Betrayed...but by who

Started by Lady Jenn, January 05, 2012, 05:42:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Jenn

They approached the bright lights of the base, Morrison holding Skylar close as they came into land.

"C'mon," he said, standing up and wincing slightly. "We both need to go see the medic, Petra and Izzy can do the debrief with Tom."

Animegurl5

"I'm fine. I don't need the damn medic." She growled, her hand clutching her thigh tightly and wincing in pain. "This is nothing compared to what might happen to my sister if things don't go our way." She sighed, departing the craft with a defiant glare.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=131173.0

Lady Jenn

"We can't risk a strike against them," Morrison replied. "At least until we're sure what we're dealing with, if we wind up dead it won't help your sister."

He took her in his arms and kissed her again, not caring if anyone else saw and only pulling back when he thought they might need to take a breath of air.

Animegurl5

She melted in his arms, the last of her fighting spirit depleted after all of the action of the day. "Fine." She sighed, gasping for breath and hugging him tightly.
For the rest of the month, my schedule will be awkward and unpredictable. Please pardon my absenses and delayed replies.

Lady Jenn

He took her hand, blushing slightly as he headed to the medical bay where the doctor set about trying to sort his shoulder out.

"Sorry, I should probably stop kissing you," he said sheepishly. "Although I guess if you were hating it you'd have slapped me by now."

Animegurl5

"I really ought to punch you across the room, but I haven't the energy to even slap you so I think you're safe... For now." Her smile was forced, not because it wasn't genuine but because of her lack of energy. Then she looked back at his shoulder and growled to herself. "Why are you taking care of me? Your injury is more critical than mine, you really should be the one to get help."

Lady Jenn

"I'll be fine," he said, laughing slightly at the comment about punching him across the room. "Besides, the medic on the plane said, judging by where the bullet is lodged, while its no threat to me leaving it in trying to remove it might do far worse damage to my shoulder. I assume you don't want me bleeding half to death on you?"

Animegurl5

"I wouldn't care if it weren't for the fact that I dragged your sorry ass to safety... And plus it would be a real waste of talent if I were to let you bleed out everywhere... I still need you to save my sister from those losers too, so do me a favor and try not to die on me." Her eyes shone with devious and playful intent, her joking tone falling flat despite her efforts.

Lady Jenn

"I have no intention to," he said. "I owe them a bit of payback for the bombing still, plus Linklater...well, that's a story for another time why I have a score to settle with him."

"Sorry to interrupt your snugglefest," Petra said as she walked in, raising an eyebrow as Morrison let out an embarrassed laugh, "but the debrief is over. Tom wants to bring you guys up to speed on what we've discovered."

Animegurl5

"Now? Tell him that if he really needs to talk to us, he needs to walk down here himself. There is absolutely no way I am walking back there right now, not in our condition." She narrowed her eyes and her voice held a disbelieving tone at Tom's bad timing.

Lady Jenn

"He can't," Petra replied. "There's something we've discovered the requires the computer in the briefing room to show it to you, there's no computer in the sickbay anywhere near powerful enough to display it." There was an apologetic tone to her voice, she didn't want to drag them out of there but she knew this was urgent.

Animegurl5

"You. Suck." She growled, throwing her hands up in the air and spinning on her heel to head in the direction of the debriefing room. However the moment she stepped forward she fell over and didn't move. After a moment her muffled voice sounded from the floor. "I hate my life." She dragged herself up and leaned back on Morrison with a pout. "Come on let's get this over with."

Lady Jenn

Without even thinking about it he put one hand around her waist as he helped her to the briefing room, where Tom, Izzy, Turk and another woman they hadn't met before were in conversation around a central projector.

"We know what Shadowdancer really is," Tom said with a grimace. "If I said we have a problem then that would be the understatement of a century. Carlie," he said, nodding to the woman they didn't recognise.

"We had two theories," she said, bringing up an image of the Firebrand building. "One was that Shadowdancer was some kind of computer virus and the other was it was the codename for an undercover agent we hadn't discovered yet. It isn't, its a codename for a weapon, more specificially a super-soldier serum the CIA developed in the late 60s but was supposedly destroyed. Evidently someone kept a sample of it without telling anyone."

Animegurl5

Skylar was silent for a moment before bursting out laughing, gasping for breath as she looked over at the woman whoes name was Charlie. "You have got to be kidding me! Big bad company has started copying comic books!" Calming down for a moment she took a deep breath. "They can't be serious, something like that can't possibly work in the real world.... can it? Who's the test dummy?"

Lady Jenn

"That's the reason we needed to show you rather than just tell you in the sickbay Skylar," Tom said with a grimace. "There've been various test runs on it but they've finally found someone who suited the serum perfectly...your sister. She's their ultimate plan if they can't persuade the president to see things their own way."

Animegurl5

This stunned her, and had she not been holding onto Morrison she would have most deffinately fallen. Her grip tightened and something in her stomach flipped. "No." That was all she could get out. One simple word and that was all. "No, this just isn't possible...."

Lady Jenn

"That's what happened to Yuchi and Izzy's siblings isn't it?" Morrison asked, grimacing when he saw Tom nod.

"Its why they vanished without a trace," Izzy replied. "When they wanted out of Firebrand's plan they were imprisoned and had the serum tested on them. Unlike your sister Skylar as far as we can work out it killed them."

Animegurl5

"Well it's not going to happen to my sister. And do you know why that is Tom? That is because you are going to get her out." She growled, not even bothering with formalities.

Lady Jenn

"How do we get her out of there?" Morrison asked Tom. "There has to be a way."

"Its not that easy," Izzy said. "Firebrand has infiltrated more places than we realised. 'Milo' wasn't the only double agent we've unwittingly been contacting. Tom, show him the file Indian intelligence sent MI6 two hours ago."

"This is Arun Patel, the man you spoke to before we retrieved you," Tom said, showing a picture of Arun. "Look at the date under the picture though."

Written under the picture were the words 'Killed in action 25th March 2004'.

"Arun has been dead 6 years," Tom said. "I don't know who's house you were in but it wasn't his. Did anything weird happen while you were there."

"Not that I can remember, just..." Morrison froze. "He told us kids came to the door but we never actually saw them, they could've been anyone."

Animegurl5

"Well we can't deny that he had some good cheese..." She trailed off before snapping back to reality. "Well they already know of our existence so what's to stop me from marching in there to bust her out?" She challenged, her head spinning with all of the crap that was going on in the moment.

Lady Jenn

"If you walk in there without a proper plan they could pick you off with ease," Izzy replied. "If you get killed cos you botched the attack your sister will be in a worse position than she was before. We have the combined might of Tom's forces and MI6 on our side we can find out how to deal with these guys with more chance of us walking away."

Animegurl5

"And what do you expect them to do while Tom and the M16 forces are trying to agree on a plan. They sure as hell aren't going to sit around while they have my sister! I hope you decide quickly on what you want to do because I won't rest until I get my sister back." She hissed, pushing away from Morrison and storming out, her rage muting the pain in her leg. She skipped out on going to the sickbay and instead went back to her room, pulling out a bag and packing it full of whatever she could find.

Lady Jenn

"Tom doesn't want to delay it any more than you do," Izzy said, appearing in the door. "But there's something he didn't reveal at the debrief, something he only told me, Turk and Morrison and he'll probably kill me for telling you this." She walked in, a file under one arm, and sat down on a bed. "Two hours after you left a report came in that a masked gang had abducted a child from outside the gates of a school. The kid they abducted...its his nephew," she said, showing the file that showed a seven year old boy who looked similar to Tom. "Tom doesn't know where they're keeping him, if he goes charging in there then his nephew's chances of survival are next to none."

Animegurl5

Sky paused for a moment but continued her packing. "I'm sorry to hear that, I truly am but I'm not changing my mind. As much as this is a personal matter for him it for me is also very personal, and I am willing to act on it. Is there anything else? If not, I suggest that you start planning if you want things to work out the was you want them to." She shouldered the bag and looked at Izzy with an apologetic gaze that still yelled she wouldn't give up on this.

Lady Jenn

"You don't realise who you're dealing with," Izzy said. "My sister tried to warn me, I think she stumbled across something looking at their accounts. They offered me a chance to retrieve her alive but...I thought they were just dodgy businessman. I was haunted by the fact I had a chance to save her even before I found out what became of her. They know your face now, you go charging in there alone and without a plan they're going to shoot you on sight. Plus if you go Morrison is liable to follow you and we both know he's in no fit state right now to go charging into a firefight.""