Isle of the Damned - Recruitment Thread - Always Open

Started by GnothiSeauton, September 09, 2014, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Aiden on September 10, 2014, 07:44:41 PM
I have a first mate already

I wasn't looking for a first mate role, more a retainer or swordsman mercenary.

Interdiction of words

Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Nadir

I'm going to express my interest - not sure if I have time for another game, but Timeless and Dancing Flower brought it to my attention and damnit, I love everything about this

Timeless

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 10, 2014, 08:05:27 PM
I'm going to express my interest - not sure if I have time for another game, but Timeless and Dancing Flower brought it to my attention and damnit, I love everything about this

Join. Join. Join! But happy to see you here, Dim! <3333333

Deamonbane

Aiden, are you still looking for Cutthroats/Fighters for your ship?

Also, I would like to reserve Iko Uwais for my character...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Aiden

Amber and Demon, yes

But keep in mind they deal heavy with the slave trade, raping, murdering, stealing. So any heavy morals...not the right ship for you.

Deamonbane

The idea that I had in mind for my character would be a former slave and pit fighter himself. Not exactly the moral type, nor the most peaceful...
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

AmberStarfire

Why, do my characters always radiate goodness?

I've played a variation on this same character before in a 7th Sea game on another site. She was a sadist pirate lieutenant in that game, skilled with a knife fighting school who let me channel a bit of knifeplay. She was also a murderess. Not exactly the moral type either.

Black Howling

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Black Howling on September 10, 2014, 08:21:25 PM
@Ambe: There is no cut off date at the moment.

Ok, thanks Black Howling. I figure I should have a sheet in a couple of days.

Black Howling

Quote from: AmberStarfire on September 10, 2014, 08:23:02 PM
Ok, thanks Black Howling. I figure I should have a sheet in a couple of days.
Anytime. And thank you for not pointing out my phone typo. >_>

GnothiSeauton

Attempting to work my way through character sheets and PMed questions and inquiries on my end.  For reasons of fairness, I am holding off on giving approval until Howling and I get a chance to compare notes and thoughts.  So far, I'm really, really, really loving what I'm seeing.

And as Howling said, there is no cut-off date.  If you make a claim and it's been over a week, we'd like to see at least some progress on a character sheet to justify keeping the claim in your name.  I don't want to just give claims out to people, who don't use them if others really want to do something with said face claim.  That's the only deadline.

As far as story goes, I think it'd be pretty easy for people to just show up whenever
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

ArtemisHighmore

Presented for consideration!
Pash
~ ~ ~  Kenneth ‘Pash’ James Lyon  ~ ~ ~

Writer Name:  ArtemisHighmore

Character Name:  Kenneth James Lyon

Alias / Nickname:  Pash

Face Claim:  Jack Davenport

Blood Status:  Non-magical human

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  Currently a sellsword upon the island of Effugios.

Country/Kingdom of Birth: Born in the kingdom of Pastoria

Physical Description:  Tall and toned, Kenneth can be rather agile and light upon his toes when he needed to be. Currently down on his luck, he presents himself as surly and mostly drunk, his shoulders stooped and his clothing well worn and weathered. His dark brown hair is kept long and often dirty, stubble covering his cheeks most times. Steel grey eyes are ever alert to his surroundings, observant of what goes on in the taverns that he frequents.

Personality:  Kenneth is surly and easy to anger, more than willing to fight over even the smallest of slights. He loves a good fight, especially if it gives him a chance to show off his skill with the sword, as well as a stiff drink and a pretty girl, when he can get the attention of one. Has a strong dislike for anyone opening claiming to be from Pastoria, his resentment for the kingdom hovering just below the surface. Tends to act like there is a chip on his shoulders.

Profession:  Sellsword, potential pirate if he was to ever find a ship.

History:  Born on the coast of the Kingdom of Pastoria, Kenneth grew up with a love for the water, often getting into trouble for ‘borrowing’ a fisherman’s boat to go out into the bay. As soon as he was old enough, he joined the first craft that was willing to hire him, learning the ropes until he could join the kingdom’s navy. He thrived among the ranks, discovering a natural skill with the sword and a gift for working the rigging, his tall frame allowing him to scurry about with relative ease.

The navy taught him to hate all pirates, his first years of service spent racing up and down the coast protecting merchants and hunting the thieves. During a wild, prolonged chase, they found themselves swept up in a wild storm. Losing sight of their target, it became a battle against gale winds, struggling to avoid the rocks and the towering cliffs of the coast. Kenneth can’t recall the actual wreck or splashing into the water. He awoke upon a piece of drifting wreckage, awoken by the cries of sailors on a passing ship. As luck would have it, he had lost his uniform, a fortunate turn of events when he discovered that it was in fact a pirate vessel that had discovered him.

Unable to accept his situation, he managed to talk his way off ship when they made port on Effugios, having taken up the name of Pash, trying top bury his past as best he could, worrying that if he were to ever be discovered he would probably be killed. Finding solace in a bottle, Kenneth has eked out an existence upon the island with the occasional fight, card game or odd job when he has the opportunity.

Religion:  Non religious

Weapons:  He’s in possession of an aged cutlass that he keeps on his left hip as well as a knife in his boot.

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

On's and Off's:  Same as the player

Sindra

I didn't send my CS to Howling.  Would you like me to resend it to both of you so it makes it easier?  Or just leave it be since there's so much other stuff going on?

Devilyn Sydhe

I am currently considering a mercenary/muscle for hire with a pet slave likely kept on a leash or chain, a submissive pet that could either be pc or npc.  He would use her both as sounding board and punching bag, mostly because he would care for her in his way though not respect the fact she had any existence without him.

I am planning on having him from Malum and was wondering if it is acceptable to have him be from the Dumar family?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: KalebHyde on September 10, 2014, 08:46:07 PM
I am currently considering a mercenary/muscle for hire with a pet slave likely kept on a leash or chain, a submissive pet that could either be pc or npc.  He would use her both as sounding board and punching bag, mostly because he would care for her in his way though not respect the fact she had any existence without him.

I am planning on having him from Malum and was wondering if it is acceptable to have him be from the Dumar family?

Well thats not tempting at all. *obvious sarcasm is obvious*
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Sindra on September 10, 2014, 08:35:40 PM
I didn't send my CS to Howling.  Would you like me to resend it to both of you so it makes it easier?  Or just leave it be since there's so much other stuff going on?

I can send it to him.  A lot of people forget, and I just usually respond with a quote and a CC. 
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Interdiction of words

I am looking got a crew for a privateer ship that would like to feel a bit more wealthy then dirty pirates

I need:
First mate
Fighters and ship board people
Quarter master
Doctor
Soldiers
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Deamonbane

So... I need to send the worked character sheet to GnothiSeauton and Howling... but do I need to send it to Aiden too, considering I am applying for a position on the Black Dahlia?

GnothiSeauton

Just a heads up, sort of an announcement...

If I miss a question or comment, don't be afraid to nudge or poke me on here or through PM.  I'm currently working on tending to my PMs and character sheets, and then will get to going through here and answering questions.

This thread has kind of exploded on me, and am trying to keep up with it.  I've noticed I missed a few questions directed to the GMs.  I'm going to try and answer any and all shortly.

In other news... 

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213265.0

The OOC thread is up and running!

Seeking New Stories

Black Howling

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 10, 2014, 09:05:36 PM
So... I need to send the worked character sheet to GnothiSeauton and Howling... but do I need to send it to Aiden too, considering I am applying for a position on the Black Dahlia?
Well Aiden is the captain, so I'd say yes.

Aiden

I think you should get it approved first, then we can work something about. But if you want to plot history now, before you submit you can PM me.

consortium11

I've just been accepted  >:)

Uber-metal psuedo-Viking clan chief with anger issues and a longboat full of killers?

Oh yes please...