Interest Check: One Piece RP?

Started by Wolfy, May 02, 2012, 09:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

But we can't just be shorthanded elsewhere. We need a doctor, a navigator and shipwright at the very least. Things like helmsman and musician can wait.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

kingmaster1

Vaulera

I could have my character also take the role of navigator, sniper isn't quite a ship role, but I would say we could arrange it in the order for number of people interested, filling only the necessary roles and then making them dual purpose if they want more.

coolhands

i wouldnt mind taking on the role of navigator.  i was thinking about making someone with a rope rope devil fruit ability.  does that sound alright to every one

Mathim

So would that be similar to Paulie from Water 7? Sounds like it could be a potential tentacle monster in the making.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

coolhands

i guess like paulie except a devil fruit, he can use the ropes to control/steer the ship.  limbs could turn into ropes, i have multiple ideas.  could be very much like a tentacle moster, that would be fun

Mathim

You mean the thought hadn't occurred to you until I said something? I would have thought the whole reason for imagining a rope-power would be for the ability to be a human tentacle monster. It sounds like it's going to be a little similar to how my character's weapon works. It's a fishing pole that ate a Spider fruit, so it can shoot out webs and tie things up, Spider-Man style.

coolhands

will it be too close, i have other ideas how to use it.  like a fighting style like using rope darts, with his fist on the end and rope between fist and elbow, things like that

Mathim

Not really, I don't think it'll be too close. He's mostly going to use her like a couple of other anime characters I've seen. I'll have to find youtube links for them so I can give you guys an idea of how it'll work, but if anyone has heard of these, I'll describe them so people who know can get an idea sooner. Since he wears the fishing pole on his back like a giant staff/spear, he can have it shoot out its fishhook and grab things and then retract the line so it acts like a winch and lets him get up to high places quickly; this will be similar to how the winch device from the series Desert Punk works, if anyone has seen it. And for combat, he'll wield the fishing pole more like a whip or lashing weapon, similar to how Uraurashima from Yu Yu Hakusho fought Kurama. I'll try to find video links for those later.

So anything you can think of other than those should be just fine for a rope guy. I recommend using lasso moves in your repertoire and also having them move erratically like snakes to confuse the enemies and make their movements unpredictable.

Edit: I couldn't find any decent vids on youtube of either thing, dammit. I'll just try to describe it as best I can in writing when the RP stuff starts.

kingmaster1

Mathim

Thanks. I'll leave the tying up people thing mostly to rope-guy; since my fishing pole is a spider, I can just use her venom instead to incapacitate targets. Either way, they won't be going anywhere soon.

kingmaster1

cool....I hate spiders....but the idea is cool....

Mathim

Maybe you won't hate her if her venom has aphrodisiac properties.

kingmaster1

true....but it's still a spider....*shiver*

Mathim

Then she'll just have to web you up so you can't escape.

kingmaster1

Mathim

LOL. Where the hell is everybody else, then? I don't want to be on at times when everyone else isn't available.

ShadowFox89

I'm here, but busy with other games at the moment.

And can we please move this stuff to the OOC?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mathim

Well, there's nothing going on over there. At least if we're active here, it might entice others and think this is a more popular idea. Or something.

spooky

It's already a fun idea, I want in.. I'll be the doctor, I have a shot for everything. Are you read for you're weekly injections?
I have taken The Oath of Drake.

coolhands

Ok ill try to have my character up soon.  Should it be posted in the OCC thread?

spooky

.. Well I'm just going to impose my character on you guys' OOC thread, since this ship seems to be sailing around with very little direction lol

kingmaster1

until wolfy posts that IC we are pretty directionless, but shadow seems to be trying to keep some sort of direction which is good ;D

spooky

Well the way I'm thinking I've already got the perfect doctor in mind...

Mathim

So we need someone to be shipwright for when we get shot at. Since our ship is a clockwork thing might I suggest someone with some kind of clock/time related devil fruit or something like that? It would have to be someone who not only understands shipbuilding but also mechanics and things like that. That would be a nice thing to incorporate into their fighting style.