DnD 3.5 Thayan Campaign Wanted Small Group GM/Players Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, July 30, 2014, 11:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: Rune on August 11, 2014, 06:35:12 PM
I will stick with the character origin. I guess one other question I have is that if you knew my character before or after the transformation, or both. Also, did you have a hand in cursing him?

Well, Curse spells are in the Necromancy school, while Zaer's character's specialty is in Illusion, so he probably didn't have a hand in the spell itself...

...On the other hand, his teacher Dmitra Flass is still publically-aligned with Szass Tam, Zulkir of Necromancy, so he might know some of the people involved. :P Actually, getting taken in by the infamous First Princess of Thay after your unfortunate transformation and then handed off to her apprentice might be a good explanation for how you came to be in Zaer's character's service.

Edit:
Quote from: RubySlippers on August 11, 2014, 06:47:11 PM
I'm married in the game I need muscle far over a pleasure slave. Anyway I'm sure the cursing was legal the laws among Red Wizards is pretty lax likely, for some odd reason.  >:)

And this is why I originally suggested joint ownership for the massively-overpowered tiger with attached halfling slave girl. :P I suppose you and your spouse would prefer a male bodyguard for a variety of reasons, though...

Zaer Darkwail

Necromancy is not my banned school and baleful polymorph is not in my spellbook (it's transmutation spell) but then again it's indeed possible a zulkir cursed you and passed you on like a toy until ending up to my char's ownership. But to get yourself cursed you must have screwed pretty badly (or faced one chosen of Mystra who cursed you and fellow thayans do not help failures).

Rune

Yeah, I would know better than to ask for help. But I would make promises of repayment once the curse is broken. Of course, being a Red Wizard, he had enemies and those who would actually revel in his predicament.

Re Z L

Nephis is always looking for loyal followers as well, and a Bardic Pleasure Slave is right up her alley  ;D

Her Thrall should end up being plenty muscley for both her and her wife  ;)
A&A

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 11, 2014, 07:03:22 PM
Necromancy is not my banned school and baleful polymorph is not in my spellbook (it's transmutation spell) but then again it's indeed possible a zulkir cursed you and passed you on like a toy until ending up to my char's ownership. But to get yourself cursed you must have screwed pretty badly (or faced one chosen of Mystra who cursed you and fellow thayans do not help failures).

My character could have ordered it asking the Zulkir of Transmutation to enact it after approving the ruling.  >:)

Kunoichi

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 11, 2014, 10:06:44 PM
My character could have ordered it asking the Zulkir of Transmutation to enact it after approving the ruling.  >:)

That sounds awfully devious for a young woman who is supposedly leaving all the plotting and scheming up to her brother. :P

Ironwolf85

I'll sadly have to drop out due to life, I can't handle more than one large RP at a time for now.
I will keep this in mind when I have more time.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Warlock

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on August 11, 2014, 10:17:17 PM
I'll sadly have to drop out due to life, I can't handle more than one large RP at a time for now.
I will keep this in mind when I have more time.

Sad to hear that, see you around. :)
----

OOC thread is up, you can go check that out and I'll see you there.

Snake

Alright I've got a character made for this RP...If I hadn't left the notes for it at home.

Kunoichi

I'd recommend making a placeholder post in the OOC thread, and then editing your character into it when you get the chance.

Snake

OOC? Alright. I supose I can do that.

My idea and generated char was on the basis of a Thayan Gladiator: butu this version is a half-fang dragon with all the pre-reqs for Thayan gladiator I just need to level up.

btw: half-fang dragons are dangerous in melee cuz they automatically gain Improved Natural weapon for ALL Of their natural weapons.

To compensate fo rthe fact they have no immunities nor a breath weapon

RubySlippers

As long as you are willing to fight rebels, rape female ones and do other things. And for Gladiators I recommend Freeman sorts who do that professionally it opens more doors, slaves likely would be allowed near arms or armor unless in training areas or in combat for the masses. And we Red Wizards need enforcer types.

Snake

The one I was working on was female though.....

Given the char could possibly be over a century old; could she be a daughter of a previous Zulkir? ;p *one that' sno longer around naturally*. To make her useful I added in some craft ability too

RubySlippers

Okay minus the rape, but a Zulkier sleeping with a dragon - hum - sounds kinky.  ;D

It fits but we still need some enforcers and muscle there is a rebellion underway see my character was right keeping so many slaves is now biting the Thayans in the ass and not in the good way.

Snake

Well you never know. Unless their free, gladiator females may very well end up being raped. XD

Zaer Darkwail

Umh, thayan gladiators are always slaves. Some may have won freedom after a time but they always originally were full slaves owned by red wizard masters who transmuted them by zulkir of transmutation have 'improved' natural weapons.

You could had won freedom (a champion from a some city) who works as enforcer for hire and who occasion enters ring. But such freedom stories should be rare as no red wizard would let prized gladiator (and successful one) walk away alive unless said master died around same time person earned his freedom (and not through killing red wizard either).

It would be easier if my sister owns the gladiator, bought it and pampers it up so gladiator is happy to be her champion and henchman.

Anyways slave rebels? Okay, so sister needs prepare few summon monster spells I guess :P. Also I can throw some illusions and crowd control spells down there.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure it could be the Red Wizard civil war between the Zulkiers if that is the case, keep your head down. Its outside her duties as in normal politics.

If so Ssazz Tam is the horse to bet on.  ;D

Snake

Warlock

Quote from: Snake on August 14, 2014, 12:39:45 PM
Unless you stop him from pulling his 4e shenanigans....

Anything after 1385 DR does not exist. What is this Abeir-Toril you speak of? ^^

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 13, 2014, 09:31:27 PM
I'm not sure it could be the Red Wizard civil war between the Zulkiers if that is the case, keep your head down. Its outside her duties as in normal politics.

If so Ssazz Tam is the horse to bet on.  ;D

Offical Timeline wise you start at the beginning of the events that lead to the civil war, there's still a few years before hell breaks loose. Unless a band of intrepid anti-heroes interfere that is.

Also don't call Ssazz Tam a horse, it's a good way to join his ''voluntary'' undead forces. ^^

RubySlippers

Okay he is the mighty undead power with massive legions one should be siding with early on.

Snake

man I hate myth-weavers today. they keep fucking with the system and making it impossible to save, cuz it keeps crashing.