F partner wanted for "body horror" style plot...

Started by xenophylia, August 12, 2014, 07:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xenophylia

Been trying to find a (F) partner for a somewhat unusual idea.  A scientist (MC) is scheduled to receive a new intern on the very same day he learns the funding to his research has been terminated.   He was working on a form of organic contraception- that is, a living organism that could be implanted into a woman to prevent pregnancy.  This organism has already been successfully created and tried in animal studes but never in humans. 

The intern (YC) is crushed when she learns her opportunity to learn from the researcher likely is no longer going to happen.  Against her better judgement she “volunteers” to host one of the organisms, going against all of the research protocols.  Desperate to keep his research alive he agrees, and implants one of the creatures in her womb.  Things are fine initially.  But then the side effects begin...

I'm looking for someone who isn't afraid of a little science in their science fiction.  I try to keep things reasonably plausible despite the fantastic subject matter.  Partner should be literate, have reasonably good grammar, and be willing to contribute to the actual story.  I'm happy to discuss my ideas with anyone interested.  Please drop me a pm for  additional elaboration on the plot.  X.