Spy Games (Alternate timeline WWII)(Need players)

Started by Vostroya, August 29, 2010, 12:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

Ok i have officially started the RP, go ahead and join in!

orderNchaos

We gonna try and get new players to kick this off again or is it pretty much done?

Spice

Reading about this well-thought out campaign was tremendous fun. It's sad it did not get off the ground. I would pretty much play any character to be involved. I love alternate historical, noirish dramatic story lines with a touch of villainous humor.

Vostroya

if we can get some new people to get in (one posted before me and one posted in a PM to me so far) we can get the game off the ground.

orderNchaos

I'm still hanging around...I'd press forward with my plan, but I wasn't sure if we were still on or not!

Vostroya

I would love to get the chance to actually get the game off the ground lol

Brittlby

I spoke to Vostroya earlier today about taking over Franziska, so we can start rebuilding a cast. *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Spice

I will monitor this board. I don't have a preconceived character in mind. Partly, because I thought I might be able to fill in a plot hole with a character. But I have a fertile imagination and can easily come up with someone if there is no particular need. I'm so glad it looks like this might get off the ground. I know I'll love writing for it.

SpicE

Vostroya

awesome, im also thinking of allowing players to have multiple characters because of the low attendance at the moment.

Decrepitdan

Expressing interest here. Will monitor the thread and begin generating characters.

Spice

Quote from: Vostroya on September 14, 2010, 01:26:37 PM
awesome, im also thinking of allowing players to have multiple characters because of the low attendance at the moment.

Vostroya,

In the interest of being prepared for when this game begins again, I post a draft character for your review. She is designed with the first mission in mind. Whether she survives or dies beautifully and oh so tragically depends on where the game goes. I will play other characters as needed.

Name: Marie-Élise Lorraine

Played by:Spice

Sex:Female

Loyalty:France/Allies

Appearance

A small, dark-haired woman with a slender neat figure and intense blue eyes who dresses well as befits her trade.

Bio:

Born in December 1919, on the outskirts of Paris, Marie-Élise left school at age fourteen to become a seamstress. In 1933, she moved to Paris where she worked in several different shops, finally ending up employed by one of the city’s most influential makers of custom men’s suits. Something of a tomboy, she enjoys cycling, hiking, and climbing and often find herself on the outskirts of Paris pursuing those interests. When war broke out in 1939, she and her mother moved to Toulon where she trained with the Red Cross, treating wounded French Army soldiers. She has now returned to her former employer who has become something a celebrity in Nazi ranks where his beautifully tailored suits are all the rage.

Little does he know that his little seamstress who measures all of the German officers for their new custom suits is a member of the French resistance and uses her position to collect information against the occupiers. Her interests in cycling give her an excuse to approach the outskirts of town and the countryside where she passes this information on.

Personality:

Marie-Élise is passionate about her hatred of the Germans and true in her belief in the good of her country, France. She is shy with strangers and often appears flustered when people talk to her. In some ways, this has served her as people tend to underestimate her. In addition, she can appear colorless and vanish into the background as she efficiently measures her clients, while her small ears always listen.

Strengths: She has an intimate familiarity with Paris. She has passed all security checks easily due in part to her German mother.

Weaknesses: She is not a hardened spy and has a fear of being detained and questioned harshly. Before joining the resistance, while working with the Red Cross, she was strongly and openly anti-German. She keeps these views to herself now. But someone from her past might remember.

Vostroya

Excellent character Spice! Approved with flying colors, I will post up your character in the dedicated thread. Also the game is open, it is merely waiting for people to post and we can begin, so to all players once your character is approved you can immediately make your introduction post in the game thread posted below.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=81199.0

Spice

Quote from: inflatetress on September 16, 2010, 05:19:11 PM
Yeah someone hurry up and post already!

I have posted. It's a quick one as I get into the swing of things. Is there a place to discuss our ideas? Is this that place? Or should we try PMs?

Oh and Vostroya,

Thank you for putting together this game. I hope to have much fun.

spicE

Vostroya

In a Moment I will be posting up a Idea/OOC thread so that everyone can bring their ideas to the floor about what type's of missions they would like to do.

Vostroya

Ok the OOC/Idea thread is posted up, I would love to hear your ideas and suggestions, my ears are always open to comments.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=82592.0

Vostroya

I went ahead and posted again to help get the game moving and hopefully keep the interest up.

Spice

I had a busy day and didn't get to do much gaming. But I'll be thinking about ideas this weekend whether or not I post. Monday through Friday I play more, weekends I tend to make online gaming a lower priority. I very enjoyed your latest post. Hopefully, we'll get more players. This looks like a nice plot heavy game with lots of possibilities.

Vostroya

I understand, I had an interesting day myself, but take the time you need. I want to hear everyone ideas and suggestions for the RP, as I want to try and focus games on character's strengths as well as weaknesses.

Spice

If any other players need a partner, someone to play off, just let me know. I'm game to play a second character or NPC. Depending on what your character is doing, I can be a captured spy, someone attempting to assassinate one of the German officers or create chaos. In other words, if you want to play here and need someone to play with, I'm game to help.

NaughtyKitty

I love the concept!  I wish I'd found it sooner.....but now that I've found it.....I'd like to offer up a character for consideration.  I don't usually play "bad guys," but I think in this instance I'd like to.  I'm thinking that my girl is a member of the SS.....a fixer of sorts.  When the upper echelons of the Reich have a problem, she's called in to deal with it.  Assassination, spy hunting, spying, security.......what ever is needed.  As such I would say she would be well known to Eckhart and his Occult Program.

Name: Veronika Dresdner
Played by: NaughtyKitty
Sex: Female
Loyalty: Axis

Appearance:

Bio:
Veronika was born in Berlin 1916 just prior to the end of World War I to a middle class family.  After surviving the ending years of the Great War, she spent her formative years in the nearly destroyed and greatly depressed Germany that was the result.  The Dresdner family became bitter, as did a great many Germans, and that bitterness took hold in their daughter.  When Hitler came to power and began his plans for war, Veronika was 17 years old and angry at the rest of the world for what they had done to her country.  She began getting involved with the party in any way she could and eventually drew the attention of some of the Nazi Party higher-ups.  They was  her for what she was....dedicated, strong, and intelligent.  The fact that she was nearly the poster child for the Master Race didn't hurt things either.  They took a true believer and brought her into the Schutzstaffel with the express intent of creating a new group within the Sicherheitsdienst, which was the intelligence division of the SS.  This group of men and women were charged with fixing problems as they arose in any shape they so chose.  They were assassins, spies, spy hunters, security agents...whatever they needed to be.  In addition, they were to support the efforts of the Reich's special projects....especially those of the SS-Scientific Corps.  Veronika's talent for the job has earned her something of a reputation as someone who can solve any project along with the rank of Sturmbannführer (equivalent of Major).

Personality:
She is angry.  Veronika hates the rest of the world for what it's done.  She is a true believer in what Germany is doing and will freely lay down her life in service should it be needed.  The training she received inside the SS allows her to channel her anger and emotion to execute her missions with ruthless efficiency.  Most of the time she is calm and collected...cold.  However, when the mission requires it, she can completely change her personality to be whomever she needs to be. Killing her enemies does not bother her in the slightest. For her it's nearly as natural as breathing.

Strengths:
Highly Intelligent - able to think ahead strategically, able to change her personality to suit
Markswoman - She can hit nearly whatever she aims at with nearly any type of firearm
Combat - She is trained in multiple methods of hand to hand combat as well as bladed combat.

Weaknesses:
Sexual Orientation - Veronika is a lesbian.  As such, if word ever got out she would most likely be killed.  She has been known to kill lovers if she feared her exposure
Risk Taker - She's something an adrenaline junkie.  She takes risks that are often not necessary. 

Vostroya

approved I'll post it in the character thread as soon as I can.

RoleplayingMale

Still taking characters? I've got an idea for a character from Eastern Europe...

Vostroya

absolutely, go ahead and get it done. Welcome to the game.

RoleplayingMale

What's the state of the Soviet Union in your reality?