Swashbuckler Idea's - very rough draft

Started by Swashbuckler, September 22, 2010, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

Hello!  Thanks for reading!  I'm Swashbuckler, or a Swashbuckler I'd guess you say.

So, to the heart of the matter, Idea's.

I don't really have anything hard and fast, or specific.  Basically, I am a genre guy, so I will list a bunch of those I could and would gladly play.

First of all, I am a HUGE gamer, so basically anything based off a game,  I am willing to try.

Zelda, Mario:  These would both be pretty interesting as they are mildly developed worlds with LOTS of potential that leave quite a bit behind the scenes to be expanded on.

Everquest 2:  I've got years and years in this game, and really am invested in the storylines, so I know I could get some good stuff going.  If you are a WoW person, don't be offended by this, but I probably can't make the switch.  I come from a very old school DnD background, and I am sorry, but Elves are NOT purple and don't have 12" ears.  That being said, I am not against trying something in WoW, but be advised you will be holding my hand as I know nothing of the story and will not be learning in from the game anytime soon.

DnD:  The beginning and the end.  Greyhawk, Forgotten Realms, Eberron, I've played it all and would love to RP something on here.

Star Wars:  If I am a fanboy of all of the above, you KNEW this was going to be on there.  Any time period.

Superheroes:  Never played anything here, and always wanted to.  Far more familair with Marvel than DC, but has passable knowledge of it all.  Also like "homebrew".

Sci-Fi:  Probably my weakpoint (outside of Star Wars and a little Trek), but always willing to try.

Harry Potter: Read the books and loved it. Would find an RP in the world to be interesting/exciting.

Steven Erikson (Malazan Book of th Fallen):  Almost done with this massive 10 books series, and goddamn if it isn't the BEST Fantasy I have ever read.  Ever.  If you are looking for a book recommendation, this and the following are the best.  If you've read it, PM me at will, as even if no RP comes about, I'd love to discuss the books with someone else.

Joe Abercrombie:  Much like the above, only less books.  For now.

Anitaverse:  I am still new to this genre.  Haven't read the books, but I have picked up a lot so far.

Well, thats it for now, just thought I would get something out there for anyone with some ideas looking for a partner in the genre.