Thought leads to heresy, heresy leads to retribution

Started by kongming, December 03, 2008, 03:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Temptress

Alright, I think I got it all right. Just let me know if somethings not as it should be :)

Full Name: Serena Euphrati
Home World: Noble
Career Path: Scum
Divination: "The Pain of the Bullet is Ecstasy Compared to Damnation" +1T

Skin: Pale
Hair: Black, long and flowing
Eyes: One blue, One Brown. (Heterochromia)

Characteristics:
    SP  TT  AT  CP           
WS  30  --  --  30           
BS  35  --  05  40           
Str 25  --  --  25           
Tou 26  --  --  26           
Agi 40  --  --  40           
Int 40  --  --  40
Per 35  --  --  35            SP = Starting Profile
WP  30  --  --  30            TT = Talents/Traits
Fel 40  --  05  45            AT = Advancements Taken
Wou 10  --  --  10            CP = Current Profile

Fate Points: 2

Experience Points Spent: 1400 Remaining: 100
Next Advancement: Renegade - 500 more XP (2000 total)
Movement: 4/8/12/24/48 (Half-Move/Full-Move/Charge/Run/Sprint)

Traits:
Etiquette - +10 to Charm, Deceive and Scrutiny when in formal situations/high authority
Supremely Connected - Peer Talents
Vendetta -  Has powerful Enemies. Own family?
Wealth - Counts as noble for wealth table.

Talents:
Peer (Nobility) - +10 to fellowship tests when dealing with organization
Peer (Underworld) - +10 to fellowship tests when dealing with organization
Ambidextrous - No penalty to using non-favoured hand
Heightened Sense (Sight)
Hard Target - When charging/running, -20 to hit you with BS attacks
Sprint - Full move = +Agi bonus in meters, Running, double movement. Twice in a row = 1 fatigue level.

Weapon Talents:
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Pistol Training (SP)
Basic Weapon Training (SP)

BASIC SKILLS                    CHA  Taken  +10 +20

Awareness (Per) 45%
Charm (Fel) 45%
Concealment (Agi) 40%
Deceive (Fel) 55%
Gamble (Int) 40%
Inquiry (Fel) 45%

ADVANCED SKILLS                 CHA  Taken  +10  +20

Literacy (Int) 40% 
Speak Language - High Gothic (Int) 40%
Speak Language - Low Gothic (Int) 40%
Common Lore - Imperium (Int) 40%
Slight of Hand (Agi) 40%
Common Lore - Underworld (Int) 40%

Gear                               
Nice Cloths - ???
Modified Hardened Body Glove - 400 (+100 for below) [Legs, Arms, Body - 3]
   Less restrictive while offering about the same quality of protection
Multi-key - 150
Stylish Crono - 40
Quilted Vest
Street Wear
Make up

Weapons;
Autogun (90m, 1d10+31, pen 0, clip 30, rld full)
(1 Clip)
Autopistol (30m, 1d10+2I, pen 0, clip 18, rld full)
(1 clip)
Brass Knuckles (45%, 1d5-1 R, Primitive, unbalanced)

THRONE GELT: 410       MONTLY INCOME: 500 (Noble overrides Scum)

Background;

To come.

Notes;
Noble Family Background - Rogue trader.

Hehe and I read through all of the posts carefully, looking for info and such, and do you think that scum/SoB thing could be a three way?  (Scum/SoB/Scum) Please?  Pretty please?

Chaos

Looks cool to me. Feh, lucky lil rich brat, thinks she knows from tough :P

And since (given you can actually gamble) you'll be taking all my hard-earned, too :(

One point though- if I'm reading it right, you're using Supremely Connected to get Peer (Underworld) - wouldn't that mean that your family is involved in Underworld activities? Cool if that's what you want, but it seems like it makes you less of a black sheep, and more of someone hanging out with the employees...

Might make more sense to take a different Peer group. Or buy Underworld with xp, if you do want it.

Or, y'know, ignore me if you want :) It's not like it's a big deal.

As to the three way, we'll just have to see about that... rich girl. :P

HairyHeretic

You'd be surprised how many families have .. interesting connections.

Of course, they don't come out in polite society. If they did, the person 'responsible' would be cast out, and forced to make their way in an uncaring universe, to show that the family itself is beyond such things.

Shocking.

Simply shocking.

;)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Pumpkin Seeds

This is what I have so far.  My math may not be 100% as I did this with 2 hours of sleep.  I decided to go with feral in order to play off the SoB's more noble appearance and the social prowess of the other two characters. 

Name – Stigga
Origin – Feral
Career – Assassin
Divination – “Thought begets Heresy;Heresy begets Retribution”

Outlook:

-Those that fear cannot act, so it is that the enemies of the Emperor should fear his servants.
-The brush does not question the artist, only obeys to create something greater than itself.
-The line between Murder and Retribution is blurred only by emotion.
-Machinery serves only to trap those inside it if they do not understand what it means to be without.

Appeance:
Skin – Tanned with spiraling tattoos stretching across her body.
Hair – Black, chopped to fall just below her shoulders.
Eyes – Blue

Fate – 2/2

WS: 40
BS: 40
S: 43
T: 40
Ag: 40
Int: 30
Per: 30
WP: 30*
Fel: 20

Wounds: 14
Init:
Move: 4/8/12/24
Protection:

Traits
Iron Stomach (+10 Carouse Test)
Primitive (-10 Tech Use, -10 Fel Test)
Rite of Passage (Full Action Int Test to stop bleeding)
Wilderness Savy ( Navigation, Survival, Tracking are Basic Skills)

Talents
Ambidextrous
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)
Thrown Weapon Training
Basic Weapon Training (SP)
Pistol Training (SP)
Catfall
Heightened Senses (Sight)
Berserk Charge
Furious Assault
Sure Strike

Skills
Speak Language (Low Gothic)
Awareness
Dodge
Climb
Silent Move
Swim
Acrobatics

Equipment

Temptress

Great :)

Yeah I went peer (Underworld) Because the family made its fortune through a rogue trader charter, so they would have lots of those connections, just that upon making the fortune they tried to distance themselves from it. Serena on the other hand didnt :D

Now all we need is for me to get approved :p How much longer does that take?

Chaos

Heh, yeah, us criminal scum are gonna be doing all the talking I guess :)

I was going to ask, how much are we going to know / decide about our Inquisitor? I'd like to do a bit of backstory writing including how Magda came to work for the Holy Inquisition, but I don't want to tread on any toes... and I don't yet have any particular ideas about an Inquisitor, personally.

Quote from: Temptress on December 12, 2008, 03:44:50 PM
Yeah I went peer (Underworld) Because the family made its fortune through a rogue trader charter, so they would have lots of those connections, just that upon making the fortune they tried to distance themselves from it. Serena on the other hand didnt :D

That does sound pretty cool.

kongming

With Charm 42% our Battle Sister can also talk - however when dealing with unsavouries she takes a penalty and might consider just wasting them instead, so it'd certainly be best for the scum to take over then. Similarly, if we meet up with the Adeptus Arbites (law enforcement), the criminals might not want to start mouthing off.

As for a threeway, well, let's just wait and see. She can certainly dispense discipline to both of you, putting the gangers over her knee.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Chaos

Sure and the good Sister is charming enough :)

It's the lying, the fast talking and finding stuff out that the sordid criminals are good at :P

Though, yeah, it's probably a bad idea to let us talk to the Arbites too much...

Oh, and looking back, I forgot to roll my horoscope. Let's see what I get...

Hmm, 36, "Only in Death Does Duty End." Fair enough.

Temptress

Right, I got accepted (Yay!) so can we get this started? Anything else we waiting for?

kongming

I can't wait until we begin. Even if we won't be losing 100 Baneblades*, participating in Steel Rehn with the Spess Mehreens for the Eprah!**, or hiding in metal boxes***, it will be fun!

*DoW: Soulstorm. Imperial Guard commander Vance Motherfucking Stubbs somehow manages to lose 100 Baneblades. But he makes up for this by sassing a Spess Mehreen and not standing down to them. He has eighty three testicles.

**DoW: Soulstorm. Blood Raven commander Boraele has some kind of speech impediment. So it's Spess Mehreens, the Empra and Steel Rehn.

***DoW: Soulstorm. What the fuck is up with the writing for this game? The Chaos leader mutters about the enemy hiding in "metal boxes" when they enter a Rhino.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Temptress

Hahah cant say ive played Soulstorm, but it sounds hilarious :D

What section will this game be under do you think?

HairyHeretic

Probably one of the Bondage forums. I don't see the need to go NC with it, though we can always change that if/when you run across some Slaaneshi cultists  ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chaos

Quote from: Temptress on December 14, 2008, 07:28:09 PM
Right, I got accepted (Yay!) so can we get this started? Anything else we waiting for?

Congrats on your acceptance, Temptress! :D

The Dandy

"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

HairyHeretic

Not at all. Are you familiar with the background setting / system?

I've not had a lot of time to catch up on here, but I'm intending to go through stuff tomorrow.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

The Dandy

Ofcourse. I am more than ready to burn heretics, kill mutants and purge the unclean.

I will post up a character shortly (within a day or so) and see how well it fits. Most likely will be a Cleric, Arbitrator or Psyker. Feel free to suggest which would be best for the campaign.
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

HairyHeretic

I'd recommend against the psycher, simply because we have Sororitas about. I can see the introductions going along the lines of

"Hello, I'm am sanctioned pyscher .."
"WITCH!" *BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*BLAM*CLICK*CLICK*CLICK*

:)

A cleric would probably fit quite nicely, but at the end of the day the choice is entirely yours.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

I dunno though, the Witch Hunter codex thing is full of psykers.

HairyHeretic

The Sisters (in fiction at least) tend to be somewhat more puritanical than the =I=. They might tolerate a psycher, but at the first sign of anything even remotely dodgy, its the Emperors Blessing in the back of the head.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Pumpkin Seeds

kongming

In Faith and Fire, they show open hatred for rogue psykers and don't particularly like any psykers:

"And the Astartes? Those mutants (Spess Mehreens) accept these abominations (psykers) into their ranks!"

That being said, the Adeptus Sororitas are on very good terms with Witch Hunter Inquisitors, who tend to be psykers themselves. It's members of the batshit crazy Red Redemption you have to watch out for (although by their standard, "being alive on a cloudy day" is a burnable offence).

It largely depends, I suppose. My Battle Sister would simply ask to set up a key-word system where if it looks like daemonic forces are in control, any of them can say a pre-agreed code word, and then if the psyker replies with the correct answer then they can rest assured that the psyker is in control. An incorrect answer would of course activate a penalty of "exploding in a hail of bolter fire". Somewhat harsher than the penalties for wrong answers in most game shows.

Ons/Offs:

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Asku on December 16, 2008, 06:41:20 AM
Still never said about my assassin. :: pouts::

An assassin is fine. I haven't had the chance to go through any of the character sheets in detail yet I'm afraid. I'm hoping to today.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Chaos

Quote from: kongming on December 16, 2008, 06:48:09 AM
It largely depends, I suppose. My Battle Sister would simply ask to set up a key-word system where if it looks like daemonic forces are in control, any of them can say a pre-agreed code word, and then if the psyker replies with the correct answer then they can rest assured that the psyker is in control. An incorrect answer would of course activate a penalty of "exploding in a hail of bolter fire". Somewhat harsher than the penalties for wrong answers in most game shows.

I don't know, that sounds pretty much how I'd imagine a 40k game show to run... :P

The Dandy

I apologize, finals are eating up my time and so my character will be little more delayed than I expected. Expect a psyker though, I'm a sucker for characters that can creating interesting interaction.

HairyHeretic

No problem. It usually takes a while to get things up and running .. especially when the GM has other demands on his time :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die