Mysteries of Whitechapel Interest Check (Open for 2 players) LBGTQ Friendly

Started by KatKwik, August 09, 2014, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KatKwik

Hi there!

I have decided to create a group game and I was hoping that I could entice you into this world that I created. I was tired of watching my characters disappear in games that died, so I thought I would try my hand at it. I've not done this before and I'm sure it will be a learning curve for me so I ask for your patience as well. I am currently looking for 2 more players to complete the team.

Please read through and let me know your thoughts and if you're interested please PM me a completed character sheet or post your interest here, with any questions you may have. I have completed a basic version for my main character and will add more later, but please don't let the confines of the character sheet stop you from adding more in the additional information area.

I look forward to hearing from you all and thank you in advance for your cooperation. If you want to ask me anything feel free to PM me or post in this thread and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks
Kat

Group Game Idea
The Mysteries of Whitechapel

Victorian London at the turn of the century was when change came to the area. As more people flocked to the city, Whitechapel was reputed to boast the largest number of brothels in relation to people living there. In this time where religion and the old ways were forsaken, with the birth of machinery and a new age, many flourished while others were forgotten. There was danger afoot for the forgotten as crime was high for the impoverished while the rich filled their coffers with the blood of the poor. They lived in their country houses and came to the city using the railway system that would span the test of time, when the need for debauchery took over. The city itself was the London of grey skies and smog from the new factories that were popping up along the Thames. The greyness of the buildings matched the skies to perfection adding to the blanket of doom that descended.

But, there was another side to London that was hidden from the world in general. It was under the underbelly. It was the world of so called fiction and supernatural. It was the stories of Jack the Ripper and Frankenstein. What people didn’t realise was while they enjoyed the stories of the Penny Dreadfuls, this world existed and the people that dealt with these were also hidden. They were a group of human and supernatural beings that have come together to deal with the strange and immoral

It all started when Victoria Smith met Simon Tanner. He was from an affluent family but a disfigurement meant that he was kept hidden from society, feared and ashamed but he becomes the benefactor of a young woman. She finds him and together they work to find the killer of the women. What they discover is that there is more to the deaths than they first thought and London houses more than just petty criminals. They decide to create a team to help them fight a bigger threat that is coming. One that threatens to take over London and the world.

Using the influence and resources they have, they send out a series of invitations.

Dear  [you]

It is our understanding that you have experienced an event that has led you to believe that this world is not as one truly imagines. There are forces beyond the natural that seem to exist and Miss Smith and I would like to invite you to share that experience?

Simon Tanner

Requirements

I have been involved in a few games and finally decided that it was time to put up my own. I am looking for a small group of at least 6-8 people as I have never done this before.
The characters will begin at the home of Simon Tanner, where an event will take place that will either determine whether they remain or not.

The idea itself is derived from a Gothic Horror genre but characters can be either human or supernatural. While I appreciate the nature of the site I would really prefer that this be plot driven and things happen naturally rather than it be the premise. I am hoping to create game with unique characters that come together for a common purpose.

If you are interested please PM me a character sheet for approval. See Below

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5] Insert url here [/img] [/float]
[size=12pt][font=arial][b]Character Name:
[/b]
[b]Gender:
[/b]
[b]Age:
[/b]
[b]Sexual Preference:
[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] Human/ Supernatural (If supernatural please provide what kind: Vampire, Werewolf, etc)

[b]Character Description[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b] A brief synopsis of your character's personality

[b]Physical Appearance:[/b] (Please provide details if your character is supernatural and state what special abilities he/she has)

[b]Background Information:[/b] (Some background on your character. Where he/she originated and anything else that would be relevant to bring them to team)

[b]Any Other Relevant Information: [/b](Any information you think might be relevant)

[b]Players Ons/Offs:[/b] (Pasting a link to your O/Os page is fine.)

[b]Player's Username:[/b] [/font][/size]

Game Specifics

GM: KatKwik (Please PM me any questions)

While I know this is veteran territory for most of you it is new for me and so forgive the repetition of things you may already know.

This will be a free form game with the story building as the characters interact in this world. I’m not looking for total accuracy in this time frame as there shouldn’t be massive amounts of research (unless you want to) for your posts. The setting is Gothic London with the dawning of the Industrial Revolution and the clash of religion and Science, so feel free to experiment.

Ideally I’m looking for at least one post a week and to begin with there will be a posting order, which can be more flexible once the action moves forward. If you are unable to post then please PM me so that we can work around it. Posting length is flexible but there is a three paragraph minimum in order to keep momentum.

I will posting the game in the Exotic-Freeform Small Groups section due to the supernatural elements.

Any sexual activity within the game frame should be agreed by the characters involved and will be split off into a separate thread so as not to stop the flow of the story. Please also remember that when you interact with a character to respect the players Offs. Whatever happens in character should be dealt with accordingly. No drama please!

If a character is a no show and I have PMed and got no reply, I will write them out of the game. I shouldn’t have to say anything about killing off characters *smiles* I imagine it’s self-explanatory.

Once I have heard from all players I will set up an OOC thread. Feel free to introduce yourselves and any questions, please feel free to PM me. Any announcements for the game I will put there.

To start with there will be open tagging. Please use the following for any posting.

[float=left][img height=150 padding=5] (Insert url here)[/img][/float]

[font=arial][size=12pt][b]NAME:[/b]
[b]CHARACTER TYPE:[/b] (human/ supernatural and what type)
[b]LOCATION:[/b]
[b]TAGGING:[/b][/size][/font]

Character Sheet for Victoria Smith

Character Name: Victoria Smith

Sexual Preference: Heterosexual

Race: Human

Character Description

Personality:
Victoria is street smart and determined to get ahead. She has learnt to survive by her wits. She has a colourful past that she keeps hidden and started her life again with Simon Tanner as her benefactor

Physical Appearance:
Slightly built but athletic with dark hair and blue eyes.

Background Information:
She watched her family be slaughtered by a creature. At the time she had no knowledge of what existed in this world and the police ruled it out as a mysterious death. A Doctor Watson was involved in the investigation and against his advice she continues her quest and has yet to find out who the creature was. She was found after an incident by Simon Tanner and he became her benefactor on condition that she left things alone, but she was unable to do so and she finally convinced him that there was a need to defend the unsuspecting.

Any Other Relevant Information: N/A

Players Ons/Offs: Kat’s O/Os

Player's Username:KatKwik

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Kadigan

Interested but on vacation w only ipad for another day. Will submit bio tomorrow eve

KatKwik

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on August 09, 2014, 10:25:10 PM
Interested but on vacation w only ipad for another day. Will submit bio tomorrow eve

I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Quote from: Deamonbane on August 09, 2014, 09:09:18 PM
Color me interested for a werewolf character...

Yes please! *winks*

Rel Mayer

KatKwik

Shewolf

I've taken the 'invisible man' (in this case woman) and gave it an interesting twist.
The character sheet is on its way, hope you like it. :D

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

eBadger

Intrigued.  I assume the title means two spots still open, after the submissions above?

MasterOfMyFate

I'm intrigued as well. Thinking of a human alchemist type character. Something a bit... nerdy.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

eBadger

Un-redacted version sent by PM. 

Character Name: Muriel (Murr-EYE-ell)

Age: Appears around 20, although she is known by those familiar with her to be much older

Sexual Preference: Lesbian

Race: Supernatural

Character Description:
Muriel is most recognizable as a young, slim girl with pale skin, dark hair and pure white irises, sporting a pair of wings - which sometimes appear to be mere costume, and at other times move and stretch as though real.  She is fond of crosses and usually darker than her surroundings, even lost in silhouette, as though the light fails to touch her.  At other times, she seems like a ghost: the shadow in windows and mirrors, or the sound of fluttering wings. 

Personality:
Muriel is a quiet observer and judge.  In conversation, she seems to invest every word with meaning, and is preoccupied with doom and salvation.  She is friendly, if not always in a way that sets others at ease, or else mercurial.  She is usually absentminded or confused, which can be mistaken - sometimes fatally - as harmless or innocent.  Above all, Muriel is wracked with sadness.

Background Information:
Currently, Muriel haunts the decaying remains of a centuries old disused church to the south of Southwark.  No one is entirely sure where she comes from, what she does, or if she has friends, but the supernatural community knows she has been in London for a long time; that while she has no interest in power, she is best treated with caution; and that not all who enter her lair are seen again. 

Players Ons/Offs: See player's O/O's. 

Player's Username: eBadger

KatKwik

Thank you guys. I will be reviewing character sheets ASAP. I am on holiday at the moment but feel free to PM me as we will be going live after I return.

We currently have a Scientist of sorts, though an alchemist does seem interesting.

For now I'm closing the thread but those who have posted should expect a PM soon.

Thanks
Kat