General Concensus For Males (but females can peek too)....

Started by Saku, March 07, 2010, 01:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saku

Is it just me or are all guys or most guys afraid of clowns? xD

(Males and Females can respond but I really want to know what the guys think since they are guys after all)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Jude

Will

I'm not afraid of clowns, but I can't stand to be around them.  It's just extremely uncomfortable, for reasons I don't even fully understand myself.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Braioch

Yeah I'm not afraid of them either, they're creepy but they don't creep me out you know?

What really creeps me out is dolls, can't stand the little things -.-
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

hgb

Clowns don't bother me at all, now needles.... That bothers me quite a bit, and I just don't understand why.

Samael

The only clown that ever got me was this one here:

No problem with clowns at all though.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Braioch

Quote from: Samael on March 07, 2010, 08:07:26 PM
The only clown that ever got me was this one here:

No problem with clowns at all though.

That movie was wretched  >:(

Now the book was awesome ^_^
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Serephino

I'm not afraid of them, but they are a little creepy.

Doomsday

Nadir

Sabby

*shudders and sits in a corner, hugging his legs and wrapping his tail about them, wings circling like a protective caccoon* They can't hurt me. Its all in my head. They can't hurt me. Its all in my head.

DrFier

This always seemed to be the other way around for me, that most girls were.

Which reminds me, I have this one Halloween mask somewhere, it covers the whole head, with a short curly haired wig part. white face, red nose, razor sharp teeth. :D
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

Will

I've honestly never noticed a gender-split in clown fear.  It seems pretty widespread, on either side.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

CaptainErotica

The only clown i'bve ever been afraid of was Pennywise, (pictured above.)

I actually read It in only 2 days.

jouzinka

*remembers 'Everybody Loves a Clown' episode and giggles*

Suppose I should start being afraid... XD
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Samael

Quote from: Braioch on March 07, 2010, 08:10:08 PM
That movie was wretched  >:(

Now the book was awesome ^_^

Haha, I am kinda opposite.
I really don't care for King's horror books, finding them not really exciting, and somewhat formulaic, but I really liked that movie here, although in general I'd say most of the movies made from his horror stories suck.

Now Shawshank Redemption, green mile, and even the mist, those are beautiful and awesome movies. Especially Shawshank Redemption is in my top 5.

Torch

Quote from: Samael on March 08, 2010, 08:28:36 PM
Haha, I am kinda opposite.
I really don't care for King's horror books, finding them not really exciting, and somewhat formulaic, but I really liked that movie here, although in general I'd say most of the movies made from his horror stories suck.

Now Shawshank Redemption, green mile, and even the mist, those are beautiful and awesome movies. Especially Shawshank Redemption is in my top 5.

I agree with you about "The Mist". Stephen King said in an interview that he wished he'd thought of the movie ending to use for the novella. The novella ending was more ambiguous, with the survivors just driving off into the mist. The movie ending however....very powerful and heart wrenching.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Nico

Personally, it's beyond me why people are afraid of clowns at all. I just never understood why.

Samael

Quote from: Torch on March 08, 2010, 08:38:58 PM
I agree with you about "The Mist". Stephen King said in an interview that he wished he'd thought of the movie ending to use for the novella. The novella ending was more ambiguous, with the survivors just driving off into the mist. The movie ending however....very powerful and heart wrenching.

I went and got the book after seeing the movie, and I can completely understand why Stephen King felt that way. I put a lot of reason why that last scene was so emotionally powerful on Thomas Jane's performance, which was really stellar in this movie. You really bought him breaking down and despairing. Very well acted. I wish we learned more about the source of these creatures, and where they came from, beyond what little information book and movie gave us, but then that would have probably dispelled some of the uncertainty, the creepiness and shock.

Oniya

Quote from: Nicholas on March 08, 2010, 11:35:31 PM
Personally, it's beyond me why people are afraid of clowns at all. I just never understood why.

In general, it's because the clown is a freakishly distorted caricature of the normal person - feet too big, face too pale, lips too red, mouth too wide, etc.  A small child exposed to a clown doesn't quite know what to make of it, and is more likely to react with fear than laughter.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mnemaxa

Clowns tap into soem very dark places in the psyche. 

Pale skin, bloody mouth, weird and alien eyes, bright, dangerous colors.

Also, clowns were very often on the scene of deaths in circuses, distracting people from the macabre incidents where someone fell from a trapeze or was mauled by an animal. 

They are tricky, twisted things, plotting and cunning, clever and demented, even when entertaining you.

The Well of my Dreams is Poisoned; I draw off the Poison, which becomes the Ink of my Authorship, the Paint upon my Brush.

DrFier

I always assumed that it was the Red coloring against the pale skin, giving the illusion of a corpse.
Ons and Offs
Ideas
The Doctor is out.

Screen images simulated. Not an actual physician. Professional driver on a closed course, do not attempt. If you have an erection lasting more than four hours, contact your significant other.

thebobmaster

I am creeped out by clowns. But they don't really freak me out.

Statues, on the other hand, do. And I have a reason, as anyone who's seen the Doctor Who episode "Blink" can attest to.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

WhiteyChan

Quote from: thebobmaster on March 09, 2010, 11:07:55 AM
I am creeped out by clowns. But they don't really freak me out.

Statues, on the other hand, do. And I have a reason, as anyone who's seen the Doctor Who episode "Blink" can attest to.

Oh, that episode scared the living daylights out of me...