An itch that must be scratched

Started by Sabby, February 09, 2008, 09:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Lately, I've had this urge to play as robot in the same way it was portrayed in Terminator 2. A cold, efficient, tenacious killer, with his mind set on one goal, and almost nothing can stop him from achieving it.

Basically, thats the only thing I want to keep intact. As for the rest of the game (as far as I can see, its guna be a completely serious, non-sexual roleplay) I guess thats up for debate. Keep the T2 scenario intact, have it in the future, the past, present day, whatever. Its all up for discussion.

Who wants to play?

psouth119

sounds interesting i'll give it a try but is it going to be like T2 where he is trying to save the humans or a human or is he going to try and kil the human/humans???

Sabby

Thats the thing, it could go a lot of ways here. The only thing that is set indefinitely here is that the robot is, in essence, a Terminator, and is of the exact mind state of Terminator 2. Theres an objective, and its getting done.

Inerrant Lust

So you've been watching AMC all week, too, huh? :P

Sabby

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: Sabbat on February 25, 2008, 05:11:52 AM
AMC? Never heard of it

Oh? A movie channel that's been showing T2 all week.

Anyways, It's an interesting concept I woulden't mind trying.. I actually had created a T-1000 kind of monster in D20 Modern for the heck of it... Indestructable except by immersion into lava-like substances. ^_^ (Not really, but that's the only thing damaging enough to keep it below 0 HP for 3 rounds, which kills it.)

Yes, I'm a geek. Yes, I have too much time on my hands. ^_^;

The Great Triangle

If a system is going to be used, nWOD would probobly run it best of any non indy system, although RISUS might also work pretty well.  nWOD would cover making fairly low powered characters and provide mechanical incentives for doing stupid things, while RISUS would effectively portray the difference between robot and human power levels, and also provide a mechanism for the indestructability of the robot. 

As for setting, you could do a pretty interesting future setting in witch the robot is the warden of a futuristic prison, but has gone berserk, forcing the prisoners to battle the thing with improvised weapons and good old fashioned human sacrifice, which is of course decided in a completely democratic manner.  :)

As the robot tears through more and more security barriers in the prison, the prisoners have a chance to escape; but what if the robot going berserk was not an accedent, but a deliberate test of a new military weapons system, for that matter, why are there so many nanorepair kits, assault rifles, and plasma cannons lying around the prison in places they shouldn't be?  And why, exactly, has the robot been smashing through every wall except the outer wall? 

Sometimes, when you look out the windows, you see shadows outside the prison, are they black ops government spooks?  Or has the rise of the machines finally come?
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Sabby

I'm a freeform player :P

But a prison would be an interesting setting... though I don't think it would be large enough. T2 was a cat and mouse game that revolved around running from the Terminator. A prison isn't large or open enough for that.

But a Prison Island may work.