Place to stay in London

Started by Insanityenviesme, November 02, 2012, 01:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanityenviesme

Hello, lovely people of E!

Usually my bugging would entail a reprehensibly large libido and its uncouth antics, but this time I've outdone even myself. This year marked my first venture out into the big bad world and I find myself in London with limited funds and nearly no place to park my freezing butt. The bit of good news is that my journalistic career is finally getting off to a half decent start, which is why I find myself in the city of Olympic bliss. I've scored an internship with a pretty huge mag but unfortunately I might not be able to complete it because of this stupid issue of not having a place to come back to from work. I'm kipping at a dorm till the 14th of November but after than I'm out in the cold. So, anybody willing to help a lovely little lad out with a few pointers, maybe make a little corner of room somewhere in their house for me?

I can get you glowing recommendations of what a sweet, lovely boy I am, you know

Many thanks for your time, kind Sirs and dear ladies and awesome lieges of E
Insanity
Moments of Sanity

Fishin' For Insanity                 Drive me Crazy                    My Asylum                 Mad about somethin                 Don't click!

Confusion is befuddled by me         Fear is terrified of me         Love adores me         And Insanity Envies Me.

The Golden Touch

I don't know if you've ever considered Craigslist, but I've used it before for myself and my husband.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/roo/

There's even section for London and you can search in rooms/shares. Hopefully that helps.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Insanityenviesme

Thanks a bunch, Goldie. A few of em look pretty decent.
Moments of Sanity

Fishin' For Insanity                 Drive me Crazy                    My Asylum                 Mad about somethin                 Don't click!

Confusion is befuddled by me         Fear is terrified of me         Love adores me         And Insanity Envies Me.

The Golden Touch

You're welcome, darling. Since you have time between now and when you'll be out of the dorm, you might ask your potential renters if they would mind meeting you for coffee or ask them a battery of questions to make sure your needs are fulfilled. Like fridge space, laundry, bills (internet, electricity, etc), rent (when due, etc) and also make sure if you aren't comfortable with kids you look for kidless renters specifically.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Neroon

Try this website.  It contains pretty much all of the links and advice you'll need.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy