The Wars of the Roses - Complete -- The valley is safe from the Thorns!

Started by Valerian, June 05, 2009, 06:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazyth

Kazyth lumbers into the square, face grim and set as he rumbles, "No... but I think Nanoki might have some answers.  Seems aweful slippery to me, the way he only ever votes for himself..."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Bliss

Bliss frowns at Kazyth, shaking her head. "I can understand not wanting to hurt anybody if he can help it," she murmured, and reluctantly went to fetch the basket from behind the tree.

If ever she got out of this alive, she decided, she was going to burn the thing and get a new market basket.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

Current Voting:

Marguerite (2) - Bliss, Maeven
Kaz (1) - Nanoki
Nanoki (1) - Kaz
Bliss (0)
Maeven (0)

Yet to vote: Marguerite

There are 1 Thorn, 1 Ladybug, and 3 Roses.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

Kazyth frowns right back at Bliss, then shakes his head and sighs.  "What better way to hide what you are?  If you don't vote against anyone, you don't risk showing that you are a Thorn... and people pity you, leave you alone so that you can kill in the night.  It's the only idea I have."
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Bliss

Softly, Bliss sighed, an reached out to lay a gentle hand upon Kazyth's arm. "Do you not remember Saku's words? Our Bee, she knew more than any of us, and she told us that we could trust Nanoki. I do not believe he is a Thorn any more than you are. There are so few of us left - and I know Caeli has been keeping notes..."

Bliss wanders into Caeli's cottage - and lets out an awful wail, discovering the poor Rose's body upon the floor, her body rent and torn terribly by the horrible Thorns!

Weeping, she dashes back out and leans against the outside wall of the cottage... Caeli's notes in hand, to try to piece together who the Thorn might be.

"Out of those of us left... there is one person who has consistenently voted to lynch people we know to be Roses, or who I feel entirely certain to be Roses," she declared later that day, and wrote down Marguerite's name once again to put in the basic, heartsick and furious that she'd not collaborated with Caeli sooner to discover this treachery.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Nanoki

Having been out for a short walk he heard Kaz's words raising an eyebrow, shaking his head.  "If you will remember you arrogant ass, I voted for Marguerite after Saku was hung.  If you truely think I am a Thorn why not try and prove it with facts and not just slander."  He said casually walking past Kaz with his pad of paper under his arm.  He had been looking for a quiet place to sit and write, but that had been blown out of the water.  Shrugging slowly he turned back to Kaz scribbling Kaz on a slip of paper saying "I much prefer to stay to myself to avoid things like this, and it lets me work on my poetry.  However with all of this going on it seems that I have no choice but to interact with everyone."  Taking a deep breath he turned back to the path out of town to get some more poems written.
Ons and Offs/<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=27907.0">A&A</a>/Wants

“History Is Much Like An Endless Waltz. The Three Beats Of War, Peace And Revolution Continue On Forever.”

Maeven

After a long time spent at the water's edge, Maeven returned to the village and printed her vote on a piece of paper before dropping it into the basket.  Marguerite had raised her suspicions long ago and today she'd have to act upon her instincts.
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Marguerite

She packed up her things and moved out of her cottage to smile at those left, "Adios for now, hopefully the thorns will not get you." A twinkle in her eye and she chuckled, hurrying off for this Thorn was not about to be hung but she placed her vote in for Nanoki. This thorn was about to save herself from being hanged but best to leave these people in peace.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Bliss

Only a guilty party would dare, at such a crucial time, to attempt to run - and to try to cause the death of one more member of their dwindling community as she did so! It was horrible, heartless, cruel.

It enraged Bliss.

As Marguerite began to flee the village, Bliss raised her arms high and closed her eyes - and slowly, the flare of rounded red wings spotted in black flared upon her back, opening and waving gently. From all corners of the earth came a slow and growing hum, a cloud beginning to converge and darkening the sky.

A Ladybug swarm swept down through the village, leaving the Roses pleasantly untouched. But en masse, they descended upon Marguerite's departing form, the weight of them piling upon her carrying her to the ground, where she was covered in a writhing mass of the creatures, which shifted and surged upon her like a blood-red wave.

Then Bliss's arms dropped, and the tiny creatures dispersed. Marguerite's luggage was in the middle of the road, but of the last Thorn, there was... no more.

Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Valerian

The curtain drops.

• Aiden - (thorn) lynched
  • Bliss - (ladybug)
  • Caeli - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Kaz the Beast
  • LadySky - (rose) lynched
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite - (thorn) killed by ladybugs!
  • Nanoki
  • Rockin - (rose) killed by Thorns
  • Saku - (bee) lynched
  • Sir Desan - (thorn) lynched

One Ladybug and three Roses live to tell the tale.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Desan

(that picture freaked the hell out of me.  :o :o :o)
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

LadySky

So is this thread now dead? Should I keep it for the next game?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Caeli

No. :-) This game is now completed, so just keep a watch on Val's Group Roleplays Wanted thread, or the Pirate's Code OOC thread, to see when the next game pops up. ^_^
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs