News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New Game Idea #1

Started by Vandren, February 17, 2007, 08:49:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandren

If I can get five interested people, I'll get a board set up (though I might go ahead with four).

Sulsa 3000
Sulsa (noun, Korean) - “knights of the night;” Korean equivalent to the Japanese ninja, save that they were officially part of the military; engaged in espionage, assassination, and scouting.

Station 517
Ostensibly a privately owned station, a getaway retreat for a certain wealthy businessman, Station 517’s public appearance is simply a cover.  Admittedly, it does have a flat top under a translucent dome which contains a mansion, carefully manicured lawn and two small woods.  And the interiorof the dome does simulate Earth’s weather - usually set to night mid-spring skies.  However, the station is really an EAAU covert operations training facility.  The mansion, trees, and grass are all real, transplanted there from Earth nearly a century ago by the original owner.  When he died, without heirs, the government took control of his massive estate.  Some of which was doled out to private individuals, including (technically) Station 517 - officially given to Mr. Jarred Beal-Goldstein for services rendered to the state. 

Advanced holoprojectors on the station allow instructors to create small cities and any sort of building for training exercises.  The dome can also be made to simulate any weather conditions, day or night, and to become opaque, translucent, or transparent as programmed.  While the EAAU does have training facilities on Earth, those are all potentially subjec to satellite spying or other intelligence threats that are minimized by conducting testing on the station.  Currently, Station 517 instructors and techs are testing various covert op enhancements including: nanotechnology (injected nanobots capable of a variety of things), biomods (post-birth biological modification, usually transplants and retrovirii), gengineering (genetically engineered species), cybermods (cybernetic limbs/implants), androids/robots, and psionic/chi development (which appears to be rendered impossible with the introduction of nano or cybertech).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

bloodrose

Not sure what sort of character I could play, other than some kind of sexy female android, but I'm open to ideas!
bloodrose's Ons and Offs

Vandren

It occured to me that I should provide some more info.

Basically, I envision the Sulsa Program as a non-military covert ops program (roughly analogous to a more competent version of the CIA mixed with U.S. Army Delta Force in that they could also carry out hostage retrieval in certain situations, definite ties to sulsa/ninja-style intelligence gathering, assassination, and scouting).  No uniforms, no real chain of command.  Characters as agents (new or experienced), instructors, or certain support staff (limited here).

Current governments:
Asian Combine (AC) - totalitarian state covering all of Asia and most of the Pacific
Europa, Inc. - corporate empire controling Europa and all of Jupiter's useful moons
Euro-Amer-African Union (EAAU) - conglomerate of member states covering the Americas, Europe, and Africa
Marsgov - democratic Martian territories

Australia/New Zealand - basically a wasteland after the First AC-EAAU War (2502-2514), currently only inhabited by the shattered remnants of Aborigines and Maori respectively

Current year: 3000 C.E.

I have some more detailed info on all of these (two pages total, inc. technology notes).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei