Legend of Korra/Avatar Republic City Roleplay.

Started by Xenphir, November 09, 2013, 09:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenphir

I'm not the most knowledgeable about Marvel or movies, but anime, (Though Avatar is argued between anime and a cartoon.) is something I am more fond of.

I was thinking a group roleplay where everyone gets to pick one of the four elements to be able to bend. No 'Avatars' Allowed since if everyone were an 'Avatar' that'd defeat the purpose and if only one person was, it'd be a bit unfair. :/

It'd probably be light. I don't really see any NC or Bondage in it, and if someone were chained up, it'd more than likely be for plot reasons of being captured. :/

The setting will be during or after the war. If during, the setting would be a city like Ba Sing Se, or the city itself. If after, it would be the setting of Republic City. (The latter having more technology and being close to an old England type of setting if you haven't watched the Legend of Korra yet.)

Details will be made in this discussion, feel free to post your ideas and thoughts. I would like at least two-three people excluding me to be interested before starting, but if there is only one, that is fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can now find the thread here Which has links to the character and OOC threads. If you've any questions, ask here, in the OOC thread, or PM me. ^^. 

Wargtass

Non-benders?  ;D

I might be able to scrounge together a little interest in this, but I am not sure if I'll be able to stop the tide once it has started...  :P

Any ideas on what direction you want it to take story-wise? How many are you willing to take in? What will the character dynamic be? A lot of questions, but I think it will help things along if they are pinned down.
O/O

EmotionCrave

I'm in if this goes anywhere. I've seen every episode of all seasons, and am knowledgeable of all characters from the series. Including the Avatar's.

Xenphir

Non-benders would be allowed :o Um as many as possible? XD umm e.e You mean the character Skeleton? I'm not sure where I'd take it. If the story line was during the war, it could be people fighting the fire nation? If after, it could be people fighting equalists or the tri-ads or other enemies? Really all depends >o<

EmotionCrave

I think... And this is me speaking outside the box here. We should go for Spirit based enemies.
Major Spoiler Warning
So, currently Korra has opened BOTH Spirit portals leading to Vatu. This means that when Harmonic Convergence happens Vatu can escape his imprisonment. This I believe is where we should start our story. After Vatu escapes from his imprisonment. I think that the bridge between the spirit realm and the human realm should be opened in full. And Vatu is sending out wave after wave of powerful spirits to try and clear the world of useless humans.

This is just one of the things we can do. I think it would be good too.

Xenphir

It's a good thing I watch the new episode every Friday. So I'm fully up to date. Though, the reason I suggested doing it during Aang's time when there was the war, was because not all avatar fans have started watching the Legend of Korra. But, I think that is a good idea Emotion. If Wargtass agrees, then that is enough to start it off. 

However, spirit based enemies are basically "Unbeatable" unless multiple people had the ability to calm them or, if you want to stray away from the story and make them "beatable". Also, sprits also could return good if the people around are positive and calm, but that leaves out much fighting.

So, I think that idea as far as the storyline goes, wouldn't be a good one since it's be less fighting and more just trying to calm them down.

YaoiRolePlay

This is relevant to my interests. If this gets a bunch more people, I'd be very interested in playing a fire bender, especially if it's set in Republic City era.

I do only play M/M though if sex doesn't happen that's not an issue.

Kokaine

I could be up for this if the idea takes off. Thinking an earthbender or even a metalbender depending on what time period you intend to play in.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

apygoos

Quote from: Kokaine on November 10, 2013, 10:33:19 AM
I could be up for this if the idea takes off. Thinking an earthbender or even a metalbender depending on what time period you intend to play in.
metal benders ARE earth benders :P
id be up for bending, if we stuck to cannon, there are no airbenders outside  avatar Aang and his youngest child Tenzin.
not sure what element id pick just yet.

Silver

Thinking about a water bender. Not totally caught up on Korra yet but that can be arranged.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

YaoiRolePlay

Quote from: apygoos on November 10, 2013, 01:26:33 PM
id be up for bending, if we stuck to cannon, there are no airbenders outside  avatar Aang and his youngest child Tenzin.

And Tenzin's three kids.

xPeachyPuff

I may be interested in this, if you're happy to take on someone who's fairly n00bish with the whole Avatar setting. I've seen the first season of Korra and know smaller details about things (though I'm happy to research) but I haven't actually seen the whole of the Legend of Ang episodes. Let me know what you think and if you're willing, I'd be happy to throw my hat into the ring.

- Rainbow

Kokaine

Quote from: apygoos on November 10, 2013, 01:26:33 PM

I am aware of that hun, just more differentiating since I do not yet know if that technique will be allowed in game. Not all earthbenders are metalbenders.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

apygoos

well yes, but wed have to play really far in the future :P* shrugs* i mat a three way tie between air, earth, and fire bending.

YaoiRolePlay

In Korra the only ones who can metal bend are the police force taught by Lin Beifong. And she only knows because she was taught by her mother Toph who came up with the technique. It's especially useful since the police are the only one who know it and thus it's their secret weapon, of sorts. Like all the jail cells and interrogation rooms are made entirely of metal.

TeacupTwink

#Interested

I didn't watch enough of the shows to know the HISTORY but, I can catch up on wiki and probably start watching again once I finish Sailor Moon.  :-)

Xenphir

Alight, so far I've gathered a few of everyone's comments and questions and I think I can summarize them in one post. If I miss any, feel free to tell me xD

About the fighting spirits thing, we could if we were to stick with how the show doesn't have any deaths really, (Besides old age.) If you've noticed. :/ According to the show, you can imprison them but it would require all four elements and since there will be no avatars, four people of different elements would have to help. Otherwise, we'd just have to drive them back temporarily each time or have something that can send them to the spirit world. (Perhaps if its set a little while after the current episode, Future Industries has made some technology or something, but that's a long stretch. Otherwise, I'd recommend human enemies that can be captured more easily and put into jails and such.

Another thing, about Metal Bending. I think I'd like to stick with the story on this one. If you want to be a metal bender, your character should be in the police force, right?

If anyone would like me to post a brief summary (In which may or may not have spoilers) about how it transitioned from Aang's time to Korra's time, let me know here and I'll post one here in a spoiler bracket (If someone tells me how since I'd never done it before. xD)

Also, air bending would be a stretch too, and we'd have to play far enough into the future that Tenzin's kids had kids or that Tenzin's kid's kids had kids. Otherwise, we could go just a tad into the future and any air benders would have to play one of Tenzin's kids which, I didn't really want to do since I like original characters xD

I'd probably be a water bender since shortly after watching all of the legend of Korra in two nights, I had a dream I was one and was totally surfing on water with ice. So I think that fits me the best xD

Xenphir

Also, Forgot to mention, everyone will be over 18 please? XD I know in the show first it's kids then teenagers, but, it IS Elliquiy so ya. I planned on putting this in the light section which would require adults.

Wajin

So up for this! I watch the show with my oldest daughter :D
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

Xenphir

There is lots of interenst so I will be definantly be making a group thread soon. But I do need to know the details before starting. x3 So once thats all settled here, I'll make it.

apygoos

sales pitch for a republic city based era setting:

The time of Avatar Korra has come and gone. despite many struggles of the young United Republic of Nations, Korra and her allies were able to keep relative peace. Soon enough though, after a long, prosperous life, and a  troupe of children, Korra left this world, and so began the time of Avatar Roth from the earth nation.

the Airbender population slowly continued to grow by Korra's children and the Children who are direct descendants of Avatar Aang, who was the fabled last airbender. The airbenders now still have a very family feeling about them. Since the population is still small, while they all have their own diferent attitudes and natures, each airbender is still stressed the importance of mastering their skill so as to pass it on to their children and continue repopulating the airbending nation.

Now we see a seasoned Avatar Roth, trying to maintain balance in a world that with advancing technology has become full of tensions between nations, leaving the avatar, and others, very busy most of the time.

Xenphir

Sounds good to me. XD It would make more sense to do it when Korra is gone so that future episodes don't clash. o-o

Wajin

That would mean that we'd have to decide on what happens with the current storyline though...
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

Xenphir

Hmm >.< Well I am more than positive korra will make a happy ending peace :/

Wajin

still, we could still have it going on in Republic City, I just suggest, before Korra...