Closed

Started by Scaly, December 05, 2014, 10:41:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scaly

Have you ever heard of the book "MAZE: Solve the World's Most Challenging Puzzle"? Well, it is quite like it sounds, a maze within a book, where each room number is also a page number, so you skip around in the book like a Choose Your Own Adventure puzzle. I am building a Pathfinder campaign for my friends and I based on this book and greatly expanded.

To help me iron out the kinks, I would like to find 3 or 4 people to test it. This will not be a system or pathfinder game, however. What I want is guarantee that you and your party will make it all the way through the story line, so I can test the story out and you can give me feedback for it. For this reason, it will be freeform.

Here is how I imagine this working: I will play the Architect as a character, who is your guide to the maze. You and your party will make the decisions (in character) regarding which way to go, and I will control the descriptions of the scene and environment.
You are free to add in character driven story between yourselves- romances, friendships, whatever it is you desire.

I have all the maps done, and the general plot sketched out, as well as access to all the room descriptions and pictures to go with each one (taken from the book). The details I hope to work out as we go, as it is much easier for me to plan in a flowing way like this, than to sketch every detail out ahead of time.

Please reply here if you are interested.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

Blythe

I have not heard of MAZE, but the concept looks very interesting! If previous familiarity with MAZE is not required, I would be very interested in playing. Do you have a preferred character sheet for those who would like to create a character?

Scaly

Quote from: Blythe on December 06, 2014, 02:41:31 AM
I have not heard of MAZE, but the concept looks very interesting! If previous familiarity with MAZE is not required, I would be very interested in playing. Do you have a preferred character sheet for those who would like to create a character?

Familiarity is not required at all! It will actually probably be more fun if you're not familiar. I don't have a strict character sheet, but I'll post the one I tend to use for my characters for you.

[color=(posting color)][b]name[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b] 
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] Includes bio information
[b]Settings:[/b] Any settings the character can be used in
[b]Other:[/b] Other notes
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pic or description or both

My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Pronoun help: Scaly owns a cat. Xe loves xyr cat. Xyr cat loves xem back. The cat is xyrs.

Jaqhal

QuoteFamiliarity is not required at all! It will actually probably be more fun if you're not familiar.
I have never roleplayed here in E and also never in English (well, only a bit). But I do have experience in roleplaying (in Spanish)
+
QuoteI would like to find 3 or 4 people to test it
and you already have one...
Count me in!
+Just one question: which setting is it going to be? Fantasy, realistic, historical...?
The true power that dominates us is the harmful, endless, consuming, destructive and insatiable thirst.

Blythe

Before I make a character, a little more information about the genre and anything that you definitely would not like for characters would be helpful. I did assume the genre was fantasy as you referenced Pathfinder; I just was not sure.  ;D 

While I am thinking about it--welcome to Elliquiy, Jaqhal!  :-)

Scaly

To Jaqhal and Blythe

The genre is purposefully left a little fuzzy, as the time period is fuzzy in the book.
However the maze takes the form of a manner house, so I think that a fantasy version of the 17th or 18th century would be appropriate.
The game is is freeform, not governed by dice or number generators or any strict system beyond what we decide among ourselves, so there aren't strict restrictions on the kinds of things your character can have.

There will be some battling, but most the story will be based around exploration.

To all three of you: I will leave this thread up for another day or so to see if we can get a fourth person, but in the meantime I will start building an official OOC thread which will lay out more details, maps, etc.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Meliamne

If this is still open I would love to be your fourth.

Blythe

Hey, Meliamne, welcome to E!

DrMurdockKawfi--I'll have a character sheet up some time later tonight! ^^

Scaly

Quote from: Meliamne on December 09, 2014, 09:42:23 PM
If this is still open I would love to be your fourth.

Absolutely! We now have everyone. I will be closing this thread and setting up a mail list shortly
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Scaly

For Meliamne, as you cannot receive PMs just yet, here is a copy of the message I sent out to everyone.

QuoteI have finished the OOC thread. Information about how the game will be run can be found there. Before you post in it, please fill out a character sheet and PM it to me. I will give you the "ok" to post it in the OOC thread. For neatness, I'd like the first posts to be all our profiles, before any discussion happens there. Please bookmark that thread, as it will be important for coordinating the roleplay.

When everyone's characters are posted and a posting order has been decided, I will build the actual roleplay thread and post the link in the first post of the OOC.
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?

Meliamne

Thanks. When I write up my character sheet would you like me to just post it here for your approval or wait until I'm a full member so that I can pm it?

Scaly

If you're approved by the time you finish writing it, go ahead and PM it to me. If you're still unapproved, post it here :)
My O/Os
Current Requests
Where Am I?