reach a boiling point with the other two. Charles is left paralyzed, and loses two of his closest friends.
1976 - (March) Madelyne Pryor finds Magneto, brings along some friends, joins his cause and suggests some strategy to him
1976 - (April) Sabastian Shaw is relieved of his helmet, and Erik Lehnsherr finds a way to protect himself from Charles Xavier
1979 - The Brotherhood emerges in force when Magneto tries to steal nuclear warheads from a cache in Houston, Texas. Charles and his team stop this from happening.
1986 - (December 13th) A saturday. Game start
1986 - (December 16th) A Tuesday. Xavier sends four squads out on operations across North America.

The seven years between the penultimate and last note here are roth with minor skirmishes, the formation of x-men teams, the acquisition of mutants on both sides (Brotherhood and X-men). If anyone wants this time period to be filled out completely, I will, but a lot of it will revolve around things in Character Sheets, and the rest will likely never be referenced.

Rules and Regulations...

• Be respectful of other players.
  • Be respectful of other players.
  • If arguments must be had, please keep them out of the OOC.
  • Please PM me if someone is breaking either of the first two rules and I don't seem to notice. It means that I probably don't see it.
  • Three Characters per player.
  • Follow the Rules of Elliquiy.

Diligence and Duty...

• There will be more than ten missions available at any time. If left unnattended, the consequences of those events will unfold. PCs can accomplish missions OOC, if they work with me and we write up a solution to the plot, or another level to that plot. When this happens, the timeline will be updated, and the 'write-up' will go somewhere IC to reflect the story progression, even further down freedom road. If Missions are 'Accomplished Out of Character', scenes within that mission can still be planned out. Some of these operations are continuations of previous failures, Others are advanced situations from unnattended operations. And, in the sense of the game, all of them are happening at the same time. So, there's no way you'll be able to get to all of them. Also, there will be more. I got a few ideas from some other players in this game as they were becoming interested and building characters. If you haven't pitched me any ideas. Pitch me some ideas. With the sheer volume of different choices, you may not get around to the idea that you pitch, but depending on what you and your team decide on pursuing, you might get to see it right away!!
  • Maximum of six PCs in a squad
  • Jubilee and Beast will be under my control until some one wants them
  • Enlist your friends

X-men Information Report

Global political Climate:
Volatile, but no major wars between current countries. There is a quiet war of social agenda, Capotlism vs. Communism. Many of the smaller countries in the middle East, Africa, and South East Asia are fighting for independence, or quelling rebellions. The large powers in the world are funding and supporting these minor skirmishes. Many civil wars are raging, some as old as ten years into conflict. The Soviet war with Afghanistan is still teetering along, Irangate is happening with President Reagan in America. The European countries of France, Great Britain, and Italy are all involved with the Lebanese conflicts as well. All of this, as well as the major political issue of mutants in society.

Global response to Mutant population:
Leaning Pro Mutant. Great Britain has great admiration for the X-Men, and it is affecting the opinion of mutant kind around the world. In the United States, Japan, and France, mutants are seen as productive, and protected. In Spain, Germany, and Australia, mutant kind is starting to be treated fairly, but people are still skeptical. Italy, Greece, Egypt, Russia, India, China, and most other smaller countries do not support mutant kind. A few smaller countries support mutant kind,  others are somewhere in between, or unconcerned. There is a motion in the population of America to assist with the cure for mutants. Russia has recently swung heavily against mutantkind.

Brotherhood movements:
Magneto has been holed up in British Columbia. His forces have been collecting there. A recent espionage mission has given Xavier and the X-Men a significant amount of information. There are more mutants in his cause than previously assumed. His plans are as destructive as planned. Brotherhood agents are suddenly not so difficult to locate. Madelyne Pryor has likely been cloaking them. We fear for the worlds safety, as Magneto has been quiet for too long, and Xavier's people have likely been too busy for him to tolerate. Our only contact with him resulted in a strange tradeoff. Xavier is nervous to have all of Erik's children at the mansion. He does not fear a coupe, but something much much more dangerous.

CHARACTER SHEET
[float=right][center][img height=400 padding=5]main photo here (animated/real actor)[/img]
[img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][img height=100 padding=5]secondary photo[/img][/center][/float]

[b][u]BASIC INFO:[/u][/b]
[b]Legal Name:[/b]
[b]Codename/Nickname/Aliases:[/b]
[b]Citizenship and other legal info:[/b]
[b]Place of Birth:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b] (x-men is suggested by application, anything else?)
[b]Education:[/b]

[hr]
[b][u]PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:[/u][/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b] 1
[b]Hair color:[/b]
[b]Eye color:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]General Appearance:[/b] (differences from photos? description of body/face/clothing style)

[b][u]OTHER INFORMATION:[/u][/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b][u]STATS:[/u][/b] (distribute 40 points among the following stats. We won't be using a system, but I would like a fairly specific idea of what these characters are capable of in case we need a dice roll to solve something. Ten is max, 0-3 is poor, 4-6 is mediocre, 7-9 is exceptional.

[color=blue]Fighting:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Agility:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Strength: [/color] 00 - [color=blue]Endurance:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Reason:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Intuition:[/color] 00 - [color=blue]Psyche:[/color] 00

[u][b]POWERS:[/b][/u] (limit of total 'powers' is five for original characters. Basically, don't get silly with it.)
[i]POWER[/i] - (description of power)
[i]POWER[/i] - (description of power)

[u][b]ADVANTAGES:[/b][/u] (limit of total 'advantages' is ten for original characters. Examples of advantages: Noble, perceptive, knows multiple languages, brave, detail oriented, willful, charismatic, etc.
[i]ADVANTAGE[/i] - (description of advantage)

[b][u]DISADVANTAGES:[/b] (also known as character flaws. Wolverine is brutish and unfriendly, Cyclops can't use his eyes, Xavier can't walk, and Rogue can't touch anyone. All characters need flaws and shortcomings, torture your creation!! It's fun. Minimum of two for all characters, more is suggested.)
[i]DISADVANTAGE[/i] - (description of disadvantage)

[u][b]SKILLS:[/u] (limit of five for original characters. These are capabilities outside of advantages and powers. Trained skills that took practice and dedication to master. These will usually be referenced to in history below, since it's impossible to learn a skill without spending some time doing it.)
[i]SKILL:[/i] - (description of skill/ how it was learned/ or why it's important)
[i]SKILL:[/i] - (description of skill/ how it was learned/ or why it's important)

[b][u]HISTORY:[/u][/b]

(the story of your X-man)

[b][u]OTHER NOTES:[/u][/b] (anything else?)

RedPhoenix

80s X-Men?!?! Oh god I am so interested!!!!

Gonna sleep on who I can play as though. Ahhhhh excite! :D
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Orange Marmalade

Interest piqued!

Any characters or powers or anything off limits aside from the two mentioned?

Alias

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 10, 2017, 12:07:50 AM
80s X-Men?!?! Oh god I am so interested!!!!

Gonna sleep on who I can play as though. Ahhhhh excite! :D

Oooo! Hi love, happy to have ya!

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on November 10, 2017, 12:20:17 AM
Interest piqued!

Any characters or powers or anything off limits aside from the two mentioned?

Ahh yeet!
As of right now, not really. I figure that no one will try to write as Apocalypse. It should be said that all Omega level mutant characters will likely be rejected. If they are there, then I have to raise the scales right away, and then lower power mutants will have less to do. So yeah.

Omega level mutants are pretty much out of the question.
Thank you for the most excellent of inquiries, good man!

indarkestknight

I have always wanted the chance to write in a comics setting with you... *rubs chin thoughtfully*

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Alias

Quote from: indarkestknight on November 10, 2017, 01:02:33 AM
I have always wanted the chance to write in a comics setting with you... *rubs chin thoughtfully*

Hopefully, this works out well for everyone! I won't be controlling any specific PC though.

Quote from: la dame en noir on November 10, 2017, 01:08:58 AM
SHIT! 80s mohawk Storm!!!!

yay! Welcome!

Gilgameshian

You know, I always say I could use more X-Men RPs...Okay, I don't say that but I'm going to pretend I do and think about who could be cool to play.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Alias

Ooo! New faces too! Nice to meet you two! And welcome.
*Presents a pot of coffee and freshly boiled bagels*
If anyone has any questions or suggestions. I'm doing open door policy stuff for sure. I'm always available, here, or in pm.

Loves, and happy Friday!!

JamesSureWould

I keep saying I need less games....

Crap, who am I kidding? I'm in!

Alias

Quote from: JamesSureWould on November 10, 2017, 11:16:42 AM
I keep saying I need less games....

Crap, who am I kidding? I'm in!

Ruh ro! *Heart palpitations*
Jsw is here!

Doomsday

Wherever JSW and Alias go, I go, so consider me interested. Thinking Peter & Illyana Rasputin as my two characters ::)

Alias

Gilgameshian

Currently I'm thinking of either playing Julian Keller/Hellion or maybe a Genderbent Sage.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

RedPhoenix

Gawd there are so many choices I'm paralyzed by all the options! :D

Alias

Quote from: Gilgameshian on November 10, 2017, 11:41:05 AM
Currently I'm thinking of either playing Julian Keller/Hellion or maybe a Genderbent Sage.

Both very interesting characters, if anyone would like to brainstorm ideas with me, I'm happy to do that.

Also, I sort of enjoy hunting faceclaims, so if anyone is having trouble with that, I can be of service

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 10, 2017, 11:48:05 AM

Hehe. You're definitely not alone there.

JamesSureWould

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 10, 2017, 11:48:05 AM

Quote from: Alias on November 10, 2017, 11:50:05 AM
Hehe. You're definitely not alone there.

No you are not! I can't decide either!
Though having too many good choices is probably the best problem to have :D

EDIT: Okay, My first character is gonna be Cyclops!
Young, still unsure of himself, more comfortable as a soldier than an actual human being, cyclops

Alias

Oh. Note! Two characters per player to start, but with one stipulation, the two characters cannot be on the same squad together.

Continue

Alias

I just retconned the year. Typo. I meant to have it in 1986 the whole time, and the year never changed from my rough draft. Sorries!!! Figured I'd fix that now.

RedPhoenix

Alias

Quote from: RedPhoenix on November 10, 2017, 08:17:23 PM
Okay, how about Spiral? :D

I don't see why not, but that's a tricky sheet right from the start, from another dimension, has a complicated relationship with humans, an unfinished storyline, and traditionally an antagonist. If you want to try and tackle that, go for it!

If it feels like you want a totally different backstory, I'd say, find what you like about Spiral, and maybe apply that to an Original Character?

Its your call! :)
Furreals though, that looks like a tough character sheet to write, lol. If you decide to do it, I wish you the best of luck!

RedPhoenix

Well if you're okay with me playing her the rest is my problem. :D

WhatLiesAbove

himawari

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Himawari’s Fields of Ideas