Ink Slinger is craving...

Started by Ink Slinger, April 02, 2012, 09:56:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ink Slinger

If you're interested in grabbing one please check out my On/Offs first, found here.  If you're still interested shoot me a PM.

Some information you may find handy:
-As a general rule I don't write Canon characters and prefer not interact with Canon characters. 
-I very rarely write F/F scenes.  I am not opposed to, but I am terribly picky about it and it takes a lot of work up front on both our parts to wake that particular muse.
-I am ADD (attention deficit disorder) and sometimes I forget things, so if I mess something up in RP or there are inconsistencies in a story set up here, just PM me.  I probably got distracted by something shiny and will gladly fix the error ;)
-I really enjoy writing a character and story that have depth, development, growth and allow me to explore the psychology and emotion of a situation.
-If you're really just looking for sex I'm not your girl.

Some things that will immediately catch my attention get me panting for a story:
-Development and evolution
  -I hate reading stores with flat characters and predictable story line.  Why would I want to write them?  Give me something to work with, events that will change our characters, grow them and unfold into a wonderful tale that might involve more than one story.   
-Music
   -I have been a musician almost twice as long now as I was not a musician.   I hear music in my head all the time.  It's a vital part of my life and if I can
    integrate that into a story I'm a happy camper. 
Ons and Offs                   A/A                         Cravings  
not considering new RPs. Erratic response time

Ink Slinger

Taken

I Just Need...Someone
I Just Need...Someone
"There is a primal reassurance in being touched, in knowing that someone else, someone close to you, wants to be touching you. There is a bone-deep security that goes with the brush of a human hand, a silent, reflex-level affirmation that someone is near, that someone cares."
— Jim Butcher (White Night)

She's a successful, eager, bright, intelligent woman who has it all together.  Her life is going just as planned.  She completed a five year master's program with flying colors, was hired immediately after graduation and works tirelessly.  She drives an expensive, sporty little car, lives in a luxury penthouse apartment and is out every weekend among the A-listers.  It's all perfect. 

Except that it's not.  None of it means a damned thing because at the end of day or night of living it up she goes home alone.  Oh sure, outwardly she appears to have it all together and even appears to have a huge circle of friends.  She can't trust her so-called friends though, each one wants something from her and none would be there if she lost it all.  You can't tell it from the outside but she's dying inside, screaming for someone just to reach out with an honest, friendly, no strings attached supportive touch.

He's someone that typically she would hardly notice (maybe just a security guard or some such), just another face in the crowd except, his eyes.  When he looks at her she can't see the demands poorly hidden in his eyes or the calculation she sees in everyone else.  She struggles to let him in though, afraid that perhaps he just that good a con-artist until late one night when attempting to start her car in the parking garage the starter will no more than click a few times.  He kindly offers to drive her home.

Alternate Plans
Alternate Plans

Setting: Modern day, big city

It wasn't supposed to happen like this.  It was just a casual thing, no emotions involved.  They both had too much at stake for that kind of distraction.  As she stood there, in his shirt looking out over the rising sun from their penthouse suite of the night, she wondered if she could just break it off and not tell him anything.  They'd had this arrangement for years, it started in Grad school.  He was a good man and she knew when she told him he would want to do the right thing.  He'd promise her the world and try to deliver but inevitably fall short.  At a stirring behind her, she looked to the bed with a sultry smile.  "Morning lover, the coffee's nearly done" and I'm pregnant...

So this story is a long term one, I'd like to see it done episodically.  It could begin anywhere between them meeting and the event pictured.  She's a lawyer, he's an investment banker or something else that's high pay, high stress and high power.  He might even be a junior senator.  Their agreement is simple, it's sex without attachment.  They've called on one another in the past when they need a date to a function. Neither has yet achieved their ultimate career goal.  Their deal has been on hold in the past when one or the other does find someone to date, but those things never seem to last. 

Does she tell him? How do they deal with it? If she doesn't tell him does she keep the child? I can see a lot of story lines that could be explored.  If it goes on long enough alternate story lines could even be explored with the path diverging from the last.

Ink Slinger

Under Discussion

Ink Slinger

Currently Craving...
(In no particular order) click on any image to enlarge

Lady in Waiting

Setting: Italy, early sixteenth century

Carlotta Adessi is the youngest daughter of Gherado and Marcella Adessi.  She feels like she's been waiting forever for anything to happen in her life.  Her very traditional parents have married off their daughters one by one making political alliances that would advance the family.  Carlotta has watched each sister, mostly unhappily, leave the family home to be a wife in little more than title and duties in the bed chamber.  She wants none of that, however being the youngest and prettiest of the daughter he parents have many suitors to consider including a Medici. 

Carlotta has found herself bored and anxious in the waiting.  Like many daughters she has an idea of love in her mind and wants love, not power.  One of suitors, far down on her parents list of acceptable men, is a Spanish Duke.  He's been around the Italian court for years and had his eye on the youngest of the Adessi girls.  Little does she know, nearly half the gifts she's received anonymously from potential suitors are from him and he's not looking for just a wife.  That beautiful choker she received, not just jewelry, but a symbol of who she could belong to.

How does he make his first overt move?  Will she submit? Lots of possibilities to explore.

They Say You Can't Go Home

Setting: Modern Day, former plantation in a small southern town

At the tender, rebellious age of seventeen she'd been disowned by her father all because she wouldn't attend an all women's college, get a degree in business and marry the stuck up asshole he wanted to take over the distillery.  Her family owned a rather large operation and she'd wanted something else for her life.  She didn't want to just be a trophy.  The fight ended with her storming out with just one suitcase.  She'd managed to find a place for herself, put herself through college and find the life she always thought she wanted. 

That was until she realized she didn't love the man she was about to marry.  She thought she was in love with him, but she was just in love with the idea of a life outside her family home.  Then the call came.  Her mother was terribly sick and wasn't going to survive this time.  She always heard you couldn't go home again, but now she had to.  She had the cab drop her off at the end of the quarter mile dirt road that lead up to the estate.  The closer she got to home, the more her sense of dread grew.  She hadn't spoken to her father in over ten years. 

She also hadn't spoken to him in ten years.  He was the reason she didn't want to marry the man her father picked out and groomed to take over the business.  He was the Master Distiller's son.  See, her father knew business but not liquor.  The last two generations of Wright's had only run the business side leaving the distilling and aging to a Master Distiller.  She didn't eve know if he'd taken over for his father yet or if he would after the way she left.  Too proud to run to him for help she just left without a word.  She never answered his overtures when he tried to contact her, but now she's back and for a little while at least can't run away.     

Jeans and Pearls

Setting: Time period isn't terribly important as long as we agree; Rural area

He always said his favorite dress of hers was jeans and pearls.  He loved everything about the way she looked in them.  From the sexy allure of something left to the imagination under that denim to the contrast of white pearl against her sun bronzed skin.  She could absolutely mesmerize him in the simplest of clothing.  The first strand he ever bought her was of course fake.  The pearlescent paint had long worn off the little orbs, but then they'd been gift for her sixteenth birthday.  An innocent gift from boy to girl to show his interest in more than friendship.  Yet, she still kept them and sometimes still wore them. 

He gave her the second strand, a real set, when she rushed back to town to be at his side when his mother died.  Oh of course, she'd cared deeply for his mother, after all she'd been a womanly confidant when she couldn't quite tell something to her own mother.  She had come back to town in a hurry, didn't pack anything for the funeral, so he told her just to wear her jeans and a black dress shirt.  In the limo on the way to the church he'd given her a strand that belonged to his mother.  "To wear today.  She'd want you to have them." He said. 

And now she was back in town again.  Still unwed, still as gorgeous as ever, even in her grief.  He's the town sheriff and someone has murdered her mother.  I don't know what other secrets these two characters have or who killed her mother or why yet.  Those are things I'd like to work out together.  Ideally this story will be a romance woven into a mystery.  It's been five years or so since his mother's death.  Her father passed when she was fairly young (perhaps in a war, depends on the time period if we even define it) and she has no siblings so she's set to inherit the house and whatever her mother had left.  Aside from his mother being dead it's up to you whether he has any family left. 

There was always a something between them, and maybe they did date but she wanted out of the town and went away to college.  I think in the years since his mother's death they drifted apart.  Maybe she gave into temptation comforting him in his grief and they did hook up then, at least for sex.  There are a lot of details to build here.

A Goodbye Remembered

Setting: Great Britain, Following WWII

Matilda "Millie" Hamilton went to the train station to see her brother off, hoping she'd see him again.  Her mother stubbornly remained home, still angry with the boy for volunteering to go to war.  Millie kept a smile plastered on her face, hiding the tears and fears that would surely break free once she got back to car to return home.  She was one in a sea of women wishing soldiers goodbye and good luck.  Every where she looked were tear filled partings and promises of return.  She didn't ask her brother to promise any such thing.  She wasn't naive enough to let herself believe he could keep such a promise and she didn't want to be angry with him for breaking it.

He boarded the train she walked along following his figure in the window, for one last wave.  As she passed a window one of the men whistled, catching her attention.  She looked up to find three young men hanging out a train window.  They began calling out and she looked around making sure they were speaking to her, as she knew none of them. 
"Hey there little lady" 
She looked around. 
"Yes you!"
She looked around some more before her eyes met his.
"Yes, you in the sensible blue skirt, white top and gray jacket."
"I'm sorry, do I know you?" She asked.
"No but how about a kiss?"
"Why on earth-"
"For good luck!" One of his buddies shouted.
"Because it may be the last he ever gets." The other chimed in.
"Because if I have to die, I want the memory of kissing the most beautiful woman at the station to cling to."
She didn't know why she stepped forward, probably because shouting at him seemed so very rude.  They were in public after all and they were beginning to make a spectacle.
"Come on, one kiss for luck?" He made big puppy dog eyes at her. "
"Alright." She relented and blew him a kiss.
He leaned out the window to catch her hand, his buddies grabbed his legs and hoisted him out the window holding him there.  He grabbed her with one strong arm and kissed her deeply.  Millie responded.  Her heart beat quick, her lips parted, their tongues mingled and she grabbed on to him.  Before she knew it the train was moving and he was pulled away. 

Millie's brother didn't make it back from the war, but as luck would have it, he ran into that soldier she kissed who recognized her photo.  During a conversation in a foxhole her mystery soldier learned her identity.  And after the war he's come to find her again...

A A Song in the Heart

Setting: Time period is up for debate; Baton Rouge, Louisiana

She could sing, he could play the piano.  Almost as if they were meant to be except until they each walked into that little club they were perfect strangers.  The ad in the window stated the proprietor sought an entertainer to for Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays as Tuesday night was open mic, Friday night live local bands on the up and coming and Saturday night was karaoke night.  They auditioned separately, on different days possibly, only met they reported to work the first night.  Imagine their surprise at finding someone else prepared to take the stage at the time they were given!  Eventually though they find themselves quite in sync with sparks of something more...

Ink Slinger

Ideas in the Making
Something that my interest but hasn't fully developed into an idea yet.  If you see something you like, feel free to pitch the idea but know I don't always swing at the pitch. (Yes I just used a sports metaphor poorly)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ink Slinger

Retired Ideas...
Those ideas I might still visit one day, but currently am not craving.  If you have a spin on one of these or another interesting angle I am all ears.

Yes Maestro

Yes Maestro...

Kaileigh is a young musician, just out of college (22-24 years old) with a fair amount of talent and even more drive.  She finds herself employed by a large symphony orchestra and once again in a position to have to prove herself.  She's intelligent, cunning, smiles easily and has an uncanny ability to look far more innocent that she really is.  Kaileigh uses every one of her strengths to gain the advantage in a world where you are judged every moment on  more than just your talent. 

He is the first chair violinist and older than she, (anywhere between 30 and 45) but notices her very quickly.  At first she's on his radar because she poses a threat to his position as first violin but then he sees her beauty.

The way I see the story right now it begins with her coming into the symphony and seeking out the first chair violin to meet him, because she knows she can learn from him.  As the story evolves and she works her way up the ranks, their relationship becomes one of lovers and rivals.  He knows she could very well take his prestigious position from him but he can't help but want to see her become successful.  The more time they spend together, both impassioned by they music they perform and attracted to one another, one thing leads to another...

Perhaps too, he can be her solace.  Treasuring her for what she brings to the table and loving her for just what she is, nothing more and nothing less.  With him, she is free from judgement and able to relax and be herself.

What Could Have Been...
What Could Have Been...
The Background:
They met when she was eleven and he was twelve, sent off to the same boarding school and became fast friends, thick as thieves one might even say.  She was your typical tomboy, more into sports and getting dirty than skirts and makeup.   It didn't help that she was a late bloomer physically and for a long time her brother, barely eleven months older, had every convinced she was a boy.  It never bothered her just being one of the guys and it never occurred to her that her best friend could be anything more.  It was only too convenient that it turned out he lived less than fifteen miles away.  Until she had to move away.

She was fifteen and he sixteen when her grandfather fell ill and her mother decided they all had to move not to another state, but to another country entirely!  The night before she was supposed to leave she went to his house with the purpose of returning a hoodie she borrowed and never returned.  It killed her to have to leave him behind and no matter how much talking either did their parents would not allow them on last all nighter together.  When her dad showed up to pick her up, her friend stopped her in the hall and planted a kiss on her.  Her first kiss.  Dazed, confused and not wanting to leave more than ever she swept from the southern coast of California to dreary, cold, rainy London.  They kept in touch for a while, until she realized she still had his hoodie and sent it back because he still refused to talk about the kiss and she had developed a crush on someone else. 

The present:
Fast forward three years, she's eighteen and setting off for college.  They're attending the same college, something she isn't aware of until her first day on campus when she runs into him.  She is definitely no longer the oversized tee-shirts and jeans wearing tomboy she was when she moved.  His flame still burns for her, but does hers for him?  Or will they just be strangers who were once the best of friends?

Can't Fight the Moonlight
Can't Fight the Moonlight

Setting: Large North American city about 3 hours from mountains and lakes

Emelia Barclay had always been a night owl, even from a young age she hated mornings and was most energetic after the sun went down.  She liked the dark and the silvery cast to the world when the moon rose full and high above the earth.  She supposed that's why she worked nights at the club, but tonight was her night off.  She had plans to go out with her girlfriends drink, dance and maybe pick up a guy to fall into bed with for the night.  For once she was dressed and ready to go early.  Her roommate was still getting ready so she popped in her ear buds and went out to the balcony.  Something about the moon tonight...  She climbed up on to the railing, as she was want to do, and sat just staring up at the bright white orb.  Music thrummed in her hears, something with an almost primal bass drum beat.  Her roommate hated she sat out here like this.  Swore Emelia would fall to her death one day.  Falling like that didn't scare her. 

Falling in love scared her.  It's why she never made emotional connections with men and when she started to feel one she headed for the door as fast as she could.  Little did she know this night could change everything...  Suddenly she had a burning desire to escape the concrete jungle for somewhere wide open.

Collin Stone hated the concrete jungle.  He had a little cabin on a lake a few hours outside the city.  He needed to get there fast or the night was going to end very poorly for him.  It was three hours to the cabin and he figured he had four before he absolutely had to change.  He could fight the change for a time, one day he hoped to be able to resist the entirety of the full moon, but that took an old and powerful wolf.  He'd only been bitten a half dozen years ago, but already was showing power and strength wolves thrice his age possessed. 

It Was Supposed to be a Party
It was Supposed to be a Party

Setting: Rural area in a southeastern US state present day (possibly a different era, open for discussion)

Everything had been set, tables and chairs under tents and across the lawn.  Though early reports had the weather going bad for the day, when she woke up the sun shone brightly and the day felt warm if breezy.  Hannah Scott couldn't believe her luck.  The ground might still be a bit muddy in places but she decided she could totally rock the galoshes with dress look.  Despite assurances she wouldn't be the only young-ish adult at her father's retirement party Hannah quickly found herself bored and the only young-ish person at the party.  Well except for the few younger guys who were just at the party to suck up to Edward's co-workers.  Ever the book worm she pulled a novel from her jacket pocket taking a seat at one of the tables to read. 

He arrived late to the party.  Conner Reid couldn't remember the last time he'd seen the Scott family.  His graduation party perhaps?  He was in town on business and his parents had insisted he stay for old man Scott's retirement party.  He said his hellos, congratulated Edward and was just about to make an excuse for needing to run when he spotted her.   He knew Hannah would age well, just look at her mother, but not that well.  Or maybe it wasn't Hannah sitting there reading but one of her younger cousins? Who knew they all looked so much alike in the Scott family.  As Conner got closer though he could see the scar on her thigh, just at the edge of her hem line, confirmation that this beautiful creature was indeed the girl he'd grown up with.

The Debutante
The Debutante
Victoria was born into a world of wealth and privilege.  She went to private schools as a child, went to college though has no use for her degree and of course, as any good rich, southern family does, she was given a debutante ball.  She's now poised to marry a junior senator from Georgia and transition from trophy daughter to trophy wife.  Everything is picture perfect from the outside.  She knows exactly what to say and when, is very schooled in keeping her calm and appearing happy even radiant.  But... She is bored a hell.  Of course she wants to marry the junior senator because one day he will be a powerful force in the state and of course his money will keep her living the life to which he is accustomed. 

Cue the man who could bring it all down around her.  There are a few ways this could play out.  First, a man who makes her feel very real things in his presence, that quickening of the heart and clench of her core.  An almost violent desire for him.  Which leaves her with a choice...  Second, is the lover who gives her exactly what she needs sexually and is blackmailing her.  Third, her betrothed senator turns out to be quite wickedly dominate and pushes her even beyond her own desires to explore more depraved desires.

Blood is Thicker than Water

Blood is Thicker Than Water...Or Is It?
“I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching--they are your family.”
― Jim Butcher, Proven Guilty

She never really knew what family meant.  Her mother got pregnant young and the sperm donor hightailed it.  Of course, her mom tried to give her the best life she could, but she always resented the little girl who made her grow up too soon.  Her grandparents wanted no part in the disgrace upon their family.  Because of this, Meghan has trust issues and she never really lets anyone in close, except Brian. (Name negotiable, I just needed one to use)  Meghan and Brian met in the seventh grade when he accidentally hit her in the head with a volleyball.  It was awkward at first, because let's face it, twelve/thirteen years old is just awkward as hell for most people and having a boy who was a friend and not a boyfriend is its own can of worms. 

Meghan and Brian became best friends though, there for each other through thick and thin.  They were there to pick up the pieces when one got their heart broken, there to talk when life got stressful or weird.  They managed to get one another through college as well.  Boyfriends and Girlfriends came and went but they were always just there.  Meghan is bound for another big upheaval in her life.  (Not entirely sure what this tragedy is yet)  She's also about to learn, that all along, Brian was her family as once again, he's there for her.  Family is truly the people around you who care about you and will be there no matter what, no matter when and all along, that's been Brian.

A few points I'm not settled on yet:
-Did they ever date? (I think they tried to date when they were young--between the ages of 15 &19--but discovered they were better as friends then.)
-Did they ever sleep together?
-Did they ever feel jealous over whomever the other was dating?

More than Bargained for...

More than Bargained for
Sex before marriage was off the table and Nichole could never quite get out of her man the exact reason why.  So imagine her excitement and the thrill as her dress was torn off in the limo before they reached his mansion like home.  She gave him quite the funny look as he turned his own shirt into a blindfold, but loving surprises and trusting him utterly she complied.  Nicole allowed herself to be led into his home, where he seated her in the library and prepared for the night ahead... 

This one is pretty much your standard dom/sub story.  Exploring how she reacts to it, finding their balance and all that jazz. There is still much to be worked out about this story.  I definitely want someone who is confident in writing a dominate male, but the story I have in mind doesn't go much beyond bondage, deliciously tortuous teasing and the like.  I'm also looking for someone willing to help take this basic idea and make it workable into something beyond the smut. 

Affiance Gone Astray

Affiance Gone Astray

Setting: Late Victorian Era France

Eloise Bellerose and Jean Chevalier were both born to rather affluent families.  Their mothers had been girlhood friends who had the luck to marry men who resided in the country surrounding the same small village.  Born just months apart their mother's greatest dreams were to see the pair wed to join the families, however their fathers had other plans.  As small children they were allowed to play together.  As they grew older though, their time together became limited to sitting at table together when the families shared meals, society functions where they chanced to meet and the occasional stolen moment when they managed to slip away and meet in the wilderness joining their families properties. 

The two grew to love one another in a serious manner over the years as childhood gave way to responsibility and adulthood.  Jean became her source of comfort at her mother's passing when Eloise was only thirteen.  Years passed and the two remained close despite jealousies over suitors.  Eloise stood next to her father grinning at Jean during her birthday celebration as the patriarch made a speech that ended in the announcement of her engagement to Lord Lachance, a marriage arranged in relative secret.  The news came a surprise to the lovers.  Unable to keep her emotions in check Eloise fled the room, followed quickly by Jean.  When her father discovered them pledging their devotion to one another Jean was driven from the house.

Will Jean be able to change Monsieur Bellerose's mind and allow him to marry his love?  Will Eloise find a way to escape her father's home and be with her one true love or will she do what duty dictates and troth herself to a man she's never even met? There are many possibilities for the unfolding of these two lives and I want very much to shape it with the person who chooses to write the role of Jean (whose name is completely subject to change, I just needed something to put in the narrative).

Hot Cockles
Hot Cockles

Setting: A Christmas party

It had been easy to convince her husband to attend the party.  After all, he got on well with several of the other husband's in attendance at the party and the host couple was supplying the beer and booze.  Convincing him to participate in some of the old, sometimes long forgotten, traditions and games.  The hostess wanted something different for her annual Christmas party and had found some very old traditions to celebrate the season.  One of which, Miranda was quite skeptical was actually an old game people used to play at Holiday parties.  Well, okay maybe the ancient Greeks or Romans but certainly not pre-Victorian Englishmen. 

The game sounded easy enough.  A play would be blindfolded as the others switched seats or positions in the room.  The blindfolded party would then be led to kneel with their head in the lap of another participant while a third lightly spanked the blindfolded person.  That person then had to guess it who it was that gave them the little smack.  Miranda's husband has politely excused himself from play claiming he needed some air or some such.  And that's when it happened.  Their neighbor, Christoper, a good looking divorcé who'd once or twice flirted with her gave Miranda a look that had a flush rising to her cheeks.   As fate would have it, she would be the first woman blindfolded. 

She expected just a light tap on her ass.  What the spanker delivered was anything but light.  The sound filled her ears while the sensation sent a shock of pleasure through her.  Was that Topher?  It couldn't be her husband.  Dennis didn't go in for that kind of thing, calling it vulgar. 

All I Want for Christmas

All I want for Christmas

Setting: the weeks leading up to Christmas

They'd known one another since early childhood, had been close as brother and sister at point in their lives.  College changed everything though.  She couldn't wait to get out of town and be anywhere else so she'd gone away to college out of state.  Sure, they kept in touch almost daily at first but by graduation they only spoke on birthdays, holidays or when they had some kind of big news to share.  She didn't even know if he'd be heading to his parent's for the Holidays this year or not.  But she really hoped so. 

She couldn't stop thinking about him, no matter what she tried.  He was all she wanted for Christmas.

Sleep Walking
Sleep Walking

Setting: Modern day, rural farm

Meredith Fowler needed a break.  She'd been working as hard as she possibly could the last three years to get herself through a five year Master's Program.  She'd always been something of an over achiever and wanted to get out of the one horse town she grew up in.  Lately though, the course load started to get to her.  Insomnia, panic attacks and near complete lack of appetite plagued her and so, for the first time in three years, she's chosen to go home for the summer rather than taking summer courses.

She wanted out of the small town at any cost, but is the cost she's paying too high?  At home, she's finally sleeping but the stress was still taking its toll and she's begun to sleep walk.  At first she'd fall asleep in her bed and wake up on the couch or out in the porch swing where she used to like to nap as a child.  One night however, she makes her way to the neighboring farm and ends up sleeping in the hay barn.

I don't have a real clear  idea for who discovers her.  The farmer next door who watched her grow up, the farm boy next door who grew up with her and always pined for her, a farm hand or someone else.  It's something we can work out if the idea appeals.

Ink Slinger

Added "A Goodbye Remembered" and did some general cleaning up and updating.  Also spell checked because egad some of the errors were bad.