The Curse of Gotham

Started by rainshadow, March 19, 2008, 12:34:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainshadow

Well, I finally have a game set up intended to be played from the perspectives of the villains of the Batman universe called The Curse of Gotham. I've got a few details I've laid out in the OOC thread, but nothing is really set in stone. There you can find out basically the ropes of the game I'm trying to get going. You can also see what characters are taken. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13628.0

Here's the basic concept: Batman's missing and the villains of Gotham City are on an all-night rampage. It's be freeform and it'd be no big deal if you want to recreate villains to a certain extent, as long as they remain identifiable. I'm also allowing original villains, but I would prefer that if you take that route, you are very convincing the creation of your character. Other characters we're looking for are the victims that our villains will toy with along the way.

Rather than post in the OOC, until you are squared away to join the game, PM me your character information, the name of the villain you wish to portray (if this is the case, character info will not be necessary unless you have specific details you wish to discuss before joinging), or ask any questions you might have.
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Methos

This sounds like fun, I'm in. When I have a chance I'll come up with a villian or wrap my mind around one of the ones yet available.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

The Great Triangle

Well, the Penguin is still open, he's pretty playable as the sanest villian in Gotham, which could make an interesting contrast to the other villians in the game.  One could also get quite a lot of milage by exploring the Penguin's need to get beautiful women to fawn over him, perhaps even going so far as to kidnap one of the female villians so that he can "court" her. 
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

rainshadow

Not to mention he has the most favorable nose of the bunch. ;)
"The ticket to the future is always open. What happens in the future is our own responsibility." - Rem, Trigun

"Nothing says 'I hate war' like a good explosion in a populated area." -rainshadow

Methos

Hmm what about the Justice League of America villian Prometheus? Whose dedicated his life to destroying the forces of justice. Could I play him? He's described as the "anti-batman". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prometheus_%28comics%29
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

The Great Triangle

That could work, but Promethius seems to be more of a power character than a guy with a real "hook," so you'd need to find a way to get into his character rather than just go around randomly melting buildings in gotham, which would quickly draw out the Justice League.  That said, although I'm not the GM, I think he might just be able to fit in if you have a really good story that won't bring the hammer of justice down on Gotham.

(Most of the villians chosen thus far are street level villians, who will mostly be commiting henious low end muggings or executing heists.  Although Poison Ivy and the Joker may end up working towards larger plans later on.)

Ons and Offs

Methos

I would see his role as not being to melt buildings but with Gotham lacking its greatest defender to achieve some sort of anarchic situation where villiany of any sort could occur without retribution. More of an 'adding to the chaos' type thing.

rainshadow

I have no qualms with Prometheus at all. If you want him, I'll make him available to you.

Methos

Cool, Prometheus it is then.

RubySlippers

I was shocked no one offered to be a Batman Original TV Series villian like EGGHEAD he was so "egg-cellent" and was one of the only villians to guess Bruce Wayne was Batman. lol

Lanzlo

The Great Triangle

Yep!  Most certainly.

Will you be teaming up with poison ivy then?

Ons and Offs

Lanzlo

rainshadow

Bane is such an awesome character. Very poorly used in Batman & Robin.

EGFrost

I'm up for being a victim.  You looking for Joe (Jane) averages, or some of batman's supporting cast, like Babs and Robin?
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

rainshadow

Here's my standard answer to that: we're looking for all types of victims. The only criteria, if you were to choose a character like any of the Robins, Barbara Gordon, or any character, for that matter, who eventually dons a costume for the side of good, you have to portray that character as pre-Robin, pre-Batgirl, or, in Dick Grayson's case, post-Robin & pre-Nightwing. I'm not one very enthusiastic about such characters, but that's my compromise for people who don't want to portray villains yet also don't want to be just some average Joe (or Jane) off the street.

I'd be more interested in having just your regular victims. I think that would give players more of an opportunity to create without having to work within the confines of a particular character.

EGFrost

I have no problem playing an averager.  Just wondered if some of the villains wanted to have fun with a customed foe.  I certainly don't expect to /win/, no matter who I play.   ;)
“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

rainshadow

Heck, I don't do this kind of thing to have winners in the end. It's all about the story for me. I think my biggest concern is that having costumed heroes would wind up overshadowing the villains, who are really the whole point of the game.

Barding

Hmm, I'd love to play, oh I dunno, maybe some odd villain that I'll make up with kinda a...*shrug* Mime theme? Or maybe an odd marionette theme. That sound okay?

*pm'd*
:: O/Os ::
Updated 09/08/2021

:: Cravings ::
Updated 20/09/2021

:: Accepting new stories only in very special cases. ::

SerpentKiss

This still going? If so, the Rhaz'Al Ghul(definite spelling mistake...never get it right) available?