Interest Thread - Group RP Merry/Anita (Closed)

Started by Tizzation, October 21, 2011, 07:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karasu

I know for a fact int he books Merry, Andaias, the Sidhe king, (think his name's Tarannas?), and Essus were the only ones to have two hands of power.

Everyone else i believe has only one.
Removed, due to vandalism.

bubby

Quote from: Karasu on October 29, 2011, 07:11:26 PM
bubby ya never answered my question XD

Oh sorry! Lol. I'd prefer to just play stuff out in the game hun. If you make a Guard, he may or may not be the Queens fav, or even used by her. We ARE talking the Queen of Air and Darkness here.

Quote from: LunarSage on October 29, 2011, 07:31:29 PM
I kinda figured the Queen was going to be the oldest PC in this game... Mythic Ages?  That seems a bit much in my opinion.

+1 on this, but ultimately up to the GM's of course. Though I guess having an older or just as old as the Queen char would work, since it runs with the books theme. I mean look at all the Men. Ageless. However, unless he is the Sidhe King, he should be allowed only one Hand.

I'll take this opportunity to point out though that honestly...his age won't matter in certain aspects, like when the Queen orders something. Her word is law.

Sorry if I've overstepped my bounds Tizz and Soral!

Karasu

oh ya XDthe queen's a bitch. but ehh I'mma make something like Micar from my Drow game. XD
Removed, due to vandalism.

Tizzation

Quote from: bubby on October 29, 2011, 08:29:25 PM
Oh sorry! Lol. I'd prefer to just play stuff out in the game hun. If you make a Guard, he may or may not be the Queens fav, or even used by her. We ARE talking the Queen of Air and Darkness here.

+1 on this, but ultimately up to the GM's of course. Though I guess having an older or just as old as the Queen char would work, since it runs with the books theme. I mean look at all the Men. Ageless. However, unless he is the Sidhe King, he should be allowed only one Hand.

I'll take this opportunity to point out though that honestly...his age won't matter in certain aspects, like when the Queen orders something. Her word is law.

Sorry if I've overstepped my bounds Tizz and Soral!

Stop the madness!!! haha....

OK, In my opinion Shadow Walkers age is irrelevant. Age does not influence who the ruler is. Is it practical to say that bubby's character has been the one and only ruler of the Unseelie court forever? Monarchs can be killed, step down ( i.e Cel vs Merry) , ect. The way everyone has developed their characters, almost all of them come from different geographical locations. The sidhe race was once widespread and extensive across the world, until the last couple centuries, so lets say that Shadow Walkers char is ancient and so is bubby's... maybe she feels threatened by this like Andais was of Barinthus.
QuoteBarinthus/Manannan Mac Lir - A sea god and one of the Queen's Ravens, Barinthus is one of the most powerful members of the Courts. He was long known as the "Kingmaker" for his involvement in the selection of court rulers, and supported first Essus, now Merry for the Unseelie throne. Queen Andais fears that Barinthus may make an attempt for the throne himself, and he is the only member of the guards Andais has forbidden Merry to have reproductive intercourse with, for fear that Barinthus would become Merry's consort and the Unseelie King. Barinthus recently had some of his powers returned via metaphysical sex with Merry, and has become a member of Merry's guard.

That said, in regards to the 'two hands of power', lets limit it to one hand of power per character, to be fair to everyone.

Are there any other questions or suggestions or complaints? Soral and I welcome any and all queries, I want to make sure that everyone is on the same page and that all issues are laid to rest before we start.

Speaking of starting, I am planning on starting the actual RP within the next 48hrs.

SOOOOOOO YAY!!!...

-Tizzation

Cold Heritage

I would have no problem with bubby's queen having two.

Although it makes me uncomfortable to be critical of someone else's character, I want to express that I have similar misgivings about ShadowWalker's character as those voiced. The issue of the character's age is not something that concerns me, though - I have no problem with the character being born in time immemorial. What concerns me is that the character possesses many, significant, potent capabilities. The Hand of Death's Command alone is an incredible ability on its own, but when considered in the context that one of the factions our characters are to be in conflict with is vampires it becomes rather overwhelming. Just overall, the character seems much less diminished than the canon characters were before Merry reawakened their powers. The character is powerful to a degree that it does not really seem to fit in with the others.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

bubby

I've spoken with Tizz, and Queen will have 1 Hand, that of shadow/darkness manipulation, and 2 innate...air suck outta a room and hearing things spoken on the night winds.