Silent Hill: The Carousel (Looking for one more to play Greed!)

Started by Roen, December 14, 2012, 11:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

Disclaimer: All rights, creative otherwise, to the world of Silent Hill upon all of its terminology, locations, characters and names belong to Konami and any other original creators. I claim no right or ownership whatsoever, even for the terms, locations, characters or names I have invented myself, relying and inspired by the world of Silent Hill. This should do it.

Humans march forward- that is indeed the truth; although might not be absolute, but it's certainly dominant, and let me tell you, as "someone" who has "seen" a lot through the course of his "life", even that sort of truths is a pretty damn rare commodity in our shared universe. It is true, though, human beings, most of them at least, tend to walk forward and it takes some pretty special circumstances for them to walk backwards, sideways or in circles, for example. Ever since a certain turning point along the evolution of the human brain, humans have started walking forward with purpose, decisively. I could perhaps provide dozens of different examples to my hypothesis, though even the most common idiot would only have to gaze upon the main streets of the moderately busy city during the busiest hours of the day, to see my point: Lots of walking, almost always forward, with intent.

That was you; now let's talk a bit about me. While y'all are walking up and down the streets, with all of your various purposes and destinations, it wouldn't hurt should you turn to look around you every once in a while, to notice those that are not. The beggars, for instance, Let's do a quick inventory check: First you have your run of the mill gray-haired lady laying on top of her dirty blanket, her clothes worn and dull and her face plowed with wrinkles, she would usually give you the random disturbing look, making most of you avert your eyes back to the road in front of you, and some of you to go through your pockets for change. Then you have the old double amputee, whose face you can't even see through that thick and filthy yellow beard, you'd mostly notice a couple of half eaten boxes of fast food scattered around him, as a sort of a 'Here, so you won't use my money to buy drugs' or 'I've lost my appetite anyway' gesture. These are the two most common species of the sidewalk wildlife. However, every now and then you might encounter something entirely different.

Something different, like a young boy dressed in fine clothes, which have already been chafed and stained, the sleeves of his pants were folded up to his thighs, revealing a pair of overly tanned legs, covered with these horrible open wounds, round and so inflamed it would seem like uses his dirty fingers to pick them daily, the flesh is swollen and discolored, surrounded by painful looking burns. And the teen would be seen sitting there on his bed of torn cardboard boxes, staring into the busy road in front of him. His little corner would bear no box, can, hat or any other vessel to collect your donations, and he would seem oblivious to your horrified gazes or various offerings of aid. He would simply sit there, staring into the road, watching the passing cars; only the rising and lowering of his chest would stop you from dialing 911.

Now I shall present you with a different hypothesis about the boy. Let's say I'm not just sitting there, staring at the passing cars, maybe I have zero interest in these dozens of ugly gas monsters, slowly sailing through the gray urban traffic jam, maybe I was looking at something else, somewhere else, that only exists in a different world. Perhaps I was nothing but a computer processor in your world, or a multi-rout server's farm, occupying the space- yet the entirety of my attention, purpose, thoughts and consciousness directed elsewhere, to a different dimension, one which was hidden from your ever blind eyes. Perhaps I was actually watching the same dynamic, pulsing, ever shifting and vibrating display of bright and colorful cheerfulness. Maybe my dusty maroon eyes were following the circling movement of the vibrant fiberglass horses, the constantly twirled ribbons, the golden spiral poles, the rampaging still horseshoes and the silenced neighings of plastic and stainless steel. Maybe I was actually focusing on those childish cries of joy, on the worried looks on the parents' faces, those secretive gazes exchanged by lovers and one single black-haired little girl, who were sitting on the highest horse, using the circling movement of the carousel to scan the gathering audience, anxiously looking for a familiar-yet-lost face. She was still pure and innocent on MY carousel.

"You cannot be serious." The little shit said.
I turned to look at the black eyed fiend; I've almost forgotten his presence, and about our conversation. "Remind me?"
"Cynical?" He asked, or was it a she? Possibly an It, "You offend me, old friend. You should know by now that there's no greater believer in humanity than I."
"Is that so." I said dryly, turning my eyes back to the carousel.
"Indeed so. I believe that the human race has an extraordinary capacity for envy, bitterness, vindictiveness and indifference, an impressive knack for repression and an everlasting s aptitude for evil, which is- at best- immeasurable."
"You're in a humorous mood today." I noted.
"I simply adjust myself to the circumstances, updating to the current events." His smile curled in a mischievous way.
"Ah, you're amused."
"Certainly am."
"So eternal beings find their own sticky ends to be amusing…" my words were said with an indifferent yet poetic tone, "it would be sinful to not alert the world's philosophical faculties, those bums haven't registered such a noteworthy development since Plato."
"Not a Confucius kind of guy, I take it."
"I've always found the far east's philosophy to be a bit… ridiculing, somewhat longwinded as well." I confessed.
"Not the slightest bit patronizing on your part, if I may add." The blackest black turned his eyes to the carousel, watching the black-haired little girl.
"Cynical."
"You've got me." He scoffed.
"Not yet."

"You must be jesting." He turned to look at me, quirking a raven-black brow. "Surely you're not putting your trust in that old nonsense."
"That old nonsense is a prophecy."
He laughed- no, he giggled- a high pitched creepy little giggle, "For something I've created with my bare hands, you're pretty quick to rely on the delusional ramblings of a couple old farts, over my own word."
"It's hardly secret-" I retorted, "-that you've been known to lie."
"How dare you!" He protested, "I am the champion of the silenced, the extractor of truth!"
"The same way in which a medieval times healer would have extracted puss from a wound, using rusty blades, white-hot pokers and a handful of leeches."
The man-boy-demon smiled nostalgically.
I snarled.
"And how would you accomplish that, might I ask? Using the next miserable lost soul? You're expecting too much of them."
"I expect the same things you do." I simply answered, "to different ends."
"The end of your maker." He mumbled bitterly.
"Are those sentiments I hear in your voice?" I asked, but denied him the chance to answer, "Perhaps we should raise the bets."
His brow was quirked again, his black eyes glistened, "The little child wants to play…" A slight purr of hunger snuck into his voice.
"Seven souls." I said, "all at once. I will get the needed reinforcements, and you-"
"A feast seven folds greater, literally." His malicious grin widened, "I like your way of thinking, son."
"Obviously."

"Be careful." He advised while watching the carousel, "you're taking a risk while forgetting that the odds are in my favor, which means you'd probably just have to add seven more emptied souls to that… swirling little toy of yours." I could feel the ground shaking, peeling off like leaves of dried paint, as the lightning of the carousel became dimmer, and the fiberglass horses became slower… dark pearls of blood started dripping from their painted nostrils.
I turned my face sharply to him, my eyes filled with dark promises.
He laughed and retreated, returning everything to its former self, though the spirits on the carousel seemed somewhat less vivid, as if someone tuned down the contrast of their reality. "There's no need for threats, we're all friends here."
"Amongst other things." I retorted.   
"Would you like to choose them yourself this time, Son?" he asked with false kindness, "it would be a good practice, should you ever hope to succeed me."
"It doesn't work that way." I said strictly, "They are yours to choose. These are the rules."
He laughed as he got back to his feet, "These are the rules…" he laughed some more while walking away.
Pretentious little shit.

I turned my eyes back to the carousel, watching it spin around over and over, an endless journey with neither a beginning nor an end. For you see:

Humans march forward, with a purpose, with a destination and intent.
Lost souls travel in circles.

Introduction
Right, so this would be my second game in this site. For all of you Shadows players, fear not, I've got this :) this is what I'm actually good at, so both games would receive my divided-yet-perfect attention. That being said-

This is going to be a Silent Hill RP, for a potentially big group (5-6), and your characters will be thrown into the world of Silent Hill much like any other SH hero, only as a group. It's going to be a survival horror sex game, for all of you twisted minds out there (probably going to fit into the extreme boards). The plot would be of a good-versus-evil theme, like darkness against the slightly less dark. So let's get to it!

Character Creation, The Twist and some Understandings:
Here is the twist: What I want you to think about is a character that is inspired by one of the seven deadly sins. I don't want you to be obvious and literal about it, be all creative and clever like I know you can be, but make the sin to be the center of your concept, treat it with respect. It can be the sin itself that is in the character in some way/version or how the concept of the sin is strongly reflected in the charactere's life story. The characters should all be humans and of age, preferably U.S citizens/tourists. Now, for all of you that have seen the movies and played the games, you know the typecast, we're talking ICONIC American characters. Just imagine them standing there panting, with their blood-stained clothes, taking on the armies of hell.

I still don't have an On's and Off's thread, but I can sum it up in one sentence: Plot>Sex, Apply yourselves to your posts and no godmodding.

I'm going to post a list of sins, and I'm going – just this once- to let you claim them by the first-come-first-served rule, just cause I don't want to eventually end up with 6 players creating characters that are based on Lust -_-  that being said, I ask that you only claim a sin that you already have a character idea for.

Quote from: Roen on December 15, 2012, 08:15:34 AM
Guys N' Girls, don't forget that the main thing about Silent Hill is working with the characters. They have to be complex, they have to be well rounded, and most importantly- they need to have their own little dark secrets for the system to work with. Secrets of something they've done, of how they felt about something/someone, or perhaps even repressed memories of intense past events. Partial/Selective amnesia is also a form of repression. Just don't give me a two paragraphs long Bios and expect to be done with it. Being faithful and true to the themes and the 'rules' of this system is recognizing that the world changes and shifts according to the people who are trapped in it.
So don't leave me hanging (:

The Seven Deadly Sins (will be crossing out those that are taken):
Lust - Innerant Lust (Character submitted and approved)
Gluttony - Jiggles (Character submitted and approved)
Greed - I will take this one on unless a sixth player could be found. Male NPC.
SlothBigBuckBob (Character submitted and approved)
Envy - PoisonousKitty (Character submitted and approved)
Pride - ME! A female NPC.
Wrath - Brittlby (Pending for C.Sheet)

I'll make NPCs for whatever's left once we start.

Character Sheet Outline:
[u][b]Sin:
Name:
Appearance (pic and/or description):[/b][/u]
[u][b]Age:
Sex:
Sexuality:
D/S:[/b][/u] (if participating in D/S)
[u][b]Favorite Kinks:
Never's:[/b][/u]

Bear in mind that I haven't included personality and background in there, you'll be PMing me those, to keep things interesting. So the sheet you would PM me would look like this:

[u][b]Sin:
Name:
Appearance (pic and/or description):
Personality:
Sex:
Sexuality:
D/S:[/b][/u] (if participating in D/S)
[u][b]Favorite Kinks:
Never's:[/b][/u]

Should you see that the sin you wanted is taken, and you simply must have it and can't think of any other sin-based character, seek me out privately and we'll see what can be arranged.

As always, I'm available on MSN, YIM, GoogleTalk, Skype and PMs for character advisement and anything else.

*NEW!*
My character's sheet:
Sin: Pride
Name: Amy Pill
Sex: F
Sexuality: Straight
Background: (I'm adding this one in since my character is a famous personality, and this much is publicly known about her) Amy Pill has been a famous teen-actress on a TV teen-oriented series named 'The Big Lie', the show was a huge success, across the nation and internationally, and Amy (along with the other co-stars) a glamorous teen star. But it's been almost five years since the show was finished/cancelled, and after starring in a couple of failing movies, Amy now mostly does guest star performances and TV commercials, along with the very trendy perfume brand. 
D/S: Switch
Favorite Kinks: Intense/Rough sex, Mild Bondage
Never's: Hard Bondage, NC, Humiliation, any form of control loss on her part (these are the character's don'ts, feel free to ignore than, but respect the never's in my own pref page)

Ro.

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

PoisonousKitty

I'll get a outline up, later today or tommorrow don't have much time left on a computer, but I would love to take Envy :D

jiggles

This idea is fantastic, and has a great deal of appeal to me. Here's my character submission:

Sin: Gluttony
Name: Gloria Worthy
Appearance: Gloria is a full-figured woman, more than a little chubby, with dark hair, a mischievous grin, and lush curves. She is 5' 4" and her measurements are 36F-34-44
Gloria
Sex: Female
D/S: Sub
Favorite Kinks: Non-con, humiliation, transformation/body modification, forced weight gain, teasing/orgasm denial, anal.
Never's:Scat, snuff, extreme violence/gore

I'll be PMing the character with the personality and history details shortly.

Inerrant Lust

Curious...

You should know I love Silent Hill, and a great deal of butchering 'canon' can be done on anyone's part in a large group. ;) All I would ask is it remains faithful to the themes and general 'rules' of Silent Hill.

I might take out ol' lust, but with the twist of a man or woman who hates his passions. Every time they think about sex it's a source of great guilt and shame- they hate it and they hate themselves for it.

Fitting, I would think...

Anybody else, though- don't let this discourage you, I have a bunch of games as it is and I'm not sure if I have time for another...  ::)

Still, an interesting prospect.

BigBuckBob

I have an idea for the sloth character... I'll type it up later.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Roen

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on December 15, 2012, 07:52:07 AM
You should know I love Silent Hill, and a great deal of butchering 'canon' can be done on anyone's part in a large group. ;) All I would ask is it remains faithful to the themes and general 'rules' of Silent Hill.

I might take out ol' lust, but with the twist of a man or woman who hates his passions. Every time they think about sex it's a source of great guilt and shame- they hate it and they hate themselves for it.

I'll do my best to exceed your expectations :) The concept sounds interesting. I'll reserve Lust for you for the moment, but let me know should you decide to wirthraw. 

Quote from: BigBuckBob on December 15, 2012, 07:57:31 AM
I have an idea for the sloth character... I'll type it up later.
Will be waiting patiently (:

Guys N' Girls, don't forget that the main thing about Silent Hill is working with the characters. They have to be complex, they have to be well rounded, and most importantly- they need to have their own little dark secrets for the system to work with. Secrets of something they've done, of how they felt about something/someone, or perhaps even repressed memories of intense past events. Partial/Selective amnesia is also a form of repression. Just don't give me a two paragraphs long Bios and expect to be done with it. Being faithful and true to the themes and the 'rules' of this system is recognizing that the world changes and shifts according to the people who are trapped in it.

So don't leave me hanging (:
Ro

-Nathan Alterman.

PoisonousKitty

Sin: Envy
Name: Arizelia Thompson
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Bi-sexual
D/S:
Switch
Favorite Kinks: bondage (chains, whips, knives, handcuffs)
Never's:
scat, dismemberment, beastiality, death and so forth

BigBuckBob

Sin: Sloth
Name: Lance Armstrong aka 'No Relation'

Those that have seen it generally believe he 'cleans up nice' he just doesn't usually put the effort in.
Sex: Male
D/S:Dominant, but wouldn't care if challenged

Favorite Kinks: Bondage.
Never's:
scat, man/man
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Roen

*UPDATE*
Updated sins "roster" with claiming players and took the character creation section out of the spoiler.

I'm still needing more people, at least one more.

-Nathan Alterman.

PoisonousKitty

If you like as well I can always make a second character if you'd like :)

Roen

Thanks, Kitty, But I think I'll wait and see if anybody else is interested before we resort to double chars etc :)

-Nathan Alterman.

PoisonousKitty

Inerrant Lust

Sin: Errant Lust
Name: Matthew Morristor
Appearance: Plain, ordinary, 5'8", dresses conservatively but not sharply; like a man much older would. Brown hair, brown eyes, fair skinned. Conservatively groomed, clean-shaven. Usually straight faced, somewhat stoic and wary.
Sex: Male
D/S: --
Favorite Kinks: Anything other than missionary style is sinful! Deliciously excrutiatingly gratifyingly sinful.
Never's: Very few, PM me first.

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Roen

Brilliant, Britt (:
Updated the Sins' roster, I'm still looking for someone to play Greed. Last spot, you guys! Hopefully some of our Holidays' recently freed hostages might want to join up xD

Ro

-Nathan Alterman.

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.