Werewolf 3; VILLAGERS WIN!!

Started by Galactic Druid, May 29, 2016, 06:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

I think I am with you Rel,

All the hate on Emykat is telling me the wolves are behind this so I think I am going to be changing my vote.

Autumn Sativus

Picking off the 'inactives' sure is a good way to divert attention, isn't it? ::)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Aiden

Someone had to get the ball rolling!

Hell I expected to be dead by this point.

NightOwl35

So right now we have votes on EmyKat from: Seranova, Verasaille, Aiden, Derwaysh, and Esoteric Myobi.

While I'm all for killing the inactive players for reasons stated before, and have no real issue should they end up lynched I however will not be voting for them.

Instead I will be currently placing my vote on Aiden. And there is some reasoning behind it.

I've had a sort of distrust for Aiden due to something he posted early on in this game. When he said how he was attacked by the wolves after the first night phase, that sent sparks going in my head. There are many possibilities and even then I could end up wrong but I'll address that later.

So let's say Aiden WAS attacked. How would he know? Well either the bodyguard or healer would have to have contacted him and said "No one died, I protected you, therefore I know you're a villager."

Now if that were the case, the one who would know for 100% certain that Aiden was a villager would be the Healer. But that would also mean that we no longer have the healer's ability in play and our bodyguard is gonna have to really pay attention.

But there is another situation where Aiden WASN'T attacked! This one involves Aiden starting out as a wolf. He and his pack would attack someone (who, I can't be certain of) and that person was protected in some way. Aiden takes this as an opportunity to say "I was attacked last night!" Why? Well we can't exactly question if he was or not as we don't know. The only people who would are they bodyguard/healer and if they wanted to call him out on his lies, then they would end up outing themselves to the wolves and putting us in a terrible situation.

So then, let's say Aiden WAS attacked, and WAS informed by one of the special roles that they protected him. The wolves know they attacked him in this situation, and know they messed up. Aiden knowing he was attacked means he KNOWS at least one of the special roles. What would stop the Alpha (whose power is unblockable), from turning him and learning that information for the wolves? It would help them to learn what role it was, and who it is so they can then kill them.

The only other situation in play is, Aiden is a villager, was attacked, but WASN'T turned. In which case I'm really questioning our wolves on how they're going about things. Though this goes under the assumption that they did in fact turn someone last night.

As I said previously, should we end up killing inactives first I won't be to dismayed but I am going to point this out now just in case. This is just how I'm seeing what has happened so far.

Aiden

And our first wolf presents itself. Hi Nightowl. (Changing Vote)

Verasaille

Vera raises a brow. "Oh is that right Aiden? You cast a vote, and someone follows your logic along with Sera and suddenly we are all wolves? Methinks you might be the one who was turned! You might have been a villager before, but now I am beginning to get suspicious!"

Changing votes and abandoning your previous logic looks shady to me.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Aiden

What is shady, I told you all my entire plan. I was baiting you wolves this entire time. I also think YOU are a wolf and you are my next target.

Go ahead and prove me right, change your vote my way.

NightOwl35

Quote from: Aiden on June 09, 2016, 02:29:13 PM
And our first wolf presents itself. Hi Nightowl. (Changing Vote)

Hello there Aiden  :-). Might I inquire why you think I'm a wolf, other than me pointing out the facts and possibilities at hand?

I hate to say it, but revenge voting me makes me really wonder if I'm hitting the nail on the head here ;). Especially considering I even pointed out how you could very well still be a villager, and the wolves playing this game rather terribly.

Granted, this is all observations I can only go on based on what I see in this thread, as I have had no one contact me about this game, and I've not contacted anyone myself.

Even if someone were to contact me, I figure I don't trust any of you right now and that you're all suspicious. Depending on what Aiden shows up as then I have around...3 different groups of people who I will be more suspicious of. A group if he's a villager, a group if he's a wolf, and a group I'm just generally suspicious of.

Derwaysh

What's that meerkats? Oh... of course!

They are all jumping up and down asking to hear more from Remiel. Where have you been all this while, sirrah? :o
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Remiel

Quote from: Derwaysh on June 09, 2016, 04:15:50 PM
What's that meerkats? Oh... of course!

They are all jumping up and down asking to hear more from Remiel. Where have you been all this while, sirrah? :o

Just watching.  Listening.   Trying to keep a low profile--for once--and formulating a few suspicions.

I will say that I agree with Saffron and Nightowl--the voting against EmmyKat is suspicious, almost like an attempt to throw her to the wolves.  So to speak.  Yes, she has been inactive, but I'm not sure that means she's on Team Werewolf.

Still, at this point I have nothing solid to go on other than a gut hunch, which, as we all know, could be wrong.  Unfortunately, the fact that I'm almost 100% certain the Alpha turned someone last night means we can no longer trust anybody, not even Aiden.

Derwaysh

I find myself agreeing with you but I do find it odd... you keeping a low profile and all that. Given how King Julian's the trusting sod, he understands your reasoning. 8-)

For now my vote to lynch EmmyKat stands.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

Ceralilly

Sips her third espresso and considers all of the points being dropped....

Well this is interesting. The back and forth of it all... Continues to listen...
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Clio

Although I see the logic behind EmmyKat's nomination, I think it is all too easy for the wolves to jump on board and just agree by voting for her. With everyone jumping on the EmmyKat bus, it makes me nervous...almost like a unanimous vote in Secret Hitler, although the reasons behind it would be completely different. It just seems like too much of a mob mindset for me, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of evidence to back up any other nominees. For now, I'm going to vote for Vera, but I'm going to be re-reading the thread and trying to decide whether or not that's my final decision.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on June 09, 2016, 12:43:14 PM
MP's point is that everything everyone posts (or doesn't post) is information that can be used.  How you vote. Who you target.  Who you don't target. 

And she makes good points.  As does Sera.   I'd be interested to see everyone else's thoughts as well.   I lean to the inactives for the reasons Aiden said as well, however, that's always subject to changed if i see someone else really come out as shady. 

And there are a few. If you haven't noticed Yugi, there might be a reason for that.

That I know but nothing that people have posted here scream wolf to me.

I think voting for EmyKat is the wrong choice here. She may be quiet but that does not automatically make her a wolf.

I'll just have to see how this vote turns out. My vote will be for Vera cause I want to find out once and or all which side she is really on.

Verasaille

Vera frowns, "And why the hate on me? I have already said I am on the town side, I am a villager!! How many times can I say it? If voting for Emmy makes me look bloodthirsty then I will change it.

Going through the thread and looking at who seems suspicious, I have to go with the one most likely to have been turned.  Because of his veteran status and well known trickery, I vote for Remiel. That might change. But for now I suspect he is quiet to stay out of the limelight.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

Everyone is going to say they are a villager. No one is going to claim they are a wolf or a special role out in public.

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 06, 2015, 12:09:00 PM
Voting Rules

Metagame reasons are equally terrible! Nothing is less fun than being voted off early for a reason along the lines of "They're really good at these kinds of games. We should kill them off early in case they're a wolf.", "Well, they were the wolf last time.", "They're a very active player, so they must be evil!", or worst of all, "Let's get the veteran players first so us first timers have a chance!". Not only is this a good way to hurt your team, it hurts the game as a whole, as well as future games. A veteran player isn't likely to join new games if they're under the impression they're going to be killed the first night every round.

Let's maybe keep this rule in mind please? Inactivity, game experience, etc. etc. None of that has anything to do with the way the dice roll when roles are assigned. Who the wolves are is more likely to determine who was chosen (if anyone) for changing.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Ceralilly

Quote from: Saffron on June 09, 2016, 06:49:16 PM
Let's maybe keep this rule in mind please? Inactivity, game experience, etc. etc. None of that has anything to do with the way the dice roll when roles are assigned. Who the wolves are is more likely to determine who was chosen (if anyone) for changing.
Looks with mad respect on the spicy one...
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Verasaille

That may be true, Saffron. While I do have suspisions, I agree that we cannot meta game. But we have very little to go on. Since everyone will be trying to do the exact same thing, trying to stay alive. So who to believe and who to question? Voting patterns are kind of hard to go on as well. While it is easy to look at who is protecting who, it also makes you a target for sticking with the voting pattern.

Even going with the flow can get suspicious, as has been pointed out. I am afraid I am not as good at this as you all are. Maybe there is a fine line between speaking up and keeping silent. But we are all in the same village.

We have not heard much from Sunshine either. Where are you hiding, girl? What do you think of all this?

Deamonbane

I too am of the opinion that the targeting of the inactive characters does seem to be casting a very good smoke screen for the wolves to play their games, killing off villagers as easy pickings with the help of the more active villagers who seem to be stuck in the rut of 'inactive = suspicious'.

For myself, I find myself questioning why Aiden finds it so surprising that he is still alive at this point.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

SunshineSparkle

I have a feeling Verasaille is hiding her true self from us.

O&O    A&A    Avatars

KatKwik

Mmmm...watches and contemplates...looking back at posts...

It's possible Aiden isn't a wolf, He could be the bait put out there. If I remember correctly, Saffron has supported Aiden since the start. Linking to my original thoughts when these alliances seemed to have formed. There was much chaos on the board with Saffron in the background and Christa had some interesting questions too. Though together they deflected away from Aiden and lead us to Amber and we know how that ended up.

Aiden = Distraction

So it was never really clarified if Aiden was attacked...He wouldn't know unless the bodyguard/ healer told him!? He has neither confirmed nor denied this, which again means that he's bait.

Who's bait though!?

Are Team Wolf using him to their advantage because he's been saved or not saved.

I think we need to look carefully at those that are egging him on.

Saffron is the voice behind Aiden and there is another Unknown who's waiting for something to happen as well. Setting him up for the kill. If we lynch him then the wolves have their targets

If we're looking at our own then we're not looking at them.

So I'm going back to my original thoughts and even as I rolled the die, Saffron escaped the first time, so now,

I vote Saffron

All this is on the assumption that Aiden isn't a wolf. If he is then is he playing the others against us.

So if there's a witch out there then I think there's your target?

If Saffron is clear then I urge the priest to sort this out?

As a side note, Remi you're Keeping a low profile....Hmmm!? Are you the real Teen Wolf!?

I think my reasoning got me in a state. I'm speculating and hypothesising using what we have. As we have to lynch someone I'm voting for my original choice.

In short

Aiden= Used as a distraction by the wolves to work behind him

Saffron = Using Aiden as a distraction with a possibility of Christa assisting. Team wolf

Aiden = Wolf and he's being sacrificed for the team, though that's bad play, so I'm thinking he's the wolfman

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Rel Mayer

Kat, I think you've made some very good observations! I'm not 100% sure Aiden is a wolf though, but rather a pawn that the wolves are hiding behind. Personally, I'm between Saffron and Vera, but at this point I'll be voting Saffron.

Esoteric Myobi

Hmm, so after reading through the roles in play again, my brain took me in a weird direction and I'm not actually 100% sure if it makes any sense but I'm just going to put it out there and see what you all think:

If there's a possibility that Aiden could be the Wolfman and is being used as a distraction since the Seer would see him as a Villager, isn't it just as likely that he could be the Lycan and is trying to draw attention to himself in that way? Because the Seer would see him as a Werewolf, but the Seer would also be at risk if they stepped right up and stated that Aiden's a wolf since that's giving away their position relatively early in game.

I'm confusing myself typing this up @~@ Basically, I think I want to see Aiden hang just to see if he turns up as a Wolfman or Lycan and sort of go from there to figure out who he may have been allied with. Instead of going for Saffron or Christa like Kat suggested (though I see the reasoning) wouldn't it be quickest to go directly for the source of the distraction? Does that make sense to anyone besides me? xD

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Aiden

What! You are going to throw me under the bus! Well it is High Noon.

Saffron approached me about an alliance and she brought with her Myobi.

Considering Myobi is now working against me, I think they might have warmed up to me as a cover (since I have knack for drawing attention to myself via my antics)