The Next Emperor (open, spots for 3 heroes and 1 princess)

Started by Untamed Skies, January 04, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivorousBunny

But then how do we decide what the spy finds? A discussion and decision based on what would make the RP more interesting, or do the NPCs know everything?
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

ArtemisHighmore

That works too. I would recommend just finding a Medieval name generator. XD

Untamed Skies

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on January 08, 2013, 01:05:24 AM
But then how do we decide what the spy finds? A discussion and decision based on what would make the RP more interesting, or do the NPCs know everything?

I tend to be more based on what makes the RP more interesting. Since it'll be OOC we can discuss what we think will be the right time to catch certain individuals with their hands in the cookie jar.

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 01:14:42 AM
That works too. I would recommend just finding a Medieval name generator. XD

I resorted to that after I ran out of names.

I think this seems most appropriate to be placed in Human small group system?

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Untamed Skies on January 08, 2013, 01:20:55 AM
I tend to be more based on what makes the RP more interesting. Since it'll be OOC we can discuss what we think will be the right time to catch certain individuals with their hands in the cookie jar.

Yeah, I think that's the better option as well.  The Human small groups sounds appropriate to me.

Anyway, I am done editing Jacquelyn.  I feel she is more deserving of her title as the impish princess.
my  o&o and a&a

ArtemisHighmore

Yeah, human small group works for me.

mj2002

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 08, 2013, 12:05:51 AM
This has merit.

We could just use unbiased common sense or add events to the tournament in order for the heroes to gain certain NPC's favor.   I think the princesses should also be able to effect how much support a hero gets from the other 4 authorities.  For instance, if a princess is loved by the people and favors a certain hero than she should be able to sway that NPC into supporting that hero as well.

Just an idea.
I had intended on my character certainly trying to sway an NPC at least, though the one that represents the people isn't likely to be the one.

azzmeister89

Wow i go to sleep and miss almost three pages, catching up could take a while

Untamed Skies

Ok the official threads are up, I apologize on the delay, roommate ran out of gas on his way to work. If you guys don't mind posting your characters in the Character thread I think we're all ready to go. 

recruitment thread
Bazaar Thread
Hero's Quadrant
Palace Thread
The Proving Grounds Thread
Character Thread

And with that it's about 3am here and I'm crashing, I look forward to posting with you all tomorrow.

Pentagious666

hey skies, I put up something for all the players to use so that no one gets lost.  I've seen a few other DMs uses it so here.
The New Emperor(Directory)
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ArtemisHighmore

Looks good. I have a pretty full schedule today so I won't have a post up until later tonight.

mj2002

We keeping this thread on for chatter then?

Untamed Skies

Pentagious666

By the by the threads are open for posting everyone :P
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

ArtemisHighmore

Untamed Skies

So we are temporarily allowing new interested parties as a few of our initial interest have parted ways. The RP is still very fresh there have only been two matches in the tournament and such. Any questions feel free to post them.

mj2002

CarnivorousBunny

Maybe you should put up on the first page the kind of heroes that would be fun to have in the game right now! I like the idea of a hero with evil intentions.

Rather than a hero who entered to get the crown through just means, he's entered the tournament to try and infiltrate the kingdom and castle to, say, assassinate the emperor and start some new monarchy before the tournament reaches a conclusion.
my  o&o and a&a

AribethAmkiir

Or heroes who want to kidnap princesses.  That sounds fun.

mj2002

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on January 15, 2013, 01:57:30 AM
Rather than a hero who entered to get the crown through just means, he's entered the tournament to try and infiltrate the kingdom and castle to, say, assassinate the emperor and start some new monarchy before the tournament reaches a conclusion.
Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 15, 2013, 03:00:27 AM
Or heroes who want to kidnap princesses.  That sounds fun.
Wait, what happened to the tournament!

CarnivorousBunny

It would still be there, but leaving the game open to more possibilities would also be fun. 
If a princess gets kidnapped, it could be kept a secret from certain characters while others are scrambling to find her before the whole city is thrown in to chaos.

There's also no guarantee that the men with these intentions are actually able to pull off their schemes :) I personally think it would just be nice to have different kinds of heroes, both the just, the scoundrels AND the demented :)
my  o&o and a&a

mj2002

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on January 15, 2013, 03:11:29 AM
It would still be there, but leaving the game open to more possibilities would also be fun. 
If a princess gets kidnapped, it could be kept a secret from certain characters while others are scrambling to find her before the whole city is thrown in to chaos.

There's also no guarantee that the men with these intentions are actually able to pull off their schemes :) I personally think it would just be nice to have different kinds of heroes, both the just, the scoundrels AND the demented :)
Come to think of it, it would actually be a really good idea assuming the entire story isn't thrown off balance because of it. I suggest you start attracting some kidnappers then!

Untamed Skies

We already have half the heroes willing to do anything to take the crown in Cedric, Nohman, and Gavin are all ruthless

mj2002

CarnivorousBunny

I guess we're just waiting for new interest in the game :)
my  o&o and a&a

Untamed Skies

Quote from: mj2002 on January 16, 2013, 12:12:39 AM
No more heroes available?

2 slots for heroes I was just stating we aren't really hurting for mean guys.

And yeah hoping for renewed interest