Pokemon?

Started by Aftiel, March 22, 2010, 11:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrFier

I was thinking these four for my team.  I hit a snag in character creation because I'm not sure just where we are chronologically in regards to the Pokémon mythos.

Ditto - "Blue"

Magneton - "Grey"

Charizard - "Red"

Dugtrio - "Brown"
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

BraveEarth

Did you make a sheet yet Fier?

Wolfy

I think I just found a picture for Anzu's Greed. O_o

Shade

BraveEarth

Aww he's smiling.

Shade

That has to be the creepiest smile i've ever seen

BraveEarth

You haven't seen Faye try to smile I gather

BraveEarth

I'm thinking of posting the next day after Hitomi has her way with Anzu, and maybe do a litte post of Laura taking care of Rina's pokemon.

Shade

Cool. I'll be posting again once I get a response from Ex68471 in the double battle. Or perhaps if Odin's characters do something, but I think they're waiting for a bit.

Jadeling

Actually, thinking about it I'm going to withdraw from this. Another game has sparked my interest and I don't know if I can really commit.

Have fun ya'll.

Nim

Sorry to see you go Jadeling but good luck and have fun.

bluemoon

Goodbye Jadeling, have fun.

On another note...this is crappy I know, but just for a sort of example...

The holding rooms, like where Rina is being held...

~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

DrFier

Brage Sampson

Appearance:  Brage stands 5'11" tall and weighs in at just under 200 pounds.  He has short dark brown hair, usually in some sort of spiked configuration. His skin is slightly tanned, and he has a medium, slightly athletic build.  He has dark green eyes. usually wears either a Rocket uniform or a dress shirt under his lab-coat.

History: Brage is a former disgruntled employee of the Silph Company. When he left the company, he joined team rocket.  His research has been helpful on various endeavors they achieved in the past.

I know it's not much, I couldn't find a good pic for him and like I said I'm not sure what the setting is chronologically so it gave me trouble with the history.  Also, I had trouble remembering what Mahogany Town and the surrounding area was like, so I made this:
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

DrFier

Map
It displays bigger than I thought it would, so I made it a link.  Mahogany town is actually in the middle, Ecruteak city is on the left.  I'm not exactly sure what the buildings are in town.

Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

PaleEnchantress

I am very interested in this! First things first I would be playing a villainous male character interested in male pets.

That being said my concept may be slightly out of line from the traditional Pokemon master. My character is an evil sorcerer who uses his magic to alter his Mon's to his liking. His magic is powerful but Ceremonial in nature so it's useless in a combat situation. If we are using hardcore statistics perhaps someone could assist me in setting all that up? Also do we have people who might role play some of my 'Mons? I'm not huge into anthro. Some animal features are fine though, I've actually seen quite a few "humanized" Pokemon fanarts.

I think ill post a sheet shortly and you guys can tell what if anything needs to be changed.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

PaleEnchantress

Name: Black Rose (Often called "Your Majesty" by his servants and "Archmage" by his peers)

Orientation:
Homosexual, though not above using sex with any gender to get his way.

Position:
Team Rocket Poke'mon Genealogy and Evolution. Likely to have many nefarious plots of his own working on the side. (( Let me know if there is a better position for him ))

Backstory: Queen Morella was coldly silent as she was lead to the site of her impending execution. It had been nearly 7 years since she married King Sebastien who was desperate for a son to fulfill the role of his heir. Once he found out Morella was barren he realized he would never have a legitimate heir as long as she was queen so he had his advisers create a plot which accused Morella of using witchcraft to kill Sebastien's first wife and subsequently make him fall in love with her. Having been found guilty she was beheaded. In her final speech she looked to her husband with hate filled eyes. "You know I am no witch, but you don't know I will be one! Indeed you will marry your mistress and she will give you a healthy son, but the child will consume his mothers life to fuel his own. Your son will be more strong and cunning then any you could see, the day you die you'll look at him and realize he is me", Morella laughed tauntingly as she was forced down upon the block. Before the axe severed her head she screeched her final mocking words. "Long live the King!"

Historical Evidence claims the Son of King Sebastien ruled with the proverbial iron fist in a velvet glove for over 140 years. While historians believe that to be a myth as he couldn't have possibly lived so long they have not been able to find any evidence that he had died at all. Only that he vanished after a palace coup. Indeed the soul of Morella is still working upon the material world as the Sorcerer called The Black Rose. He has given up on his quest for revenge (especially since anyone he had a grudge against died of old age long ago). For the past century he has been suffering from something akin to boredom. Being immortal has lost a lot of it's charm. His recent experiments with Pokemon have given him a renewed zest for life. The complexity of this "game" means that Black Rose may find it entertaining for a very long time.

bluemoon

now, I'm really iffy on this. Personally, I would prefer it if it were a scientist, genetically altering the pokemon...but I'm going to leave this up to everyone else, if nobody has a problem with it, then I suppose it'll be fine.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

BraveEarth

I'm with blue on this one. I would rather see it be done genetically preferably with some thought into the process nothing major but differnces marked out, possibilty of sterility and the time and effort it takes for the process. But that may be expecting a bit much.

Nim

Yet again Nim finds himself wishing to stick his head in the chopping block so to speak.  I have worked with  PaleEnchantress before briefly on another story and was very impressed with the writing style.  I do not see why an evil sorcerer would be to far fetched when the leader of Team Rocket is now an Evil Greater Demon in human guise.  Magic -v- Science has always of a major debate.  But truly there could never be one without the other.  They both work hand in hand whether we choose to believe so or not. 

My vote is cast as a very solid YES.

bluemoon

if you remember, Nim, I was iffy about yours too, and did the same thing, asking if others had a problem with it first.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Nim

*chuckles*  Yes my dear, how could one forget.  I just simply adore controversy at times.   >:)

bluemoon

I can be very lenient though ^.^
So, please speak up if you have problems with it, say so, if your cool with it, please say so as well, so far its 1-1, as I'm not even going to bother counting my vote.
~ᴃᴌᵫᵯϕϕɳ~
ⒷⓛⓤⓔⓂⓞⓞⓝ
The Oath of Drake

Shade

Oh way to take a stand blue.You've got as much right to vote as everyone else involved in this story.

Anyway, my little rant aside, I'm afraid I'm going to have to vote against as well. I just have trouble seeing the character fit into the story. Sorry :(

PaleEnchantress

Ah darlings I do tend to attract controversy. I will agree that his genetic/body manipulation of the Pokemon could technically be done with a more scientific theme, if i didn't mind destroying my character concept to do so. With the way I RP I have to be really into my character to get absorbed in the game. In the past I've been more flexible and it turned into a mistake when I couldn't get interested in that I was doing. That wouldn't be good for anyone involved. Still feel free to suggest things, never any hard In discussion.

Nim, your post made me smile. The Pokemon universe may be low magic but it's very high fantasy. Regardless of the method the end result is the same. The method affects the characters personal interaction rather then the game's metaverse. You guys are free to decide what works with your game, but from my perspective it all meshes just fine. Different people use different methods.

Would if help if we eliminate the genetic aspect entirely and say he is magically fusing together different things on a physical level. Perhaps he can even turn human into Pokemon. While it might sound odd that does make form some very nice erp sessions.

Wolfy

Starters for Black and White:

I wish....they look so awesome....