News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20A (Two Slots Open)

Started by Jaded, June 27, 2014, 02:01:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Is there any chance you'd let one more person join?

Waterfall

*sigh* Guess I'll add myself to the queue, if there is one. I love Werewolf!

~~O/O's~~A/A's~~
Sleep, sleep tonight, and may your dreams be realized

Jaded

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on June 30, 2014, 07:07:04 AM
Not the best with character creation so..might take me a few to do this right.

She looks good so far :-)

Let me know when you update/finish her.

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 30, 2014, 03:06:19 PM
Yeah, that's Rites 8; going by the Book of Auspices provision to allow Theurges to buy the background past 5, to reflect their mystic training and whatnot.

As regards totem... I dunno, I'm always happy for the ST to drop one on a pack when there's no clear option. Jade's not terribly picky, I don't think.

I'll look it over later, I can't recall if I have the Book of Auspices, but will glance when I have my books/files.  I kind of went overboard buying them on DriveThru, so it is possible.

Quote from: Waterfall on June 30, 2014, 03:46:04 PM
*sigh* Guess I'll add myself to the queue, if there is one. I love Werewolf!

As mentioned in a PM to a couple of people I am willing to run a second game at the same Sept but with a different Plot.  It would be completely separate from this own (barring maybe occasional mention of events), but I would prefer different players (two or three more would be ideal).  Anyone reading, let me know if you are interested.

schnookums

I was eying this game earlier, and I'd definitely be interested in a second group myself.

Pumpkin Seeds

Just for future reference I have 2 points slotted toward Totem.

Alright, think I have 9 BP to spend.

AndyZ

How do folks feel about putting 4 totem points towards long-distance telepathic contact amongst the pack?  A fun substitute for cell phones, and much more paw-friendly.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lidian

I'd be willing to be in a second group!

AndyZ

Quote from: Jaded on June 29, 2014, 11:54:20 PM
Oh, I'll be using the optional nature and demeanor rules, so please select some from page 486 of the book.  Thanks.  I believe you also went over by 2 on freebie points unless I miscalculated (always possible). 

Fixed.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Jaded

Quote from: Chulanowa on June 30, 2014, 03:06:19 PM
Yeah, that's Rites 8; going by the Book of Auspices provision to allow Theurges to buy the background past 5, to reflect their mystic training and whatnot.

As regards totem... I dunno, I'm always happy for the ST to drop one on a pack when there's no clear option. Jade's not terribly picky, I don't think.

I'm fine with the higher rites, I am curious where your specialities are from in abilities (Crafts and Jury-Rig)?  As it usually requires a 4 dot rank. 

You also seem to be over by 2 freebie points unless I miscalculated.

Quote from: AndyZ on July 01, 2014, 11:53:17 AM
Fixed.

Looks good.  Thanks.

LuciusLeche

Interest in that second pack along with Lidian there!
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -Oscar Wilde

On's and Off's

More On's and Off's

AndyZ

Chulanowa

Quote from: Jaded on July 01, 2014, 10:46:40 PM
I'm fine with the higher rites, I am curious where your specialities are from in abilities (Crafts and Jury-Rig)?  As it usually requires a 4 dot rank. 

You also seem to be over by 2 freebie points unless I miscalculated.

Looks good.  Thanks.
W20's writeup of those abilities allows Specialties, even before 4 dots (Expression, Performance, Academics, and Science also have this going on)

And yeah, looks like I put in the wrong number for technology; should just be 2; fixed!

Jaded

Quote from: AndyZ on July 02, 2014, 12:52:20 AM
Quite welcome.  Sorry for the miscount.

Happens :-)  Is why I tend to glance over them.

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 02, 2014, 01:18:09 AM
W20's writeup of those abilities allows Specialties, even before 4 dots (Expression, Performance, Academics, and Science also have this going on)

And yeah, looks like I put in the wrong number for technology; should just be 2; fixed!

Ah, right, my mistake.  Looks good.

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 01, 2014, 10:33:48 AM
Just for future reference I have 2 points slotted toward Totem.

Alright, think I have 9 BP to spend.

Is your character sheet done or still working on it?

Chulanowa

Quote from: AndyZ on July 01, 2014, 10:36:18 AM
How do folks feel about putting 4 totem points towards long-distance telepathic contact amongst the pack?  A fun substitute for cell phones, and much more paw-friendly.

Well, as a ST, this power always drove me up the wall - I finally just changed it to the Dark Ages version, where it's more like "your totem can talk to all of you at once mo matter what" more than "your totem is a cell phone tower." And as a player, I'd really rather drop lots of points into the spirit itself so that we have a big robust badass buddy in the spirit world when we need it, and then worry about using it as a walkie-talkie.

But then I also have a bad habit of wanting to follow totems that are "neat!" rather than totems that are actually good  ;D Roadrunner or Smiling Happy Buddha scores higher in my book than, I dunno, Black Unicorn or Twister or the like.

Pumpkin Seeds

Muse

*Smiles* don't see why we couldn't have a totem who is both a big awesome ratlesnake spirit who likes to chill with us AND helps us keep in touch.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

I count 5 sheets and 9 Totem so far.  AndyZ, Muse, Dice, Pumpkin, Chula.  If Marie takes Totem 3, we can have both the Rattlesnake for 8 and the cell phone tower.

Can my Mokole use the Ancestors provided by Rattlesnake?

Dice

Andy, I only count 2 gifts on your sheet.

Also, when do we plan to start this?

AndyZ

Dice

Oh your the bird. My apologies.

Muse

He's not the bird, he's the dragon.  :) 

Mokole are the memory of Gaia. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

Some scientists do put dinosaurs as closer to birds, though.  Quite a few now believe that T-Rexes had feathers.

Dice

Good God, I need to reread over all this stuff. Been ages since I played a game like this. Well at lest he is not a shark. Last thing we need is to go near the ocean and suddenly get mass attacked by a bunch of angry sharks.

Bibliophilia

I'm pretty sure the only sharks in Vegas are loan sharks, and they're plenty scary enough.

Dice

Haha. True, but they are not immortal and pissed about a nuke. So that makes them seam a bit tame all things considered.