Adventure League 5e

Started by Lyku, June 21, 2017, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyku

I am thinking of starting a Hardcover adventure over the forums that I want to be Adventurer's League legal.  For those that are not aware, AL is DND that is more or less sanctioned by Wizards of the Coast.  Adventures would all be from modules, XP you earn are logged by players with my DCI number and the characters would be allowed to be played at other Adventure League events, which you can sometimes find at your local hobby shops.  I am checking to see if there is an interest for this.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Whowhatwhere

I have an AL wizard I could use
The O's and the A's --- AFK every weekend

Lyku

Level?  For this, I typically prefer to see a copy of log sheets for characters that are already made
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Whowhatwhere

I played one game at a hobby shop. He was level 1, but I had big plans for him. I don't have anything but a physical character sheet and my AL number on a card somewhere...

Lyku

Do you have the details of the XP/gold you earned?  Log should be kept with what you were playing "Module/Adventure" name, date played, then gold/XP/downtime/renown earned.

Whowhatwhere

I'll have to get back to you on that

Pink Kitten

I've never played an Adventurer's League game, nor do I honestly really completely know what it means... but if that's not a problem, I'm definitely intrigued! It'd be interesting to see how it might work out here over the forums.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Kathyan

Quote from: Pink Kitten on June 22, 2017, 11:12:33 AM
I've never played an Adventurer's League game, nor do I honestly really completely know what it means... but if that's not a problem, I'm definitely intrigued! It'd be interesting to see how it might work out here over the forums.
I'm exactly in the same situation ^^

Lyku

Thais

Greetings

Would love to join. Have no prior experience with AL and willing to learn. I do have a level 6 Battle Master when playing with my usual 5e posse. I'm probably going fighter here as well.

I'll check the link for AL and research.

Hope to hear from you

Thais
What you see is what you get: a heart of an Angel and the mind of a Devil
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you
I'm available on Discord. Please feel free to connect  thaisdk#4077

Thais

I now have an account and DCI Number

I have the 5e module for Herolab. Would I be able to create my  character for AL using Herolab?

edit
I now have a fighter lvl 1
I am looking for a creative and imaginative female player. I am openminded, creative and imaginative as well
I love to research, plot and plan and I want to engage in cooperative brainstorms with you

Ashena

Interested. I have played DND a handful of times, so I am still new to the game but I have loved every minute of it. This could be really awesome if your willing to accept newer players willing to learn and adapt.

Thais

Quote from: Ashena on June 24, 2017, 02:31:08 PM
Interested. I have played DND a handful of times, so I am still new to the game but I have loved every minute of it. This could be really awesome if your willing to accept newer players willing to learn and adapt.

It seems to me this will be a game for non-veterans/non-experrts, since the majority of people interested clearly states they lack experience and are willing to work for it. I'm certain that us, with some experience, are ready to help those who want to learn

Chulanowa

I'm in. Got my new DCI number and everything. You'd think I could remember my old one, since it was only four digits... 'Course that was back in 1997...  :P

Pink Kitten

I'm still really interested if this gets off the ground. I have a druid character concept I'd really love to try in a game like this :-)

Thais

Quote from: Pink Kitten on June 24, 2017, 03:46:03 PM
I'm still really interested if this gets off the ground. I have a druid character concept I'd really love to try in a game like this :-)

Cool, if you need help getting your DCI number, or use the handbook, please let me know :-)

Druid and fighter, what can go wrong?

Chulanowa

So we're allowed Core Handbook +1 additional resource for character creation? -Eyeballing Volo's Guide to Monsters-

Thais

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 24, 2017, 03:56:53 PM
+1 additional resource for character creation?

OK, how do you figure it is so?

Chulanowa

Going by the Adventurer's league player's handbook: https://media.wizards.com/2016/dnd/downloads/AL_PH_SKT.pdf

QuoteSteps 1 & 2: Choosing a Raceand Class
You may use all options presented in the Player’s
Handbook with regard to race and class, in order to
build and advance your character. For example, if you
are playing a human, you are allowed to use the
Variant Human Traits, as presented on page 31 of
the Player’s Handbook.
In addition to the Player’s Handbook however, you
may also choose to use one other resource from
those listed below to build your character. If you do
so, please indicate your chosen additional resource
on the first ‘Notes’ entry of your character’s logsheet.

As new player resources become available, they will
be added to this list.
• Elemental Evil Player’s Companion
• Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
• Volo’s Guide to Monsters
NOTE: Race options that grant a fly speed at 1st level
are not allowed for D&D Adventurers League play at
this time. Additionally, options presented in other
resources, such as the Death Domain found in the
Dungeon Master's Guide, or content from the various
Unearthed Arcana articles, are not allowed for play
unless you possess specific campaign
documentation that indicates otherwise.

Thais

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 24, 2017, 04:07:08 PM
Going by the Adventurer's league player's handbook

I see it, cool, thx :-)

SweetRevenge

I'd be interested. I own the Player Handbook along with a few other books and am familiar with dnd. I just never had any adventurer's league games, so I dont know quite how that stuff works. I'm used to dnd around a table and rolling dice, but Im interested to try it out through E =J I've made an AL account, but still learning how it all works >.> I honestly have a few ideas jumping around my head for characters that I wanna test out that I dont get the chance to play out, but I have a lot of ideas for a tiefling storm sorcerer... Even down to character art drawn by yours truly >:) A character I thought up for a game that never really happened, so I'm recycling the work I put into him ;)

Lyku

Character creation would be at level 1, as I am assuming no one here has an AL character.  New players are more than welcome and encouraged.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

SweetRevenge

Are we rolling our stats or are we using a point-system? I know both are popular and I personally prefer rolling my stats, but its up to the DM, really =P

Lyku

Adventure League character creation requires 27 point buy in.