Salem, 1692 [Complete] -- The Witches Win!

Started by Valerian, July 08, 2009, 10:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Final voting:

Saku (2) - Sir Desan, Saffron
Sir Desan (2) - Maeven, Saku
Teno (2) - LadySky, Marguerite
Maeven (1) - Ryven
Marguerite (1) - Silk Satine
Ryven (1) - Teno
Saffron (1) - Duncan
*Duncan (0)
LadySky (0)
Silk Satine (0)

There are 3 Witches, 1 Town Preacher, 1 Confidante, and 5 Villagers.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Desan

(guess that means we can't change our votes anymore?)
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Duncan

Walking past each of the villagers in turn and even his wife, he took a long moment before stepping in front of Sir Desan.  "Burn him until dead.  For the crimes of witchcraft."  With that Duncan stood back and watched as they took hold of him.

Desan

*Smiles at Duncan*

Bad decision...Bad decision...
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Duncan

;) Have to wait and see.

Valerian

Sir Desan's fate was sealed!  Head held high, protesting his innocence, he was led to the flames as the nervous, frightened villagers watched.  Mercifully, the flames were hot and did their work quickly, but even so, it was clear that Desan was in terrible pain.

Yet he did not cry out, meeting his death with astounding bravery.  And when the flames at last died down, and someone dared to venture near, a strange thing was discovered.  Among the glowing coals was a book, miraculously untouched by the fire -- and not just any book, but a prayer book.

This was the mark of his calling, for far from being a Witch, Desan was in fact the Town Preacher

• *Duncan
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - Preacher, burned at the stake
  • Teno

There are 3 Witches, 1 Confidante, and 5 Villagers.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

Goodie LadySky stood shocked and frightened as Sir Desan met his untimely end. With her head bowed and fear for the coming night in her heart she made her way home to her brood of children. Once all were safely tucked in the little beds she placed little prayer books on their beds in remembrance of the faithful preacher the little town had lost this day.

Before heading to bed herself she tossed a pillow and old wool blanket outside the bedroom door onto the floor letting her husband Constable Duncan know quite clearly what his sleeping arrangements would be for the night. Locking herself up tightly in her bedroom she said her prayers and fell into a restless slumber.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Saku

Saku did not know what to think when it was revealed that Sir Desan was not a witch nor was he a villager but instead the Town Preacher. She felt quite shocked at this revelation. Indeed, she was thinking perhaps she should burn for her mistake, she had thought since Sir Desan had accused her earlier that he was a witch since Saku was innocent. A regular villager. But now it was revealed otherwise. So she wondered what on earth the villagers should do now.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Duncan

Coming home after learning it was the preacher instead of a witch they had burned he seen the pillow and blanket.  Walking over to the door of the bedroom he kicked it open and tossed them at his wife, as he sat down on the beds edge grasping his hair, and thinking.  Finally he sleep after many many hours.

LadySky

LadySky gasped and cried out in fear and surprise as her husband broke down the door. The pillow hit her in the face and she fell backwards hitting her head on the headboard. Grumbling as she rubbed the knot now forming on her head she scooted as far away from her husband as possible.

Of course she would never admitt that she simply loved it when he acted that way....it was the reason she was currently pregnant with their 6th child....
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Marguerite

Marguerite gasped and helped to bury Desan. They were doomed and the witches would be after them. Desan did not deserve this and because of it they were down one savior. "Let god have mercy on our souls."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Ryven

Ryven gasped as the prayer book was pulled from the ashes.  "We are doomed now."  The man simply said before climbing into his cart to finish his daily deliveries.  He shook his head with a sigh before giving a yell to the horse with a lash from the reins.  The cart was pulled off by the trotting horse.

Valerian

With Marguerite and LadySky making the arrangements, the burned corpse of their lost preacher was given a proper burial, with many a tear.  How could the little village survive without its only protector?  As night drew near, the people all made quickly for their houses, locking themselves in and blocking the doors securely.

But witches are not so easily kept away.  As morning broke and the sun rose, the villagers soon realized that one of their number was missing.  A frantic search began, until at last all realized the truth: Saffron was not gone, but transformed!  In her bed, where once a woman had slept, was now the tiny form of a newt,

• *Duncan
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saffron - Villager, turned into a newt
  • Saku
  • Silk Satine
  • Sir Desan - Preacher, burned at the stake
  • Teno

There are 3 Witches, 1 Confidante, and 4 Villagers.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

He stood next to the bed as the small creature stared up at them.  "My god!"  Ryven exclaimed, grabbing his hat and clutching it to his chest.  "Who...who would do this?!"  He said frantically, looking at the others.  They all seemed as much aghast as himself.

He examined each one closely, knowing that someone had done this and someone would have to pay, but who?  "I am unsure of who among us would practice such a vile craft."  Ryven looked at Teno then.  "My conscience does not like nor understand it, but for now, I must put my vote with you."

Valerian

Current voting:

LadySky (1) - Silk Satine
Marguerite (1) - Teno
Silk Satine (1) - LadySky
Teno (1) - Ryven
*Duncan (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: Duncan, Maeven, Marguerite, Saku

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

After a night spent tossing and turning (mostly on purpose to annoy her husband) LadySky rises early to begin another day of wifely duties. Five children cause a great rowdy ruckus in the early morning and her attention to fixing their breakfast and oversalting her husbands meal kept her from hearing about Goodie Saffron's horrific attack.

Finally having a free moment Goodie LadySky heads to the center of town to join in any midday gossip to be found. What she finds is Goodman Ryven carrying a newt around in a small cage, everyone in shock and wondering what to do with it!

"Good heavens why are you all so concerned with a silly newt! Just set it free......WHAT!" she cries as Goodman Ryven informs her it is indeed the sweet Goodie Saffron. Hands clasp to her mouth she trembles and looks around fearfully wondering who could possibly have done such an evil deed!

"I shall vote Silk Satine, those fancy....well, everyone knows what she was ordering! It simply is not proper and something is amiss with her!" and with that she heads home to deal with a houseful of children and a very unhappy husband.

Teno

"I find it interesting that you should choose myself." Teno began when Ryven voted against him. "But also I understand why, for we don't know who it could be doing this to us. It could even be someone we've known for years." He looked at the gathering, wondering who among them seemed to have more knowledge of witchcraft than they should. "I'm not too sure about Marguerite at the moment, my gut seems to be telling me something. Either that, or it's just indigestion."

Solaine

"A newt!" Silk wails to her father.  "Heaven help us!"  She shudders, imagining herself waking up in the morning, smothered in her French underthings and gown in the form of a ---a ferret.  Oh god have mercy on them!

Then upon hearing the accusation leveled against her, she protests.  "Wearing scanty underwear does not make me a witch... although I am sure that some of you would say it would make me something else," she blushes sheepishly.  "But it does not make me a witch!  I hear that witches like to masquerade as good folk, to practice their dark arts in the safety of their disguise... and who could be more good than our Goody Ladysky?  She is too good! A bastion of perfection in our city! What black artifices lie under that goodness while we look away, unsuspecting, and our fellow villagers are transformed into heaven knows what?"
“Not the glittering weapon fights the fight, but rather the hero's heart.” ~ Proverb
~Currently not available for new games.~

Duncan

Stepping out of his home Duncan watched as a group of villagers meet together in a circle and were chatting up a storm.  Walking over to them he listend in and was just as shocked as they were.  Speaking up he said, "I too agree with Teno.  So Marguerite is the witch."

Marguerite

Coming from the man who killed our Preacher and who cannot even say my own name correctly.

-Scoffs-

Teno, I return the favor right back because you can easily be a witch.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Saku

Eh, I am not sure at the moment but I shall side with Marguerite for the moment and say that I have a suspicion about Teno although I might be persuaded to change my vote if the right evidence came up. :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

LadySky

LadySky hears of the various votes pouring in and decides she should follow her gut instincts on this one.

Marching to the voting box she changes her choice to Teno, he did lead the way in killing the towns spiritual advisor after all!

Teno

"Wait, what? How did I suddenly become the villain here? I'm just like most of you, just a normal peasant who lives in fear of what you might do to me! I think maybe I was wrong. Perhaps it was you, LadySky!"

Valerian

Current voting:

Teno (4) - Ryven, Marguerite, Saku, LadySky
LadySky (2) - Silk Satine, Teno
Marguerite (1) - Duncan
Silk Satine (0)
*Duncan (0)
Maeven (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: Maeven

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Teno

"Well, that's great. Seems the witches outnumber us villagers and they are making you think someone other than they are the enemy. Fine, lynch me, and see the lies are coming from those that voted me. And besides, it was Saku who lead the way in killing the preacher, I never even voted him."