The Sins of Our Fathers – Comic Book Crossover (Recruiting!)

Started by Life in Color, April 21, 2016, 06:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Life in Color

Quote from: Praxis on April 25, 2016, 04:33:33 PM
What a coincidence because your face is on a totally different level!

Quote from: Praxis on April 25, 2016, 04:43:28 PM
See...that doesn't make me feel so good at all...

I'm not here to make you feel good.

I'm here to tell a story.

;)

indarkestknight

Let's see, a faceclaim I can see as a formerly self-involved playboy but also see in the same outfit as The Hood...

Dave Franco?

Life in Color

Quote from: indarkestknight on April 25, 2016, 04:55:54 PM
Let's see, a faceclaim I can but as a formerly self-involved playboy but also see in the same outfit as The Hood...

Dave Franco?

His small nose with those cheekbones make me always think he's a weasel.

indarkestknight

Landshark

Batman4560

Life in Color

Quote from: Landshark on April 26, 2016, 01:15:38 PM
Was there still a potential spot open here?

Unfortunately not at this moment, but I can toss you on the Waiting List - and if someone doesn't turn a sheet in by Friday...

Landshark

Life in Color

Praxis

Heya LiC

Let me know what you think and what you want adjusted.

==Basics==

Name: Oliver Strange
Nicknames: Ollie, You Fucking Prick!, Selfish Bastard, Shitbag
Aliases: The Hood
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Relationship Status: Single…ish.  Depends on what day it is really.
Kinks: Anything and everything.  Oliver will try anything once.  Probably twice just to be sure.

==Relationships==

Family:

Stephen Strange - Father (Missing)
Mother - Unknown - Presumed missing or dead. Oliver likes to play it off that he hopes she’s dead and she stays that way.  He’s got some issues.
Wong - Servant to Stephen Strange and raised Oliver (deceased)
Jennifer Kale - Friend to Stephen Strange and Wong.  Helped raise Oliver. (deceased)
Qing - Cousin to Wong, servant to Oliver Strange and a bit of a contemporary to him. (Missing)

Players:

Wong - Raised Oliver even when Dr. Strange was around for Oliver’s first ten years.  Wong taught Oliver kung fu, managed Oliver’s estate as well as trying to “manage” Oliver.

Jennifer Kale - A mixture of mother and older sister to Oliver.  Jennifer moved into the Sanctum Sanctorum when Wong reached out to her and asked for help with Oliver.  Jennifer always had a calming influence on Oliver.  Over the years Jennifer made multiple attempts to teach Oliver sorcery and while he retained some of it he was quite adamant about not becoming his father.

Dormmamu - Dormmamu has nothing better to do than hunt Oliver.  There’s a couple things stacked against Oliver. First; he’s the son of Dr. Stephen Strange and Dormammu hates Dr. Strange.  This wouldn’t be that big a deal as Dormmamu has a moderately sized list of mortals that he hates and wants to turn their lives into a living hell.  Except there’s the second thing.  Oliver has a hooded cloak and a pair of boots that belongs to Dormammu and he wants them back.  Dormmamu has sent a number of demons forth to seek out Oliver and retrieve the magical artifacts as well as Oliver so that he can be delivered to Dormmamu for an eternity of torture.

==Description==

Height: 6’2”

Weight: 168 lbs

Physical Description: Brown hair, hazel eyes and a penchant for a couple of days worth of facial hair.  Oliver has been trying out the “hero” thing for the last year and he’s found that it helps to be in shape. So…he’s exercising.  He was never really out of shape prior to this but there’s a big difference between “healthy” and “crime fighter worthy”.  He’s working towards the latter.

Personality Description: Abrasive (he thinks he’s a tell-it-like-it-is-sort), confident (some might say cock-sure), funny (he thinks so) , emotionally unavailable (he and those in his life can agree on this one), devoted…if you put up with him long enough.  Classic under-achiever.  Intelligent…but he’s sure as fuck not going to show you.

Background/History:

When the Sorceror Supreme went missing during Oliver's eleventh year; Wong; ever the devoted servant raised Oliver as best he could.  While capable and devoted, Oliver proved to be a significant challenge for the aging Wong.  He employed the assistance of the sorceress, Jennifer Kale and his younger cousin, Qing to help watch over Oliver.

As it turned out, Dr. Strange had made a number of intelligent and seemingly timely investments over the years and had amassed an impressive fortune.  This allowed  Oliver to live a very easy life; so much so that often, Oliver would go out of his way to make life less easy for himself as well as his three "keepers".

In his late twenties; on a weekend where he was feeling particularly bored and particular resentful of his absentee father; Oliver found a particularly well-warded and obfuscated room tucked away in the Sanctum Sanctorum.  There, he found an abundance of ancient tomes, occult artifacts and arcane as well as profane objects.  Suffice to say; Oliver explored the room thoroughly.

Of all the things that he explored and examined a briefcase (of all things) covered with runes and placed precisely inside some manner of arcane circle was what caught his attention.

Within the briefcase he found a strange, hooded cloak, boots and a pair of high caliber pistols.

It was only a few hours later that Oliver revealed that the items once belonged to the villain known as The Hood.  The boots allowed him to walk (or run on air) and the cloak allowed him to become entirely invisible.  The pistols?  Well...they were not as subtle as he liked but holding both of them at the same time did make him feel bad ass.

Oliver had a handful of "adventures" as he grew used to the cloak and the boots when he returned to the Sanctum Sanctorum one evening to find it under assault by a number of demons.  As it turned out; removing the items from the warded briefcase and the protective circle had alerted the previous owner and all around terrible, ancient being; Dormammu to their existence once more.  Eager to possess the artifacts once more, Dormammu sent some of his very best demons to retrieve them.  While unsuccessful at finding the desired items the demons had done an exemplary job of torturing and killing Wong and Jennifer Kale while Qing was nowhere to be found.

Using minor spells as well as the pistols and his new abilities, Oliver was able to destroy a few of the demons and drive the rest of them away.  It was after he had finished cleaning up the remains of Wong and Jennifer that he discovered he was the cause for the assault.  Oliver did not report their deaths to the police.  He really had no idea what to explain to them so after he properly saw to their remains it is now only him that lives in the sanctum sanctorum with brand new wards set to keep Dormammu's minions at bay.

Oliver is motivated now to stop being so selfish (not so easy to do), find Qing and learn more from her about what happened that night as well as redeem himself for the deaths of Wong and Jennifer.

He uses the boots and cloak (and pistols if necessary) for what he deems to be..."for good”.  He can only be out of the Sanctum Sanctorum for a little more than twelve hours before Dormammu is able to locate him once more.  Oliver has been successful at trading away a few of his father’s artifacts in order to obtain some of his own.  A ring made of copper that appears to be enchanted and allows him to obfuscate his location further from Dormmamu’s scrying spells.

It’s not entirely effective however and Oliver still finds himself on the run of sorts.  It’s getting more and more difficult to leave and return to the Sanctum Sanctorum and while there is a limit to how many demons Dormmamu can have on this plane at one time; the demons are getting more clever and keen to Oliver’s tricks.

==The Special Stuff==

Roster Position: The Sneak
Powers:

Minor Sorcery - Oliver is the son of the Sorcerer Supreme and quite literally grew up in the Sanctum Sanctorum.  He was surrounded by magic while growing up and continues to be exposed to it.  Because of that, Oliver is capable of casting minor spells but anything beyond that requires a degree of discipline that he doesn’t have…or that he doesn’t wish to develop.

Invisibility - Oliver’s hooded cloak allows him to turn invisible for as long as he can hold his breath. (2 minutes and 22 seconds)  This is magical invisibility which means that this prevents him from being seen by infrared or any manner of technological optics.  He can be detected by sonar/radar however should someone be clever enough to try such a thing.  This does not make him silent.  Footsteps can still be heard if he’s lumbering about like an ox. (He tries to avoid lumbering)

Walk on Air - Oliver can do just that because of his boots.  It’s not quite flying but it certainly beats walking.

True Sight - Because of the cloak, Oliver can see through all manner of magical, psychic and technological based “illusions”

Enchanted bullets - if given the time...and if he's actually using his head for once, Oliver can enchant some of the bullets he uses in his pistols to have various unusual effects.

Concealment - Oliver has an ancient Babylonian ring made of brass that when worn, he can obscure his face with darkness.  When worn it also makes it very difficult for any manner of divination or scrying spells to locate him.  This also includes “finding him by his thoughts” for any clever psychics out there.  It also makes it impossible to Google "Oliver Strange”.  Seriously. it’s fucked up but it’s true.  Anything that has remotely anything to do with Oliver won’t show up in a Google search because of the ring.  He suspects it’s because Google is run by a bunch of evil elder god fucks.  It’s possible he’s wrong but he likes to assure himself that it’s possible he’s right.

Skills:

Kung fu - Oliver knows it!  He learned it from Wong and trained for years.  He could be considered a black belt...if demons cared about black belts he would be set!

Pistols - Oliver is getting better at using not just one but both pistols.  For the moment; wielding two pistols simultaneously and holding them in menacing ways is still more effective than actually shooting them both at something.

Weaknesses:

Oliver is a man.  A normal, possibly over-confident man.  He has no special protection.  He’s not super strong or super resilient and yet he’s super confident enough to think that he won’t wind up super dead.

Extras:

In the last year Oliver has done an excellent job of establishing ties with not just the New York black market as well as the “occult” black market.  If Oliver can’t get you what you’re looking for; chances are he “knows a guy.”  (Please note that “guy” might actually mean a woman…or…some being from another dimension.  Oliver can’t be held responsible for the people he knows.)

Oliver still has access to the Sanctum Sanctorum although he’s reluctant to go there very often due to…well…the demons waiting for him outside of it.  If accessed; Oliver can use the library there as well as any number of ancient occult artifacts that he probably knows how to use and might help without tearing apart reality and sending everyone to hell.

Costume Description: Oliver has learned how to “change” the colour of the yellow hooded cloak.  He can now change it to whatever colour he wishes … which is generally black but sometimes pink if he’s trying to impress a group of high school girls.

Boots - He wears them.  They allow him to walk on air so despite their archaic and well-worn appearance…he wears them.

Aside from that…he acknowledges that he could probably do better when it comes to an actual costume aside from a t-shirt and jeans he wears along with his other items.

==Related Goodies==
Face Claim: Brenda Hines
Theme Song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OET8SVAGELA
Picture:

Life in Color

You and Writersblock both sent me your sheets.

So, give me a minute.

I need to go... Make some tea.

Life in Color

'Ey, Blockade.

You make me happy. <3

I'll get your sheet up tonight.

Welcome aboard.

Praxis

Quote from: Life in Color on April 26, 2016, 09:43:13 PM
You and Writersblock both sent me your sheets.

So, give me a minute.

I need to go... Make some tea.

No rush.

You drink your tea and relax.

Lithium

Life in Color

Quote from: Lithium on April 26, 2016, 09:58:46 PM
Woot, full house!

Dat's right.

You two nerds, feel free to go bother people over in the OOC - I'll get your sheets prettied and moved into the character sheet thread.

If you don't have a button in your signature yet, do it - on PAIN OF DEATH.

*coughs*

And, now we're full-up for realsies.

Yaaaaaay.

Life in Color

Currently seeking a Sneak!

Holla!

<3

Writersblockade

Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

ShadowFox89

Tentatively interested.... maybe as a blue skinned daughter of Nightcrawler?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Aida Rose

==Basics==
Name: Azra Choi-Khan
Nicknames: Azzy
Aliases: Iota
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Relationship Status: Single
Kinks:

• on: romance, oral (giving and receiving), bondage (if it's say a trap, she can just shrink down and be on her way), foreplay, rough partners, multiple penetration, anal, biting, etc (does humor count?) (probably yes to anything not on the off list; ask!)
  • off: scat, vore, watersports, mutilation, and torture

==Relationships==

Family:
Players:

• Kamala Khan (Mother): Avenger, Captain Marvel (Searching for the Atom, among others possibly;MIA)
  • Ryan Choi (Father): Justice League, Atom (MIA)
  • Carole Choi-Khan (Older sister): Yoga instructor

==Description==

Height: 5'10
Weight: 129 lb

Physical Description: If it weren't for her powers, Azra'd make a terrible spy. Tall, slender, beautiful, it's not hard to see why she'd garner a second glance. Her body's been honed and toned after years of enthusiastic training with her mother.

Personality Description: Impulsive is one word for it. Azra prefers adventurous. If she sees a challenge, she accepts. If she sees something she wants, she takes. Her mother, while wary of the consequences such a mindset often inflicts, appreciates the passion behind it. It's not often that Azra shows passion, after all. If it weren't for this, Kamala would fear her daughter sliding down the zen path of her older sister. When the fun's done, however, Azra can't help but get down to business. She has a clear idea of what's important, and that's helping people, making a difference, but it's easier said than done. Strong, negative emotions, whether from herself or others, make her anxious to the point of wanting to flee.

Background/History: Azra's parents' marriage was, at times, strained by the steep difference in notoriety between their reputations. Occasionally, the Atom would wonder what a bigshot like Captain Marvel was doing with him, but that was honestly white noise to Azra. She noticed the tension, of course, but her faith in them never faltered. While Carole wrung her hands and recited horror story after horror story of friends with divorced parents, Azra waited out the storm. She knew a lull would happen and all would return to normal. Outside of the extreme, this is generally how Azra will approach an unpleasant conflict as a third party. In other words: she won't approach. Generally.

It's pretty clear what Azra's mother wants for her: become the next Captain Marvel. She'd wanted it for her eldest daughter, the oh-so subtly named Carole, but that hadn't panned out. Azra, though she's loath to say it outloud, would rather create her own legacy. She has enough to worry about without Captain Marvel's spotless reputation lain on her shoulders.

Often, she wanted to disappear, to escape. Just do her own thing. When her abilities manifested, it was the next best thing. Nothing could hold her! She went where she pleased when she pleased, and the ability to breathe returned to her. It wasn't as flashy as her sister's, but at least she used her gifts. That, at least, meant something to her mother. Enough to provide her with boss gear, at least. Her parents had, initially, designed the Iota Suit (initially considered the Miss Marvel suit, until Azra barged in) for Carole. Azra suspected as much, though they never admitted it. The little things clued her in. The shoulders were too wide, the hips too narrow. They'd needed to tailor it down for Azra, but she could picture it slipping right onto Carole. So, the first time her mother offered to let her tag along on a relatively tame mission, she'd refused to go. She'd even refused to be called Miss Marvel. Kicking ass with her mom sounded awesome, yeah, but she couldn't shake the bitterness. Instead, she appropriated the suit for joyrides and when she really wanted to impress someone. Otherwise, it collected dust while she attended to schoolwork and a future without much consideration for hero work. She didn't want to disappoint her mother, but she couldn't shake the fear that she always would. No matter what she tried.

While it wasn't her mother's intention, Azra often felt like the second choice. She bristled under the heavy praise Kamala had for Carole. Even after she'd left, it was so much wasted potential this and remember how Carole did it that. It was enough to make her scream, but she never did. She pushed it down, ignored it, let it ferment into new securities she never really shook. That was her way. She didn't talk it out like her mother, hum it out like her sister. She carried it all with her. Including when her father went missing, when her mother ran off after him, when her older sister did nothing. It's been months, and Azra hasn't cried. She has, however, taken a break off from studying Art History at NYU to look for her parents.

==The Special Stuff==

Roster Position: The Sneak
Powers:

• Flight: The mechanical wings on her suit allow her to fly.
  • Size Alteration: Mostly. She can't stretch or expand yet, but she can compress herself.
  • Regeneration: She inherited her mother's healing factor.
  • Body Control: Her inherited morphogenetics give her the ability to change her voice and appearance.
Skills: Trained martial artist, eye and knowledge for art, charm, patience, stealth, agility, sleight of hand
Weaknesses: The appearance and voice changes don't last long. She can hold it for up to 30 minutes, but it takes a lot of energy/concentration. All that insecurity (inferiority to her sister, her own competence, etc) Her wings are mechanical. They need fuel and maintenance. Her regeneration is interrupted by the use of her powers or a very strenuous task. Like her mother, EMPs weaken her elasticity.
Extras:

• Iota Suit: It lets her fly and gives her some protection without impeding range of movement.

Costume Description: It's a sleek, full bodysuit with metal plates. It has wings for flight and a helmet. Most of it's colored dark, perfect for escaping notice, except for a small lightning bolt imprint in the center of the chest.

==Related Goodies==
Face Claim: Kelly Gale
Theme Song:

Picture:

Batman4560

Shadow we already have Nightcrawlers Daughter. :P Otaco looks good and LiC will be super happy to see the sheet.

ShadowFox89

Damn, someone took my idea.... Shadowcat daughter? I don't know too many sneaksters in Marvel.

Some pre-bed brainstorming. ..... daughter of Piotr and Kitty, taking a bit of both powers for being able to manipulate her molecular density (can make herself very dense/hard to hurt or almost intangible). Doesn't have the hang of switching back and forth quickly and has to go normal before going to one or another. Also can't make a gradual shift and can't shift just one part of her body. Strong, but really limited.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

indarkestknight

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on May 26, 2016, 12:17:13 AM
Damn, someone took my idea.... Shadowcat daughter? I don't know too many sneaksters in Marvel.

A daughter of Shadowcat could work, certainly. Keep in mind, you're welcome to pick from DC characters as well. I'd also keep in mind that sneaks aren't always about powerset. Personally I think good examples of characters that could be sneaks would be Daredevil, Elektra, or Black Widow... "Ninja" sneaks.

Though if you wanted to talk about powersets that suit sneaks, you'd be hard pressed to find someone more ideal than Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman. Miles Morales' kid might be well-suited to sneaking as well.

Batman4560

True and on the DC end you have Green Arrow, the Atom, Any of the Bat family, Anyone from the League of Shadows, Deathstroke and hell even Deadshot would be a fairly good choice.

ShadowFox89

True, and the daughter of Barbara and Dick as the new Batgirl has some appeal....
Call me Shadow
My A/A