The Mercenary Heroine (F lf Isekai)

Started by Soveliss, August 21, 2021, 07:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soveliss

It was supposed to be a normal search and rescue contract. When it came to locating missing people,
Kathy
, and her best friend Muninn, were the Lost Angels Wastelands' experts (though not many knew about the latter). Turns out, having an eye in the sky to search for anomalies was a great help. Crows were already clever birds, and mutated ones like Muninn could be even smarter. Sadly, even crows had their limits. Locating a field biologist looking to study mutated creatures was easy. Check with merchants for recent purchases of relevant field equipment, and then search around in the last area where such purchases were made. The trail lead to an abandoned village, the likes of which seemed popular with raiders, and somehow, raiders weren't present. As far as Kathy was concerned, it meant something far more dangerous than raiders was present... And the sheer absence of any mutated predators or radiation had Kathy on edge... Dressed in a leather vest, heavy boots, and leggings (finding pants accommodating her tail were harder than it sounded like), and clutching her SCAR as if her life depended on it (it very well might), and cursing the lack of earmuffs fit for her... Unique ears, she checked doors for any sign of life... And finally found the typical mutterings she expected from an odd-but-competent biologist engaging in research... She knocked. "Never fear, the rescue's here!" "Aaaah, yes, enter enter!" "Well glad to see you're in one piece. You should have contacted your friends weeks ago, and they thought you were in danger! Well, at least I can get my pay..." Pain shot in Kathy's stomach... As a tranq dart was sticking out of her stomach... "Okay, THAT DOES IT!" She rushed, which seemed to take her foe aback. A swift strike with the stock of her SCAR to his stomach brought him to his knees... And two rapid caws, a pause, and three rapid caws sounded... The Purity Order... That job was a setup from the start! A quick stomp on the biologist's throat silenced him forever... Already Kathy had difficulty judging distances... No way these bastards would vivisect her! She hated expending explosives, but the door was surely closely watched now... And thus she needed an alternate exit. Planting ANFO on a wall at the back of the small house, she lit the fuse and ran the other way. With the explosion, she could finally run. A few soldiers seemed surprised to see her, and she gunned them down before they could even draw their weapons. No wonders there were no raiders. Even they were scared shitless of the Purity Order. Already Kathy's sight seemed to blur, as the world seemed to suddenly shift 90 degrees... She could feel an odd wetness around her throat and cheeks as she crawled to a hideout... She realized it was her foaming at the mouth... Irony of ironies, she realized she was about to die of a goddamn tranq OD, because the bastards wanted her alive for study and it was just like their style to fuck it up... Black feathers brushed against her face... She knew what she had to do. Fumbling around her neck for her silver cross, the only piece of shiny jewelry she inherited from her mother, she handed it to her avian friend... She promised him he could get it when she died as long as he kept it safe, it was the only memento she had left of her family, and it was looking like her time was up. She felt like she was falling...

You know when people/entities get summoned at the most inconvenient time possible? Lucky for Kathy, in her case the opposite happened as she was summoned in a parallel world at the best possible time for her, and she could get prompt magical medical attention...Breaking the trend set by previous Isekai protagonists, while Kathy is a teenager, she comes from a post WW III Earth, and as such actually has a combat background. She is not given a legendary weapon, she carries her own, a Special operations forces Combat Assault Rifle, along with the knowledge of how to make her own powder and handload rounds, the knowledge to distill biodiesel, and to make Ammonium Nitrate Fuel Oil explosives. She also carries a multitool, a lighter, and miscellaneous odds and ends. Being a normal enough human with no magical capability whatsoever, she is very fragile and cannot effectively fight in close quarter, but as long as her ammo supply holds out, she is something of a glass cannon. Her catlike agility, stealth and night vision, as well as her nonmagical eye in the sky, make her an excellent infiltrator and scout, and, combined with her proficiency with explosives, an excellent saboteuse, and she has decent mole hunting knowledge. While her skillset isn't the usual "face the demons head-on" of Isekai protagonists, story wise, she would fulfill the same role of carrying it out highly important missions... Her missions being more geared towards scouting, sabotage, assassinations, and mole hunts.

Fun fact: crows are capable of mimicking human speech.
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.