The Collapse of Mankind, oh and Earth too. (Not a comedy)

Started by Demigod1945, October 11, 2013, 12:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demigod1945

New York: Post Judgement Day.

Ok, so I have an idea blossoming, and I wanted to see if anyone would be interested to try it out on E. It is a apocalyptic themed roleplay, but not a zombie one, nor any disease ridden world. Instead I'm going more for a somewhat original idea (I hope).

Back-story:
In the metropolis that is New York City, chaos reigns supreme over all. Over 296 days have passed since what has been called many names, but known by most as, 'Judgment Day'. The day not where the world ended, but Humanity. The estimated population of the Earth before Judgment Day, was 7.117 billion people. Over night, that number dropped to a little over 5 million. There was no war, no famine, no great catastrophe, no plague, no violent cannibalistic walking corpses. Just 6,995,000,000 human beings, vanishing into thin air. No bodies were left behind, no scraps of cloth, no blood, nothing. All of society, gone, in the blink of an eye. And that was just the beginning, because something even worse, and even more unthinkable, happened. And that's when the world ended.

Monsters
Note: Just a few of the monsters that I thought of, obviously I didn't create them, they just somewhat fit the description that I came up with for "My" monsters.
I know, the Abomination from Marvel, but I rather like him as a mindless hell spawn creature thing.

Whatever this thing is, minus the blood since this is PG-13.

Alien wolf thing.
My idea is that these creatures were restricted to New York, explaining why there are only a few types, I will be looking for more inspiration though, to create new ones.

Within 5 days of 'Judgment Day', it was as if the Gates of Tartarus it self were opened like a floodgate; defiling, filthy, and unnatural creatures appeared all over the globe. From the size of an elephant to a small pigeon, these hellish creatures restructured the very biosphere of Earth itself, to suit there needs, quickly assaulting the already existing ecosystems of animals on Earth.  Animals of all types, whether it be the ferocious tiger, or the seemingly insignificant field mouse, became instinct, or endangered. Any surviving species swiftly learned to hide from these new dominant creatures of Earth's food chains. Those that didn't simply ceased to exist.

The remaining human population was even further reduced in number by these walking horrors. Now there aren't even enough people to keep count. Those who were tough enough to survive the Monsters, hunt and scavenge by day, and cower and hide by night. Going out at night is a guaranteed death sentence. In the long run, there seems to be no apparent connection between the monstrosities and the disappearance of almost every single human being. Of course the Human race was the only species capable of even remotely defending themselves against this perverse invasion of the world, but that's not important now, right?

Character sheets: As of now, I don't have plans for a diced based system, or a skill system for that matter, I'll just go on the pretense that people can be trusted with how their characters do things and how well.

Name:
Played By:
Background:
Special Skill or training:

Fairly simple, no?

Rules:
1: Obviously, try not to God mod, I've done it myself a few times due to inexperience, but that's just me, and it was an accident, but with the Role-Plays I've seen on here I don't think that will be an issue.
2: No overpowered or "perfect" characters, I'm serious about this one, you just aren't going to have guy who worked in accounting all of his life, pick up a gun, and suddenly becomes a bad-ass who never misses with it.
3: Please keep it realistic, guns, melee weapons, and ammunition will not be lying in huge piles in the middle of the street. Also I plan, if this thing gains any momentum, to make a sort of "food bar/hydration bar" system. And for those of you who don't like that, don't worry, your character won't die within five minutes if they don't eat a granola bar or something. The human body can last up to three weeks before starving to death, and up to three days without water, so I'll try to model off of that. Please not that this is a "plan", not written in stone kind of deal,  it may not come to fruition, if I feel it would ruin everyone's fun.
4: At least try to post once every other week, I know we all have more important things in life keeping us busy, such as school, work, and other stupid things, so posting frequency is not too big of a deal, just try to post. It's the thought that counts.
5: Since I am on hold, I've been restricted to the Non-Adult sandbox, so while this thread might better suit a different Role-Play section, there is nothing I can do about it. Also, I can not PM so this thread will most likely be the OOC, unless stated otherwise.
6: PLEASE, feel free to give any tips, pointers, or advice, I'm somewhat a 'noob' at creating a Role-Play so any help is welcome. I take criticism well (I think I do anyway), and therefore will take what you say and probably apply it to improve upon this Role-Play and myself.

That sums up all of my thread, so if you're interested, stop on by and poke your head in to ask any specific questions not answered already.

Demigod1945

Ok, so seeing that I wrote this up while half asleep, it seems that I forgot to include the plot and a few other goodies. Noob mistake, I'll just chop it up to that.

Plot: Basically at first the main characters will just survive, any actual storyline is still in the works. Mostly our characters would just try to survive the monsters, and the new world order that they created. Food, water, and safety are in demand, but there just isn't enough supply to go around, so imagine there would be some conflict over resources with the characters. This won't be a Left For Dead shoot-them up type thing, their will be a psychological affect on the characters as they continue through the story and survive, which is probably why this may end being a on dice based system. Also anyone who is interested can help me figure out the finer details though.

Characters: Can be whoever you want, doesn't matter one bit to me, I only ask that if you create someone who was, say, an electrical engineer, that they actually know their way around that particular subject. I don't think that will be an issue, but I'll still point it out.

Combat system: If/when your character fights a monster or another character, I do not have a dice based system in place at the moment. It could be added later on, but as of now, I'll simply trust people to be grown up and make their own decisions that are fair, and realistic, in combat.

I'm sort of running on fumes here for more to add, so please if anyone is interested, do speak up about ideas.

Mercurio123

Sounds interesting, I'd be up for it if we can get the timings right. I'm Europe based with a full time job so my time will be a bit limited, however, assuming you are game and we can find time that works I'd like to play either a medic (not that I'm a surgeon or anything but I can work my way round it) or PC tech. the first would be a practical choice for any adventure whereas the second would be more of a, what would a person do who's knowledge was so useful in a modern society but now is utterly pointless. It could make for decent RP situations though the latter may not live long :-p

Let me know if that is of interest to you and I'll flesh out either character.

Cheers

Demigod1945

I'm based in the USA, more specifically US Central time, but I tend to pull all nighters and such frequently, which is probably not wise, but that might help with the whole timing thing. Anyway, yeah I'm totally game.

Either one of your character ideas work great, so I'll leave your personal preference to decide what you pick. I do like the idea of the tech guy though, probably since I play that role in life myself.

Mercurio123

Haha, so do I. ah could be good fun for a lark. okay here is my suggestion for my character, nothing majorly fleshed out but you get the idea I'm sure:

Name: Marcus Erikson
Played By: Mercurio though I will amend the nick for play but that is what I'm registered under on sorcery

From: Immigrant from Sweden impeccable English as most Scandinavian Europeans tend to be. (unless you mean me at which point UK)
Background: Came over to the states to start a network job for HP. Starting out as a simple sysadmin he pulled in more qualifications and has a knack for security. Doing a bit of White Hatting he ended up tapping in to a big server in Wall Street. Instead of making a mint messing with the figures he kept his white hat firmly on and passed on the holes and how to fix them. This in turn landed him a well paid job at 25 at Wall Street. Things where looking good, finally he can stop paying rent, take up some less usual hobbies like archery, and have a mortgage. a few more years on things seem to be getting better and better. Having people working under him, a nice girl being interested in him, few dates etc.
And then.... life stops... and depending on where the story starts he may be a bit stressed :-p

Special Skill or training: Techie wiz, give him a computer, he can make it sing. Not much use there. Still he is a reasonable shot with a Recurve Bow, even better with a compound. Now if only he shot more than stationary targets he might be useful.

let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Demigod1945

Demigod1945

So it seems that I keep forgetting things...

Player count: A maximum of five players would be ideal, but any number below that would work.

That's all, man I need to stop doing this.

Mercurio123

bwahaha. you need an early night mate.
So a few more players are needed. any takers?

Demigod1945

Alright so I'm simply waiting a few days to see if any one else pipes up interest. If not a one on one would work Mercurio if you want to do that.

Mercurio123

Sure I'm up for giving it a shot. The premise quite appeals to me. It sounds a bit like silent earth but with monsters.

Demigod1945

Ok then, unless someone else pops in here today, I'll start up a IC thread either tomorrow or the next day, depending on whether or not I'm able to get on here.

Mercurio123

Aye, just pop on the details and we'll have a stab at it. As I said before though during the week my time might be fairly limited as I work full time and start rather early but I'm sure we'll manage.

Hazel

Is this still open to people joining? This seems like it'd be an interesting story as it goes along.

Demigod1945

Yeah, it is. And sorry Mercurio, I'm wanting to kind of create a storyline before I make a beginning post, but I'll try not to keep you waiting too long. Probably should have done it before posting this. Stupid, Stupid.

Hazel

Awesome. I would like to join in on this, if you don't mind.  :-)

Mercurio123

no worries. I'm not in a rush, and sure sounds good Charles.
Could be fun. three intrepid adventurers exploring a dangerous new world and stuff.

AnaBellaJade

Mercurio123

It has yet to start so yes from where I stand. I'm tempted to just start something myself and just see what happens though if you are game and the original poster doesn't make a move..

AnaBellaJade

It says their account is on hold, maybe they are just not active? I am hoping to find an RP soon, I don't want to steal their idea but if you do something similar to this please let me know, I'm ready to get started lol.

Mercurio123

It probably means he went idle. Sod it, yeah I'll go set something up. Is forum okay for you? IRC can be an option too.
I'll make an introductory post in a new thread with some background story and my character and we can get this rolling. Anyone who was in this thread at some point will be welcome to join. I'll pretty much stick to the lines as presented originally so no dice as of yet but if this picks up and there is a need for it we can work something out or just free form it.
Cheers,
M

Hazel

AnaBellaJade

Okay I'll keep an eye out and start putting together a good character for this.

Mercurio123

cool cool, I'll have an intro up by tomorrow I think. I'm part way done, just too late now for me to finish it off.
Good to see you are interested as well still Charles. :)

Mercurio123

First post up
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=194513.0
I left the post so I could meet one, or both of you. We can use this forum as a sort of OOC if required or use the messaging system. I'm easy. No dice just yet but as stated before if deemed preferable I'm sure we can work something out. there are plenty systems out there that can be adapted for this or we can just use it as a randomizer.

Anyway have a read, hope you like it and are up for giving it a shot.

Cheerio,
M

Hazel

Okay, I'm going to strike up a character sheet and then start on a post.

Name: John Michaels
Played By: Charles

Background: He was completely normal by any ones standards, if a bit quiet. He had developed a fear of darkness, stringing from the many night terrors he had. He had started to take a career in the culinary arts,and had found a college in New York. His education had been going fine, and he was busying himself with finding a job to pay for his bills. That was until he went to the Broadway show that some of his friends had gotten him to go see. It hadn't been terribly exciting, so he decided to sleep a bit. It was dark and no one would find out. That was until he woke up, no one around him. He was alone with nothing but a bright light set on where it had started to show some actor doing their thing. He was alone again, like he had never been before.

Special Skill or training: Can cook well. Also can use a knife very well, but not that efficient at it.

Mercurio123

AnaBellaJade

AnaBellaJade

Name: Annalisa McDermot

Background: Annalisa is a recent college graduate who was interning at a local middle school as an Earth Science teacher. She was raised in foster care with 3 foster brothers and 2 foster sisters, she learned to defend herself from her drunk foster mother and a foster father that had an interest in her at the age of 13. Annalisa was a very outgoing woman once she left her foster family but still had a hard time trusting people and never had many friends or a serious relationship. At the time of the worlds end she and 18 of her students were in New York to visit the New York Hall of Science for a school approved field trip.

Special skills or training- Basic hand to hand combat. Good leader, and knowledge of basic practical sciences from her 10 months of teaching.

Hazel

Thank you. Are we still going with the original monsters, or keeping them and adding more?

Mercurio123

Thanks Ana, looking good.

Since we basically start only a few months after the event unlike the original which would have been several years after I was planning on introducing them a bit at a time. The reapers would be the worst of the lot IMO but there is nothing stopping us from dreaming up some other nasties. I'm open to suggestions from either of you or I can just dream something up.

Just read both your posts. top stuff! You'll have to excuse me I will be a bit slow in my posts but I'll do my best to get one up if not today then tomorrow the latest.

Cheers,
M

AnaBellaJade

Thanks, first time I RPed as a human lol. I'm sure we can figure out some of the monsters, I can brainstorm tonight.

Hazel

Congrats on being accepted AnaBelle. The slowly growing horde is a great idea, I was hoping we could mix and match from various media. Xenos from aliens, Something from doom, maybe those bird things from dead space.

AnaBellaJade

thanks ;D
I think that is a good idea it will also help give us a predatory and visual representation for them.

Vill

Evening! Or morning -- unimportant.

I'm glad to see that this idea wasn't hung out on the proverbial clothes line to dry. I'm currently waiting for my application to be accepted, but this game looks like it could be right up my ally. I'm pretty much available to post at least once, if not multiple times, a day. There might be a slight hic-up in my posting early next week as I'll be standing body guard for an inanimate object at an undisclosed location...

WTH does that even mean!? Mysterious... But! There should be Wi-Fi where I'm going, and I'll have a whole lot of nothing to do at night.

I'm in the PST, but I'm a night owl with a sleep schedule that tends to attune itself to any compelling game I can get ahold of. I'm going to take a more thorough read through the posts made under the new thread and everyone's character sheets before I post mine. I mean, even if there isn't room for me I figure I'll do it just for fun.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Cheers.

Mercurio123

Congrats on being approved Ana.
Monsters aren't a bad idea, though I would introduce them slowly. it's only been a few months since the world went to pot so they wouldn't come in hordes.

Vill, no problems with you joining up from my POV. I'm not planning on doing a huge crowd or anything but 4 to 6 should be do-able so consider yourself welcome. If you can add some character details here then we can link up with your character in the game forum.

Just to clarify for everyone, (all pretty obvious really but hey)
I do not expect a post from everyone everyday. heck I'm not going to manage that as I have already shown :-p
but as long as it stays fun and doesn't go stagnant it should be cool.

Length too isn't a massive deal, one liners obviously suck but it's not an essay that you need to turn in and not everything requires long stories anyway.

Obviously proper grammar and spelling is sexy but typo's happen so don't stress

Talking about sexyness, as this can be read by anyone joining up to E even before they get the all clear please keep in mind that sexy is fine but sex is not. Same with excessive violence, killing a monster is fine, heck even killing a human is fine but going silence of the lambs on the victim is a bit of a no go.

Finally, please communicate. Do you have ideas, problems, writers block, questions, hot chocolate, post it here.
alternatively feel free to sling me a message .

Right I think that's my preaching done. I shall cease and desist of it and sally forth to the game forum to let my coward do some heroic actions.. or maybe just the other way around.

Cheers,
M

Vill

Right on, boss. Thanks for the O.K. to go ahead. I'm going to post my character details here in a bit then start working on a post for the game.

Considering the emphasis on the cold weather: is it safe to assume it's sometime in January? I haven't lived in NY for a bit, but I kind of remember that month being the gnarliest.

I'm going to try to stay in line with the original GM's request that we choose a profession that we have at least some rudimentary knowledge of, and that we try to write as if weaponry is scarce in this newly abandoned world. I'm excited to write with you all, and you can expect a post out of me today for sure. I don't want anyone to feel they have to wait for me to post first, though. I think it should still be pretty easy to establish the round-robin system regardless, since it's so early in the game.

Vill

Name: Aiden Reaux
Played By: Vill

Background: Aiden Reaux enlisted into the United States Coast Guard and arrived a boot camp in New Jersey just three days after his nineteenth birthday. His first unit was a small boat station off the North Western seaboard at Cape Disappointment. He received orders after thirteen months to attend BM-A school at TRACEN Yorktown, Virginia. The rank of Boatswains Mate 3rd class, was awarded to Reaux upon his graduation, elevating his rank to E-4: 3rd Class Petty Officer. His next assignment would be aboard a 378 ft. High Endurance Cutter named The Hamilton. Twenty-Six months a board The Hamilton would send BM3 Reaux on several patrols across the Pacific and along North America’s coastline conducting drug and migrant interdiction missions. He would gain qualification as a boarding team member, and eventually achieve his final promotion to E-5, BM2.

Petty Officer Reaux stood aboard the fantail of the Hamilton with a cigarette pressed between his lips as the city of San Diego slowly lowered over the horizon. This was to be his final tour: an eight month patrol that would take The Hamilton and her crew through the Panama Canal and North along the United States coastline. His enlistment would end roughly two months after their return. The freedom of civilian life had been gnawing at the edges of his mind for the last two years. The Pacific Ocean was agreeable that day, as if it knew it may never see the sailor again...

Special Training: Boat Handling, Chart Literacy and Navigation, Small Arms Operation and Maintenance, Rudimentary First Aid and CPR.

(I liked how you all pretty much had a description of how the character found out they were alone in the world, and what they did in the two months prior to the current timeline in your first post. I really wanna do that, it seems fun. Let me knows if there are any questions or concerns with my character sheet. Sorry it's a little long. I get carried away when I'm enjoying myself.)

Hazel

So I'm gonna try and sneak up on this thing, obviously before it gets the jump on you guys. How are we going to do the combat? Just discuss it before hand, or just same as the original post of doing what you think would happen?

I like it Vill. You could make it so that the ship, without crew to handle it, crashes into the city and that's how he realizes something happened? Could make it a nest or something later on if everyone wants to, so we have to sneak on for the supplies.

Vill

Quote from: Charles on January 17, 2014, 04:18:34 PM
I like it Vill. You could make it so that the ship, without crew to handle it, crashes into the city and that's how he realizes something happened?

I see we have a clairvoyant in the group: you read my mind...

...although, I'm not sure if there will be a ship left to nest within...

If you catch my drift. --queue dramatic music---

Mercurio123

Nice one Vill, and by all means make a discovery post. the good thing about a bit of exposition is that you can post it regardless of where we are in the plot if you want.

Charles, probably later on we may do some discussion stuff or even dice if there is a need for it, however right now it's purely to get the characters to join up so use your best judgment. You can alarm M&A or you can try to distract the creature, try to sneak up and kill it.
Just do what you think your character would do. The creature is pretty much blinded but has good ears, it's also not the fastest walker, but it can leap really well.

Position wise M has his back to the creature and is blocking A's view. I think that sums it up really.

Vill

Quote from: Mercurio123 on January 17, 2014, 06:39:32 PM
Nice one Vill, and by all means make a discovery post. the good thing about a bit of exposition is that you can post it regardless of where we are in the plot if you want.

Roger that, boss.

Vill

So I posted what happened the night of everyone's disappearance. Sorry it's damn mini-novella (is that term over redundant?)

My next post won't be so long. I'll wait for a good point to interject Reaux into what's happening with you three. I just got a little carried away with the events of that night. I've had a lot of pent of energy for writing I needed to unleash.

ReaderGurl

Vill

Hello, Reader.

I had a question for you Mercurio: How do you feel about starting a new OOC thread for us under the Looking for non-adult thread? The game thread has a slightly different name anyway. You could make your own description of events be the first page and copy paste our existing character sheets beneath it. I think it would be better than having the original poster's thread as the flag ship.

Your call though!

ReaderGurl

I'm just going to make a character sheet lol. I don't mind if I cant be in the IC thread, it was fun to make a character regardless

Name: Michelle Chang
Played by: ReaderGurl
Background: Michelle grew up in a heavily militarized area of China. She was enlisted into China's army as soon as she turned 18, and served for 4 years after that. However, when she turned 23, she deserted, determined not to waste five years of her life doing something she didn't want to do. The morning after she ran, she woke up to find most of the people around her gone,. She's been on the run since then, and has learned to survive with the very little she has. Luckily, when she ran, she had enough foresight to take her standard-issue gun with her, but she's almost out of ammunition. The wild animals have been brutal.
Special Skills: Stealth and tracking, camouflage, gun handling

Vill

Nice character sheet. I'm interested in seeing how she made it to New York!

ReaderGurl

Oops, didn't think that far... lol maybe when she was running, she stowed away on a boat. And when she got to ny, that's when the people vanished

Vill

ReaderGurl

Lol well i Wanted to have her be in china because I feel like I'm becoming more and more chinese every day :P well not literally, but I'm learning the language and the culture lol

Mercurio123

Hello Vill and Reader,

Not a bad idea Vill, I'll have a look in to it. should be easy enough to do and I can and a following link on this one.

Just read your exposition story. Very good, great details too.

Reader, I can probably slot one more in but I haven't linked the original 3 characters together yet, let alone Vill's so it could take a few posts before I can line everyone up.
Having a native Chinese character could be quite interesting and I'm all for it, there are however 2 things that spring to my mind. 1 would be the language barrier. China isn't well known for their English education so I suspect a soldier would have rudimentary English at best. It can however be great fun to play out the communication difficulties between them.
The next issue is more of distance. From what I read in your char desc. she is still in China. Getting her with the others could be a tad tricky. She'd sooner stumble upon someone in China.
Though I can think of a few suggestions to get round it while still having your character. Perhaps even get you to join up with Vill first so neither of you have to hang about for the rest of us before having a shot at RPing

Let me know your thoughts and we can work something out.

ReaderGurl

Actually, people in China learn English as well as a Chinese language. I don't think the language barrier would be that much of a problem.

As for her still being in China, yeah she is. I didn't even think about that when I wrote my bio lol. I would be fine with joining up with Bill first, whatever works best for the story

Mercurio123

Oh they learn it but it's rather limited in my experience. Unless they have lived in an English speaking country for a while it is rather rudimentary. I'm not saying she wouldn't be-able to make herself understood, but it would be rather weird if she would use the local varnacular and colloquialisms too might go above her head every now and then. Heck I already have that with Americans when I use British colloquialisms and both UK and USA speak English :-p
I'm not saying you have to play her like a stereotype Chinese tourist but you know, having her come over like a harvard student also seems a bit odd.

Now with regards to her ending up in the states, since she was on the run, how about her trying to run away a bit further and trying to get in to the states? maybe she was picked up by border patrol and detained? Or maybe instead of running away from the army the chinese and the states did some training exercise together and she came across only to wake up alone on the base? Seeing as it seems Vill's character is heading for a military installation that could be a good way of getting the two to meet up?
Just brainstorming really, obviously if you have a good idea, let me know and we can see how to knit it all together.

ReaderGurl

True true lol. Sh she'll just understand basic English, not all the things we say that mean something else lol. As for her in the States, I think that having the states and china do a training thing together is a really good idea, maybe when she wakes up she and Vill's characters are the only ones left there?

Vill

Good news guys,

I did some research into the dilemma of our Chinese Soldier and have come up with a pretty good solution. As it stands now, Petty Officer Reaux would have traveled West along the South Coast of Long Island.

The Stanton Island Expy connects Lower West Brooklyn to Stanton Island. But more importantly, Fort Hamilton sits on Brooklyn's shore directly parallel to Coast Guard Sector New York, on the Stanton Island's East shore. The two bases are a stone's throw away. Well, not literally of course, but close enough.

I had planned on explaining that Reaux had slowly gone along the shore in a commandeered, small water craft after visiting each small boat station to look for other members of the Coast Guard and to restock on fuel and whatever food he could find. Ultimately he would find a base with charts pointing at USCG Sector New York. Sector's are more or less major bases in any given district. It is possible that, if Reader's Soldier decided to hole up in Fort Hamilton -- be it that she was there for joint training between the U.S. and China, or she is a defector brought there to offer intelligence or whatever (maybe she escaped China on her own, was living in NY and somehow had known about the major army bases in America) -- she would spot the small craft he would be using to cross the Hudson River.

Despite the in-game cold, the Hudson River has only frozen a few times. This is up to Mercurio though. If it is cold enough to have the River freeze then Reaux would have to cross the Stanton Island bridge. Either way, he needs to go directly past Fort Hamilton, whether or not that is where we decide the Chinese Soldier should be.

Thoughts?

Vill

Another, sub-option, to all of the above would be to say that those events have all already unfolded and Michelle Chang and Aiden Reaux have already met. It seems unlikely that it would take three months for Aiden to traverse the Long Island Sound anyway. They could start their first official posts as having decided to push further North into New York city in an attempt to find other survivors. There would be a brief outline in our first posts, but this could eliminate a bunch of unnecessary exchanges if you prefer a swifter acclimation of the two military members into the main party. They can still start separated from everyone else until after combat with that demon rabbit is resolved, but they would still be in the city.

I'm down with this and the details could easily be hashed out here between myself and Reader.

ReaderGurl

Yeah I like your second idea better, it will be much easier and probably make more sense. How's this sound to you, Mercurio?

Mercurio123

Bwahaha Demon Rabbit. like it.

Anyway plan wise, yeah sounds good to me. Go for it.

With regards to Charles last post:
The window shatters with a loud crash. The monster crouches and snarls as it turns to the window. It turns round to try and locate where the rock came from but the light plays havoc on it's eyes.

ReaderGurl

Mercurio123

Ana, Since you are positioned best to spot our demon rabbit, Do you want to take a shot at it? it's pretty distracted.

Vill

Quote from: ReaderGurl on January 18, 2014, 02:07:38 PM
Yeah I like your second idea better, it will be much easier and probably make more sense.

I like the second idea as well. I referred to it as a sub-option because it pretty much is idea number 1, but events have already unfolded.

Do you want to make the first real-time post for our exchange, Reader?

Basically, the points we need to figure out here are:

-An explanation as to why Ms. Chang was at Fort Hamilton: Normally, I would much rather this be discussed in-character. However, being as we are doing a time lapse, it seems safe to assume that the question would be raised almost immediately for Reaux, since she is a Chinese soldier. You could even be sneaky and lie, but I just need to know what explanation she would have given to my character to fill in that missing period of time. She could even fib and say she's and American Soldier. Everything is fair game, I just need to know what he would know up to this point.

BM2 Reaux's motivation for traveling to Sector NY on the opposite side of the Hudson would be offered to her as such: He's a member of the Coast Guard, his cutter sank, and he has not been able to establish contact with anyone else from his branch of service.

I imagine there is a number of other mundane things that they would come to know about one another, but anything else of significance should be learned in-game.

-How they met: Since this would have happened earlier on, we can say she saw his 25' ft. RB-S rapid response boat heading to Stanton Island from the East. Maybe they were able to establish radio contact and he decided to head to Fort Hamilton instead of the sector station? Her side of the Hudson is closer to down town New York.

-What they spent the last month and a half doing: An easy answer to this is patrolling water ways and coast lines in search of survivors, but to no success. Once it became too cold to traverse the Hudson on their small boat, they decided to push North towards down town New York on foot. Maybe they thought that the winter might be enough to finish off any survivors who had been worse off then they were. It might seem more logical for their own preservation to stay at Fort Hamilton, but they take the risk because of the potential pay off.

I think if we figure out these three points we will have a convincing introduction to Reaux and Chang's co-addition to the story.

I also think you should write an exhibition or some recap of what happened to her the night of everyone's disappearance.

Let me know what you think, friend. And I'm more than happy to discuss, explain or change anything that you think might not work.

AnaBellaJade

Yea I'll go for the demon rabbit ;D can't promise she will actually kill it she is a school teacher after all lol

AnaBellaJade

Posted, sorry for the short post, I'm mobile but didn't want to keep you waiting

Mercurio123

S'all good Ana, nice post.  :-)
Vill and Reader, by all means feel free to post the two of you meeting up. It will take a few rounds before this bunny has kicked the bucket and is ready for skinning. I don't want to make you hang around and be passive. your ideas are good so go for it. plus since they are still exposition they can freely slip in between the bunny posts. all being well we can then figure out a way to get everyone joined up.

Vill

WHO HAS TWO THUMBS AND GOT APPROVED TODAY???

This guys *points thumbs at self*

I'll be a little inactive the next couple days, I have to stand watch on a boat that is in dry dock and the place doesnt have wifi. I snuck off to a bar tonight to check my messages. I'll try to be around, but I'm deffinitly going to wait for Reader to post first.

This is really rare, I'm normally home every night, so I still plan to be super active after this.

Vill

ALSO: nice posts, guys! It's fun to watch the action unfold.

Mercurio123

No worries, take your time. May your watch be uneventful
I've added a small post, mostly so everyone knows what is happening with our Rabbit of Caerbannog.

AnaBellaJade

Vill

Vill

Morning guys,

I'm starting to wonder if ReaderGurl will not be joining us.

Do you think I should just make a post, or what, boss?

Mercurio123

Yeah may not be a bad idea. I was going to send her a message but unfortunately she is unnaproved still so I cannot send any PMS.
Go for it, and if Reader does come back and wants to join I'm sure we can sort something out.

Tyrhung

I'm hoping this is still open to new players?  :)

Name: Aleksei Vorontsov
Played By: Tyrhung

Background: Aleksei lived under Communist rule in the 'former' Soviet Union for many years.  While technically the country had transitioned through the upheaval to Democracy, there remained a large portion of the powers that were who played only lip service to the notion.  Aleksei was the prodigy of one such figure of authority, trained from an early age in science and mathematics.
Aleksei was to become a nuclear scientist, and make his way to America to develop tenure in the country's nuclear community.  When the time was right, Aleksei, as a sleeper agent, would sabotage key facilities when given the signal by Mother Russia.  The idea was to keep the Cold War from happening all over again, and cause the great nation to be brought to its knees before the Hammer & Sickle.
When he had completed his education and training overseas, Aleksei was given passage to New York, as its port of call was one of the most convenient for his homeland.  The process of receiving his greencard, and later citizenship, was smoother than most immigrants would ever experience... as they were without the backing of a well-greased palm.  Aleksei was hired to fill a vacancy in a local engineering company, and soon the plan was in motion for him to rise within the ranks of the company.
The signal never came, as those who would give it vanished one day with the millions of others who left no trace.  Realizing that the time for warring among humans had come to an end after seeing the world bleed into chaos, Aleksei fled to the reactor building and barricaded himself inside.  He was certain the walls would hold against the monsters, and if they did not... he would see to it the walls of no other structure in New York would remain standing, either.

Special Skill or training:
Science and Mathematics - This brand of learning was what Aleksei had been groomed for since childhood.  Capable of understanding and operating complicated machinery, dangerous power sources, and formidable algebraic equations, Aleksei was a shoe-in for many an engineering or R&D company.  His particular field of understanding is geared towards nuclear physics and nuclear chemistry.

Siberian - While not necessarily a skill, per se, Aleksei was born and lived most of his life in the bitter Siberian tundra.  As such, he has become acquainted with hunger and cold, and may not necessarily be affected as adversely as others.

Sleeper Agent - Part of Aleksei's training before his coming to the United States would require him to one day turn on his co-workers and sabotage key facilities.  As a result, he was tutored by Demolitionists and Covert Ops agents.  While this was hardly the largest part of his training, it does mean that he is familiar with the basic use, operation, and maintenance of handguns and explosives, as well as having an understanding of general stealth tactics.

Mercurio123

Haha, I like it!. Yeah I have no objections, I'll be posting a DM post shortly to move the story along again, however feel free to post how your character dealt with the first few days  of him discovering her is alone. Story wise we are a few months further but there is always room for flashabcks. 

Vill How's your post coming along amigo? I suspect Reader has fallen to the way side so by all means, go for it. Maybe you and our russian sleeper can catch up? US marine and Russian spy. could be fun :-p

Mercurio123

Tyrhung

Why thank you, sir.  I'm liking what you've done with the various monstrosities that seem to be popping up - that bit about how the coloration of the fur of the rabbit helped it blend in with the snow was quite fun.

Before long I'll have him go for a romp in the snowy cityscape to meet up with the other intrepid heroes.  :)