Big City Nights (EX) Horror [Need more people]

Started by GloomCookie, October 08, 2011, 07:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

Hey guys, I moved this from the solo idea thread and put it here for others to join in.  Basically this is the place where dreams go to die a horrible, blood curdling death.  Doctors who will just as likely heal you as kill you, gangs who wield control with the barrel of a gun, beacons of hope that feed you to the pits of Hell.  Welcome to the Big City, where things are never what they seem and everyone has but one rule.

KILL OR BE KILLED

Trapper Gangs

Everyone has a price to a Trapper Ganger.  Those on the street, especially young women, are worth a pretty pence indeed.  The Trapper Gangers are slavers, through and through.  They try not to kill those that can be sold to a customer.  They don't care what happens to the people they snatch off the street, only that they get snatched.  Some get sold in bulk to meat markets, others to wealthy clients eager for naked slaves, and some just disappear into the depths of the Earth.  When you hear the clinking of the chains, run.

Shadow Docs

Being an evil city means pesky things like actual credentials aren't necessary.  That also means that unless you go to one of the bigger clinics, you're probably going to go to one of the Shadow Docs.  Not all of them are bad at what they do, but there are plenty who view their work as entertainment.  Some even enjoy abusing their patients and locking them away in psych wards and other horrible places, to drive the patients insane before killing them.

Angels

For young women, the city is especially dangerous, which is why there's a group of Angels to help.  That is, if you don't mind paying a price.  The Angels provide shelter to young women, but have strict rules (such as visitors are not permitted clothing) and often require some form of payment from the visiting girl.  Sometimes it's as simple as a trinket, but the Angels have been known to require anything  from one of a girl's eyes to an organ or even their life.

Tribals

One of the few groups to have both men and women, the Tribals are constantly on the move, hunting for their favorite type of meat: human.  The Tribals are cannibals, and while they prefer taking live meat, they'll take what they can get.  They have to be on the move around the city to keep up with the people fleeing their attacks.  While rare, the Tribals will sometimes negotiate for one of an Angels' visiting girls to be surrendered, as a form of tribute to protect the rest of the Angels.

Gangs

Depending on which gang you're talking about, they could be anything from two-bit street thugs to ruling entire neighborhoods unopposed.  Gangs are fiercely protective of their territory and often don't take to intrusion well.  Some treat women like animals and slaves, others like equals, so it's hit or miss on predicting them.  What is a necessity is realizing that regardless of how nice they seem, gangs are filled of murderers, rapists and thugs.

Meat Grinders

Operating in the Meat Market, the Butchers are a group of just that, butchers.  Their turf is considered neutral, and they sell their meat to the customers with a grin on their faces.  Most of the time it's normal cow, pig and chicken, but if you're really hurting for money and need food, well... sometimes the butchers will cut you a deal.  Just don't ask where the meat came from, or piss them off.

Character Sheet
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Distinguishing Characteristics:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]

Handy Links
Main Roleplay Thread
OOC Thread
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

AngelicBlade

WEll this has my interest, but is there really nothing good at all? I know the Angels are suppost to be good but not in my oppinion...

GloomCookie

That's the thing.  Is there good?  Or is it entirely evil?  How evil can humans become?  Or is there something redeemable in there?  Oh, and I'll be letting in 'outsiders', people who come to the city for various reasons.
My DeviantArt

AngelicBlade

Hmm, think I might beable to be an outsider? Who helps people in need like young girls without asking for organs or something?

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

It scares me how attracted I am to that crazy shadow doc  XD
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

MissFire

So, if a girl wants to be protected by the Angels then.. she.. might have to be killed by them? I'm not sure I get that. XD
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

CarnivorousBunny

Holy hell, I am SO in!
So is there a plot, or is it just a day-to-day type game? >_>

I'd like to be a trapper.  Are there female trappers? xD

@Fire: I guess she gets shelter for a while.  Her life is prolonged and peaceful for X number of days and X is equal to the number of days her luck hold out, hihi.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

GloomCookie

@MissFire: The Angels are a mysterious group, so their motives are unknown.  What is known is that if the Tribals show up, they have to sacrifice one of their numbers to keep from all of them becoming meat.  So it's a trade.. they pick one of the visitors to sacrifice to continue to protect the others.  A hard decision but one they're not afraid to make. 

@CarnivorousBunny: It'll be mostly day-by-day... though there will be special events like when the Carnival comes to town.  That one though.. yeah be careful.  It'll mostly be bouncing from location to location sorta following the peeps I get to be Outsiders.  Everyone who signs up will give me two character sheets, one for a denizen of this evil city, the other an outsider.  If I like the outsider, you can keep it, but regardless, everyone will have an evil role.  And yes, there are female trappers.

For the most part, I want this game to be dark and gritty.  The people of this city aren't nice, aren't here to help and certainly don't give a fuck about anyone from beyond.  Dirty cops, dirty business, dirty streets.  The outsiders will be in a group (hence why we sorta follow them) but this idea lets us introduce new characters often, let characters take a break, and have fun.  Outsiders will link up and split up from time to time, or get picked off.  It's all a matter of staying alive.
My DeviantArt

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Linna on October 09, 2011, 07:14:33 AM
For the most part, I want this game to be dark and gritty.  The people of this city aren't nice, aren't here to help and certainly don't give a fuck about anyone from beyond.  Dirty cops, dirty business, dirty streets.

That's exactly how I pictured it! Oo, I'm so excited! :D

So, say someone's outsider dies, may this player create a new character to replace the diseased one?
I'm also asuming the locals of the city are in constant danger as well. Will there be rivalries going on between different groups?
my  o&o and a&a

GloomCookie

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 09, 2011, 07:29:09 AM
That's exactly how I pictured it! Oo, I'm so excited! :D

So, say someone's outsider dies, may this player create a new character to replace the diseased one?
I'm also asuming the locals of the city are in constant danger as well. Will there be rivalries going on between different groups?

Of course they can resubmit a character.  No guarantee it'll be approved, but they can.  In fact, I might let people play up to three characters at once, provided they differentiate between them.  And of course, rivalries will be EVERYWHERE.  Different trappers will try and enslave the same groups of people, gangs will fight it out, shadow docs will want to dissect each other, and that's just in the same groups!  Tribals want to eat everyone, the butchers just want to sell their meats and all that jazz.
My DeviantArt

Caehlim

My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

TheHangedOne

Looks like fun. I do have a question, though. I was wondering if I could strictly play a denizen of the city, without having to be an Outsider as well? I just really prefer not to play multiple characters.

Tossing ideas around in my head, probably going to do something along the lines of an anti-hero, with a suitable twist to it. Like a cannibal that only eats other cannibals.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

AngelicBlade

Well considering the way you put it I'll just be an Angel I suppose...

GloomCookie

Hmm... I guess I'll just let you pick what you want, but will cap the number of outsiders.  So we'll start with only a couple of Outsiders.
My DeviantArt

CarnivorousBunny

So if I submitted this character, what changes would I need to make to this to make him acceptable?

Name: Jason Martin
Hair: Hazel, almost sandy blonde.
Eyes: Blue-Green
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoos on his arms and his generous amount of piercings.
Affiliation: An outsider, and a wanderer who lives in his car.  Always drifting, he has no real goals apart from making enough money for his next meal and gas. During his travels Jason heard much about the city.  He couldn't believe the stories, and decided to take a quick detour through the city.  Soon enough he will discover that he made the biggest mistake of his life.
my  o&o and a&a

Ophelia Jaxon

Name: Imogen
Hair: Brown
Eye: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Imogen has only one eye, there's a scar on her ass where someone carved CU into one cheek and NT into the other.
Affiliation: Imogen Is in a Gang. Devils Own. She'sd been with them ever since she was 14, running away from home when she heard her partents talking about selling her as food. Her job? To ambush. To spread her legs. She walks the streets, seemingly alone, comes onto both men and women alike and robs them. Sometimes she gets caught, sometimes not, but there's always someone by to make sure she doesn't get killed. She gets treated like shit from the other gang members...but she's alive and that's all that counts.
ζ ·· The Ideas ·· The Kinks ·· The Apologies ·· The Rabbit Hole ·· ζ
come get a little crazy wicked with me...

MarissaSeraphOfInsanity

Name: Madison Hart
Hair: Black
Eyes: Grey
Distinguishing Characteristics: Obvious needle marks dot her left arm and her back is covered in a mess of scars from being lashed with a whip, although she has tried to hide this with a tribal tattoo.
Affiliation: Shadow Doc

Bio: The daughter of one of the few medically licensed doctors in the entire city, Madison’s parents were killed when a gang of junkies broke into their apartment to steal drugs. Orphaned at the age of 8 and left to look after her 6 year old sister, Madison survived however she could, drifting between gangs and Angels before she took up work as a shadow doc. Having spent most of her young life inside the bodies of others the job suited her well and she gained a good reputation as one of the few shadow docs you can rely on not to kill you, just so long as you can pay her or don’t try to kill her either. After a trapper gang raid separated her from her sister, Madison discovered that she had been surrendered to a group of tribals when she sought shelter with the angels, resulting in her death. Madison now roams the streets of the city, pumping poison into the veins of Tribals, Trapper Gangs, and most importantly the Angels.
"She is all the great heroines of the world in one. She is more than an individual. I love her, and I must make her love me. I want to make Romeo jealous. I want the dead lovers of the world to hear our laughter, and grow sad. I want a breath of our passion to stir dust into consciousness, to wake their ashes in pain."

Can You Cast Me Far From Grace? ~ Ons and Offs (WIP)

Sic Transit Seraphim ~ Apologies, Absences and Admiral Ackbar

GloomCookie

Good good ^^ now for mine and we'll get started.

Name: Naomi
Hair: Medium length often kept tied back in a pony tail, primarily black with pink tips on the last few inches.
Eyes: Brown
Distinguishing Characteristics: Tattoo of a dragon on her back
Affiliation: Leader of the Black Lotus Gang, a semi-yakuza group that seeks to bring their own version of order to their neighborhood, and being completely ruthless against enemies.
My DeviantArt