Professional Wrestlers can be cool too! ((CM Punk vs Chris Brown))

Started by RecklessRapscallion, February 22, 2012, 03:42:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RecklessRapscallion

So, Chris Brown famous pop artist who was also accused of beating his ex-girlfriend a while back, also started a massive internet war recently with professional wrestler CM Punk. According to what I have read, CM Punk was answering a fan question about music and Chris Brown was mentioned. No insults or attack of character happened but Chris Brown found out about this and began talking a lot of crap against CM Punk's character.

Before I start rambling here was a video CM-Punk posted in which he responds to Chris Brown's internet belligerence and confronting him on his treatment of women.

http://www.twitvid.com/4CAPE

I would like to hear opinions but I agree with the point CM Punk made to Chris Brown.

((I would have put this on general chat but the topic is still controversial did not want to risk it. >.<))
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction

Oniya

I have to admit I normally think CM Punk is a bit of a pretentious git.  That said, I was cheering him on when I found out about this 'Twitter war'.  The most amusing part was when Chris Brown started accusing Punk of using steroids - he must not be aware that Punk is Straight Edge.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Alexiel

CM Punk, most of the time, is a complete jerk. At least on camera, I've no idea how he is in real life, but from what I've seen in other things not dealing with his persona CM Punk, Phil Brooks is a pretty decent guy.

I think he was in the right when he said what he did about Chris Brown, he didn't do it in a disrespectful way, so I've got to stand with CMP on this one. That's just my two cents worth, and as Oniya said, Brown must not watch much wrestling or he'd know that CMP is Straight Edge. (For those that don't know, this means no drinking, smoking, drugs, performance enhancers, anything of that nature.) And as far as we all know, Punk lives the lifestyle he claims he does, just don't let the tattoos throw you off lol. =)
Search Thread | Ons & Offs | A&A's | Post List
Alexiel is currently UNAVAILABLE for new stories.

Oniya

Based on his IMDB bio, he's Straight Edge in real life, too.  (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1516006/bio )  I wasn't going to rely on his ring persona or Wikipedia for that claim.  ;)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

RecklessRapscallion

I kind of like CM Punk and compared to the majority of the WWE he has a lot of talent. But yeah he is kind of obnoxious but I would rather watch CM Punk then Randy Orton or Big Show. So before we stray too far off topic I created a thread in the off topic forum to discuss wrestling. I thought the video was respectful and kind of wish Chris Brown will accept the challenge but let's be honest that would probably never happen. :(
"Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash Williams
O/O's - Under Construction